• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Our Soup and Chili Cookoff Fundraiser - Support Relay for Life!

In summary, a fundraiser is needed for Relay for Life to get money to buy votes. People would have to pay to come in and vote, with a $3 coupon that can be used towards buying an individual serving or a quart. There are also small cups for people to taste the soup, and a bake sale would be easier to fundraise.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I participate in our local Relay for Life. I have this idea for a fundraiser but I was hoping that if some of you could not mind reading my ideas letting me know what you would change or add to the ideas. All comments are greatly appreciated..thank you very much.

Fundraiser Idea-Soup and Chili Cookoff

Donation of at Least 10 quarts of soup or chili needed to enter cookoff

People vote with money either $0.25 per vote or $1 for 5 votes. 4 quarters will be 4 votes.

Winner gets either the money for their votes or ½ of the money for their votes OR Another option would be winner gets all of money from their votes and other participants get ½ of their voting money.

Sell soup for $5/quart $3 for individual serving.

We would also make some – Chili, Chicken Corn Noodle Soup, and Vegetable Beef Soup

So that we don’t have people just come in to try all of the soups and not plan on voting or buying any. People would be charged to come in but with that they could get a $3 coupon..can be used to either buy an individual serving or could go towards a quart. I mean this is a fundraiser and if everyone would do that..then no funds would be raised..LOL..not that I think that everyone would do that..but I do believe that some would.

We could have very small about 3 - 4 oz cups for the taste test cups.

Bumping..Any input at all?

My only though here is food licensing. You would need to check with the city to see if this is OK. as long as food is involved, you need to check. Also, you need to know you have enough people not involved in the cook off and paying. Otherwise, you get a $2 prize for a $50 investment.

I think a bake sale would be easier for raising funds. Soup is more difficult to transport and keep warm for tasting. Maybe 3 quarts in a crockpot, but 10 quarts?

The idea of soup is better in cold weather than a boring old bake sale - I like the idea of it! I'm just not understanding the details of how it would actually work, though.

pampered1224 said:
My only though here is food licensing. You would need to check with the city to see if this is OK. as long as food is involved, you need to check. Also, you need to know you have enough people not involved in the cook off and paying. Otherwise, you get a $2 prize for a $50 investment.

We do them all the time at our church..I know that it is ok..We have 2 teams that will be involved..so I think we SHOULD have enough people voting.

ShellBeach said:
I think a bake sale would be easier for raising funds. Soup is more difficult to transport and keep warm for tasting. Maybe 3 quarts in a crockpot, but 10 quarts?

The idea of soup is better in cold weather than a boring old bake sale - I like the idea of it! I'm just not understanding the details of how it would actually work, though.

Yeah but a bake sale is boring..LOL. Our youth group at our church does them all the time..I was hoping for something different.

Something different is great, if you can figure out the logistics of it all. It's definitely soup weather around here!

You could charge per head for tastings, not votes. Every person who tastes gets one vote. winner doesn't get any money since its a fund raiser, they just get praised for their cooking :chef:

Another way would be to treat it like a bake sale, and have cups of soup and 1-qt containers for folks to just buy the soup and take home.

Let us know how it goes!

1. How do I participate in the Soup and Chili Cookoff Fundraiser?

To participate in the Soup and Chili Cookoff Fundraiser, simply sign up as a team or individual cook. You can also attend the event as a guest and taste the delicious soups and chilis.

2. Do I need to bring my own ingredients for the cookoff?

Yes, as a cook, you are responsible for bringing your own ingredients for your soup or chili. However, Pampered Chef will provide a fully equipped kitchen for you to prepare and cook your dish.

3. How is the winner of the cookoff determined?

The winner of the cookoff will be determined by popular vote. Each guest will have the opportunity to taste and vote for their favorite soup or chili. The dish with the most votes will be declared the winner.

4. Can I bring my own soup or chili to the event as a guest?

Unfortunately, no outside dishes are allowed at the event. However, as a guest, you will have the opportunity to taste and vote for the soups and chilis prepared by the participating cooks.

5. How does the event support Relay for Life?

All proceeds from the Soup and Chili Cookoff Fundraiser will go towards supporting Relay for Life, a non-profit organization that raises funds for cancer research and support for cancer patients. By participating in the cookoff or attending as a guest, you will be helping to support this important cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies