• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best and Worst Show Ever: How Did It End Up Being a Success?

on top of a cake stand... and the groom's cake was in the batter bowl. I got so much laughter and sympathy that day. I love making people laugh.Jenni had a great show and did well with sales. She was definitely nervous beforehand, but she pushed through and it paid off. Congratulations on your high sales and reaching $15k.
Jenni
Ok... since I have only been around a few months (5 if we are counting)I'm just now getting to the point where I don't know my hosts. Meaning they are not friends, family, or acquaintances. A total stranger called me after getting my number from a friend and booked the show I just returned from. Great first impression I'm sure!
I did my favorite theme Mexican- taco ring and mini marg pies....
Long story short my stone BUSTED in half in the oven... and my EAD just broke and would not work. How embarrassing! I'm not a cry baby by any means but for a second I thought I could. I took a deep breath and said whats the worst that could happen no one orders and no one books. I can live with that so I put a smile on my face and moved on. The host had far more people then she thought she would... which never happens as you know. She said about 10 which means 7 or 8 to me BUT 18 came.... I didn't have enough catalogs or order forms. or door prize slips. Ugh right???
So that was the bad... the GOOD is everyone was so nice and must have given me pity orders. Highest sales every $1105.30 with more orders coming in tomorrow. I got 2 bookings and I HIT $15,000 in career sales.
Still not sure how I feel about it... I know I need wine! LOL

Jenni, that is so awesome! Goes to show how your perseverence pulled you through. Congratulations on your high sales and reaching $15k. You will be able to replace your EAD and stone with the commission you will receive from the show anyway.

Take a long bubble bath!

That's great for you! Way to keep going.

Can I rub your head and get some of what you have? I had no shows in July and so far only one scheduled in August. I have 6 to book in September if I can just get $200 this month!

no one except your friends will give you a pity order...especially to the tune of $50 per person average. YOU ROCKED YOUR SHOW!!!

Great job!!!!

Jenni said:
Ok... since I have only been around a few months (5 if we are counting)I'm just now getting to the point where I don't know my hosts. Meaning they are not friends, family, or acquaintances. A total stranger called me after getting my number from a friend and booked the show I just returned from. Great first impression I'm sure!
I did my favorite theme Mexican- taco ring and mini marg pies....
Long story short my stone BUSTED in half in the oven... and my EAD just broke and would not work. How embarrassing! I'm not a cry baby by any means but for a second I thought I could. I took a deep breath and said whats the worst that could happen no one orders and no one books. I can live with that so I put a smile on my face and moved on. The host had far more people then she thought she would... which never happens as you know. She said about 10 which means 7 or 8 to me BUT 18 came.... I didn't have enough catalogs or order forms. or door prize slips. Ugh right???
So that was the bad... the GOOD is everyone was so nice and must have given me pity orders. Highest sales every $1105.30 with more orders coming in tomorrow. I got 2 bookings and I HIT $15,000 in career sales.
Still not sure how I feel about it... I know I need wine! LOL

Did people order stones or EADs? That's how you know you're *really* good! ;)

I think folks will order and book off of you regardless. I always have flubs and mess ups at almost all my shows and still get great feedback. I think at first I was so afraid of what the people would think about me and my professionalism, but then I decided that I would just be me and if they didn't like me, I didn't care. I did my best and if that wasn't good enough for them, than that was their problem. I've dropped eggs on the floor (didn't break), ran mushrooms out in the hostess oven, gotten ganache that wouldn't pipe into the decorator bottles and everyone watched me struggle LOL, I messed up with my ultimate mandoline and couldn't use it at all, I got ahead of myself and forgot to do introductions of the guests, I had guests just sit there and give me a blank stare and not laugh at me when I flubbed. I would rather them laugh with me than just give me a "my stuff don't stink" look. Hahaha. I brought a bride batter bowl cake to a party already made for a bridal party and watched as the icing fell off the sides in big clumps. Only 2 people ate that cake and 1 of them was me! Anyways, just know flubs will always come and go. Some shows will be better and some will be worse. :)

What a great show total and bookings too. WTG!!

I've had a similar thing happen to me when I first started and had great sales too. After this you're going to want to work some mishaps into your show. :)

leftymac said:
Did people order stones or EADs? That's how you know you're *really* good! ;)

I get how I still sold some stones with handles... people know how great our stones are. Gave me a great chance to talk about warranties ;)
I did sell one EAD, but I gotta say if I was a guest I would not have!
After a glass of wine I am able to laugh at it!

Each and everyone of us have had "not good" parties. But we all came through it. You can always say "This is party number XX and I am going to keep doing this until I get it right!!". I did a show one time and was making the taffy apple pizza, well I wasn't holding onto the apcs quite good enough when I put the peeler part back up and I flung a piece of apple peel into a guests hair. So embarrassing. I have dropped a scraper covered in chocolate icing on the white carpet!! NOT GOOD. I have forgotten the ingredients and had to go back home to get them and showed up AFTER all of the guests. I have written down the wrong time in my head and got there a 1/2 hour after the party was to start!!
But the great thing is you can always bounce back. That is the important part. Nothing has to be perfect. It just has to be fun!!!

Jenni said:
Long story short my stone BUSTED in half in the oven... and my EAD just broke and would not work. How embarrassing! I'm not a cry baby by any means but for a second I thought I could. I took a deep breath and said whats the worst that could happen no one orders and no one books. I can live with that so I put a smile on my face and moved on.

Woohoo Jenni! Things do occassionally go wrong, we sometimes have out-of-control guests, and some shows just don't pan out. The key is to do just what you did: deep breath, perspective, and move on.

Wowza on this show and making career sales in just five months!!!

Way to go! I agree with Leggy...you did great at your show, and it's SUPER that you have done so well with your sales in 5 months that you have hit your $15,000! Just think...with your September sales, you get your raise!!

Pampered NOT PERFECT----CONGRATS---report your items--and get a reference # to have HO replace--

Thanks guys.... came home and vented to hubby and all I got out him was they should really redesign that stone, sounds like a design flaw. I was like shut up! He didn't get it..

lol... sometimes they just can't get it when they're not in the same situation as you. But CONGRATS on a great show and making your career sales! :)

What is the "Best and Worst Show Ever..."?

The "Best and Worst Show Ever..." is a popular cooking show on the Pampered Chef network that features a variety of recipes and cooking techniques.

Who hosts the "Best and Worst Show Ever..."?

The "Best and Worst Show Ever..." is hosted by Pampered Chef consultant and chef, Sarah Smith.

How often does the "Best and Worst Show Ever..." air?

The "Best and Worst Show Ever..." airs every Thursday at 8pm EST on the Pampered Chef network.

Can I watch previous episodes of the "Best and Worst Show Ever..."?

Yes, you can watch previous episodes of the "Best and Worst Show Ever..." on the Pampered Chef website or on their YouTube channel.

What types of recipes are featured on the "Best and Worst Show Ever..."?

The "Best and Worst Show Ever..." features a variety of recipes, including appetizers, entrees, desserts, and more. The recipes are often simple and easy to recreate at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• abell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
abell
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • Chef Bobby