• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can you help support Alzheimer's research through our Memory Walk fundraiser?

In summary, Harriet's husband has Alzheimer's and they will be participating in a local walk on Sept. 20th. She is also doing a PC fundraiser to raise money and awareness for Alzheimer's. She has a page set up for donations to the Alzheimer's Association and appreciates any support. The link is provided. Harriet's DH has been doing well with donations and she will be entering them into his account and dropping off the money to the association. Harriet also shares her personal connection to Alzheimer's and her hope for a cure. The link to the Memory Walk website is provided for anyone interested in finding a walk near them. Some members of the conversation express interest in participating in the walk and forming a team.
pamperedharriet
Some of you know that my DH has Alzheimer's (5 years this month). We will be participating in the local walk here in Manchester, NH on Sept. 20th. I am going to find out if I can set up a booth/table the day of the walk.

I am doing a PC fundraiser at our place on Wed Sept 10th (hope it goes well) to raise money and awareness for Alzheimer's. In fact one of the people from The Alzheimer's Association is coming (she is also a customer)!

I also have a page on the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk if anyone wants to make a donation. If you can and do thanks so much. I know we all different things that are important to us so please do not feel obligated by any means. I just thought I would ask-nothing ventured-nothing gained
The link is:
http://nhmemorywalk2008.kintera.org/harrietcutler

My DH has done fairly well with his donations and hopes I can come up with some too! I need to enter his donations on his account later tonight and drop off his money to the association this week as I don't like having extra checks and cash hanging around here. So far all we have collected has gone on his sheet and he is a happy camper at the moment!

Thanks for reading this!

Last edited:
Harriet,
This is very near and dear to our hearts. When our oldest was in high school he would do the memory walk in honor of my aunt.
she lived many years with Alzheimers, she died on the morning of his last walk his Senior year.
As a family we make a large donation every year on her birthday. Good Luck!!
Teresa

Thanks Teresa for your reply. That is something else about your aunt's passing on the day of your son's walk in her honor--deja vu??? Sorry to hear that you had been touched with this horrible illness/disease too. I am hoping that one day people will be able to ask what this was in the hopes that someday a cure will be there!!!

Harriet, the link you provided doesn't work, or at least not for me. I'd love to check it out. My grandmother had Alzheimer's, she passed away last year. So far 3 of her 4 sisters have been diagnosed with it as well, which is really scary to think about. I hadn't heard about the walk in Manchester, but I am definitely interested in more info on it. Thanks!

chefbritt said:
Harriet, the link you provided doesn't work, or at least not for me. I'd love to check it out. My grandmother had Alzheimer's, she passed away last year. So far 3 of her 4 sisters have been diagnosed with it as well, which is really scary to think about. I hadn't heard about the walk in Manchester, but I am definitely interested in more info on it. Thanks!

Try it this way:
http://www.nhmemorywalk2008.kintera.org/harrietcutler

The other walks in NH are in Concord,Keene,and Portsmouth. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. It runs in my DH's family (his grandmother, 2 aunts and a cousin--all passed away from it)

Found the mistake--I left the "t" out in kintera. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will fix my original post.

Thanks Harriet! I'm right near Portsmouth, so that would work so much better for me. Maybe I can get a team together!

chefbritt said:
Thanks Harriet! I'm right near Portsmouth, so that would work so much better for me. Maybe I can get a team together!

That would be great Brittany!!!! I wish you lots of luck!!!!! If you want the phone number for the NH office let me know.

Harriet, Thank you for walking. I am heading up a Memory Walk in Ga. This is something very close to me and a lot of people I know. It is important for anyone dealing with Alzheimer's that help is available. My GD had it when there was little knowledge on the disease. Thanks again for everything you are doing.

BTW if anyone would like to find a walk near them here is the site to find one. There is no min. to raise but $150 will get you a long sleeve t-shirt.

Alzheimer's Association | Memory Walk

Thanks Harriet for starting this thread!

I checked it out - and there is a Walk here on the 20th also. I'm going to talk to some friends and see if I can get a team together! We can walk together...just several states apart!:D:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks Harriet for starting this thread!

I checked it out - and there is a Walk here on the 20th also. I'm going to talk to some friends and see if I can get a team together! We can walk together...just several states apart!:D:thumbup:

Great--glad to hear that this thread is doing some good. From what I've been hearing it sounds like we could have quite a few Cheffers participating in their areas in honor or in memory of loved ones.

It is just so sad how many of us are affected by this and can only hope that years from now others will benefit from our dedication for a cure. The numbers are very staggering (I think that is the word I want to use) and to hear how many more could get this disease is horrible. I think I heard recently that this is now the 6th leading cause of death in the US.

I'm with you on the walking together just several states apart! My DH's granddaughter is going to college and told him that she is studying about this disease and thinks of him everyday. Due to how many in his family have had this she is now fearful that she or her brother could end up with it later on.

Thanks Oklabell for doing your walk too and for posting the sight for others to check out where other walks are and when!

We are walking in one in Syracuse, NY on Sept 27 in memory of my grandmother......If anyone is interested...My mother wrote a book titled.."Hey Mom Let's go Out to Lunch"..it is a tribute to her and her 2 sisters in taking care of Grandma through her 5 year ordeal with Alzheimer's...it takes you through the phases of the disease first hand..from the first signs til the day she died...she wrote it in hopes of helping other families that are dealing with this awful disease....it is $12 plus shipping.....PM if anyone is interested...

Good news! I was down at the local Alzheimer's Association office this morning dropping off the donations we had so far and they all told me that they were spreading the word about my PC fundraiser and had me contact HO to get permission for them to post my fundraiser on their website. HO said yes! I can't wait to see it when it gets posted online. I am so happy that they wanted the new catalog to pass around the office so they could order from me too. One of the workers said she e-mailed her friends to check out my website and to place orders on my website for this fundraiser. It could work out better than I planned which is also great for them too!

They also told me that I could set up a table the day of the walk too to see if we can get more donations and business!! Now, to make up a list of what I want to bring. Good opportunity for me to get my name out and pass out old catalogs too! Glad I just got more business cards and will put stickers on them to tell them how to use the outlet too! Any other suggestions that you might have ?

That is GREAT!!!! Two great things at once it just can't get any better!!!

What is the Alzheimer's Memory Walk?

The Alzheimer's Memory Walk is an annual fundraising event organized by the Alzheimer's Association to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer's care, support, and research.

Who can participate in the Alzheimer's Memory Walk?

Anyone can participate in the Alzheimer's Memory Walk! It is open to people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities. Participants can choose to walk individually or as part of a team.

How do I register for the Alzheimer's Memory Walk?

You can register for the Alzheimer's Memory Walk online through the Alzheimer's Association website or by reaching out to your local chapter. Registration is free, but donations and fundraising are encouraged.

Where does the money raised from the Alzheimer's Memory Walk go?

All funds raised from the Alzheimer's Memory Walk go towards supporting the mission of the Alzheimer's Association, which includes providing care and support services for those affected by Alzheimer's, funding research for a cure, and advocating for policies that benefit individuals with Alzheimer's and their families.

What can I do to support the Alzheimer's Memory Walk if I am unable to participate?

If you are unable to participate in the Alzheimer's Memory Walk, you can still support the cause by making a donation to a team or individual walker, sharing information about the Walk on social media, or volunteering at the event. Every contribution helps make a difference in the fight against Alzheimer's.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• julyskitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
julyskitchen
  • mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • Tropicalburstqt2