• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated Hosts Need RSVPs: A Look at Party Planning

two other people. Needless to say, the food was not good. I would recommend sending out at least 50 invitations and making sure to make reminder calls.
Brandie
Okay, I send invitations for my hosts, and I susally send around 25 or 30 tops. That generally gives me 10-15 people at a show. Nice.

My Saturday show sent out 52 invitations on my tab. She asked me for fifteen more, which I sent to her in a packet that she now tells me she never got.

I emailed her yesterday to let her know that I'd be calling her last night to talk about how many RSVPs she has and to make sure that we will have enough food. She emailed back, told me that she hadn't heard from anyone yet and what time to call her. I emailed back, told her I'd call when she asked and explained that calling the guests is usually the only way to get a good idea for numbers and with that many invitations going out, it would be a good idea to contact as many people as possible. I called twice and reached no one. Here is an excerpt of the email I got this morning:

"I would be surprised if 10 people come to my party, I usually don't have much luck when it comes to parties. I really don't have time to call everyone, I have too much going on every evening. I'm not worried about the food, we will be fine. I can just but double in case and if we don't use it them that is fine.

I have softball tonight so you won't be able to get a hold of me til after 8:30. We usually are in bed by 9:00. I can try calling you on my lunch break since you said you have questions about where my Mom lives. I will see you Saturday whenever you get there."

WHAT?!! :eek: :eek: So why I am coming out (an hour away) on a Saturday afternoon? I mean, I am having a lousy month (only two shows remain--two cancelled and one rescheduled--no leads for bookings), and I need the shows, but if she's only going to have a handful of people (maybe) and we're not going to know for sure (definitely), oy!

I'm just frustrated. Do people not realize that I do this as a JOB and not just for social interaction (though I do crave that). I mean, I wouldn't walk into my financial advisor's office after telling him that I had a million dollars only to say, "you know, I'm just not sure I'll have that much. Maybe a thousand..."

GRRRRRRRR!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Don't be frustrated!! You just never know how much the show could end up with, even with a few people. Look at the threads that people have posted of the great results from only a few guests...
And also, a lot of people do think that is is more of a social event than someone's job...I would try and get some phone #'s from her, and then make calls tomorrow to see if they are coming or not! (And if not, direct them to your website or ask if they know of anything that they want to order)Good luck. It will get better :)

Sounds like the host I had last Saturday. Drove 35 minutes for one order! No kidding!! You may need to get a definite of so many people before you go driving an hour. Flustered hosts like that get on my nerves too, I just want to scream!!!!!!! They do need to know this is a job! not just for recreation!!

As soon as I get a date for a show I tell the hosts that I need the guest list 4 weeks before the show. If I don't have it then, they need to call or email me to let me know it is on its way otherwise the date is up for grabs. Then I say "I don't want to loose out on a day of work". That seems to help. I do send the invites and I make the reminder calls using PostCalls.com - if you want a special rate, email me at [email protected] and I'll send you a referral letter.

Good luck!! Hopefully everything will go ok!

I'm in an ankle-kicking mood, Brandie. Want to PM me her address?

Seriosly, that's horrible. I don't understand some people. Here's hoping she's wrong and her house is just packed with people.

I had this last Saturday. She had only invited about 20 and I sent reminder calls via Post Calls b/c she refused to do them. (I sent out invites for my hosts and they provide me with name, address, and phone). She also wasn't into "pushing" anyone to place an outside order.

She had her niece (the past host), two of her daughters, her sister, and one cousin. I think they had all been at the show she had booked from.

I wasn't really excited about the show since she seemed to be putting so little effort into it and it was the holiday weekend. There was not a ton of room in her house so the set up was a little crazy, too. She had one outside order for me and then one more was placed on my website.

In the end, sales are over $500, I got two bookings, the past host is probably going to sign, and I got one other recruit lead.

I'm glad I went!

ETA: Just talked to the host to close and she had one more order for me and then she took advantage of her discount and the show is closing just shy of $700 commissionable sales.

Last edited:
I had something similar - close to Deb's experience! The host had cancelled twice before, then - sent 7 online invites and invited a few others......(less than 20, probably less than 15) and she had the same attitude - "We may have 2 here or we may have 10 - who knows? Oh well, my family will eat whatever you make".
She had 4 people show up - I'm closing her show today at $402, with 4 bookings! You just never know!

DebbieJ said:
I had this last Saturday. She had only invited about 20 and I sent reminder calls via Post Calls b/c she refused to do them. (I sent out invites for my hosts and they provide me with name, address, and phone). She also wasn't into "pushing" anyone to place an outside order.

She had her niece (the past host), two of her daughters, her sister, and one cousin. I think they had all been at the show she had booked from.

I wasn't really excited about the show since she seemed to be putting so little effort into it and it was the holiday weekend. There was not a ton of room in her house so the set up was a little crazy, too. She had one outside order for me and then one more was placed on my website.

In the end, sales are over $500, I got two bookings, the past host is probably going to sign, and I got one other recruit lead.

I'm glad I went!

ok, you guys make this look so easy! If I could walk out of a show with that I would be jumping for joy!!

You never know how people are going to do. She may even be underestimating b/c people aren't rsvp'ing (big problem in my area). As for sending 52 invites for her, you may want to consider not just paying for postage. Some people send the invite and ask for reimbursement (after all that's what the extra $15 is for) OR tell them it's your gift to them with a $500 show. That gives them a bit of investment into having a good show vs inviting EVERYONE including people that NEVER come to these things b/c they don't have to pay for it. People really don't think about the fact that it IS a job. We are spending time away from home for them (including traveling time), catalogs, host packets, etc all cost money. We would really like to leave with more money than we invested.I hope that you have a spectacular show and come back Saturday night abuzz b/c you had a great show and loads of leads. In the meantime, if it's at all possible, get #'s for her guests so that you can leave reminder calls. Tell her it's much faster for you to do it and that way you have enough supplies for everyone and it's a great way to make sure you bring the products they are interested in as well.

Try not to be too frustrated--you never know what will happen! I had a show an hour away & the host was only expecting around 7 people. Only 3 showed up, but all three booked (& I've gotten at least 2 bookings from each of those shows) & the host is interested in joining & thought her sister might be too. So you never know! Most of my highest attendance shows are my least booked shows.

Make sure you walk into that show with the attitude that the people there are going to love you and the products, you'll get lots of sales, bookings and recruit leads - attitude makes a difference!!

That's so frustrating. Most of the people I'm in contact w/don't think of PC as a JOB! I agree that maybe stating that it really is a JOB is key to getting these hosts to change their tune a little. Paying for all that postage and the gas in your car is quite costly these days so you really (all of us do) need to look out for yourself as much as possible. It's not fair to you as a consultant. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Don't be too discouraged, it might turn out to be great sales-wise! I had a show where the host expected 7 people, only 3 people showed up and I left her house with about $350 in sales and I just closed it last night at $500! So you never know! Good Luck!

Sounds discouraging, but you can never tell.
About the part of this being a "job"...I include a letter in each host packet-just one I made up-that thanks them for choosing me as their consultant, notice there are no invitations as I will send those out for them, a SASE for them to send their guest list, and a blurb about how this is my job, and that I like to keep a full schedule. It seems to have worked and I can always tell who has read it and who hasn't-when a host says "where are my invitations?" when I make the 1st call, I reply, "I explained that in the letter in your packet" and then I review it with them!
I feel like I'm rambling, but I find it best to get it right out there that this is my full-time job and I am not fooling around with the dates and directions I give them. In the 2 years I have been including this in my packets, I have only had 1 show where less than 5 people came! Also, I have had only 1 cancellation in that time frame. Now if I can just get my show average up to $600, I'll feel a sense of accomplishment! You'd think with a good group of 10 in a room, I wouldn't have that trouble, so I guess I don't know the secret to this one! All advise welcome!

I'm going to have to start mailing my invites for hosts! I haven't had the money though! Good idea on that one! Good luck on raising your show average! Mine usually stays about 4-500. I am really hoping for high show averages for June!!:p

chefmeg said:
Sounds discouraging, but you can never tell.
About the part of this being a "job"...I include a letter in each host packet-

I LOVE the letter in the packet idea... especially the part about not including invitations! Please post... I would love to see it! I think that is something I need to start doing myself!

My show average used to be around $650--but that was a couple of years ago. I think that the economy has a bit to do with that. My attendance numbers are about the same as they have always been; people just aren't ordering quite as much as they used to. I'm hoping to get mine up to around $500.

The show went much better than I anticipated--nine in attendance, everyone ordered. She had several outside orders, and she's just shy of $400, but she plans to collect more orders to shoot for the $500 mark. I also got three solid bookings. I guess my concerns were a bit unfounded, but I will say that my host was just about blown away at the number of people there!

I love the idea of the letter in the host packet. If you get a chance, would you post it on this thread? TIA!

In regards to the host who "doesn't have time to call people", one of the things I offer my hosts, besides sending their invitations, is to make their reminder calls for them. I tell them that I understand how crazy schedules can be, but I want them to have a great show. Their friends and family have crazy schedules too and deserve to get a reminder call. At least by doing them myself, I get an idea of how many people to expect and I can ask for orders, bookings, etc.

I did wind up offering to do that for her, but she declined. I'm not crabby because it turned out okay without my doing that, but I think it's something that I will ofer hosts in the future!

I'm dealing with this on the other end right now.
My Jewlrey party is tomorrow. I invited over 50 people. I have 1 maybee... and 4 that say they will order. I have done reminder email and have been making calls today. Really makes you understand how some hosts really do try but it just doesnt pan out....

How did your jewelry show turn out? What jewelry party was it? I had a great jewelry show a long time ago. It was over $600, the consultant's best ever. I didn't know what to pick for free because I earned so much. I do think it's easier to get people to come to Pampered Chef shows.

Well, I had an opposite story- I had a show tonight- the girl was sooo sure we would have a great turn out- like 25 people or more. I guess that many people told her they would try to come or would come. But I ended up with a total of 4, 1 was early and left early, 3 showed up just before she left. I was starting to think we'd have to cancel the show. I felt bad for her, but it didn't seem to bother her. They were all my friends too that showed up, so we had tons of food, so I sat down and enjoyed myself as well. I was even out of there earlier than normal.

pckelly said:
Sounds like the host I had last Saturday. Drove 35 minutes for one order! No kidding!! You may need to get a definite of so many people before you go driving an hour. Flustered hosts like that get on my nerves too, I just want to scream!!!!!!! They do need to know this is a job! not just for recreation!!

Yes, it is our job, but it is also supposed to be fun and an opportunity -- if we push our hosts too hard with the this is my job then it becomes a higher pressure sales event for them and many people aren't interested in doing that.

I had a line that I was using about if you need to cancel please let me know as soon as possible since this is my job and I need to work that night, and if the date doesn't work for you, I can reschedule it and I stopped using the line after TWO different people told me that they wanted to cancel right then because it was putting too much pressure on them and they wanted this to be fun.

I've done a $500 show with 3 guests (and some outside orders) and a $250 show with 12 guests.

It's our job to make the show a pleasurable experience for our customers -- if we put too much pressure on them (even stressing about the host can get communicated to the hosts) I have found that sales go down as do the possibility of bookings from the show (the host is sure to tell their friends how much pressure they felt).

From the other end, I hosted a Sensaria Spa party last night (and their host levels and consultant spiel is VERY similar to PC, so much that I wonder if someone from PC now works there) and I invited over 50 people and had a total of 5 come -- including my neighbor who forgot and showed up 1/2 way through the party. I did do reminder calls to my guests (which were incredibly time consuming and it was a very busy week for me). My show is at $450 right now and my consultant is THRILLED. It is a great product line, but not something I'd consider selling since all of the products are very high end and skin care really isn't my thing. She had the same set up that we do (several phone calls the check in and go over specials and outside orders), and honestly it was way overkill. I send my hosts an email from my website, with a followup email with attachments including a host planner that goes over everything, oof, guest and host specials, and guest list request to mail invites. I ask for emails and send them as the host from the site (and tell the host I'll do that and they can add if they forgot anyone), I give the host a few postcard invitations (but I offer to send most of them). I also start out with a conversation on what will work best for them -- a surprising number of hosts tell me they would much rather handle everything by email rather than the phone -- it makes the show planning happen at their convenience, rather than at mine. Even scheduling a time to talk doesn't always work well (even for me, since life can interfere).

I do suggest anyone that is feeling lots of stress on this issue, that you might want to consider hosting another companies show, just to get a taste for what they do as well as a reminder on what it's like to be a host.

We sell the host on the idea that they are going to have fun, earn free products and have a stress free party

Last edited:
JAE said:
How did your jewelry show turn out? What jewelry party was it? I had a great jewelry show a long time ago. It was over $600, the consultant's best ever. I didn't know what to pick for free because I earned so much. I do think it's easier to get people to come to Pampered Chef shows.

It was a Lia Sophia show. A good friend just became a cons. I had 0 people coming so I called at noon to cancel the demo. By next morning I had my show minimum ($250) so not a total loss. I just seem to be one of those people who although I do know alot of people getting them to shows is tough. Didn't help alot of the spring sports just started up arround here.

1. How can I get more RSVPs for my Pampered Chef party?

The best way to get more RSVPs for your party is to send out invitations early and follow up with reminders closer to the date. You can also offer incentives for guests who RSVP, such as a discount or free product.

2. What should I do if I have a low turnout for my party?

If your party has a low turnout, don't be discouraged! Reach out to your guests and remind them about the party. You can also promote your party on social media or ask friends and family to spread the word. Additionally, consider reaching out to your Pampered Chef consultant for tips and advice.

3. How can I make my Pampered Chef party more enticing for guests to attend?

One way to make your party more enticing is to offer a theme or special activity. You can also provide snacks or drinks for your guests, and make sure to showcase the top-selling Pampered Chef products. Another idea is to offer a prize or giveaway for guests who attend and make a purchase.

4. What should I do if a guest RSVPs but doesn't show up?

If a guest RSVPs but doesn't show up, it's important to follow up with them to see if everything is okay. You can also inquire if they would like to reschedule for a different date. If they simply forgot or had a last-minute conflict, you can still reach out to them and offer to place an order for them.

5. How can I track RSVPs for my Pampered Chef party?

The easiest way to track RSVPs is by using a spreadsheet or online invitation platform. You can also keep a physical list or use a guest book at the party to record attendance. Ask your Pampered Chef consultant for a guest list template to help you keep track of RSVPs and orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • wmrmgr