• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disastrous Show Experience: 114 Degrees and Rain at My Worst Show Ever

In summary, Noora Marghi had a disappointing experience hosting a Pampered Chef party due to the lateness of the guests and their unwillingness to help with the dishes.
RMDave
Gold Member
114 degrees outside and it started to rain.Got to the Host's home as agreed one hour before the show (scheduled for 6:30 p.m.) ... at 7 only one guest had shown but others had called saying they were on the way. 7:45 show got started.Not one person was willing to "wash their hands" and help. At least 7 people announced that they never cook and don't intend to start now.The host had purchased the ingredients for five items which he'd begged me to make: Slap Your Mama Margaritas, Jerk Chicken Nachos, Piña Colada Upside-Down Cake, Strawberry-Spinach Salad, Garlic Biscuit Bites. I told him it was a bad idea, that I wasn't interested in catering a party. He assured me that with 25 people, they'd be impressed with the food and that the sales would be terrific.At 8:15 somebody got up and announced that they were leaving for karaoke at a local bar. Others jumped up and said they had to go too.Food was served by 8:20 ... people actually asked for aluminum foil so they could packed up the food and leave. I handed out catalogs and explained that I'll hold the show open until 6 p.m. on Saturday so that the Host can get credit.ONE guest made a purchase. Everybody was gone by 8:35. I was pissed. The host apologized and just shook his head.I'll wait until noon on Saturday and then start calling everybody who had signed in. (Did I mention that I'm really pissed?)This is the first time I've ever had a show blow-up like that ... and this one did it with a gusto!As the tasteless saying almost goes "I expect to be kissed when I'm getting %*(@$'d!"Addendum: 11:02 PM, Thursday, July 15, 2010 - I am sure I've mentioned this before. I am insulin dependent diabetic. I NEVER eat food at one of the shows. All those carbs would send my blood sugar skyrocketing. The host, knowing I am diabetic offered me a Diet Coke which I accepted. It turns out in error he gave me a regular Coke. My blood sugar is way out of wack and I still haven't eaten anything since 4:30 this afternoon. I am more than a little pissed. I texted him and his response was: "I must have made a mistake. Sorry." Sheesh!

Last edited:
noooo. what a bunch of --well, it's best not to say....
Do you think they didn't like the host? I mean that's just plain rude to be 45 minutes late and leave after only 30! Sorta makes you nostalgic for some of the other weird shows.Actually, this is the kind of show I worry about. Glad to hear it hasn't happened before....just sit back, and think of all those great shows you've had--and then on Saturday the orders will roll in, once they are away from the peer pressure.Marghi

Thanks Marghi ... I don't know what people were expecting but it sure as hell wasn't a Pampered Chef party.

Whadya think he said--"lets get together at my house before we go to karaoke" (and come on, karaoke?! please. I'd rather do the dishes !)

:( Doesn't sound like much fun! Sorry!!!

BlueMoon said:
Whadya think he said--"lets get together at my house before we go to karaoke" (and come on, karaoke?! please. I'd rather do the dishes !)

Actually in some cities, karaoke and/or karaoke bars are EXTREMELY popular. Especially around the 7-9pm hours before you go out dancing at 9/10pm.

I have had a couple of these shows now, and I would LOVE to know what the 'polite' way to deal with them is. Two of mine have had people show up 30-60 minutes late (not a couple of people, everyone!!). One of those only had two people show up after the hour, thankfully, the other one had 8 or so.

Yes, this is with sending out appx. 40 invitations per show myself for the host!

I feel your pain! :grumpy:

So sorry to hear you had such a crummy experience at your show. On the bright side, you can now say you've had your worst show ever, and it can only get better from here. :D

At least, I sincerely hope you never have a show worse than that one! :eek:

Sit tight...I've always found that good things do come out of situations such as this! The trick is...trying to remember that!!!

NooraK said:
So sorry to hear you had such a crummy experience at your show. On the bright side, you can now say you've had your worst show ever, and it can only get better from here. :D

At least, I sincerely hope you never have a show worse than that one! :eek:

Noora, you hit the nail on the head. Yay! You're totally correct. I an relax now and everything else will be a piece of cake.

RMDave said:
Noora, you hit the nail on the head. Yay! You're totally correct. I an relax now and everything else will be a piece of cake.

And isn't it nice that you have a place like CS where you can come say all this, and we TOTALLY understand what you're saying, and aren't looking at you like you have three heads? Well, at least not because of the story you're telling...

NooraK said:
Well, at least not because of the story you're telling...

I proudly display all three of my heads for the world to see. :)

Sheesh! Had he handed something with nuts to someone who has a nut allergy, would he just shrug and say sorry if the guy went into anaphactic shock?

I have been thinking of you and this is why.

Try going 90 miles ONE WAY to a show, getting lost in a blizzard, arriving late, collecting $100 worth of orders, having your car break down BIG TIME the very next day ... then seeing them ALL get canceled because the host, a Lia Sophia lady, closed out her jewelry show despite the fact that a)all orders given to her were on hold and I told her so and b) I never had a chance to place my order!

Last year I didn't go to the fair where I met her ... this time I am going back but TRUST ME when I say I will never do business with her ever, ever again.

BlueMoon said:

Once again, I say we need a LIKE button on here!!!

Dave, my love, you got took. He was expecting a personal chef to cater for him and his friends, and his friends are a bunch of rubes. Bless & release, and write them all off!

I agree with Noora about this just being your worst show. The good thing is the # of shows you had before your worst. I almost quit after my worst show because it was 1 of my first 4 shows and I kept thinking "I can't do this!" Just think of your best show now so your blood pressure can regulate. :)

Thanks angel

What is "My Worst Show Ever"?

"My Worst Show Ever" is a comedic cooking demonstration that showcases mistakes and mishaps that can happen during a Pampered Chef party. It is meant to be a lighthearted and relatable experience for both guests and consultants.

How long is the "My Worst Show Ever" presentation?

The presentation typically lasts about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the audience and any additional activities or games that may be included.

Can I still learn about Pampered Chef products during "My Worst Show Ever"?

Yes, while the focus of the presentation is on humor and entertainment, there will still be opportunities to learn about and purchase Pampered Chef products. Our consultants will be available to answer any questions and provide information about our products.

Is "My Worst Show Ever" appropriate for all ages?

Yes, "My Worst Show Ever" is family-friendly and appropriate for all ages. Our consultants are trained to adapt the presentation for different audiences, so everyone can have a good time.

Can I book "My Worst Show Ever" for a private event?

Yes, "My Worst Show Ever" can be booked for private events such as birthday parties, bridal showers, or corporate events. Please contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • abell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
abell
Replies