• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Ever Show up an Hour Early?

In summary, the speaker was embarrassed for showing up an hour earlier than expected to a party. The host politely invited her in, but she declined and said she would come back in an hour. She realized she needed to get a nicer gift and learned her lesson to double check her calendar. The conversation turned into sharing funny stories about arriving early or late to shows.
gailz2
Gold Member
Oh my, I'm so embarrassed. I usually tell hosts I'll be there 30-45 minutes before the shows starts--however, today I showed up an hour earlier than that. Ooops. I cannot believe I didn't look at my calendar, but had no doubt the party was to begin at 1. They politely invited me in (dogs still running around, kids not ready yet, etc., etc.), but I declined--I only live about 10 minutes away, saying I'll return in an hour. Geesh. Now I'll have to retrieve a nicer gift to give her. I've learned my lesson--and I really do usally double check, I'm just still doing a lot of parties that were desired before Christmas.

I ALWAYS go an hour before start time. It gives me time to set up a display and prep the recipe.

I think she means an hour earlier than 45 minutes. Which would be nearly 2 hours :D

Shelby is right--The show was to start (in reality) at 2, and I arrived at 12:15. Wish me luck at the real time! Leaving now....

Bwahaha! Haven't done it yet, but I have set times and don't deviate from that schedule. Hope you can laugh about it at your show and make jokes that you are a Pampered Chef, not a Perfect Chef. Or joke that you forgot to change your clocks .... how many weeks ago? ;)Hey, at least you were not an hour later than you told her you would be. :D

Sheila said:
Bwahaha! Haven't done it yet, but I have set times and don't deviate from that schedule. Hope you can laugh about it at your show and make jokes that you are a Pampered Chef, not a Perfect Chef. Or joke that you forgot to change your clocks .... how many weeks ago? ;)

Hey, at least you were not an hour later than you told her you would be.
:D

That's what I was thinking!

One time, when I got to the show, I came in, and all of the guests were sitting there waiting. :eek:

I got there at 6:15 for a show to start at 7:00 (my usual time - I never start theme earlier than that.)
She had done the invitations herself, instead of having me mail them, and she had told everyone to be there at 6pm. Never - not once - did that time change come up in coaching...and I tell my hosts verbally, by email, and on written on their host information what time the show starts, and what time I will arrive. I ALWAYS arrive at 6:15.

This one made me laugh!! Since it happened to me when I was a HOST.

I am pretty sure it was a PC party years ago (before I became a consultant).

The consultant showed up a whole hour before the time she said (about 1-3/4 hrs before the start of the show). I am in the shower and DH comes in and tells me that that consultant is here. I think to myself, "Wow - she is early, but OK". I tell DH to tell her I am in the shower, I'll be down, but she can go ahead and start getting set up.

So, I get dressed and go downstairs. At this point she does not know she is super early and I don't realize that she didn't intend to get here so early. (I am thinking she needs tons of time to get ready.) It goes past the time that she thinks the party starts and seems to be getting anxious. Finally she says something and I tell her, no, the party doesn't start for another hour.

She felt so bad showing up extra early. Then I thought about it and asked her "didn't you think it was weird that I was in the shower when you came?"

She said the thought did go through her mind. You know, how hosts aren't even close to being ready when the consultant gets there? Here, she thought I was one of THOSE hosts!

We ended up having a good laugh and just enjoyed some down time before the guests arrived. I was making some dips so she helped me get that stuff ready. So, it worked out fine. :)

Haha!!! My best friend had a show for me at the beginning of November. I usually start shows at 6:30. That was on the email invite, the way about 1/2 of the people got invited. The other half were invited by the post cards she handed out that said 6:00!!!!!! That was a doozey to try to entertain and respect the time of the people who were on time at 6 and then wait for the ones who were also on time at 6:30. Let's just say it was really laid back!!!!

I always feel like 30-45 minutes (or even an hour) is never enough time for me to get ready/set up, and be done by the time guests start arriving. You always hear in training sessions about "greeting the guests", etc. Uh...yeah.! HOW?! Especially when they themselves are arriving 15 before show time, so my prep time is now down to 15-30 minutes? And even if you DO get ready in time- you are rushing around and all hot/sweaty by the time it is to start! I hate that!! I wish I COULD have 2 hours to set up and enjoy the process with the host...but unless it is my best friend, I know that wouldn't be kosher. Haven't found that ideal formula yet for myself.

You all go way earlier than me. I tell the host I'll be there 15-30 min's before time to start. It takes me all of about 5 min's to pull it out of the roll cart and lay it on the table, then I'm standing around waiting for show time. LOLI aim for 30 min's before, but if I'm running late, they don't know! LOLIf they are signing, I go a bit earlier to talk about the flow and how THEY will run the show.

Sheila said:
You all go way earlier than me. I tell the host I'll be there 15-30 min's before time to start. It takes me all of about 5 min's to pull it out of the roll cart and lay it on the table, then I'm standing around waiting for show time. LOL

I aim for 30 min's before, but if I'm running late, they don't know! LOL

If they are signing, I go a bit earlier to talk about the flow and how THEY will run the show.

How on earth do you do that?! What about the food? It would take me 5-10 minutes to set up product, but for recipes (demo or not)...that's another 15 minutes it seems.

Are you bringing your own table? Maybe it's trying to figure out the host's environment and getting things arranged.

I have gone 2 hours early before as well!! It was so embarrasing because I didn't realize it until I had already unloaded and was waiting around and the host wasn't ready or anything. Uggghhhhh!!
I usually get there about 30 min ahead and that's plenty of time to set up and prep for the demo. I am usually standing around at least 10 min waiting for the first guests to arrive. It gives me time to chat with the host as well.

Yes, I have. My Host was so sweet -- she didn't say anything. I ran around getting my stuff all ready and then happened to look at my watch or a clock. Boy was I embarrassed. I apologized profusely. Hung out with she and her children till the guests started to arrive. For a few weeks (maybe a month) I seemed to be having a difficult time calculating my travel/leave the house times. Some sort of weird mental block. :eek:

esavvymom said:
How on earth do you do that?! What about the food? It would take me 5-10 minutes to set up product, but for recipes (demo or not)...that's another 15 minutes it seems.

Are you bringing your own table? Maybe it's trying to figure out the host's environment and getting things arranged.

Bobbi, I use their kitchen counter or table and do the fully interactive shows. Even if we are doing 2 or 3 recipes, the tools are grouped by recipe in my bag. For some reason, military crowds like to be late. So we don't get out the ingredients until everyone is ready to start, then the guests are happy to help themselves to the fridge to get everything they need for their respective recipe. :)

Sheila said:
For some reason, military crowds like to be late.

This is SO right! With EVERYthing!! Our spouses group meeting, if it starts at 6, people start showing up at six (or worse, are just leaving their homes!) I'm known for being way early to things (15 minutes) and it's SO awkward being the only person there with the "host" of the event for a whole 20 minutes, especially if I don't know her well! (referring to non-pc parties)

1. What is "Did You Ever Show up an Hour Early?"

"Did You Ever Show up an Hour Early?" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features over 100 recipes and tips for making meals ahead of time.

2. Why would I want to show up an hour early for a meal?

Showing up an hour early for a meal allows for more time to prepare and cook, making the meal less stressful and more enjoyable for the cook.

3. Are the recipes in "Did You Ever Show up an Hour Early?" easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "Did You Ever Show up an Hour Early?" are designed to be simple and easy to follow, making meal prep and cooking a breeze.

4. Can I make these meals ahead of time and freeze them?

Yes, many of the recipes in "Did You Ever Show up an Hour Early?" are freezer-friendly, allowing for even more convenience and time-saving in meal preparation.

5. Is "Did You Ever Show up an Hour Early?" suitable for all dietary restrictions?

While "Did You Ever Show up an Hour Early?" does not cater specifically to any dietary restrictions, there are a variety of recipes that can be easily modified to fit certain dietary needs, such as vegetarian, gluten-free, or dairy-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Suzy Englert
Replies
Views
pckelly
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies