• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crazy Arizona Measure: Not Voting Counts as a "No" Vote!

In summary, Tammy is saying that if a registered voter doesn't vote then their vote will count as a NO vote on a measure. This is crazy to her because it could be used to pass measures that the registered voter didn't want.
TammyStar
Not to ruffle any feathers, but I had to vote early because I am 4 hours away from home right now and there was a measure on the ballot in the state or Arizona that said " If a registered voter doesn't vote then their vote would count as a NO vote on a measure"

Doesn't that seem crazy to you or is it just me? SO if it passes then all you have to do is word your measure to mean a NO vote means you are going to pass what ever you want.

I always vote early because you never know what's gonna happen on that one day, but I think a lot of registered voters don't vote for various reasons and it just seems crazy to me to say if people don't vote we are gonna count that as a NO!

Seriously I can't believe this even made it on the ballot! Anyone with me on this? :thumbdown:

Wow! That's unbelievable!! Talk about taking away our civil liberties!!! I hope you voted against that one!! :O

Yes I did, and just to be annoying I voted for McCain/Palin and to be even more annoying I voted no that marriage could be between two people. The no vote keeps that law as it currently is "marriage is between a man and a woman"

Tammy, if it passes, I do not believe that measure would stand up under court scrutiny as it is, IMHO, unconstitutional. We fought a revolution over such government goofiness.

Thats why I'm thinking I can't believe it even made it on the ballot. I guess it must be easy to get these things on a ballot but the true test is if it passes. Wouldn't it be funny if everyone voted YES on the NO issue?

You have to keep an eye on your elected officials. They will often word a referendum in such a way to make you think you're voting against something when, in fact, you're voting for it.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You have to keep an eye on your elected officials. They will often word a referendum in such a way to make you think you're voting against something when, in fact, you're voting for it.

That drives me NUTS!!! I finally learned to have the little voters guide handy when I vote which outlines specifically "A no vote means.... while a yes vote means...."

POLITICS!!! :p

1. What is the "Crazy Arizona Measure"?

The "Crazy Arizona Measure" refers to a proposition on the Arizona ballot that states if a person does not vote on a particular issue, their absence counts as a "no" vote.

2. How did this measure come about?

The measure was proposed by the Arizona legislature and was added to the ballot through a process called a "legislative referral." This means that the legislature voted to put the measure on the ballot for voters to decide on.

3. What is the purpose of this measure?

The purpose of this measure is to ensure that a majority of voters are in support of a particular issue. If a person does not vote, their absence will count as a "no" vote, making it more difficult for a measure to pass.

4. How will this measure affect voters?

If this measure is passed, it will change the way that votes are counted in Arizona. Not voting on a particular issue will be counted as a "no" vote, which may impact the outcome of close elections or controversial issues.

5. What are the potential consequences of this measure?

This measure has sparked controversy and debate among voters. Some argue that it will make it more difficult for important measures to pass, while others believe it will ensure that a majority of voters are in support of an issue. If passed, it may also lead to confusion and uncertainty about the voting process in Arizona.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
thecougchef
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies