• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Secure a Repeat Host and Beat the Competition? Find Out How!

In summary, Sally is undecided about whether or not to host a show with Jane or the other consultant. If she does host, she is worried about hurting the feelings of the other consultant. She is also worried about not being able to book a show soon enough. Jane suggests that Sally let the other host know she is booking from her but using you as the consultant, which would make the other consultant understand the situation.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Last year, I had a VERY successful party hosted by "Jane" and "Sally." Want to know how well that show did? Just look to your left.

Well, Jane, who actually hosted the party, said she is now retired but if Sally wants to host, she would still let her do it at her house.

Sally knew a little about the August specials because her friend is doing a show Aug. 6 using July specials. She initially wanted to host a show Aug. 13 but now thinks it's too soon after her friend's party. She's also in the middle of some home renovations.

I really wanted to get Sally's date on the calendar before her friend's party because I KNOW this other consultant will try to take Sally away from me, telling her that her friend will get the booking benefit if she hosts.

If she hosts with me instead, will Sally's friend still get the booking benefit?

Yes, the booking benefit follows the host, not the consultant. But here's the catch ... if Sally pretends she's going to host with the other consultant, she'll hurt that consultant's feelings later. If she's honest & says she already has a show on the calendar with you, the other consultant might not put in the booking to be mean. Hopefully the other consultant will do the right thing & put in the booking so HER host can benefit without getting her feelings hurt that she didn't get the booking. ;)

Let's just say I wouldn't put anything past this consultant!

I really hope we can get it on the calendar before the Aug. 6 show!

Can you offer her an extra (cheap) incentive to get her to book now? Or is this unethical?

I think so ... I'd offer to pay for her host special but that can be pricey with the special in August being cookware.

How about tell her to let the other host know she is booking from her but using you as the consultant as she is loyal to you. Then they both tell the other consultant that it is a booking. If she doesnt do the right thing she stands the chance of losing customers and a possible repeat host herself so hopefully she will put the booking in.

How about just being honest with her? Remind her that her original booking was with you, and ask her to be just as professional with you as she would expect you to be with her. You would not have bailed on her if something better came up for you, and ask her to please keep her original booking with you because this IS your business.

Nanisu said:
How about just being honest with her? Remind her that her original booking was with you, and ask her to be just as professional with you as she would expect you to be with her. You would not have bailed on her if something better came up for you, and ask her to please keep her original booking with you because this IS your business.

I don't think the situation is that she is going to bail on a set date. They want to get a booking scheduled now as a repeat good hostess, rather than lose her to another consultant because she books from her friends party.

A lot of consultants only follow the "booking goes with the hostess not the consultant" rule when they are giving the bookings to a personal recruit. It's going to take good communication on the part of the host and the booking guest to make sure the consultant understands at the show that the show is being held with another consultant because of loyalty. Then it's up to the consultant how it's handled.

Thanks ladies ... I will be honest with her and am thinking of a way to spin this positively, as in "I would like to thank you for your loyalty and repeat business so here is what I am going to do."

Something along the lines of offering her the chance to use a host special at a show I'm doing if we can put her show on the calendar before Aug. 5. And offer something to her friend as well to thank her for understanding.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Thanks ladies ... I will be honest with her and am thinking of a way to spin this positively, as in "I would like to thank you for your loyalty and repeat business so here is what I am going to do."

Something along the lines of offering her the chance to use a host special at a show I'm doing if we can put her show on the calendar before Aug. 5. And offer something to her friend as well to thank her for understanding.

Give them both 20% off their orders at the show. The past host then gets to pick what she wants and gets about 30% off with her PHD and the host gets 20% extra off anything she wants with the show discount. You don't get commission (or not much) on their orders but you get a show and you're not spending out of pocket because your commission will cover it.

Well ... I e-mailed her asking her to secure a date and offering her an incentive if she did ... she said there is NO WAY she'd let the other consultant steal the show and she already told her she wants to do a show with me, her aunt (who may not contribute much to it but we'll see) and me. The date she picked doesn't work that great for me because of work but I'll let her know for sure when I'm at work and see my schedule for the week.

What is the "Help Me Snag This Repeat Host!" program?

The "Help Me Snag This Repeat Host!" program is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef to help consultants secure repeat hosts for their parties. It is designed to incentivize previous hosts to book another party with the consultant.

How does the program work?

To participate in the "Help Me Snag This Repeat Host!" program, consultants must submit a list of previous hosts to their team leader. The team leader will then reach out to these hosts on behalf of the consultant, offering them a special booking incentive. If the host books another party, the consultant will receive a bonus reward.

What are the benefits of participating in the program?

Participating in the "Help Me Snag This Repeat Host!" program has several benefits. It allows consultants to build a strong customer base and increase their party bookings. Additionally, the program rewards consultants with bonus incentives for securing repeat hosts, which can lead to higher sales and commissions.

Are there any restrictions or limitations to the program?

Yes, there are a few restrictions and limitations to the "Help Me Snag This Repeat Host!" program. The program is only available to consultants in good standing and with an active account. The consultant must also submit a minimum of 10 previous hosts to their team leader to be eligible for the program.

Can consultants track their progress in the program?

Yes, consultants can track their progress in the "Help Me Snag This Repeat Host!" program through their consultant account on the Pampered Chef website. They can see how many previous hosts have been contacted, how many have booked another party, and their total bonus rewards earned.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampcheflisa
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • Suzyengl