• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Omg! a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My Host's Home!

In summary, Sarah's friend received a host packet for a show she did not order, and was confused because she thought she ordered it. Sarah contacted the woman and explained the situation, and the woman was so grateful that she now wants to host a show.
Jolie_Paradoxe
Gold Member
So I have an outside order who wanted to book a show. We'd only texted back and forth, and I mailed her a host packet. A week later she texts that she's wondering when to expect the host packet. It seems it never arrived! I tell her I'll drop it off so that she can get going.

I look up her address on P3, and head on my merry way. I arrive and ring the doorbell, and the husband answers the door and just stares at me. I ask if Julie is home, and he says she is....again, he just stands there....so I introduce myself and mention Pampered Chef to which he says, Ah! Hold on.

Julie comes down and again stands in the doorway. I tell her I have the host packet for her show. She looks confused and says, but I never said I was having a show. She says she received the packet in the mail, but that she was sure she indicated that she did NOT want to have a show on the outside order form!?! She received the host packet and called her daughter to try and figure out why she'd gotten a host packet. She says she talked with Amy, her daughter, and that Amy was telling her she should have a show.

So, I apologize for the confusion and ask what her phone number is. She blurbs it out, and it is NOT the same number as the one I have been texting....but the 1st and last name are the same! I laugh and tell her that there has been a mistake, totally on my part and explain that I had the wrong person. She laughed so hard, and told me that her husband figured it was my way of getting shows and that it was sneaky but brilliant! lol

I told her that was not the case, but maybe one I may have to visit later on....she told me to call her daughter because she definitely wants to host a show. Turns out I did not have both of them listed as contacts, so only 1 option for that name popped up.

So....embarrassing error on my part, but luckily one that worked in my favor. I now have another show! lol

So, what's the craziest way you've gotten a booking?

Last edited:
All I can say is, only you Laurie - only you!

LOL Sarah....yup. Murphy's Law covered by God's Grace!

That is so funny!
Wish I had a good story like that. Nothing very exciting.
I guess the only thing was- I had a friend come over for a girls night Christmas Party. Trying to save time and money, I made all PC recipes. She loved everything and wanted to book a party. Not being a consultant, I tried to get my SIL who is a consultant to call her, but she never did. Realizing I needed the $ and LOVED PC, I signed up as a consultant to do her party. I now am doing my 3rd party for her next month. Doing her party really helped build my business!

gotta agree with Sarah, only you Laurie :)

That is pretty funny! I don't have any funny stories yet. Give me time, I'm sure I'll do something silly! ;)

Lisa, That's a great personal story!

Thanks lfg! :D

Sheila...looking forward to reading them.

What an awesome story! That's hilarious!

I really can't think of a story that fun. My favorite story is running into a lady who said "Oh, my husband LOVES Pampered Chef, he should have a party!"....gave me her DH's #, and told me to call him. I did, he booked an Men Only party...and after 3 parties, he signed up and is now a consultant on my team!

Oh I like that one Becky, and I think it is fun! How cool that she gave you his info....how's he doing with the biz?

I suppose I should have asked what's the most unusual or unexpected way you've secured a booking...then maybe we'd be reading other's unexpected bonuses.

That's hysterical. Don't you wonder why she didn't contact you when she received the host kit?

I did Rae....she was stumped and apparently not sure how to proceed. She actually questioned herself and wondered if she may have given me an impression that she wanted a show. This must have really thrown her since she discussed it with a friend, her daughter, some of her family members who HAD attended the show and her husband! lol

Poor woman....I was embarrassed to say the least, but also had to laugh alongside her....because seriously, what would you do when the rep pops up on your doorstep after mailing a host packet.

She said she was baffled because all the guests had confirmed to her that I was very casual and NON pushy....having a packet arrive with her name AND a date freaked her out and she assumed it was through her own doing! lol

Agreeing - only you! So this is the secret to your success, huh?

You got me Becca! :D

I just read an email that describes me to a T! It says, "My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely." Just glad that I have many from above watching out for me. Some days, I feel like I'm the inspector from Pink Panther....it just all falls into place regardless of what wrench I seem to throw in.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Lisa, That's a great personal story!

Thanks lfg! :D

Sheila...looking forward to reading them.

ha ha i just realised my real name isnt out there in the CS world

lfg8764 said:
ha ha i just realised my real name isnt out there in the CS world

You can go under "User CP" and edit your signature, if you want to share your name. :) It's always nice knowing everyone's first name. Saying "Thanks lfg" does sound a little funny. :D

What is "Omg! a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My Host's Home!"?

"Omg! a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My Host's Home!" is a hilarious game from Pampered Chef that is perfect for parties and gatherings. It involves telling funny stories and completing silly tasks, making for a fun and memorable experience.

How many players can participate in "Omg! a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My Host's Home!"?

This game can accommodate up to 10 players, making it great for small or large groups.

What types of tasks and challenges are included in "Omg! a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My Host's Home!"?

The game includes a variety of tasks and challenges such as acting out funny scenarios, creating funny stories, and completing physical challenges. Each task is designed to make players laugh and have a great time.

Can "Omg! a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My Host's Home!" be played with kids?

While the game is recommended for ages 18 and up, it can be played with kids as long as adult supervision is present. Some tasks and challenges may need to be adjusted for younger players.

Is "Omg! a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My Host's Home!" available for purchase?

Yes, "Omg! a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My Host's Home!" is available for purchase through Pampered Chef. Contact your local Pampered Chef consultant to purchase the game and start having some laughs with your friends and family!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
Replies