• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rude and Infuriating: My Host MIA Since Booking

In summary, the host for tomorrow has been MIA, and the guest list has to be confirmed before the show.
DebbieJ
This just irks me so much. I would never do this to anyone.

My host for tomorrow has been MIA ever since we booked the date. I should have given it to someone else. Now I'm stuck.

I know I have the right phone number and the right email and she has not responded at all.

I don't need advice on what to do--I'm aware of all the tactics to get her to respond. Guess I'll now be rethinking my strategy on this as well.

But it is still INFURIATING in the meantime, not to mention just plain RUDE!!!!

YUP !! I just had one of these last Friday she had already rescheduled once.
then she just never returned any calls or emails this just P.O.'s me to no end!

She had booked from a friend of mine. Who was the one to tell me she had planned on cancelling. Still I made 3+ calls to her + several emails with no repsonse what so ever. What really made me angry was she knew she was cancelling weeks before! If I had had the oppurtunity to fill her night I would have, i was considering that night open for a booking.

Finally I called her the night before and said "since you haven't gotten back to me I assume your not having a show tomorrow, bye!"

I didn't offer a reschedule or that I would call her again, I have no desire to chase or work with someone that inconsiderate.

I guess it takes all kinds.

Fortunately I have had few people that have done this bt one just never responded to anything and I send her an email and call that if I didn't not hear from her by XXX time I considered her fundraiser cancelled. There are just a few rude and inconsiderate people in this world. We just have to take the high road. I think Don Funt require that he receive a guest list before he even gives them a packet. I am sure this drops the cancellation rate.

I had a lady like that last summer. She booked off a show that she didn't attend. I delivered the host packet & called her to go over it. Never heard back from her after that. Luckily, it was after I started mailing invitations for my hosts, so when I didn't get her guest list, I knew it wasn't happening. I called about 5 times (no email) asking her if we were still on or not & never heard back from her. I don't understand how someone can't just call & say, sorry, but I've changed my mind. What happened to common courtesy?

I know I should do the guest list to confirm date thing. I know that Carolyn here does it.

But I got my May host packets out late, so I cut her some slack and now it's coming back to bite me.

Common courtesy AND common sense are not so common

I had myself TWO of these in the last week. I was supposed to do a bridal on April 29th. Talked to the host beginning of April and never heard from her again. Left 2 messages on machine, spoke with hubby once, then wrote it off and of course never heard back. Last time I called, when I spoke with hubby was on the 19th.

The other was one who was supposed to do a kitchen show in March. When I called and left 2 messages and finally reached her on the third try she said 'I never got my package'. Oh and you're just mentioning this now a week before the show? Ya right. Then she says I have to change the date anyway since the show was for a Saturday and I got laid off and start a different job on Monday. ?!?!?! So we changed it to an April catalogue show, sent her a new pack but this time to her mother's address where I was also sending a pack for her sister's May kitchen show. Spoke with the sister this week, both packs arrived beginning of April and of course I never heard from the MIA host. Didn't call her this time though. She went MIA back in 2005 on me as well when I was relatively new and then 4 months later called as if nothing was wrong and did a show. I was leary but did it and it was 600 plus bookings. Then this year, MIA for a kitchen and then a catalogue. So strike 3 you're out!

The sister's kitchen show is tomorrow and supposedly MIA host is coming...any idea what to say if she asks to book? Do I say something like, sorry 3 strikes you're out? I'd so LOVE to say it! :D

kcjodih said:
I had myself TWO of these in the last week. I was supposed to do a bridal on April 29th. Talked to the host beginning of April and never heard from her again. Left 2 messages on machine, spoke with hubby once, then wrote it off and of course never heard back. Last time I called, when I spoke with hubby was on the 19th.

The other was one who was supposed to do a kitchen show in March. When I called and left 2 messages and finally reached her on the third try she said 'I never got my package'. Oh and you're just mentioning this now a week before the show? Ya right. Then she says I have to change the date anyway since the show was for a Saturday and I got laid off and start a different job on Monday. ?!?!?! So we changed it to an April catalogue show, sent her a new pack but this time to her mother's address where I was also sending a pack for her sister's May kitchen show. Spoke with the sister this week, both packs arrived beginning of April and of course I never heard from the MIA host. Didn't call her this time though. She went MIA back in 2005 on me as well when I was relatively new and then 4 months later called as if nothing was wrong and did a show. I was leary but did it and it was 600 plus bookings. Then this year, MIA for a kitchen and then a catalogue. So strike 3 you're out!

The sister's kitchen show is tomorrow and supposedly MIA host is coming...any idea what to say if she asks to book? Do I say something like, sorry 3 strikes you're out? I'd so LOVE to say it! :D

I think I'd offer to do it but tell her you will send out the invites, you need the least three weeks in advance, and if you don't receive it then you'll consider it cancelled. You could also ask her for a non-refundable $15 to pay for the demo ingredients. Then if she bails you at least have something to console you for your efforts.

Hey Deb ~ yes it's definitely frustrating...however...don't give up yet. This happened to me 2 weeks ago...

Friday night about 7:30 PM...leaving the ump-teenth phone message. Guess what? She calls me about 8:00 PM and says "are we still having a party? I haven't heard from you in weeks!"

What?

So I told I left several messages over the past several weeks (host coaching calls, recipe selection, guest count, "are we still on?", oh about 10 calls, probably more.

She apologizes and says...I guess my DH is listening to the messages an not telling me..I don't have kids I can blame it on...just my big kid! LOL

What the heck?!?!?!?

So I ended up picking the recipe, bought the groceries...that party was the next morning at 11 AM!

Ended up being a $850 party...

So Deb, it might still happen!

Hang in there...

Ginny

Just got an email from the host saying she's been in an accident. So the show is off.

Good thing since I already made plans to go to a cookout at my sister's house. :)

See, there was a good reason. I hope she reschedules.

She certainly has a good reason. I hope she is ok and if hurt gets better soon.

Related to Rude and Infuriating: My Host MIA Since Booking

What should I do if my host has been MIA since booking?

If your host has been unresponsive since booking, the first step is to reach out to them and politely inquire about the status of your event. It's possible that they have just been busy and haven't had a chance to follow up. If you still don't hear back, you can also contact our customer service team for assistance.

Can I cancel my order if my host is unresponsive?

Yes, you can cancel your order if your host is unresponsive. Our cancellation policy allows for cancellations up to 24 hours before the event. If your event is less than 24 hours away and you haven't heard back from your host, please contact us for further assistance.

What happens if my host cancels the event?

If your host cancels the event, we will work with you to find a new host or reschedule the event. If a new date cannot be agreed upon, we can also provide a full refund for your order.

Can I still attend the event if my host is MIA?

Unfortunately, if your host is MIA and hasn't made arrangements for someone else to host the event, it may not be possible for the event to still take place. We recommend reaching out to your host and our customer service team to explore alternative options.

What can I do to avoid a MIA host in the future?

To avoid a MIA host in the future, we recommend clearly communicating with them about expectations and responsibilities when booking the event. You can also request contact information for a backup host in case of emergencies. Additionally, booking events with hosts who have a history of prompt communication can also help prevent this issue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • prissylovescooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies