• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover a Delicious Way to Raise Funds with Our Cookbook Fundraiser!

In summary, the cookbooks in September are $10 each and the organization will make $5 up front on each cookbook sold. The flyer and letter that were attached detail how to raise funds with this idea. The rewards for 5, 10, 15, and 20 products sold are not specified.
Kodeysmom
Gold Member
i just received an email from our director about an awesome idea for a fundraiser. The cookbooks in September. The organization sells them for $15 aand since the guest special is all cookbooks for $10 they make $5 a cookbook right off the top. I think i am going to try this. I have some word documents if anyone is interested. This would be great for schools, churches, individuals. let me know.

I'd love this info please!

Could you post your info please?

I love that idea! I would appreciate seeing those word documents!

Oh, that sounds cool! I have a couple of potential fundraisers that would love this idea. Please post!!

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I have thought of this too but can we also set it up as a fundraiser so the organization also gets 15%?

i am going to try and get some more info on this today as well and post it as soon as i find out. Here are all the documents that my director sent out. Here is a flyer that is great plus a letter that was used for a school and it does mention the 15% as well.

Hello Team!

This is the best Fund-Raiser I've seen! Spread the word!

What an awesome way to raise funds for your church, child's ball team, child's school, a friend's medical bills, a mission trip, etc... They sky is the limit!!!

The organization will make $5.00 up front on each cookbook sold during the month of September since they cookbooks are the guest special for only $10.00 each!!!

Check out the attachments for details.

What an exciting way to boost your Fall sales.

Kim :)

Attachments

• Cookbook%20Fundraiser[1].doc
    461 KB · Views: 760
  • Cookbook%20Fundraiser%20-%20School%20Letter[1].doc
    784.5 KB · Views: 688
Last edited:
That's a really good idea:)

I don't understand how to do the receipts or direct the extra money to the organization.

Here is something to think about - if you order more than 50 of ANY item on one show, you have to let HO know BEFORE you send it in. Bulk pricing (not sure exactly what that is) may apply.

You could let the organization keep $4 for each cookbook and then order them with the guest special #. The $1 that is over the $10 sale price would cover shipping and tax (putting each participant's order in their own name so it's easy to know who gets which books). If there is any additional over paid once shipping and tax is covered you can decide ahead if it goes back to the organization or to Second Harvest.

The 15% would come directly from PC.

cmdtrgd said:
Here is something to think about - if you order more than 50 of ANY item on one show, you have to let HO know BEFORE you send it in. Bulk pricing (not sure exactly what that is) may apply.
I could be wrong but isn't it 50 items on one ORDER? So if it's 11 orders of 10 cookbooks that would clear?

If I did this kind of fundraiser and had a great response I would notify PC anyway so they know it's coming in. They would okay it I am quite sure.

BethCooks4U said:
You could let the organization keep $4 for each cookbook and then order them with the guest special #. The $1 that is over the $10 sale price would cover shipping and tax (putting each participant's order in their own name so it's easy to know who gets which books). If there is any additional over paid once shipping and tax is covered you can decide ahead if it goes back to the organization or to Second Harvest.

The 15% would come directly from PC.

How would $1 cover tax and s/h with each person's order separate? I'm confused. :eek: I would just lump them into sets of 6 or so cookbooks, or whatever worked out to cover tax and shipping appropriately. The cookbooks are so unlikely to be returned under warranty (how exactly does a cookbook fail?) that I wouldn't be too concerned about a problem. Someone correct me if I'm not seeing something.

I think this is a FANTASTIC idea, especially for all those fundraising groups (like schools around here) who want 50% return. With $4 per cookbook, plus 15% of $10 (1.50), they are making 5.50 per book sold, which is more than 1/3 profit. You could also have them sell the cookbooks at $15 plus $1 s/h for a total of $16 to the customer, which would net the group $6.50 per book, which is a 43% profit... almost 50%!

Here's my other question... what are you (or whomever made up the flyer) using as a reward for 5, 10, 15, and 20 products sold? Is this something the school is just going to provide?

I would love to do this, wonder if there is enough time to get it into schools now. My son's elementary is doing a "school cash" fundraiser... basically they just ask everyone to donate money. Subtle, isn't it? Not really my cup of tea but better than getting stuck buying $8 gift wrap. But I WOULD pay $15 for a cookbook. ;)

dwyerkim said:
How would $1 cover tax and s/h with each person's order separate? I'm confused. :eek: I would just lump them into sets of 6 or so cookbooks, or whatever worked out to cover tax and shipping appropriately. The cookbooks are so unlikely to be returned under warranty (how exactly does a cookbook fail?) that I wouldn't be too concerned about a problem. Someone correct me if I'm not seeing something.
Each participant would hopefully have several cookbooks on their list. EG: Johnny asks grandma, auntie and next door neighbor (and mom) and sells a total of 13 cookbooks. That whole order would be put in on Johnny's name. So that would be $13 to cover shipping and tax. $4 shipping and $9.38 (tax at 7%) = $13.38. So in this case the consultant would eat $0.38 (out of commission). I would combine orders in this kind of fund-raiser if some of the participants had only a couple orders so that it would cover costs, btw. (If someone ordered other things in the catalog they would get their own receipt and would pay the shipping.)

A cookbook could have a problem with the binding falling apart but that would be rare - otherwise you are right the warranty is not an issue.

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
Each participant would hopefully have several cookbooks on their list. EG: Johnny asks grandma, auntie and next door neighbor (and mom) and sells a total of 8 cookbooks. That whole order would be put in on Johnny's name.

A cookbook could have a problem with the binding falling apart but that would be rare - otherwise you are right the warranty is not an issue.

Ok, I get it, you're counting an "order" as a student's collective set of orders, not as each individual person who is buying a cookbook. That makes sense. Though you could still do $1 per book to cover s/h, combine in this way, and give the organization $5 per book right off the top.

dwyerkim said:
Ok, I get it, you're counting an "order" as a student's collective set of orders, not as each individual person who is buying a cookbook. That makes sense. Though you could still do $1 per book to cover s/h, combine in this way, and give the organization $5 per book right off the top.
I changed and worked on the scenerio while you were posting (in case someone is wondering why my post is different than the one you quoted here.).:p

Yes you could add $1 to every order for S&H/tax and give them $5 per book but that complicates things a little. The easier you make it for the group the better. Most people don't need to be explained that shipping and tax is part of it and if they ask just say it's included.

I would say the books are in the catalog for $14.75 plus shipping and tax and for this fundraiser we are selling them for only $15 each and that they S&H/tax is included. The group gets $4 for every book and 15% of the total order sent in. AND if the group chooses, they can purchase a piece of cookware at 60% off out of their profit to use as a raffle prize or prize for the most orders...

BethCooks4U said:
I changed and worked on the scenerio while you were posting (in case someone is wondering why my post is different than the one you quoted here.).:p

Yes you could add $1 to every order for S&H/tax and give them $5 per book but that complicates things a little. The easier you make it for the group the better. Most people don't need to be explained that shipping and tax is part of it and if they ask just say it's included.

I would say the books are in the catalog for $14.75 plus shipping and tax and for this fundraiser we are selling them for only $15 each and that they S&H/tax is included. The group gets $4 for every book and 15% of the total order sent in. AND if the group chooses, they can purchase a piece of cookware at 60% off out of their profit to use as a raffle prize or prize for the most orders...

I like offering the cookware for the group to purchase and raffle off... I was also thinking that for every $500 in sales, you can split it into a separate show (as they would have hit the 15% fundraising level anyway), then let each fundraising coordinator (since there are usually a lot of mom's working on this stuff) purchase the special if they want it.

Anyone have a letter of introduction to send to prospective fundraising groups tailored to this special yet?

dwyerkim said:
I like offering the cookware for the group to purchase and raffle off... I was also thinking that for every $500 in sales, you can split it into a separate show (as they would have hit the 15% fundraising level anyway), then let each fundraising coordinator (since there are usually a lot of mom's working on this stuff) purchase the special if they want it.

Anyone have a letter of introduction to send to prospective fundraising groups tailored to this special yet?

The idea is good, but fundraisers need $600 to get to the 15%.

This sounds like such a great idea! Just trying to put it all together though, I get confused easily. How much "out of pocket" expense do you think we as consultants would end up with by doing this? I don't mind a little, but cannot afford to do much, my summer has been terrible.

katie0128 said:
The idea is good, but fundraisers need $600 to get to the 15%.
YOu're right, good catch.

Here's a letter I've put together. I was already thinking about doing this and that order form you posted is awesome!!! Saves me a ton of work!!!! Feel free to borrow and tweak the letter if you'd like. I compiled a list of churches, schools, pre-schools, etc to send the letter to. I will follow-up with them about 7-10 days after mailing the letter. I said September and October because we can still submit September shows through the end of October. If I get any takers, I will steer them to close in plenty of time. Good luck everyone!

Attachments

• Fundraiser Prospect Letter with pics.doc
    414.5 KB · Views: 404
Might want to add to the flyer that the organization gets an extra $3 donation (from HO)for each booking. That is great for you and for them!

Thanks for the great idea. I wonder if it should be disclosed that it's the guest special? Also, what are the incentives for the kid's? I think that's a good idea, but what and where the money comes from is important. I think I've heard of ideas that are pretty easy, not too expensive, but not lame either.

I would LOVE to get some takers on this. I was hoping that they'd increase the % of fundraisers even though we have the potential to really sell more b/c people WANT PC vs the inflated other fundraising items.

Okay...back to baby shower preparations!

Although it is the guest special, if they ordered it a show it would be $10 + $4 shipping + tax (6% in KY) which = 14.84. RUFTH and it is $15 just like the fundraiser price except the organization gets the $4! I have been brainstorming all day of organizations that I can contact. I recently resigned my teaching position:D , so it is no longer a conflict of interest for me to do school fundraisers :rolleyes: Hoping to get a bite in the school where I used to work!

Fundraiser:confused: Do we need to contact HO to do this? I'm new at alot of this. And with new products there always seems to be one that is not available or backordered what would you do?

I know this was said, but could someone say it in maybe a different way so that I might understand ...

How can we offer this in October, as well as in September? Would the October show have to have a date of say Sept 30, and have a close date of say Oct 30?

MomToEli said:
I know this was said, but could someone say it in maybe a different way so that I might understand ...

How can we offer this in October, as well as in September? Would the October show have to have a date of say Sept 30, and have a close date of say Oct 30?

You can technically close a september show (with sept. specials) until the end of October. (that is true for every month) So, you could offer it, enter it as a Sept. show, and you would have to close it at the latest Oct. 31.

OK-before I loose my mind over this, let me see if I have it straight-this could potentially be a HUGE fundraiser for my nephew's marching band:

Let's say there are 40 band members and each kids sells 10 cookbooks. That is a $50 profit per kid (50x40) and there fore a $2,000 fundraiser for them.....................am I right??????????????

Now for the selfish part:
That is $6,000 in sales for me, which translates to 6,000 points toward the CRUISE!

Now for the technical stuff:
How would they get their money and wouldn't I actually take a loss-the order would be for a $15 cookbook that they get $5 of, so I would take a $5 loss on each one sold......HELP ME HERE!!!!:confused:

chefmeg said:
OK-before I loose my mind over this, let me see if I have it straight-this could potentially be a HUGE fundraiser for my nephew's marching band:

Let's say there are 40 band members and each kids sells 10 cookbooks. That is a $50 profit per kid (50x40) and there fore a $2,000 fundraiser for them.....................am I right??????????????

That is $6,000 in sales for me, which translates to 6,000 points toward the CRUISE!

How would they get their money and wouldn't I actually take a loss-the order would be for a $15 cookbook that they get $5 of, so I would take a $5 loss on each one sold......HELP ME HERE!!!!:confused:
You'd actually have $4000 in sales and wouldn't take a loss. This whole concept is based on the cookbooks being on sale for $10 each in September, but FR customers paying regular price.

chefmeg said:

The cookbooks are the guest special for September, so you aren't taking any loss... you only are paying PC $10 each for them. So right off the bat, they could keep $5 per book sold, or $4 if you want to factor in $1 each for shipping and tax. Personally, I would do $15 each plus $1 s/h/tax--most people, I think, don't have a problem with $1 towards shipping. Anyway, figure out what your tax and shipping costs per book would be and factor that in so you know what the cost will be. I would figure from your above scenario, you would have around $50 per kid right off the bat in funds raised, plus don't forget the 15% PC is going to kick in when you submit it as a fundraiser show.

dwyerkim said:
The cookbooks are the guest special for September, so you aren't taking any loss... you only are paying PC $10 each for them. So right off the bat, they could keep $5 per book sold, or $4 if you want to factor in $1 each for shipping and tax. Personally, I would do $15 each plus $1 s/h/tax--most people, I think, don't have a problem with $1 towards shipping. Anyway, figure out what your tax and shipping costs per book would be and factor that in so you know what the cost will be. I would figure from your above scenario, you would have around $50 per kid right off the bat in funds raised, plus don't forget the 15% PC is going to kick in when you submit it as a fundraiser show.

Also, though, factor your incentive points on the actual cost of the book... it wouldn't be a $6K show but a $4 K show. Still it doesn't hurt you in reaching your goal!

:rolleyes: well, DUH on me! I get it now! I am still really excited about the kids being able to earn that much money from a fundraiser! I have to get in touch with the band director tomorrow! Thanks for the help!

Okay, I went in and put a "dummy" fundraiser, to test how this would work. When I tried to enter one of the cookbooks (guest special) or the seasonings, it said these orders couldn't go on this kind of show. Can someone help me? How does this work when entering it in PP or PP3 ?? I have several groups that might go for it, so would like to know how it actually works.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Never mind. I had the wrong date.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Trish1953 said:
Never mind. I had the wrong date.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

That's just what I was going to suggest... been there done that! ONly I called HO indignant that I couldn't get the hostess special on to my show! :eek:

I love this idea! I need to get in touch with people to get the word out there! It makes the typical "fundraiser" seem so much neater! Everyone loves cookbooks! Thank you!!!!!!! I am so excited!

mpkegley said:
This sounds like such a great idea! Just trying to put it all together though, I get confused easily. How much "out of pocket" expense do you think we as consultants would end up with by doing this? I don't mind a little, but cannot afford to do much, my summer has been terrible.

Me, too. I need it carefully spelled out since I have yet to do a fundraiser.

And how does this all change if I donate my commission, as well? There's a non-profit group in town looking for a fundraiser and I think the advertising for my business would be fabulous and might help me "sell" the fundraiser if the group knows I'm not making a commission off their sales. Make sense?

If you want to donate your commission you can. Just make them aware that it will be a personal check from you once you recieve your commission for that show.

And then you can write that donation off your taxes. :)

And remember that your commission rate is LESS on a fundraiser, so you don't promise more than you earn!

Thanks for clarifying! :)

Another question...there's really no way for me to use my PWS with this deal if we're charging something different for each cookbook than it is listed for that month, right? For example, if someone were to go to my site, go into that fundraiser, select their cookbook and enter their credit card number, it would only charge them $10 per book, right?

Right. The PWS system will charge $10 per book.

I haven't made the transition to P3 yet, but in PP orders placed on your website still have to be keyed into the show by you , they don't automatically show up. Website orders will charge tax & shipping which should come close to the fundraiser price. (see earlier post) You will put in their CC info for the amount charged on the website.

You will just have to keep up with how many $4s that you will owe the school from these orders (Assuming that all payments are going to the school first). That shouldn't be hard to do because your website will show you how many web orders that you have; you will just have to count the total # of cookbooks ordered.

I plan on having payment go to the school first, then the school will pay me/PC $11 per cookbook ordered. Their remaining 15% will be mailed directly to them from PC. The reasons that I chose this method are
1) With an order this large, I don't want the risk of bounced checks. After working in the schools, I know that they have ways of getting their money that I cannot utilize as an individual (not releasing grades, ineligible to participate in extra curricular events, etc)
2) This is another perk for the school because they get most of their money immediately instead of having to wait for payment. Many people do not realize how long it usually takes for all of the fund raiser money to get turned in by students. Most companies will not give the school their % until they have received all payments. Often it is 2 - 3 months before the school actually gets the $$ from the fundraiser. By then, the school year is half over!

chefann said:
And then you can write that donation off your taxes. :)
And my own personal recommendation is let them know the amount and ask them to have a tax receipt ready for you when you give them the check. I am waiting and hounding a friend for a tax receipt from a show in early June and it is making me a little crazy right now.

pamperedtara said:
I haven't made the transition to P3 yet, but in PP orders placed on your website still have to be keyed into the show by you , they don't automatically show up. Website orders will charge tax & shipping which should come close to the fundraiser price. (see earlier post) You will put in their CC info for the amount charged on the website.

So I would just have to tell them that they wouldn't get their $5 per book on all orders entered on the website. They wouldn't like that, but if they wanted to use the PWS, they'd only get 15% off each book instead of $5 plus 15% of $10. Am I understanding correctly? Just making sure. It sounds like it's a better deal for them if they just collect checks made out to their organization and handle it that way.

LibrarianChef said:
So I would just have to tell them that they wouldn't get their $5 per book on all orders entered on the website. They wouldn't like that, but if they wanted to use the PWS, they'd only get 15% off each book instead of $5 plus 15% of $10. Am I understanding correctly? Just making sure. It sounds like it's a better deal for them if they just collect checks made out to their organization and handle it that way.

If it were me, I wouldn't even bring up the PWS. I like the order form, girl scout cookie style, posted on here... I would just say check/cash only to be collected by the school and cashed out in one certified check from the school or the PTA.

I would definitely make sure that they get their $4. The website is going to charge them shipping & tax on each individual order. So, one cookbook ordered on the web will cost $14.84 (6% tax in KY) if they round up that will be $15, the same that you are charging for the fundraiser. I would enter total orders for each student as one order instead of each individual order (easier to sort when they come in). If you have someone that orders multiple cookbooks on a web order, you may actually be out a few bucks, but the overcharge from combining orders should make up for that.

Let's say that the school had a total of 100 cookbooks sold (hopefully more).
and 20 of those are web orders. Their part should be $400 (@$4 per book)from those orders.

Your show total would be $1000 +tax/shipping.

They will have actually collected $1200 (80 x $15) from students and approx $300 will have been paid to your website. Instead of swapping $80 (what they should get from the web orders) back & forth, I would just deduct the total of what they get to keep from the total that they collected, so they would pay me $800.

I now have their $800 + the $300 via CC on my website.

Hope this makes sense. It isn't really complicated just hard to explain. Long story short. Subtract what they should get to keep from what they collected and you get the rest to add to the CC payments!

Last edited:
dwyerkim said:
If it were me, I wouldn't even bring up the PWS. I like the order form, girl scout cookie style, posted on here... I would just say check/cash only to be collected by the school and cashed out in one certified check from the school or the PTA.

Yeah, the order form would definitely help them out more. But my fundraiser isn't for a school group, it's for a non-profit mother's group. Since we're quite secluded from any big cities, I thought it would be easier to get orders from long-distance families/friends. But it would really cut out a lot of their profit.

And my luck, if I were to promise them $4 or $5 per book then someone would surely get on the website and order 50 books to sell at their own church for our group--leaving me with a lot of money to reimburse them with (out of my own pocket). I can SO see a church or two in this area do that to help our group out--thinking that would make it easier. I was once selling tapes/CDs and someone ordered like 40 of them and went to their church and sold them off to their friends just to help me out in my mission trip fundraiser.

So I'm thinking the same thing--leave the PWS out of this deal. :(

Okay, new question: What's the likelihood of these books getting on backorder? I mean, if a bunch of groups have already committed to doing this fundraiser and we each order several hundred of the same book, that could really get us behind schedule. Has anyone called HO yet to make sure they're ready for a bunch of cookbook fundraiser orders? Just curious. I can call tomorrow, if not.

I assume that they are anticipating a large amount of orders for the cookbooks alrady since they are a guests special but it wouldn't be a bad idea to give them some warning.

Another question... I have never done a fundraiser... how long does it take for the organization to receive their check from The Pampered Chef?

<h2>1. How does the cookbook fundraiser work?</h2><p>The cookbook fundraiser allows organizations to sell Pampered Chef cookbooks at a discounted price and keep a portion of the profits for their cause. The organization purchases the cookbooks at a wholesale price and then sells them at a higher price to raise funds.</p><h2>2. What is the suggested selling price for the cookbooks?</h2><p>The suggested selling price for the cookbooks is $15 each. This allows the organization to make a profit of $5 per cookbook.</p><h2>3. Can individuals participate in the cookbook fundraiser?</h2><p>Yes, individuals can also participate in the cookbook fundraiser. They can purchase cookbooks at the discounted price and resell them at a higher price to raise funds for their chosen cause.</p><h2>4. What type of organizations can benefit from the cookbook fundraiser?</h2><p>The cookbook fundraiser is great for a variety of organizations such as schools, churches, sports teams, and non-profit organizations. It can also be used by individuals looking to raise funds for a specific cause.</p><h2>5. How can I get started with the cookbook fundraiser?</h2><p>To get started with the cookbook fundraiser, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to learn more about the process. We also provide resources and support to help make your fundraiser a success.</p>

1. How does the cookbook fundraiser work?

The cookbook fundraiser allows organizations to sell Pampered Chef cookbooks at a discounted price and keep a portion of the profits for their cause. The organization purchases the cookbooks at a wholesale price and then sells them at a higher price to raise funds.

2. What is the suggested selling price for the cookbooks?

The suggested selling price for the cookbooks is $15 each. This allows the organization to make a profit of $5 per cookbook.

3. Can individuals participate in the cookbook fundraiser?

Yes, individuals can also participate in the cookbook fundraiser. They can purchase cookbooks at the discounted price and resell them at a higher price to raise funds for their chosen cause.

4. What type of organizations can benefit from the cookbook fundraiser?

The cookbook fundraiser is great for a variety of organizations such as schools, churches, sports teams, and non-profit organizations. It can also be used by individuals looking to raise funds for a specific cause.

5. How can I get started with the cookbook fundraiser?

To get started with the cookbook fundraiser, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to learn more about the process. We also provide resources and support to help make your fundraiser a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tfinetwins
  • scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies