• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success with Flaky Hosts: A Pampered Chef Story

In the right pocket I put:1 catalog1 postcard1 "Suggestions for a Successful Show" card1 business card holder1 pen1 pink phone charger1 small baggie with extra postcards, catalogs, and stickersI also have a folder for the kit with everything inside of it.
raebates
Staff member
WARNING: long post :D

I have a host whose show will close soon. She scheduled this show in late January. I sent her a complete host kit. I called her a few days after she received it to see if she had any questions. She didn't.

I placed a couple of calls, but couldn't get hold of her. Left "just checking on you" messages.

I sent two postcards. Sent a bright pink "Beat This" card 2 weeks before the show date. Sent a "Suggestions for a Successful Show" card 1 week before the show date.

Her show was scheduled for last Thursday.

I called on Tuesday to firm up the details. Her husband said she wouldn't be home until late. I asked him to tell her I had called, and I'd call the next night.

I called Wednesday night. Got the machine. Left a message that I would try again later. In case I didn't get hold of her, I said I would plan for 10 people [running out of current catalogs] and told her what I'd be bringing. I asked her to let me know if any of that didn't work for her. I gave her my cell number so she wouldn't have to look it up.

She called later that night. This is the night before the show, remember. She said that that afternoon at work the woman she booked from said that she was looking forward to her party tomorrow night.

Host said, "I'm not having a party."

Past host: Yes, you are.

Host: No, I'm not.

Past host: Yes, you are. You're having a Pampered Chef party.

[She knew this because I have started sending the host special to the booked-from host with a post-it saying, "So-and-so is having a party on day, date. You are entitled to this special if it interests you."]

My host laughed, turned to the 7 or 8 women standing around and said, "I completely forgot. You'll all come to the party tomorrow night. Right?"

She talked to several women that day and made some calls. Her husband overheard her and said, "Oh, yeah, that Pampered Chef lady called last night."

She was now expecting 10 people or so. She definitely wanted to do the show.

When I got there she wasn't home. She called to say she was about 10 minutes away, and would be there soon. Okay.

She was very apologetic. She told me as I was setting up that she was sorry. Things had been crazy, and she put her kit in another room and completely forgot. I told her that I was concerned that she hadn't received my postcards. She had. She set them aside and forgot!

She then told me that she really appreciated the kit. She said that when she sat down the night before to go through it again, everything she needed was there. Everything was simply explained and organized for her. She also told this to all the guests when I did my booking commercial in the middle of the show.

Oh yeah, she had 12 guests. The show is currently at $400, and I expect her to easily have at least $500 in guest sales when we close tomorrow. I also got 3 bookings from her show.

It's taken a long time to get here, but my point is: Don't count out those flaky hosts!

Wow - you sure salvaged that one!!! Way to go!!

Cool! I'm glad it worked out for you. :)

I"m glad it worked out for you! I've learned too; sometimes people are flaky, but they do mean well! I don't give up on anyone that says they want to have a show. Great job:)

Do you put anything different in your host packets? I usually have show planner, host letter, specials, outside order forms, catalogs and an oppy brochure.....

Any wisdom you have that makes the host packet easily organized would be greatly apprecaited!!

Thanks,

Angela :eek:

Great job of staying on top with that host. I love the idea of sending the past host a post card. I'm going to have to incorporate that!

Host kits for my cooking shows are in yellow folders. The label says "here's the Host Kit for your Pampered Chef Show. Thanks for hosting. Let the fun begin! (I changed the label to read "Kit" instead of "Packet" because my Director pointed out that a packet is information you keep. A kit is something you use.)My card is in the little spot on the left side, along with a sticker that says "Help Wanted! Ask me about becoming a consultant." On the right side I have a clear lable with the "40 Invitations?!!" info, along with "Remember to invite the host you booked from" and "Please call me immediately if you need to reschedule" stickers.In the left pocket I put (working front to back):
1/2 sheet with host responsibilities
"Let's Have a Great Show!" sheet (Adapted that from one I found here)
Show planner
ATale of Two Hostesses (Adapted that from one I found here)On the right side I have (also front to back):
Invitations (I give them 40, unwrapped, with a card reminding them to "Invite Everyone Who Eats"
Outside Order Forms (my own version)
A 6 x 9 envelope with a label that reads, "Collect Your Outside Orders in This Envelope"
Host special
Guest special
4 catalogsI don't put in an opportunity brochure. I do that in person.Hope this helps.

Thank you so much!!! That seems so organized!! I can't wait to try it!!

Do you mind sharing some of the files? Especially the stickers and the host responsibilities.Thanks!

Rae would you by chance remember where some of those flyers can be found? I tried searching through some of the forums and came up empty handed.

Thanks for any help!!

Rae - great kit - I'll have to steal some ideas - thanks!

Great to hear it turned out so well. The "Host Kit" info is great. Thanks.

My Sweet but Flaky Host

I think this title is only appropriate because she actually pulled it off!

This thread would have had a completely different title if it hadn't worked out so well!

I'll be glad to attach copies of the stickers and fliers as soon as my computer begins cooperating again. (Long, boring Microsoft story.)

What is "My Sweet but Flaky Host" and how does it work?

"My Sweet but Flaky Host" is a program offered by Pampered Chef to reward our amazing hosts who bring friends and family together for an unforgettable cooking and shopping experience. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your party.

How do I become a "My Sweet but Flaky Host"?

Becoming a "My Sweet but Flaky Host" is easy! Simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a party. As long as your party has a minimum of $200 in sales, you will automatically become a "My Sweet but Flaky Host" and start earning rewards.

What rewards can I earn as a "My Sweet but Flaky Host"?

As a "My Sweet but Flaky Host", you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your party. The more your guests shop, the more rewards you will receive. You can also earn additional rewards by hosting a party with at least $650 in sales.

How long do I have to redeem my "My Sweet but Flaky Host" rewards?

Your "My Sweet but Flaky Host" rewards are valid for 60 days from the date of your party. Your consultant will help you redeem your rewards and make sure you get the most out of your hosting experience.

Can I combine my "My Sweet but Flaky Host" rewards with other promotions or discounts?

Unfortunately, "My Sweet but Flaky Host" rewards cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts. However, you can use your rewards to purchase any products at full price. Your consultant will be happy to help you maximize your rewards and make the most of your hosting experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
darlinclem
  • ChefMommyof3Boys