• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning an Unforgettable Baby Shower: Prizes, Unique Baby Items & More!

In summary, the speakers are discussing plans for a baby shower. They are considering what prizes to give for games and a diaper raffle. The idea of giving the prizes back to the guest of honor is discussed, with one speaker mentioning giving small house plants as gifts. They also talk about playing a "Price is Right" game with baby items as prizes. The idea of party favors and thank-you notes is mentioned, along with a suggestion for guests to write on diapers as a fun activity. Other potential prize ideas include candles, lotion samplers, and small journals.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I mentioned on here before I'm throwing a baby shower for my best friend next month. I have really only been to one baby shower before this! We are doing a couple games and a diaper raffle (guests bring a package of diapers to go into a raffle). I'm trying to decide what the best "prizes" would be. I know normally at showers you give something to the guest to give back to the person of honor. I've never liked this, they are spending their time coming to the shower and playing the games, they deserve something. Plus we are making sure the mom to be is spoiled anyway.

I considered gift cards like $5 ones for the games and a $20 for the raffle. But then I would be spending around $40-50 for prizes! I also thought about some "nice" gifts from the dollar store - photo albums, stationary sets, etc.

What do you think about this?

Also I'm trying to come up with some unique baby items for one of the games we are playing. It's like Price is Right where the guests have to guess the price without going over. Anyone have any suggestions? The one idea that was different than most that I had was a laundry basket, cause we know how much laundry you have to do when you have a baby. Plus I thought that would be a good thing to hold all the other items until we play the game.

I have given a small house plant as guest gifts. Sometimes I will put a small rattle or something baby in the plant (on a small stake as a decoration) that they can give to the mom if they wish, but they don't have to.
I just did a price is right game at a wedding shower a couple of weeks ago. I bought all of the ingredients and made little cards with the individual prices on them and then one with the total price. First we went through and described all of the items, then everyone totaled up their amounts. I went through them again revealing the prices and then the total. The person who came closest w/o going over won and got the prize (the two recipe cards to make the recipes that the items represented). That was then my gift to the bride (my best friend) with a couple of PC Items and a gift card to the grocery store to buy the perishables for the recipes.
It was a great game for a wedding shower, you could buy baby items and make it a baby price is right. You could put all of the items in a gift basket, or turn it into a diaper cake for the mom....

I just typed this, but my computer freaked, so I’m typing it again!

As for prize gifts, I usually hit a Tuesday Morning or other high end discount store for them. I give one prize per game, because I usually spend $5-10 on them. I found beautiful two-quart ceramic pitchers there for my daughter’s shower. I’ve never heard of the prizes going back to the mamma, and I’ve done lots of showers. Maybe it’s a regional thing? I wouldn’t worry about it. A prize is a prize!

I do a little party favor for each guest. Dollar Tree has cute boxes, 8 in the pack. I put chocolates (stuff I like…not dollar store) in each one, and some cute thing associated with the theme. My daughter’s them was Disney Princess, and I found these cute little notepads at the dollar store, again 8 to a pack. I saw people using them to exchange phone numbers during the party, so I know they’re getting used!

I always have thank you notes in envelopes, and have the guests fill out their address on them. I know for me, addressing the thank you notes is the most tedious part, and the new mom always appreciates it! I put them by the guest book or scattered about on tables, and make sure that all guests fill one out.

One thing I’ve done in the past that is always a hit is to have a basket of diapers (opened) with sharpees. Have the guests write funny notes or cute pictures on them (like “this one’s for you, Dad”, or “change me, please”). During the early weeks of sleepless nights, they can bring a smile to the face.

LOVE the idea of the diaper raffle. Never heard that one before…will put it in my baby shower file!

HTH!

Candles, lotion samplers from Bath & Body Works, small journals also make great prizes!

nikked said:
I just typed this, but my computer freaked, so I’m typing it again!

As for prize gifts, I usually hit a Tuesday Morning or other high end discount store for them. I give one prize per game, because I usually spend $5-10 on them. I found beautiful two-quart ceramic pitchers there for my daughter’s shower. I’ve never heard of the prizes going back to the mamma, and I’ve done lots of showers. Maybe it’s a regional thing? I wouldn’t worry about it. A prize is a prize!

I do a little party favor for each guest. Dollar Tree has cute boxes, 8 in the pack. I put chocolates (stuff I like…not dollar store) in each one, and some cute thing associated with the theme. My daughter’s them was Disney Princess, and I found these cute little notepads at the dollar store, again 8 to a pack. I saw people using them to exchange phone numbers during the party, so I know they’re getting used!

I always have thank you notes in envelopes, and have the guests fill out their address on them. I know for me, addressing the thank you notes is the most tedious part, and the new mom always appreciates it! I put them by the guest book or scattered about on tables, and make sure that all guests fill one out.

One thing I’ve done in the past that is always a hit is to have a basket of diapers (opened) with sharpees. Have the guests write funny notes or cute pictures on them (like “this one’s for you, Dad”, or “change me, please”). During the early weeks of sleepless nights, they can bring a smile to the face.

LOVE the idea of the diaper raffle. Never heard that one before…will put it in my baby shower file!

HTH!
We aren't doing gift for each guest, my friend is a very simple person and wants to keep the cost down for us.

I do like the diaper idea, that is cute!

I had seen the diaper raffle thing when researching baby shower ideas. My friend mentioned that she would like to do it. Some people that I read online said they didn't have to buy diapers for months since some stores allow you to exchange for different sizes.

mountainmama74 said:
Candles, lotion samplers from Bath & Body Works, small journals also make great prizes!

Good ideas, thanks!

I have probably given about 20 baby showers in my life (no joke) and here's some things that have really been memorable:

1. Baby Shower Bingo (this is bingo with a twist. Each guest is given a blank bingo card at the beginning of the shower with FREE DIAPER in the middle square for the free square. Each guest then fills in baby items that they think the mom-2-be will be recieving that day. Then when the gifts are being opened, the guests play bingo with that card.) It's a fun way to keep the guests attention during the gift giving time.

2. The name game. This is where you hand out a sheet of paper with maybe the alphabet listed on it vertically or maybe the mom-2-be or dad-2-be's name vertically listed and using a timer, the guests have a minute or two to list as many baby names they can think of. The winner with the most gets a prize.

3. Make a baby. Using either playdough or even a piece of gum (hubba bubba works best) each guest guest playdough/gum and in 3 minutes they "make a baby" out of it. Have small plates to display them on and have the mom-2-be pick the winner.

Hope these help and have fun!

oops, and as for prizes, here's some that I've done:

1. A $5.00 gift card to starbucks
2. A $5.00 gift card to Blockbuster
3. A $5.00 gift card to McDonalds or local fast food
you get the picture, the gift cards always were a hit. And recently I've been using my PC doorprizes like a S/B with a rub or a citrus peeler. I've always had great reviews whenever I give away PC stuff:)

ChefKelebel said:
oops, and as for prizes, here's some that I've done:

1. A $5.00 gift card to starbucks
2. A $5.00 gift card to Blockbuster
3. A $5.00 gift card to McDonalds or local fast food
you get the picture, the gift cards always were a hit. And recently I've been using my PC doorprizes like a S/B with a rub or a citrus peeler. I've always had great reviews whenever I give away PC stuff:)

That was my original idea but I'm worried about the cost.

1. What are some unique baby items that can be used as prizes for baby shower games?

There are many creative and unique baby items that can be used as prizes for baby shower games. Some ideas include personalized onesies, baby milestone blankets, baby photo albums, baby bath sets, and baby food makers.

2. How many prizes should I have for a baby shower?

It is recommended to have one prize for each game or activity planned for the baby shower. This ensures that all guests have a chance to win a prize and adds to the excitement of the event.

3. Can I give gift cards as prizes for a baby shower?

Yes, gift cards can make great prizes for a baby shower as they give the winner the flexibility to choose a gift they truly need or want for their baby. Popular options include gift cards to baby stores or online retailers.

4. Can I include the baby's gender in the prizes for a gender reveal baby shower?

Absolutely! For a gender reveal baby shower, you can incorporate the baby's gender into the prizes by choosing items that are specific to a boy or girl, such as blue or pink baby clothes, toys, or accessories.

5. Are there any non-baby related prizes that can be given at a baby shower?

Yes, there are many non-baby related prizes that can be given at a baby shower. Some ideas include spa gift baskets, candles, chocolates, or personalized mugs. These prizes can be a nice treat for the guests and add a fun twist to the traditional baby shower gifts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• natural
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Laura420
Replies
Views
raebates
  • tonzafunn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies