• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

America: What Are Our Elected Officials Doing?

In summary, my close friend voted for two bills that allow torture and spying on Americans. She says that she is scared and that it is time for Americans to do something.
bbauman07
Gold Member
This is an email I got from a close friend of mine, what is America coming to, it sickens me to know what our elected officials are doing.

I just got of the phone with my congressperson Cathy McMorris. She voted yes for both the domestic spying bill and the bill that makes torture legal. Yes that is right torture is now legal in the US both bills passed. Never mind the Geneva Convention never mind The United States Constitution. Our elected officials as of today find it necessary to first spy on and torture people. Take a minute and let that sink in.................................................. No matter what political rhetoric you surround it with they are still crimes against humanity. These words may be fueled with fright and anger but no matter what you do to a table it is still a table!

We live in a crazy time. For those of you who care about your rights, your children's rights, your friends you family the rights of innocent people in our homeland and abroad, something has to be done. If you would rather enjoy bliss (and we all know what is bliss!!) delete this message and have a lovely day, and I heard Brittney had another baby! can you believe it!!!

If you care please inform yourself what your local representatives are doing in D.C. because frankly I'm frightened the direction we are heading. Its time to do something, call your representative, send an email, sign up for a grass roots network, tell a friend, something but it is no longer American to just sit back and watch our Constitution, our safety and that of the people of the world be ignored! Sorry to put a damper on your day, call me paranoid, but when the day comes that some one says the wrong thing on the phone and next thing you know they are being held as a prisoner of the state and they are being put through rigorous sensory deprivation for days, you will then think jeez I should have done something about this years ago.

Its not to late to build the future that you want, the thing is that you have to participate! This November is election time and those who are passing these bills can be removed. Find out who your rep. is pick a couple of bills that are close to your heart and soul, see which way they voted and make a judgement call if it parallels your beliefs. Make an informed decision. And if you don't like your choices lets get people in office who we can trust to look out for our best interest. This is a-political and beyond party lines. The thing about a democracy is that the people must be informed and you cant let them do it for you. You have to participate beyond just voting. I know our lives are crazy hectic but if we don't act now we may not have the chance to do so in the future.

So do what you will! I respect each and everyone of you and what you believe in and what you choose to do. This is what I believe so please reciprocate the sentiments. With a bit of consideration and respect for one another and ourselves we can all as human beings work towards a better future for our homes and those of all people. Enjoy yourself and those you surround your self with and may love and peace be with you along your journey!!!

Please - let's not start doing this here. I get enough of this stuff on other forums I belong to, and this kind of stuff hits my inbox every day.Let's keep this a PC site.

agreed kg.

1. What inspired Pampered Chef to create the "America: What Are Our Elected Officials Doing?" campaign?

Pampered Chef believes in the power of community and the importance of using our voices to create positive change. With the current state of politics in America, we wanted to encourage our customers and consultants to stay informed and engaged with their elected officials and hold them accountable.

2. How can I get involved with the "America: What Are Our Elected Officials Doing?" campaign?

There are several ways to get involved with our campaign. You can start by educating yourself on current political issues and reaching out to your elected officials to voice your opinions. You can also share our campaign on social media and encourage your friends and family to get involved as well.

3. Will Pampered Chef be supporting any specific political parties or candidates?

No, Pampered Chef does not align with any specific political party or candidate. Our goal is to promote civic engagement and encourage our community to be informed and involved in the political process.

4. What resources does the "America: What Are Our Elected Officials Doing?" campaign provide?

Our campaign provides resources such as a guide on how to contact your elected officials, a list of current political issues, and a template for writing letters to your elected officials. We also share informative articles and updates on political events and legislation.

5. Can I still participate in the campaign even if I am not a Pampered Chef customer or consultant?

Absolutely! Our campaign is open to everyone who wants to get involved and make a difference. We encourage anyone who is interested in promoting civic engagement to join us in our efforts to hold our elected officials accountable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy