• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookbook Fundraiser for August 09

In summary, the author is considering a fundraiser where people can buy books for $60 and get a free cookbook. The author is worried about possible problems with the idea, such as people taking advantage of the offer and people not being able to return the books if they don't like them.
BlessedWifeMommy
Yes, I'm thinking ahead...

I'm thinking since the August's guest special is buy $60 get a free cookbook, that it would be a good month to do a special cookbook fundraiser.

Have you done one like this?

I'm thinking of the organization would collect $17 per book (flyer would say that includes shipping and tax) and they would only pay for 4 out of 5 books. So they make $17 selling 5 books. Plus, I would turn it in as a fundraiser and they would make 10% so they would make $23 per 5 books (30%). How I figured $17 per book, 14.75 + 1 shipping plus tax per book, so here that would be, 15.75 + 1.28 tax = 17.03

Thoughts?

Only cookbooks are offered? So for every 4 cookbooks sold they receive 1 free but keep the money instead?

Sounds like a great incentive but since there was so much confusion on this concept a few years ago, I would definitely get details together & contact HO 1st.

We are not allowed as consultants to sell products for more than the retail value. Sorry!

It's against policy to charge prices other than the official price, including sales items. This comes up every time the cookbooks are on sale, although usually when they're marked down not when they're a "free with qualifying purchase" incentive.Combining orders to make the $60 is also not right. Then customers don't have a correct receipt, and HO won't have an accurate record of who bought what, in case someone wants to make a return. And, just to play devil's advocate here, what if someone knows that the cookbooks are the special for the month? They'll order 4 books and want a 5th free - and you know they'll tell their friends. All of a sudden, the group hosting the FR isn't making as much. And it may even foster negative feelings against them, if people perceive the situation as sneaky and dishonest.

Sorry, didn't think it through... guess it was a bad idea.

1. What is the Cookbook Fundraiser for August 09?

The Cookbook Fundraiser for August 09 is a special promotion by Pampered Chef where customers can purchase a cookbook and a portion of the sales will be donated to a chosen organization or cause.

2. How much of the sales will be donated to the chosen organization?

A portion of the sales, typically 15%, will be donated to the chosen organization. This amount may vary depending on the specific promotion or organization.

3. Can I choose which organization my purchase will support?

Unfortunately, no. The chosen organization for the Cookbook Fundraiser for August 09 is predetermined by Pampered Chef. However, you can rest assured that your purchase will be supporting a worthy cause.

4. How can I participate in the Cookbook Fundraiser for August 09?

To participate, simply purchase the designated cookbook during the month of August. You can order through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website.

5. Is there a limit to how much can be donated through this fundraiser?

No, there is no limit to how much can be donated through the Cookbook Fundraiser for August 09. The more cookbooks purchased, the more funds will be raised for the chosen organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tfinetwins
  • scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • Gloria&Emily
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies