• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have a Show That Will Beat Everyones!

In summary, the host had 12 people confirmed for her show, but only 8 showed up. The host ordered a vegetable peeler, but one guest showed up and left, and another guest showed up 1/2 hour after the show time. The host was very frustrated with the show, and left with the vegetable peeler order.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
I had a show last Friday night, and the host was very excited, she had 8 people confirmed. When I got there, she told me that she had a total of 12 people who had confirmed Thursday and that morning.

Well, the start time comes and goes and one person is there and she needs to place an order and leave, because she has a meeting. She orders the vegetable peeler and leaves and another guest shows up. After the second guest shows up she (the host) heads downstairs and disappears for 1/2 hour. I was ready to get started, because we were already 1/2 hour after the show time. An hour and 15 minutes later two more guest show up and we start. By then, I was really frustrated.

Long story short, I left with the vegetable peeler order and that was it. :mad: Everyone else said they would place their order and give it to the host. We will see tonight, because I'm closing her show. I told here to check with everyone she invited to see what they wanted to order. I did however, get a solid recruit lead.

I think the worst part was, I had a recruit lead, my DH's niece and I drove 1 hour to get to the show. To top the evening off we got lost getting back to the freeway. :cry:

Oh well, every little bit helps with SAT month, right?

Sounds like you are a very gracious person. I think I would have left sooner.

My show on Saturday wasn't that bad, but we did start late. The food was cold, because I just keep fixing the recipes even if people aren't there. I had something else to do after the show, so I couldn't hang around long. Orders were $174 with 15 guests! It was 45 minutes away, and I took the wrong exit going home. I wasn't lost, but I drove at least an extra 10 minutes because I had to get turned around again. I was so frustrated with the show and the drive that I opened my cranberry crunch bark display and started eating it!
This host was/is a recruit lead, too. She wants to start after the holidays, but she kept joking how she doesn't have any friends and she never goes farther than the 3 mile radius around her house.
We'll see what happens.

If the chocolate I had out on my three tier hadn't been all the way in the back of my car, I would have probably broke that out and eaten it.

My DH's niece, kept telling me "It's okay Aunt Laurie, I had a good time." So while we were lost she bought McDonald's for us to eat on the way home, via the scenic route. :)

my best investment----A GPS---I left a party last night I don't even think i drove myself there and thank God for Maggie (magellen) she get me there and back safe-----
ps my party friday---they decided to start the party in the garage---while I was to entertain there guests---LOL i brought them up----crummy sales too---but i sold 2 family skillets---so she can at least call it a party---some just don't want to let themself have a good party----WHATEVER----so get the GPS and keep the CHOCOLATE in the front seat and keep smiling!!!

You have far more patience than I... Hopefully you've gotten some outside orders. And a solid recruit lead... congrats!

My show from Friday night doesn't compete, but sucked none-the-less! I coached her great. She told me last Monday she had 15 confirmed. Well I told her keep inviting because you know people will have last minute problems. Well we had 6 and 2 didn't order. My total was only 100 and change. The host wants to sign. I hope she does because I told all the guests that she needed help getting going and that I would give her all the bookings. Which three said yes.
I have another show closing at 700 in guest sales and the host wants to order a bunch of Christmas stocking stuffers. I REALLY hope my last show on the 29th can help me make 1500. I also have two catalog shows going on over thanksgiving but I wanted those for December. We'll see! I also have a Bazzar on the 30th and Dec 1 so maybe I'll have orders from that to make a catty out of.

MORFIA said:
so get the GPS and keep the CHOCOLATE in the front seat and keep smiling!!!

I will have to keep a stash next to the kids' movie's in my center console.

Maybe I will tell m DH that I want a GPS for x-mas, since I have no clue what I want and he keeps buggin' me about it. Thanks for the idea!

I had a show like that last month. It was pretty bad but still think yours was worse (sorry!). She too had aboout 10-12 confirmed. Only one showed up about 40 minutes after the start time. She placed an order for $49 though. the host ended up collecting outside orders and it closed at $298. Hopefully your host will do the same. Keep us posted!

MORFIA said:
my best investment----A GPS---I left a party last night I don't even think i drove myself there and thank God for Maggie (magellen) she get me there and back safe-----
ps my party friday---they decided to start the party in the garage---while I was to entertain there guests---LOL i brought them up----crummy sales too---but i sold 2 family skillets---so she can at least call it a party---

some just don't want to let themself have a good party----WHATEVER----

I bought DH a GPS for christmas last year. I use it just as much as he does! It's a Garmin. We refer to it as Martha (the Map). Funny...thought I'd be the only one who gave the GPS a name! It comes in WAAAAY handy for getting to shows! Highly recommend it!

Hijack complete! :p

I've been dreaming of a GPS, since I went on a trip to Iowa earlier this year (my friend brought hers with). That thing came in so handy! And earlier this month, I could have really used it when I went to my Senior Director's show. Google's directions were way off, I ended up lost, called my SD, and she had the hostess talk me there. If I had the GPS, I would have been there in no time!

I have tears in my eyes from the your stories!! Thanks. Sorry your show wasn't good. I had two bad ones in a row. Friday night and Sat morning. Now I am home with two sick kids and my husband is away until Wed night. So, I could use the laughter.

My goal for 6000 is no longer an option. I know I can make 3000, but I need to work hard!!

I had a HWC show in may this year with a good friend of mine and she had told me she had 14 confirmed guests for the show. When I got there, she informed me that she'd be leaving during the show to pick her hubby up from the airport. ?? Well no one showed and I started the demo, the host left and I cleaned up and locked up behind myself. I still can't get over the fact that as big as her family is, NO ONE showed up. I basically went to her home, made supper for her and her husband for when they returned from the airport. She ended up getting a good amount of outside orders and had a $500 show. I was shocked!!!

This just goes to show you that you never know what may come of a "No Show" show.....

Hope yours works out well.... Let us know when you close.

ragschef said:
I had a HWC show in may this year with a good friend of mine and she had told me she had 14 confirmed guests for the show. When I got there, she informed me that she'd be leaving during the show to pick her hubby up from the airport. ?? Well no one showed and I started the demo, the host left and I cleaned up and locked up behind myself. I still can't get over the fact that as big as her family is, NO ONE showed up. I basically went to her home, made supper for her and her husband for when they returned from the airport. She ended up getting a good amount of outside orders and had a $500 show. I was shocked!!!

This just goes to show you that you never know what may come of a "No Show" show.....

Sounds like she used you as her personal chef that night. So you did the demo for no one? Or did you just use her ingredients to make the food?

That's crazy either way! I'm glad you got a $500 show out of it!

ragschef said:

Wow, I guess you are a good friend. Not sure what that makes her, though. I would probably not have done that. I would have left when she did. Why would I want to dirty and wash all my dishes? Good thing you still received $500 in sales.

She bought all the groceries. And because she's done a show with me so many times, she had most of the things I needed, so I left her dirty dishes in the sink. ( I guess I"m not the greatest friend, huh?) I just brought what I needed to show/use that she didn't have. It was only one crateful, and i usually take 2 crates to a normal show.

The good thing was I did the Aloha pizza and took a couple pieces home for myself since no one else was there to eat it. :eek: :angel:

I really like the Aloha pizza. I should make it again. I have lots of BBQ sauce, pineapple and chicken right now.

MORFIA said:
ps my party friday---they decided to start the party in the garage---while I was to entertain there guests---LOL i brought them up----crummy sales too---but i sold 2 family skillets---so she can at least call it a party---

some just don't want to let themself have a good party----WHATEVER----

My mom got me a GPS as a gift a few months ago - and, btw, we call her Maggie, too - LOL I love her - she gets me wherever I need to go - GREAT investment for anyone in this biz!

ZZDo you have topay a monthly fee for using a GPS or how does that work? I know nothing about them ... obviously

Good question, Diane. I wonder the same thing.

bumping 'cause I'm still wondering ... :)

Well, I tried to call the host last night to close her show and she wasn't home and never called me back. I'm not really suprised. I will try again tonight. If I leave another message, I will let her know that the person who did place an order, I will add it to my show on Thursday.

GPS...they are great and a write-off! I use mine all of the time, including driving to conference. Who knew downtown Chicago would be no biggy? GPS is wonderful! No monthly fee. It's just mapquest on the go using satellites for your location. You type in the address BEFORE you start driving and when you want to go home, you hit go HOME. You can also look up restaurants and stores, which is nice when you are out of time. I am so glad we got one. They are different sizes and such. Some even have MP3 player capabilities. I think ours does, but I really just love it for getting me places. Mapquest is great, but if I make a wrong turn or there is construction, GPS changes your route.Laurie, I hope that you get ahold of your "host". It frustrates me when people are disrespectful of our time. I really stress to hosts that this is my job. I'm just lucky that I love it. I think some think that it's JUST for fun. It IS fun when it goes well and people are fun. I was lucky enough to have one of those last night.

While I could be wrong, I don't believe there is a monthly charge to use it.

Ok ya'll I think I have you beat! lol...Luckily I can laugh about it now...well kinda...

I had this gal from out of town book a show from a good friend of mine (they were acquaintances). So I packed up the kids and husband and drove 4 hrs to stay the night with this friend of our's because I would have to drive another hour the next day to this show. All was fine they would visit and I would go do my show. Easy right? ha ha ha The night before we packed up I called to confirm and go over everything...the host reassured me she would DEFINITELY have atleast 15 people there. I said great I will see ya Saturday! So Friday we make the 4 hr drive while I am being reminded the entire way by my hubby that gas is on the rise and he continues to ask me if I think this show will be worth the money we are spending to get there...(love that lecture..URG) So we get to our friends house Friday night and the next morning I am getting ready to head out to my show when my cell rings and it's my host telling me she is going to have to cancel because everyone had called her and supposedly canceled on her that morning!! Ok, so I was calm (only because I was speechless at the time) and trying to be professional about it and she has the nerve to tell me she wanted to re-schedule!! ha ha ha... Yeah, I drove over 4hrs having to listen to my hubby's lecture and screaming munchkins only to want to do it again for nothing! I was shocked and realized how inconsiderate people can really be. WOW! Needless to say our friends felt so bad this gal flaked they took us to dinner and were able to have a great visit that night. The shocking part is my husband never gave me a lecture or said a word about gas again!! I'm not sure if he knew better or just felt so bad for me at the time and did'nt want to make it worse. lol and NO I did not do another show for her! :)

Oh my goodness! Glad your husband was so gracious, and it sounds like you were too. I know these kinds of things can't always be avoided, but I'm sure hoping it doesn't happen to me....EVER! I don't think I'd be quiet. I tend to blurt out whatever is on my mind. I highly doubt I'd ever drive 4 hours to do a show for someone I don't know, but even if I had to drive an hour, I'd be upset. As I mentioned in my previous post, it's upsetting to go 45 minutes and have a show with 15 people and only $200 in sales. I'm pretty selfish with my time.

CAROLYN----
We have twins???

Maggie???

you coming to Ohio---?

I have a TOM TOM 700 GPS I got it a few years ago, boy has the rtice dropped. I love it ,

MORFIA said:
CAROLYN----
We have twins???

Maggie???

you coming to Ohio---?

LOL - no, I won't be making it to Ohio this year. This is such a rough time of year for me - I have yet to make it to a Leadership Summit :(

quiverfull7 said:
ZZDo you have topay a monthly fee for using a GPS or how does that work? I know nothing about them ... obviously

The GPS works from a satellite in space - You just purchase it and use it!
There is no fee.... I highly advise every consultant to purchse one! It will pay for itself on your first show! you''l see just not gettting lost pulling out of their driveway will be worth it! plus it's a tax write off - who doesn't love those!
Good luck ladies!
Mary Beth

What is "I Have a Show That Will Beat Everyones!"?

"I Have a Show That Will Beat Everyones!" is an exclusive program offered by Pampered Chef to help hosts achieve the best results for their party or show. It is designed to help hosts increase their guest attendance and sales, making their show stand out from others.

How does "I Have a Show That Will Beat Everyones!" work?

This program provides hosts with a personalized consultation and guidance from a Pampered Chef consultant. The consultant will work with the host to create a customized plan that includes tips and tricks to increase attendance and sales, as well as provide support and resources throughout the planning process.

Is there an additional cost for "I Have a Show That Will Beat Everyones!"?

No, this program is completely free for hosts who book a Pampered Chef party or show. It is just one of the many benefits of hosting a show with Pampered Chef.

What are the benefits of "I Have a Show That Will Beat Everyones!"?

The main benefit of this program is that it helps hosts to have a successful and well-attended show, which can lead to higher sales and rewards. It also provides hosts with personalized support and resources to make the planning process easier and more enjoyable.

How can I sign up for "I Have a Show That Will Beat Everyones!"?

If you are interested in participating in this program, simply mention it to your Pampered Chef consultant when booking your party or show. They will be happy to assist you and get you started on your path to a successful event!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tys1031
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cookingwithdawn
  • Yakmama
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Yakmama
Replies