• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booking MIA Hosts for June: What's the Best Approach?

In summary, Sarah is trying to contact 8 hosts for a June show, but 2 of them have not responded. She is considering offering an incentive to the hosts who do respond, printing out a list of upcoming specials, or changing her message when she calls them.
stefani2
So I have 8 MIA Hosts who originally wanted to schedule for June. I don't normally do/worry about this - but I want a full June b/c of SAT. What do you suggest I do? I have left message (just stating that they were interested in booking a show, I am excited to set a date, and that we have fab specials coming up....). These are the options I have come up with but I don't know what is best:
(1) Put together a simple flyer stating the upcoming Host Specials and mail it followed up by phone
(2) Give an incentive to these Hosts for booking - send by email and follow up by phone
(3) Change my msg that I leave when I phone them (stating that I understand they are busy, I have tried a few times, here is my phone number, and I will leave it up to them to phone when they are ready to host their show)

What should I do? ANY suggestions would be appreciated. TIA! :cool:

None of the above. Keep calling.

DebbieJ said:

Ha ha ha ha.

I have so much to learn!

:eek:

Jenna,

I am so there with you! I have 4 June hosts who I've been trying to contact for weeks and no answer. I finally got ahold of 2 and they said they would call back, but they never did. I'm pretty much ready to give up on them. Since then, I've had 3 more shows booked and the spots are filling up. Two of the MIA hosts are my neighbors, so I was thinking I'd drop a packet at their door with a few dates on them?

If you have 8 prospective hosts, you might think about doing a Mystery Host Show. I've been thinking about doing this, with the caveat that any show of $600.00 or more would be booked as a separate show, and the host would then receive all the benefits herself, instead of splitting them with others.

This way, you have the potential for a $1000.00 show (or more), plus you have dates free for other bookings.

Sarah

DebbieJ said:

That's EXACTLY right ~ Just keep calling...

If phone calls go unreturned ... I'd leave a note on her door or put one in the mail encouraging them to get in touch with you.I did this today and saw her SUV in the drive ... she answered! So all is well and we are still on schedule! Yay!

Great!! Glad it worked out for you!

Remember that it isn't their job to call you, but it is your job to call them! You can offer them an extra incentive if they call you back before you call them again. "I'll try you again in a few days, but if you reach me before I call you, I'll have a little something extra for you at your show!" You can make that as simple as a twixit clip since you didn't say what you'd give her!

aPamperedBride said:
Remember that it isn't their job to call you, but it is your job to call them! You can offer them an extra incentive if they call you back before you call them again. "I'll try you again in a few days, but if you reach me before I call you, I'll have a little something extra for you at your show!" You can make that as simple as a twixit clip since you didn't say what you'd give her!

I love this idea! I'll try that myself.

Sarah

I know that is it MY job to phone people - and I have been. The reason I was going to do the 'extra' work by printing out a page with all the upcoming specials was so that I could followup with a phone call and then the host knows exactly what specials I am referring to when I contact her by phone. A lot of these hosts are not super familiar with PC and didn't even know about the specials when they first booked.

It was just an idea.

Once I re-read my post - I sound snotty :( I don't mean to be - I was just trying to explain my reasoning for doing a bit of extra work this time with bookings. I appreciate everyone's suggestions and thank you for the reminder about phone calls....:)

What is a Mia Host?

A Mia Host is someone who hosts a Pampered Chef party or event. They invite friends and family to learn about our products and try them out for themselves.

What do I have to do as a Mia Host?

As a Mia Host, your main responsibility is to invite guests to your party and provide a space for the event to take place. You can also help with setting up and promoting the party, as well as providing snacks and refreshments for your guests.

Do I have to purchase anything as a Mia Host?

No, there is no requirement to purchase anything as a Mia Host. However, many hosts choose to purchase products for themselves and their guests as a way to earn rewards and discounts.

What are the benefits of being a Mia Host?

As a Mia Host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party. You also have the opportunity to try out new products and recipes, as well as receive exclusive Host specials and offers.

How do I become a Mia Host?

To become a Mia Host, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to schedule a party. You can also ask a friend who is already a consultant to host a party for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ayden's Mom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • kcmckay