• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power Cooking and Budget Friendly Meals.....ideas for Shows

In summary, Crystal is thinking about ways to help people solve their meal-time dilemmas while at the same time boost her bookings, sales, recruits, and earn her trip to Disney in 2009. She thinks she needs to focus on Power Cooking and Budget Friendly Meals. Anyone have any great ideas to pass on on this topic?
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I've been thinking about ways to help people solve their meal-time dilemmas while at the same time boost my bookings, sales, recruits, and earn my trip to Disney in 2009. I think I need to focus on Power Cooking and Budget Friendly Meals. Anyone have any great ideas to pass on on this topic?

There are some great recipe pamphlets out here for Power Cooking (sorry, I don't remember who gets credit, but they are good!) I'm just not sure of the best way to approach this for a show. I am thinking about hosting my own Power Cooking Clinic (kinda like what Becky did) and showcasing it that way for a starter.

What about the Budget Friendly meals? Anyone have a list of them put together?

I think I remember seeing something out here with shopping tips too, but I don't remember what it was called or which thread it's in - so, if you know where it is, please post that here too.

What else can we share on these topics?

Thank you for posting this, I have been toying with the idea of doing the same. I know I have thought of things before that I want to do, but I'm doped up on cold medicine right now and can't think. Maybe with other people posting their ideas, it will remind me of my ideas.

I do know that when I do decide to do something, I'm going to check and see if the community center up the street will allow me to do something there.

waiting to hear about tips too....

Here is my intro letter for my show's in Jan. If they go well I'm planning on extending them to Feb and Mar. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Intro letter.doc
    44.5 KB · Views: 482
That looks really great Crystal! I'd love to see what your invite looks like. I have lot of left-over minis and I think I'll try using them for invites for the next month or so.

Here is my invite, it is completely inefficient, but I'm in this for helping people not making the big $$$. LOL I just started doing this, I will be sending them out in a regular envelope with the Mini-catty. I hope it will be worth it.

Attachments

• Invitations.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 963
Here is my outline for what I put in the Host Packet, I thought this might help. I also have a large manella envelope for each show with the info at the bottom of the outline on and/or in it. The envelope goes with me to the shows.

Attachments

• Cooking Show Pkt.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 445
I'm wondering how in the world I missed the introduction of the Power Cooking Chicken recipes? I don't remember seeing it at all! Oh my goodness! Now I'm so excited to have something "new" to offer! Ü

Those are great!! I wonder if it would attract more guests if you offered the 3rd meal to go home with a lucky winner.. I am all about helping the less fortunate.. but to win a meal... may be another draw.. What do you think?? Thanks for this.. I have been interested in this too. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!

Great Resources Crystal-thanks for posting and sharing! :thumbup:

Thank you very much Crystal, I love your intro letter!

I was thinking about doing a Power Cooking class at the Villiage Hall down the street. I was going to pass out flyers, hang up flyers, mail invites, and anything else I could think of. I think that I would like to offer the class for a few dollars (to help pay for the ingredients) BUT if they order their class fee will be deducted from their total.

I was thinking of making all 5 dishes, then letting everyone sample all at the end, then offer bookings for me to come in to their home, and do a regular Power cooking show where the host would get to keep the 2 extra meals.

Linda - My friend in MO does the "Once a Month Cooking" with a group of friends. We were just chatting about it the other day. I have the book from about 15 years ago but haven't used it. I should start browsing that because those are "power cooking" recipes. She said she'd be glad to give me recommendations on what recipes they really liked and didn't. She said there was a really good chicken pizza one.

thanks Crystal!

janetupnorth said:
Linda -

My friend in MO does the "Once a Month Cooking" with a group of friends. We were just chatting about it the other day. I have the book from about 15 years ago but haven't used it. I should start browsing that because those are "power cooking" recipes. She said she'd be glad to give me recommendations on what recipes they really liked and didn't. She said there was a really good chicken pizza one.

I'd love to see some of those too

I just looked for my book and it isn't in my cookbook rack... :( That means I pulled it out looked at it and it ended in a box somewhere...Sigh...Good thing I'm starting cleaning today...

Ooohhhh Janet - when you do find that book, please do post some of the recipes. This sounds really good to me! I was checking out all of the power cooking on-line the other day on CC and there are a lot of options. I haven't really heard much of this talked about and I haven't seen how it's demo'd, so if anyone has any input, like Linda asked in this post - please "let us have it"!!!! :)

I just love reading everyone's comments and hints and such and have to introduce you to a great website with several subscription menus, and the ability to purchase month-at-a-time menus for download. I did one month's last year just before major surgery, and between those meals and our church providing help, my family didn't have to worry about meals for quite some time. I've used the subscription weekly menu for 2 years - the frugal one has been great for a thin wallet. There are some meals we've decided never to do again, but mostly we've enjoyed trying new meals in an easy format. Check out SavingDinner.com.

It's my first ever posting to this or any website - I hope I don't mess up any special protocol!

I went with Janet's once a month cooking idea and looked on eBay. I was able to find a small book for $4.99 including shipping. When I get it I'll be sure to load any recipes that will work with PC.

tlag1986 said:
I went with Janet's once a month cooking idea and looked on eBay. I was able to find a small book for $4.99 including shipping. When I get it I'll be sure to load any recipes that will work with PC.

They have them on Amazon cheap too.

I checked out the Saving Diner website, thanks by the way, but you need to pay for a subscription to even view the recipes. I guess I won't go further w/that one.

Anyway, I have definately been trying to encourage this Power Cooking Show! But a couple of interested people asked if we could break it down and just do 1 meal, because of cost. I imagine we could, right? I did suggest we could probably have the guests bring the other ingredients for the other 2 recipes. Kind of like the Stone Soup story.

What do you think?

I thought the Saving Dinner website would let you see a sample week, no? Hmm. I wonder if there's a link to it through Flylady.net

VeronicaW said:
I checked out the Saving Diner website, thanks by the way, but you need to pay for a subscription to even view the recipes. I guess I won't go further w/that one.

Anyway, I have definately been trying to encourage this Power Cooking Show! But a couple of interested people asked if we could break it down and just do 1 meal, because of cost. I imagine we could, right? I did suggest we could probably have the guests bring the other ingredients for the other 2 recipes. Kind of like the Stone Soup story.

What do you think?

if you do just one of the meals, you will barely have a demo. Do your hosts realize that they will be getting TWO MEALS in their freezer to feed their family? It's such a great cost saving measure.

Also, to add to what deb said, it is not that expensive. Their biggest expense is usually the meat. I did the beef one all spring/summer and I just quickly went through the list and any odd things I would bring (ex. apple cider vinegar) I usually picked the ones I liked best and talked them up. We did sloppy joes-freezer, easy beef stroganoff-freezer and taco salad as the demo. I would have them get a bag of chips for the base , do the lettuce, cheese tomato or salsa. Very easy. They are all so cheap! If they can get hamburger on sale it would definetly be under the $15 credit PC gives them.

**If you want to offer it my suggestion would be to do it at home yourself first. Preferably as a demo for great hosts or something with your team. It is a great way to work out the kinks and know for yourself how inexpensive and easy it is!

You know, I had the same thought... just breaking it down and doing 1 meal. I think if we can give them different ideas, and the tools that they will need to make the meals ahead (prep bowls, easy read meas cups, etc) it will be beneficial. I haven't had luck yet with doing the Power Cooking Shows... not had anyone want to do them yet. I feel like it would also be much easier to do just 1 recipe.

Stephanie

DebbieJ said:
if you do just one of the meals, you will barely have a demo. Do your hosts realize that they will be getting TWO MEALS in their freezer to feed their family? It's such a great cost saving measure.

I agree Deb! I'm incorporating the Power Cooking into my show this month and with only 1 recipe, the whole intent of the demo, if not the demo itself, is lost! It's about saving money and TIME! That's what I want to help my hosts and customers realize, how easy, efficient and inexpensive it really is. It looks expensive buying that meat all at once, but wouldn't we do it over time anyway? In most grocery stores, don't you see "bulk" purchase say 10 cents cheaper? I know at mine, they have a package with 3 1lb squares of burger and it's about 10 cents a lb cheaper than buying 3 individually wrapped 1lb packages. My first Power Cooking show is going to be with working moms who have kids in school and after school activities. I can't imagine that it won't be a hit with them! Home cooked meals instead of a FF burger or pizza. Not only better for you, but better for your checkbook/wallet!

1. How can I incorporate power cooking into my meal prep routine?

Power cooking involves using efficient techniques and appliances to prepare meals in bulk, saving time and money. One idea for a show could be demonstrating how to use a pressure cooker to quickly cook large batches of meat or grains that can be used for multiple meals throughout the week.

2. What are some budget-friendly ingredients to use for power cooking meals?

Some budget-friendly ingredients to use for power cooking meals include beans, lentils, rice, and frozen vegetables. These items are often inexpensive but can provide a lot of nutritional value and can be used in a variety of dishes.

3. Can you share some tips for creating budget-friendly freezer meals?

When creating budget-friendly freezer meals, it's important to plan ahead and choose ingredients that are versatile and can be used in multiple recipes. You can also save money by buying in bulk and utilizing sales and coupons. Another tip is to cook and freeze meals in individual portions to avoid waste.

4. How do I make healthy power cooking meals on a budget?

To make healthy power cooking meals on a budget, focus on using whole, unprocessed ingredients such as lean proteins, whole grains, and fresh fruits and vegetables. You can also save money by buying in-season produce and utilizing frozen fruits and vegetables when they are not in season.

5. What are some creative power cooking meal ideas for families?

Some creative power cooking meal ideas for families could include making a large batch of homemade tomato sauce and using it for multiple meals, such as pasta, pizza, and lasagna. Another idea could be making a big batch of chili or soup and freezing individual portions for quick and easy meals. You could also demonstrate how to use a slow cooker to make a variety of dishes, such as pulled pork or shredded chicken, that can be used in different recipes throughout the week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
skaugchef
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • chefmoseley