• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering the One-Hour Show: Tips and Tricks from a Seasoned Presenter

In summary, the Kitchen Guy tried something new last night at his show, and his whole demo was still about 1 hour and 20 minutes. He is really trying to get it down to exactly one hour. He knows how it is sitting there so long, when he signed and his recruiter did his show so he could get a kit credit, she talked for 2 hours and 15 minutes. He had 2 people leave, well they gave him their orders, but had to leave. He would love to see what other people do to keep theirs down to an hour..or less, if anyone is doing that.
pckelly
OK! SO I tried something new last night at my show, and My whole demo was still about 1 hour and 20 minutes. I am really trying to get it down to exactly one hour. I know how it is sitting there so long, when I signed and my recruiter did my show so I could get a kit credit, she talked for 2 hours and 15 minutes. I had 2 people leave, well they gave me their orders, but had to leave. I would love to see what other people do to keep theirs down to an hour..or less, if anyone is doing that. I am not even sure it goes in this section, but didn't know which one to put it in!!:D

Last edited:
I like the idea of this! :) I don't have a really good outline yet but I'll be watching this thread for ideas! :)

What is your show outline? I do one recipe and manage to talk about all collections, hosting and recruiting in about 30-45 minutes!!!

Well I begin by thanking the host and guests, introductions, I talk about the PC opportunity, then do my recipe and talk about products used for that, then I did the "take a walk through the catalog". Maybe I just talked about too many products in the catalog. I got the idea of walk through the catalog by someone on this post and thought I would try it. You think I should just do the recipe, and kist talk about the 4 collections instead of individual products?? Plus do you have all the ingredients pre-prepped? Do you actually cut or chop any of the ingredients during the demo??

I use my timer. Set it for 45 mins then i know i have 15 mins to rap up. I do pre pare my ingredients ahead, but leave enough to show during my demo. HTH.

I do the recipe and everything else in 45 minutes TOPS. I do not do a walk through the catalog. I think it would be too easy to get off base there. When I do introductions, I have everyone tell their favorite product, and we talk a bit about it then. Before I start the recipe, I do cookware, stoneware, SA and forged cutlery,and then do the recipe and door prize slips.

I am usually gone from my house 3 hours total !

The mind can absorb what the butt can endure. If you're talking more than an hour, your show outline is more likely to look like this:
chalk_outline.jpg

People who do a catalog walkthrough usually have a recipe prepared ahead of time,from what I've heard.I prep most of my ingredients ahead of time. If I need say, 1 cup of cheese, I'll shred 3/4 of it ahead of time so I only have to shred the last little bit infront of the guests. The only things I don't prepare ahead are things in cans (so I can show off the can opener) or things that I have tips about, or want to show tools to start them off - like peppers.

Last edited:
I don't do any type of guest introductions- they all seem to talk just fine between them all!

I do my guest intros throughout my demo. It will usually take me the entire demo to get around to everyone. I have them introduce themselves while I'm preping something - helps to fill the 'quiet' time. I have them say their name and their favorite PC product, I tell them that if someone before them says their fave then it's no longer their fave and they have to pick another one. I also play the Have It/Love It - Love It/Want It - Got a question game throughout my demo too. It gets people talking and they promote the products for me.

The Kitchen Guy....you are TOO funny!! That is great!! Unfortunately that is true!!! Thanks for everyone's tips!!

Related to Mastering the One-Hour Show: Tips and Tricks from a Seasoned Presenter

1. What is included in the "Anyone's Show Outline"?

The "Anyone's Show Outline" is a comprehensive guide that includes all the necessary information and resources for hosting a successful Pampered Chef party. It includes tips on planning, inviting guests, preparing for the show, and running the demonstrations.

2. Can I customize the show outline to fit my needs?

Yes, the "Anyone's Show Outline" is designed to be customizable. You can add your own personal touches, change the order of the demonstrations, and include any additional information you want to share with your guests.

3. How do I access the "Anyone's Show Outline"?

The "Anyone's Show Outline" can be accessed through your Pampered Chef consultant account. Simply log in and navigate to the "Resources" section, where you will find the show outline and other helpful tools for hosting a successful party.

4. Is the "Anyone's Show Outline" suitable for both in-person and virtual parties?

Yes, the show outline is versatile and can be used for both in-person and virtual parties. It includes tips and suggestions for hosting a successful virtual party, as well as traditional in-person parties.

5. Can I share the "Anyone's Show Outline" with my guests?

Yes, you are welcome to share the show outline with your guests before the party. It can help them prepare for the party and get excited about the products and demonstrations they will see. However, please do not share the outline with individuals who are not guests of your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • skaugchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
Replies