• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baby Power Shower--Freezer Meal Party

In a crock pot, combine pork chops, Pampered Chef Southwest seasoning, Pampered Chef smoky BBQ rub, and lime juice and zest. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until pork chops are cooked through. Remove from crock pot and let cool before freezing in 3-4 servings sized freezer bags.
Stephaniecafe
I recently had some fun with a baby shower using the power cooking recipes! The guests are in contact with me a lot more than a regular show so it has been good for customer contacts and booking. Here is how it works. The guests bring ingredients for one of the power cooking recipes including the meat. They talk with me before the show... see how this starts a relationship? I bring the tools and also ziplock freezer bags. This is great for the interactive format because guests are constantly using the tools! One gets to do meat for about thirty minutes... this gives her time to cook 3 batches of the meat 9lbs. As each batch is cooked and cooled, the rest of the guests are prepping ingredients and making them into meals. I am there cheering them on!! I am a chef, really, like culinary school, and everything. I have to say that freezer meals are so HOT! This is a trend to jump on because so many people need the convenience. The good part of this baby shower is that the guests still buy tools and book shows. The mom to be gets 9or 10 meals... if it is just a small family(mom, dad, small child) I have found that this can easily be 18-20, meals! I have been doing freezer meals for 6yrs for my family and just recently with the PC. What a great way to help meet the needs of clients. I also have found that because the guests connected to me so much more, I have a lot more contact FROM them after the show! It has been a refreshing experience!

Thanks for sharing. I have a regular host who is due in a few weeks, and she has scheduled a show for 4/22. We haven't discussed food yet, but I was thinking about doing the power cooking show for her, or at least offering it. I thought that would be a great idea for new mommies who don't have the time, or energy, to cook every day.

Tammy

I love the idea also. The baby bug has seemed to bit every lady I know so I will be suggesting this to all of them.

PC power cooking recipe summaryView attachment pc_recipe_summary.pdfThis is for the gal who just sent me a private message wanting the recipes we use for this. Hope it helps everyone.

Thank you for all your help. I greatly appreciate it.
Brandy:chef:

Gillian from Alaska used to do these quite a bit - she called them "Stork The Freezer" Parties - so if you are looking for more tips and recipes, I think you can search the files and threads for that too!

My due date is the 25th and I am finishing stocking my freezer tomorrow night with my chicken marinade recipes. I'll have about 42 meals in the freezer (all kinds of stuff!)... so about 8 weeks that I won't have to do anything but pull a bag out to thaw and heat up!! I am SOOO excited - any new mom would love to have some meals ready to go - great idea for a shower show!

ChefBeckyD said:
Gillian from Alaska used to do these quite a bit - she called them "Stork The Freezer" Parties - so if you are looking for more tips and recipes, I think you can search the files and threads for that too!

I absolutely LOVE this! I am hosting a baby shower for my sister on the 16th and will use this idea...anyone more computer literate than I ? I am not fingding any further ideas on this here in the threads.

Sandra

ok I did find the three files that were print out invites and fliers, but nay new tips on meals..in addition to the beef power meals?

My cousin is due in January... This will be a great thing to do for her!

More Power Cooking Recipes from Chef Stephanie:

Slow Cooked Spanish Pork (for Enchiladas, tacos, or Rice Topper)

6 lb Pork shoulder roast, boneless and trimmed of fat

2 T Pampered Chef Ò Southwest Seasoning

2 T Pampered ChefÒ Smoky BBQ rub

¼ cup lime juice and zest

1 T ground cumin

6 oz can tomato paste

½ cup orange juice concentrate

Cut roast into 1 inch cubes (or buy carnitas already cut). Place meat and remaining ingredients in a crock pot on high for 3-4 hours. Yield 12 servings (3 1quart freezer bags yielding 4 servings each). Be sure to cool and label clearly before freezing.

Pork Chops Power Cooking Style
3 lbs Pork Chops (about 12 chops)

oPampered ChefÒ garlic peppercorn rub

Place Pork chops on a large sheet pan and season generously with all purpose seasoning. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove from Sheet pan and divide between three plates. Apply the sauces of your choice (following recipes) Bag in Gallon size freezer bags , remove air, label and freeze flat.

Raspberry sauce--¼ cup vinegar, ¼ cup seedless raspberry jam, 1T Dijon mustard. Mix until smooth.

Mustard Glaze--½ cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup Dijon mustard, 2T molasses, Mix until smooth.

Vietnamese--¼ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup lime juice, 2T fresh pressed garlic, 1tsp sesame oil.

All Purpose Meatballs
1 lb lean ground beef or turkey sausage

2 cups rolled oats

½ cup flour

½ cup dry onion flakes

2 eggs

1 T each, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic

1 tsp liquid smoke

Combine ingredients and form into 60 one inch balls using small scoop. Place on foil lined baking sheet and bake 350 degrees 20 minutes. Yield 4 meals, 15 meatballs each frozen in 1 Quart freezer bags.

To each bag at time of service add one of the following:

2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce-- place in microwave safe bowl and heat 5-7 minutes

1 cup sweet and sour sauce, ½ cup pineapple cubes, ½ cup bell pepper and onion--

heat 5-7 minutes in microwave safe dish-- serve over hot rice.

2 cups prepared white sauce-- 5-7 minutes in microwave safe dish. Serve over hot buttered egg noodles.

1 cup prepared BBQ sauce-- 5-7 minutes in microwave safe dish. Serve in fluffy hoagie buns.

Chicken Legs and Thighs Power Cooking Style

4-5 lbs leg and thigh meat (about 12 thighs)

2 T Chef TessÔ all purpose seasoning blend

Place legs and thighs on a large cookie sheet and season generously with seasoning blend. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes (until juices run clear when pricked with a fork or temperature reads 170 degrees when inserted with a meat thermometer). Divide meat between three plates, 4 thighs each and season with

Three different Pampered ChefÒ rubs of choice, I prefer Greek, Asian seasoning, and Citrus Basil. Place meat in 1 gallon freezer bags, remove air, label and freeze flat. Heat completely at service. Serve with complimentary side dishes-- Greek Salad, Asian rice noodles, Pineapple avocado salad with citrus dressing

Here is another...

This is one of my favorite freezer dinners! For good reason, I can either make one for tonight and put one away, or make two meals (actually, this is more like 3meals for my small family of 4) Yield 12 servings.

Chef Tess' French Onion Orange Chicken
6-8 lbs boneless skinless chicken thigh
1 large onion, sliced thin
4 oz minced uncooked bacon
2T fresh pressed garlic
6 oz tomato paste
2 cups chicken broth
zest of one orange
1 bay leaf
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup fresh chopped flat leaf parsley

In a large 12 inch skillet with deep sides, browh the chicken thighs and remove to a plate. Add the onion and bacon to the pan. Carmelize the onions cooking them until dark brown but not burnt. Add the garlic and tomato paste and scrape off the bottom of the pan where all the lovely flavor from the chicken and onion are sticking. Return the chicken to the pan and add the remaining ingredients except the parsley. Cover and simmer 30-35 minutes until cooked thruough. Put half of the chicken on a platter and garnish with half of the parsley for dinner tonight. Put the remaining chicken, garnished with parsley on a plate in the fridge to cool. Bag, label and freeze as soon as possible to prevent food born illness and ensure best flavor when you serve your freezer meal. To heat, place defrosted meat in the microwave on high 7-9 minutes, or heat on the stove in a covered skillet. Served with a simple buttered egg noodle and a fresh spinach salad it is a simple and elegant dish

natural said:
ok I did find the three files that were print out invites and fliers, but nay new tips on meals..in addition to the beef power meals?

Go to files and type in Stork, and a few things come up....type in Power and you get more, and also if you type in Investment, you will get files!

These are great, thanks!

1. What is a Baby Power Shower-Freezer Meal Party?

A Baby Power Shower-Freezer Meal Party is a fun and convenient way for expecting parents to stock their freezer with delicious and nutritious meals before their baby arrives. It combines the traditional baby shower celebration with the practicality of preparing freezer meals.

2. How does a Baby Power Shower-Freezer Meal Party work?

First, the expecting parents will provide a list of their favorite meals and any dietary restrictions. Then, the host will plan a menu and create a shopping list for all the ingredients. On the day of the party, guests will come together to prepare the meals in bulk and then divide them into individual portions to be frozen.

3. What are the benefits of having a Baby Power Shower-Freezer Meal Party?

The main benefit is that the expecting parents will have a freezer full of homemade meals to enjoy during the busy first few weeks after the baby arrives. This saves them time and energy in meal planning and preparation, allowing them to focus on their new bundle of joy. Additionally, it is a great way for friends and family to come together and support the new parents.

4. Do I need to have any cooking experience to participate in a Baby Power Shower-Freezer Meal Party?

No, you do not need to have any cooking experience. Our recipes are simple and easy to follow, and there will be a demonstration and instructions provided at the party. It is a fun and stress-free cooking experience for all skill levels.

5. Can I customize the menu for a Baby Power Shower-Freezer Meal Party?

Yes, the menu can be customized to fit the preferences and dietary needs of the expecting parents. We offer a variety of recipes, including options for vegetarians, vegans, and those with food allergies. The host will work with the parents to create a menu that suits their tastes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ElieQ
Replies
Views
julsradford
  • DebsApronStrings
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire