• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

3 of My 4 January Show Cancelled... Now What?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the disappointment of having multiple January shows cancelled for legitimate reasons, leaving the individuals without bookings for the following month. They seek advice on how to secure more bookings and are reminded to take advantage of the current guest special and discounts to incentivize their potential hosts. They also discuss the possibility of rescheduling shows due to inclement weather and are reminded to hold onto shows until closer to the date before allowing cancellations.
gussey30
I just started in November and was pumped to have 4 january shows scheduled before xmas... now 3 of them have cancelled.. all for legitimate reasons of course.. in hospital, mom having surgery, and separating from husband and moving. One of them did reschedule for Febrauary.. and that's all I have scheduled for that. I was counting on getting bookings from my January shows.
Feeling discouraged because I really wanted to do 2 shows for double points in Feb. Since I'm new, I've already called and emailed every person I can possibly think of 2 or 3 times since beg of Dec. I have several people who want to do it... some time later when things are less crazy/busy.

Any advice for the newbie? I'm wracking my brain on who and how I can find someone else to have a show in January.

I'm in the same boat. I had 3 scheduled of Jan and two have cancelled. Also for legit reasons. One is rescheduled for Feb and the other is reschedule for an unknown time (the reason she cancelled is the reason I told her we'd talk and figure it out later)
I was also counting on my Jan shows to book me up for Feb, especially since one of the shows was a completely new lead and I knew we would have 0 friends in common!

Same problem :( Sorry I can't be of help!

It must be in the air! I had an awesome January scheduled and it will just be an okay for me month.

To get that second show in get on the phone and dial for dollars. Maybe offer a 10 or even 20% discout if people order and remind them about the guest special with a $60 order. Three $60 orders = $180 and that's more than you need for a show!

...and while you're on the phone ask for the bookings!

Start with chat; then tell them how much you love what you do and do they know anyone who might want to do this; then ask for the booking and even if they book tell them about the January special and your discount - they just might order now AND do a Febuary show!

BethCooks4U said:
It must be in the air! I had an awesome January scheduled and it will just be an okay for me month.

To get that second show in get on the phone and dial for dollars. Maybe offer a 10 or even 20% discout if people order and remind them about the guest special with a $60 order. Three $60 orders = $180 and that's more than you need for a show!

...and while you're on the phone ask for the bookings!

Start with chat; then tell them how much you love what you do and do they know anyone who might want to do this; then ask for the booking and even if they book tell them about the January special and your discount - they just might order now AND do a Febuary show!

Same here - 9 shows, 5 will hold, and probably only 4 will close.

But Beth gave you good advice for how to get that 2nd show in! Fortunately, there is still plenty of month left!

Beth, thanks for the great advice ... will definitely put that to work. Even though this will be the FIRST show for me and not the second ... I was all set to push for my own show to be the second, then the first canceled on me. So I got discouraged because I knew that would mean I'd kiss the sling bag goodbye. But I do have to have something in February so I'll hit the phone tomorrow and probably Monday as well!

Intrepid_Chef said:
Beth, thanks for the great advice ... will definitely put that to work. Even though this will be the FIRST show for me and not the second ... I was all set to push for my own show to be the second, then the first canceled on me. So I got discouraged because I knew that would mean I'd kiss the sling bag goodbye. But I do have to have something in February so I'll hit the phone tomorrow and probably Monday as well!

And since it's your own show get it to $150 and then keep going for another $150 show.

I JUST got off a conference call with Amy Neal about Snow affecting out sales. Im posting my notes for everyone:If the weather is bad most of them will try to cancel before the storm even happens. As we all know weather forcasts are very off! So hold onto the show until the middle of the day. DO NOT let them cancel ahead of that. We had a storm last friday in NY that was bad but by noon it was clear. Imagine if you let that Friday night show cancelled ahead of time?Having a call in show: if your host must cancel. Send host an email to have host fwd to have guest call in orders to you or go to online and place an order. To add to the fun if you place an order you will be entered into a raffle to win a gift.Have a conference call show: if they are excited but still must cancel, provide free conference call # to your host (use freeconferencecall.com) email out the call info. everyone calls in at the same time and we will do the show over the interenet. Everyone sit in front of their computer and clicks through the catalog and you do the show this way. Tell host the sales will be higher and booking benefits are better.Walk on over show: Ask the host do you have enough friends in the area with in a mile. About 5 people, so they don’t have to drive far or can walk over. The small attendance is okay because she is going to collect orders after the show.If the weather is looking bad a few days before do a Last min reschedule: call your host asap and offer a back up date just in case you do need to cancel and none of the above options will work for her. Tell her that i have a calling system that will allow me to call all your guest with the reschedule information. Use the Phonevite system in CCBlizzard booking blitz: If you end up canceled and snowed in (or sick) To generate sales AND bookings do a selling/booking blitz. Let customers know if you spend $60 you get this or something you are willing to offer. Do a blitz on bar pans, 20% free shipping, whatever it may be. Skype show: We joked about a skype show where everyone would log onto skype and you would do the show over the internet. Im trying to book one now as crazy as it sounds :)Hope these notes help!

That happened to me as well but what I ended up doing was a mystery host show. So what I found was that people may not want to host, but they will go to a show especially when you are raffling off all of the host benefits. I had great sales and with the extra money with January, I actually raffled off two host spots! Give tickets to those who RSVP, show up on time, book shows, etc. And its done at your house!

Happened to me too. Dumb weather!!

I'm in the exact same boat too...I started in late October and i've only done 7 shows so far. I had 2 shows and 2 catalog shows cancel on me for January and ended up with no sales for January. My recruiter and director and in a different state and are offering no help to me what so ever!!! I'm very discouraged and need some ideas to get some bookings for February so that I don't get another penalty from Pampered chef for not having any sales. Any ideas?

penny,
are you going to spring launch on saturday?
I would call HO or your director to see if you can find a hospitality team near you. I would suggest you come to mine, but I think the thumb may be a little far for you to drive:)

As for bookings, mom 2 mom sales are coming pretty regularly now, I would start calling around to see if they have vendor space available ang get signed up. They don't really bring in too many on the spot sales, at least in my experience, but you can get good leads/shows from them. Mom2MomList -  Resale Lists & More! .

Also, try stepping out of your comfort zone and asking Dr's/RNs that you have appts for, and try getting on the phone with people you were originally putting off calling. I am trying to do this now too, my chiro asked for a catalog to get her hubby a b-day present :)

Good Luck!

I was on the exact opposite side of this yesterday. Hostess didn't want to cancel. It was about a 30 min drive for me. We had been below 20 for 3 days and it was supposed to start snowing during the show. I was looking for a way to cancel when we realized that we had broken pipes. DH hadn't worked in 2 days b/c of the weather, and he looked at me and told me I better go do the show.
She had 8 guests and the show was just under $400 when I left her house and I got 3 bookings. I have no doubt that she will get to $650, so in the end it was well worth it.
I now have 10 bookings for Feb and 4 already in March. Now to make sure none of those cancel on me.

Oh, and 2 of my Jan shows that cancelled are turning into Feb catalog shows!!!!!! WAHOOO for double trip points.

What happens if my January show is cancelled?

If your January show is cancelled, you have a few options. You can reschedule your show for a different date, host a virtual party instead, or simply cancel the show altogether. Our team can help you decide which option is best for you.

Can I still earn host rewards if my show is cancelled?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards even if your January show is cancelled. We can transfer your party to an online party and your guests can still place orders. You will still receive host rewards based on the total sales from your party.

What if I already sent out invitations for my cancelled show?

If you have already sent out invitations for your cancelled show, you can simply send out a follow-up message informing your guests about the cancellation and the new plans for your party. You can also offer them the option to shop online or reschedule for a different date.

Will my consultant still receive credit for my cancelled show?

Yes, your consultant will still receive credit for your cancelled show as long as your guests place orders through the party link. This will also count towards their monthly sales and they will still be eligible for any promotions or incentives.

What if I have already purchased products for my cancelled show?

If you have already purchased products for your cancelled show, you can either keep them for yourself or return them for a refund. Our team can assist you with the return process and answer any further questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • aried