• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Relay for Life/Hwc Fundraiser Questions

In summary, the conversation discusses fundraising options for a Relay for Life team at a local gym/club. The main question is whether to suggest a catalog-type fundraiser or a single cooking show event, and how much time should be allowed for the fundraiser. There is also a question about whether the fundraiser should be a regular fundraiser or a HWC fundraiser, as well as how to give credit to the team for the funds raised. One participant shares their experience with a similar event and their plan to donate a portion of their commission to the team. Another participant clarifies that HWC fundraisers go directly to ACS and cannot be credited to a specific team, while Relay for Life funds can be used for any ACS program.
esavvymom
Staff member
Here's my situation: I got an email yesterday from our gym/club in town. They are doing a Fundraiser Car Wash/Lemonade stand today to raise money for their Relay for Life team. The Relay is May 15-16th. I got the two ladies email addresses who are leading the team. I was thinking about sending them an email or flyer introducing myself and giving them another Fundraiser option.

Since that's about 4 weeks till their event, and I've never done one before in my life, would it be better to suggest a Catalog-type fundraiser, or I'm thinking a single Cooking Show event (maybe end of the month - 1-2 weeks out) in conjunction with catalog/outside orders. What would give them enough time to get the funds from PC? How long should you really allow for a Fundraiser?

Also- since they are doing it with ACS, can they do a regular HWC fundraiser with funds going to the ACS, but have their Team name on it somehow so they get credit for it for the relay? Or do we do a normal fundraiser?

I'd love to figure out the best options to present to them-instead of looking like I have no clue what I'm talking about -which I don't!

I did a table at a Relay team's event today. I am doing it as a regular fundraiser so the check can be made out to this particular team. I am adding 10% of my commission to PC's contriubtion to give them 25%. There weren't any sales made today but the team is now going to do catalog orders and once that is complete, I will turn in the fundraiser.
It is my understanding that if you turn it in as a HWC fundraiser, the check is made out to ACS, not the individual team. I also give the organization $2 for each showed book, so along with PC's contribution of $3, that is an additional $5.

Kimberly is correct. HWC goes directly to ACS. If the RFL team does a fundraiser, their name can't go on the check. Though they are both ACS programs, HWC is restricted to breast cancer awareness, prevention and resarch only whereas RFL funds raised can be used for any ACS program.

1. What is Relay for Life/Hwc Fundraiser?

Relay for Life/Hwc Fundraiser is an annual event organized by the American Cancer Society to raise funds for cancer research, education, and patient support. It is a community-based event where teams of people take turns walking or running around a track to honor cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost to cancer, and raise awareness about the disease.

2. How can I participate in Relay for Life/Hwc Fundraiser?

There are several ways to participate in Relay for Life/Hwc Fundraiser. You can register and join a team, start your own team, or participate as an individual. You can also volunteer your time and skills to help organize the event. Additionally, you can donate to a team or individual to support their fundraising efforts.

3. Can I still participate if I am unable to attend the event?

Yes, you can still participate in Relay for Life/Hwc Fundraiser even if you are unable to attend the event. You can register as a virtual participant and fundraise online. You can also donate to a team or individual to support their efforts.

4. How do I start a team for Relay for Life/Hwc Fundraiser?

To start a team for Relay for Life/Hwc Fundraiser, you can visit the event's website and click on the "Start a Team" button. You will be asked to provide some basic information about your team, such as the team name, fundraising goal, and team captain's name and contact information. Once your team is registered, you can invite others to join and start fundraising.

5. Are there any incentives for fundraising for Relay for Life/Hwc Fundraiser?

Yes, there are incentives for fundraising for Relay for Life/Hwc Fundraiser. The American Cancer Society offers various recognition items for individuals and teams who reach certain fundraising milestones. These incentives may include t-shirts, water bottles, and other merchandise. Additionally, many communities and organizations offer their own incentives to encourage individuals and teams to fundraise for the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankfan24