• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vote Now: Support 'In God We Trust' on American Currency | Take Action Today!

In summary, an email was sent out urging people to vote in a poll on whether "In God We Trust" should remain on American currency. The sender expressed shock at how close the vote was and encouraged others to vote in support of keeping the phrase. The poll is still open and the sender hopes to widen the gap in the results.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
This is an email I received today. It's not aimed at anyone... it's just in line with the things I pray about for our nation every day. I'm not trying to offend anyone and I've voted for other members cats and grandkids and so I'm posting something that means alot to me. Feel free to ignore this if you wish, that's cool with me too. Those of you who agree can help widen the gap in the poll. Thanks!

Dear All,

Please go to the msnbc link and VOTE. I am shocked at how close the vote is . The battle for our faith and our country is in full swing. Hopefully we can pass to everyone and help get the numbers up for GOD. It only takes a few seconds to vote.

Please take the time to do this!

Here's your chance to let the media know where the people stand on our faith in God, as a nation. NBC is taking a poll on "In God We Trust" to stay on our American currency. Please send this to every Christian you know so they can vote on this important subject. Please do it right away, before NBC takes this off the web page.

MSNBC poll is still open so you can vote.

Live Vote: Should ‘In God We Trust’ be yanked? - Life - MSNBC.com

This is not sent for discussion, if you agree forward this info to everyone you know, if you don't, delete it.

By me forwarding it, you know how I feel. I'll hope this was a surprise to NBC.

I voted the other day. I have gotten the email several times in the last few days.

It should STAY!

wow, if I were American, I'd be voting. Is there any discussion about removing "In God We Trust" from the currency, or is this just NBC trying to create a story?

quiverfull7 said:
This is an email I received today. It's not aimed at anyone... it's just in line with the things I pray about for our nation every day. I'm not trying to offend anyone and I've voted for other members cats and grandkids and so I'm posting something that means alot to me. Feel free to ignore this if you wish, that's cool with me too. Those of you who agree can help widen the gap in the poll. Thanks!

Dear All,

Please go to the msnbc link and VOTE. I am shocked at how close the vote is . The battle for our faith and our country is in full swing. Hopefully we can pass to everyone and help get the numbers up for GOD. It only takes a few seconds to vote.

Please take the time to do this!

Here's your chance to let the media know where the people stand on our faith in God, as a nation. NBC is taking a poll on "In God We Trust" to stay on our American currency. Please send this to every person you know who believes in G-d so they can vote on this important subject. Please do it right away, before NBC takes this off the web page.

MSNBC poll is still open so you can vote.

Live Vote: Should ‘In God We Trust’ be yanked? - Life - MSNBC.com

This is not sent for discussion, if you agree forward this info to everyone you know, if you don't, delete it.

By me forwarding it, you know how I feel. I'll hope this was a surprise to NBC.

I updated the request and went and voted to keep the saying on the money. Not trying at all to offend. Christians are not the only ones who believe in G-d. I just did not want the vote limited. It is an important part of our history!

Thanks for posting!

peichef said:
wow, if I were American, I'd be voting. Is there any discussion about removing "In God We Trust" from the currency, or is this just NBC trying to create a story?

B/c they are trying to say "seperation of church and state" but it is b/c it has GOD on it and people want all references to HIm removed.

Not trying to start contoversy either but that is the reason.

This really came up as an issue about 2 years ago. That's when the talk about it started. Not only is it horrible in terms of what it means for our faith as a nation, but i goes against what this country was founded on and for.

Yeah, check the date on the story...it is from 2005.

I just noticed you evidently can only vote once from the same computer also. I went to vote again...it's 37% yes & 63% no by the way...and it will only give me the stats! Yeah...it's where it should be! I will never understand why the only religion that is so openly discriminated against is Christian!

pcchefjane said:
I just noticed you evidently can only vote once from the same computer also. I went to vote again...it's 37% yes & 63% no by the way...and it will only give me the stats! Yeah...it's where it should be! I will never understand why the only religion that is so openly discriminated against is Christian!

I always wondered the same thing.

Sorry but I just have to post a reminder that God (the one God who gave us the Ten Commandments and in Whom we trust) is NOT the sole possession of Christians! Jews have been believing in God for an estimated 5768 years and Muslims have been believing in God for approximately 1429 years.

We monotheists diverge on Jesus and Mohammed, but we all agree that there is one God, omniscient, omnipotent, and we all are God's children. It's insulting and hurtful when posts insinuate or outright state that Christians are the only ones who believe in God.

With regard to discrimination, why is pretty much everything closed on Christmas, but non-Christians have to take vacation days or be absent from school for their most holy days?

Most importantly, this "in God we trust" poll is meaningless and if you take it seriously you are letting yourself get all upset over nothing. Instead, live as a person of faith and teach your children to do the same. You'll have a positive impact on the world and set a good example for people who doubt.

Thank you.

Susan,

Well said.

Thank you.

susanr613 said:
Sorry but I just have to post a reminder that God (the one God who gave us the Ten Commandments and in Whom we trust) is NOT the sole possession of Christians! Jews have been believing in God for an estimated 5768 years and Muslims have been believing in God for approximately 1429 years.

We monotheists diverge on Jesus and Mohammed, but we all agree that there is one God, omniscient, omnipotent, and we all are God's children. It's insulting and hurtful when posts insinuate or outright state that Christians are the only ones who believe in God.

With regard to discrimination, why is pretty much everything closed on Christmas, but non-Christians have to take vacation days or be absent from school for their most holy days?

Most importantly, this "in God we trust" poll is meaningless and if you take it seriously you are letting yourself get all upset over nothing. Instead, live as a person of faith and teach your children to do the same. You'll have a positive impact on the world and set a good example for people who doubt.

Thank you.

Very well said Susan!

I must add I always love seeing "Joey's Bar Mitzvah '10"! For those reading this who are not quite sure what a Bar Mitzah is, it is a BIG deal in the life of a Jewish boy or Bat Mitzah for a Jewish girl. The child is called to read from the Torah and by religious purposes, becomes an adult. It takes a lot of commitment from the child and the parents. It is also quite an expense for the parents. Susan, I know that must be a huge PC why for you!

Highjacking finished.

1. What is the purpose of the "In God We Trust" campaign?

The purpose of the "In God We Trust" campaign is to show support for keeping the phrase on American currency. This phrase has been a part of our currency since the 1800s and serves as a reminder of our nation's history and values.

2. How can I take action to support this campaign?

You can take action by signing the petition to keep "In God We Trust" on American currency. You can also spread awareness by sharing the campaign on social media and encouraging others to take action.

3. Is this campaign affiliated with any specific religious group?

No, this campaign is not affiliated with any specific religious group. It is simply a way for individuals to show their support for keeping "In God We Trust" on American currency.

4. Why is it important to keep "In God We Trust" on American currency?

"In God We Trust" has been a part of our nation's currency for centuries and serves as a reminder of our country's history and values. It also represents the freedom of religion that is protected by the First Amendment.

5. Will my personal information be shared if I sign the petition?

No, your personal information will not be shared. The petition will be delivered to the appropriate government officials, but your information will not be used for any other purpose.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • BethCooks4U
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies
Views
sharalam