• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Show Is Less Then 3 Hours Away!

In summary, the person's first show is happening in less than 3 hours and they are feeling surprisingly calm. They have prepared everything they need and are excited for the show, but a little nervous as well. They ask for any last minute advice and receive encouragement and a checklist from others. After the show, they report having a great time and receiving 5 orders totaling almost $300, along with 2 bookings. They hope for more orders and receive compliments on their composure during the show. They are happy with their first show and are looking forward to more success in their new PC business.
DMB75
My first show is this afternoon. In less then 3 hours. I actually slept pretty good last night, which I'm very surprised at. I think I have everything I need. I've gone over the recipe and then games I'm going to play. I've read up all the items I'm going to talk about and I've praticed what I'm going to say over and over again. It should be a lot of fun! Now I just hope we have people show up.

Wish me luck! I'll fill everyone in when I return from the show.
Any last minute things I should know? Anyone have a checklist of things they bring to shows?

Thanks,
Donna

Good Luck-you will do fine. However, it is a little early here for a show.
LOL! It is only 7 am!

just remember to have fun, you will do great! Let us know how it goes!

RELAX - have fun - ENJOY - go with the flow and it will be fine!

My list for you:
Check you kit - make sure you have all you need for prep...
Guest packets (catalogs, order forms)
Prize basket and drawing slips
Host packets for any shows coming up right away
Calculator
Change/Money for those paying you cash
A smile and sense of humor!

Good luck!

Relax! I always forget something/ mess something up and PC hasn't fired me yet! I have never been kicked out of a host's house either!

The worst thing that can go wrong is low sales, and then you are still better off than when you started!! Good luck!

Well I just got back from my first show. I had a great time! The recipe and the games went really well. There was 14 guest, only thing is.... only 5 people turned in order forms. Most of the others said they had to talk to their husband or to a friend. My host told everyone that the show was going to remain open for awhile so they could turn them in later. Right now with 5 orders I have it's almost $300. (does not include shipping). The host told me she would get several other order and give them to me later. I really hope to have more orders because $300 isn't very good for a first show.

But I did have a good time and I did get two bookings from it. One lady that book said she might turn it in to a fundraiser. I just need to get her the info for it.

Just remember that Nancy Jo's first show was only $197! Now she makes something around $40,000 a month. Just stay focused, consistent and have fun!

DMB75 said:
Well I just got back from my first show. I had a great time! The recipe and the games went really well. There was 14 guest, only thing is.... only 5 people turned in order forms. Most of the others said they had to talk to their husband or to a friend. My host told everyone that the show was going to remain open for awhile so they could turn them in later. Right now with 5 orders I have it's almost $300. (does not include shipping). The host told me she would get several other order and give them to me later. I really hope to have more orders because $300 isn't very good for a first show.

But I did have a good time and I did get two bookings from it. One lady that book said she might turn it in to a fundraiser. I just need to get her the info for it.

I think $300 is great for a first show! And I'm sure that there wll be many other orders coming - just encourage your host to follow up with those who said they would turn one in later! And 2 Bookings - thats awesome! Its a cumulative thing! If you have a $700 show, but no bookings, your business flounders....but a 300+ show with 2 bookings? That means you have BUSINESS! :D

My first show started out the same way... 5 orders at the show at the 300$ level. We closed the show one week later over the 600$ mark!!!! Best of luck to you!

Great job! Welcome and good luck to your new PC biz!

I'm hoping for a lot more orders on this show.

But at least I had a great time doing it!

When I was helping people fill out there order forms one lady said "Are you sure this is your first show? You didn't look nervous at all." I might not have shown it, but I was really nervous. There was so much I wanted to say and I forgot a lot of it.

DMB75 said:

When I was helping people fill out there order forms one lady said "Are you sure this is your first show? You didn't look nervous at all." I might not have shown it, but I was really nervous. There was so much I wanted to say and I forgot a lot of it.

I STILL forget alot of it! ;) But I've learned that THEY don't know what I've forgotten!:D

I swear It gets easier with time but it sounds like you did great!

The funny thing is, when I ask who has been to a PC show before everyone raised their hands and started laughing. This is a small US community with only about 150 US military. One lady said, we are glad we finally have a PC consultant here. I'm the only one in the area, so I'm hoping to do really good.

OH the Ultimate Mandoline didn't work for me at the show. I did it a few times at home and it worked fine. As soon as I tried to cut the tomatoes and the cucumbers it wouldn't work. I was a bit embarassed, but I got over it and moved on.

DMB75 said:
The funny thing is, when I ask who has been to a PC show before everyone raised their hands and started laughing. This is a small US community with only about 150 US military. One lady said, we are glad we finally have a PC consultant here. I'm the only one in the area, so I'm hoping to do really good.

OH the Ultimate Mandoline didn't work for me at the show. I did it a few times at home and it worked fine. As soon as I tried to cut the tomatoes and the cucumbers it wouldn't work. I was a bit embarassed, but I got over it and moved on.

I've had this happen twice at shows....and then I realized that I did not have the blade "clicked" all the way into position - when I looked at it, it looked fine, but it actually needed one final click to be completely in place! Since I discovered that, I haven't had it happen again!

ChefBeckyD said:
I've had this happen twice at shows....and then I realized that I did not have the blade "clicked" all the way into position - when I looked at it, it looked fine, but it actually needed one final click to be completely in place! Since I discovered that, I haven't had it happen again!

I'm sure that much have been it. I'll have to take a look at it and then e-mail everyone and let them know. Prior to doing it one lady said, I've had my eye on that. But she didn't order it. I think she didn't order it because I had a problem with it. Thanks for the info.

Good luck!You will do great Donna! You seem really well prepared. I have my 1st show next week here at my house. I am gonna hope that I am as ready as you are! Let us know how it goes!

sparkles17 said:
You will do great Donna! You seem really well prepared. I have my 1st show next week here at my house. I am gonna hope that I am as ready as you are! Let us know how it goes!

Good Luck with your first show!

DMB75 said:

See - you had fun and it showed! :D

I think $300 is great for your first show, and like someone else said you got bookings, and that's so important!
Glad you had fun!

Congrats! Sounds like a great start.

1. What should I wear to my first Pampered Chef show?

For your first Pampered Chef show, we recommend wearing comfortable and professional attire. You will be doing a lot of moving around and demonstrating products, so make sure your outfit allows for easy movement. It's also a good idea to wear something that represents the Pampered Chef brand, such as a branded apron or shirt.

2. How do I prepare for my first show?

To prepare for your first Pampered Chef show, make sure you have all the necessary products and materials with you. This includes your kit, order forms, catalogs, and any other materials you may need for demonstrations. It's also a good idea to practice your demonstrations beforehand so you feel confident and prepared.

3. What should I bring with me to my first show?

In addition to your products and materials, we recommend bringing some basic kitchen supplies such as cutting boards, knives, and mixing bowls. This will allow you to demonstrate products more effectively and give your guests a hands-on experience. You may also want to bring some snacks or refreshments for your guests.

4. How do I handle difficult guests at my first show?

Dealing with difficult guests can be challenging, but it's important to stay calm and professional. If a guest is being disruptive, politely ask them to refrain from doing so or redirect their attention to the demonstration. If a guest is voicing negative opinions, try to address their concerns and offer a solution. Remember to always maintain a positive attitude and focus on providing a great experience for your guests.

5. What tips do you have for a successful first show?

To have a successful first show, make sure you are well-prepared and have a positive attitude. Engage with your guests and make them feel welcome and valued. Offer demonstrations and let your guests try out products. Encourage them to ask questions and provide them with helpful information. Lastly, don't forget to follow up with your guests after the show to thank them for attending and offer any additional assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • gussey30
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies