• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover a Delicious Way to Raise Funds with Our Cookbook Fundraiser!

In summary, the cookbooks in September are $10 each and the organization will make $5 up front on each cookbook sold. The flyer and letter that were attached detail how to raise funds with this idea. The rewards for 5, 10, 15, and 20 products sold are not specified.
LibrarianChef said:
Remember that I was assuming it was my own donation, not TPC's. Therefore I didn't feel limited to 6 months. :) I'd especially like to have some bookings for next June during any sell-a-thon possibilities. But I also didn't want to say a full 12 months. I'd definitely pay $3 per show for that to this charity organization in a heartbeat. :D
I was thinking we were talking about two different things but as I think about it, I was wrong.

The past host benefit I was talking about it the 60% off host (and host from whom the show was booked) only items but those don't apply on a fundraiser anyway. Fundraisers get the $3 donation instead. Sorry for the confusion.

I love the flyers but they don't fit on the page, I tried landscape and they don't fit. How do you print these out??

I think it's being shut down. It may be an early assessment, but I got a message on my machine today from the supervisor's supervisor asking me to call ASAP so that we could talk. However, by the time I got the message she had already left work.

She didn't say much in the message except that she didn't believe this is something TPC would endorse or encourage because TPC does NOT do cookbook fundraisers only cooking show fundraisers. She said she wanted to talk with me about the points in my email and find out more about the source of the ideas.

It DOES sound like she's very concerned about the snowball effect from such an exciting idea. I assume that just from her voice and care of words--you know, the "oh no, how many people have already sent out information on this idea" kind of voice.

Did anyone else happen to email in to HO with questions (or encouragement) to consider this cookbook fundraiser? Just curious.

Last edited:
When you talk to her, remind her this was an idea that came from a director (see initial post on topic). So, where did that director hear about it? If something like this has already gone throuigh HO (without their knowing it), maybe they would find it easier to okay.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Yikes, I was just about to print out the flyers on this and start sending them out to some daycares. I'm glad I decided to flip to the last page first and read the updates. I guess I had better wait. It would be great if HO would start offering the cookbook fundraisers like they used to. It's too hard to do a fundraiser with a full size catalog and a bunch of kids.

I was going to make up an email too, glad I read the last page first!

Oh crapola!! Ive been watching this thread and waiting for some GOOD news :( what a bummer if they shut this idea down!!

Me too! I already offered it. It hasn't been accepted so I am anxious to see how things go. Couldn't we just add other products to it? It is too difficult for schools to deal with the entire catalog. Maybe I was wrong in thinking it was meant for schools, daycares, even large churches. My MIL belongs a church with over 3000 members...way more than any school. It is starting to sound like the fundraisers don't really help anyone.

In the past we had set products available to fundraisers - not the whole catalog. I wouldn't want to go back to that. That being said, I do think the cookbook fundraiser as outlined (providing HO is okay with it) is a good one.

I love the posters but how can I get them to print? When I print them they are on 2 pages, (cut in half) Is there a way to print them in one single page??

newbietoPC said:
I love the posters but how can I get them to print? When I print them they are on 2 pages, (cut in half) Is there a way to print them in one single page??

I wouldnt go printing them just yet. It looks like maybe HO may not allow the fundraiser. Dont want you to waste a bunch of paper on something you cant use.

stacywhitlow said:
Me too! I already offered it. It hasn't been accepted so I am anxious to see how things go. Couldn't we just add other products to it? It is too difficult for schools to deal with the entire catalog. Maybe I was wrong in thinking it was meant for schools, daycares, even large churches. My MIL belongs a church with over 3000 members...way more than any school. It is starting to sound like the fundraisers don't really help anyone.

They really don't... it is too low of a profit margin to make it attractive to most groups, and I personally wouldn't want to schlep around selling stuff for only 10% profit. A lot of people would rather just make a full donation rather than know that only a few dollars from their purchase is going to be donated. Plus, it doesn't help us as consultants to build our businesses b/c whenever we explain the fundraiser one of the first comments is often "we usually get 50% back." Makes us look cheap. Sorry, negative vent here, I'll be quiet now!:rolleyes:

dwyerkim said:
They really don't... it is too low of a profit margin to make it attractive to most groups, and I personally wouldn't want to schlep around selling stuff for only 10% profit. A lot of people would rather just make a full donation rather than know that only a few dollars from their purchase is going to be donated. Plus, it doesn't help us as consultants to build our businesses b/c whenever we explain the fundraiser one of the first comments is often "we usually get 50% back." Makes us look cheap. Sorry, negative vent here, I'll be quiet now!:rolleyes:

You only said what the rest of us think!!!! I really hope this prompts PC to reevaluate the fundraiser issue.

If PC denies this kind of fundraiser - which it looks like they will and in thinking more about it I can see why, I would hope that either the person who started the thread or Greg would delete it.

I can see people reading the start of it and printing off the flyers and... :eek:

...It sounded like such a good idea and the fact that a director sent it on to their team (I had read it as upper level - reading into things!) made it sound even better. Shows we all need to think things through before jumping on the bandwagon. My bad.

Why can't the order form simply have a notation that states something like:

"*Price includes donation (PC sales price $10.00 + $4.00 donation + $1.00 sales tax & s/h)."

As long as it is disclosed that PC is not offering more than the normal 10-15% fundraiser donation, what's the issue? I would think as long as it is disclosed to the consumer up front, it removes PC from any liability.

And my thinking is that it still could it still be submitted as a fundraiser. Right? They could purchase other products if they wanted. It's just that the cookbooks would get more bang for their buck.

I was thinking the same thing. Since the cookbooks are the guest special, any guest should be able to purchase them right? As long as it was with a show (any type). Not sure how they can say we can't sell the guest special at a fundraiser. The extra $5 is to cover shipping and tax. That was just an easier way to explain to members and then they would not have to figure out the amounts themselves. Right?

okay, i am the one that originally posted it. I have left a message with my director concerning some of these issues. She has returned my call but i missed it and she is now overloaded with school registration as are many of us. I missed our weekly call last night but i am goingo to try and get in touch with her today. This did come from an upline director. From the attachment she provided it looks like she has done this in the past. As soon as i or anyone else hears anything we will share. I am sorry to have caused such an uproar. :eek:

It's not your fault, you were simply passing on info to us! Let us know on the final word from HO. I do think it's a great idea though.

Kodeysmom said:
I am sorry to have caused such an uproar. :eek:

Oh no, girl, you're not to blame. Besides, everyone needs a good roar once in a while. :D

If it came from an upline director, I suppose it's possible that SHE/HE got permission from HO and they just didn't make it public information. So if may help to find out where the idea originated. If someone was already given the "go ahead," it would be good to know because one section of HO might need to talk with another and make a final decision.

I'm actually glad you brought it up because it's gotten a lot of people talking all the way up the ladder. And now it's been brought to HO's attention just how much we'd like something like this. I still haven't spoken with the lady who called me about it yesterday, but as soon as I do, I'll post her response.

This is an incredible opportunity so don't feel like you caused an uproar! Please! As long as HO approves I think we could all have some excellent success with this and also help out organizations in need. I have offered this out already but have not yet heard any official responses. I think it would be ok though if we just make sure that we include that the book is $10.00 plus a $5.00 donation to the organization. In reality that is all it really is! The guests are not spending any more money than they would purchasing it at a show because of tax and shipping anyway! Hopefully we get some good news about this fast! I am too excited to keep worrying... ya know?

Kodeysmom said:
okay, i am the one that originally posted it. I have left a message with my director concerning some of these issues. She has returned my call but i missed it and she is now overloaded with school registration as are many of us. I missed our weekly call last night but i am goingo to try and get in touch with her today. This did come from an upline director. From the attachment she provided it looks like she has done this in the past. As soon as i or anyone else hears anything we will share. I am sorry to have caused such an uproar. :eek:
No one is BLAMING you! We all thought (think) it's a great idea! Hopefully it'll be okay and you'll be the hero but if not don't feel bad at all!

Okay, you know I was thinking about this. My DH is a kindergarten teacher at a private school of about 200+. I was figuring this out that is each kids could sell at least 5 cookbooks, that would be a $10,000 show! Giving the school back $4 per cookbook and the 15% the school would easily get $5,000! HOLY COW!!! Now, I am going to schedule a meeting with his principal and see if she would like to jump on this! Can you imagine the commission from that?!?!?! Seriously! Plus, I that will bump me up to earn Conference for next year!

I realize I will have to call HO to let them know. Would the bulk price really effect things? I like BethCooks4U's idea of donnating $4 per cookbook and using that $1 to cover tax and shipping.

Hmmm, I have a friend that is involved with some of the cancer walks that has to do fundraising to. Oh, the wheels are spinning. I hate to send out another email to my contacts. I have sent out three this month! (Newsletter, open house invite and booking incentive). I guess I could send it out on September 1st. What's nice is that really you can close a September show mid-October or later, so I guess that can give whomever time to collect orders. Thoughts? I think I am going to share this with my cluster!

Leigh0725 said:
Okay, you know I was thinking about this. My DH is a kindergarten teacher at a private school of about 200+. I was figuring this out that is each kids could sell at least 5 cookbooks, that would be a $10,000 show! Giving the school back $4 per cookbook and the 15% the school would easily get $5,000! HOLY COW!!! Now, I am going to schedule a meeting with his principal and see if she would like to jump on this! Can you imagine the commission from that?!?!?! Seriously! Plus, I that will bump me up to earn Conference for next year!

I realize I will have to call HO to let them know. Would the bulk price really effect things? I like BethCooks4U's idea of donnating $4 per cookbook and using that $1 to cover tax and shipping.

Hmmm, I have a friend that is involved with some of the cancer walks that has to do fundraising to. Oh, the wheels are spinning. I hate to send out another email to my contacts. I have sent out three this month! (Newsletter, open house invite and booking incentive). I guess I could send it out on September 1st. What's nice is that really you can close a September show mid-October or later, so I guess that can give whomever time to collect orders. Thoughts? I think I am going to share this with my cluster!

Whoa Nelly....

As of yet, we don't have approval...don't go gung ho until you know...

PAMPEREDCHEFBELL said:
Why can't the order form simply have a notation that states something like:

"*Price includes donation (PC sales price $10.00 + $4.00 donation + $1.00 sales tax & s/h)."

As long as it is disclosed that PC is not offering more than the normal 10-15% fundraiser donation, what's the issue? I would think as long as it is disclosed to the consumer up front, it removes PC from any liability.

And my thinking is that it still could it still be submitted as a fundraiser. Right? They could purchase other products if they wanted. It's just that the cookbooks would get more bang for their buck.

Okay - haven't gotten through the entire thread yet. But hear is another good argument. How is it any different than a guest spending $10 for a cookbook and then donating $5 to RUFTH? They're still paying $15!!!!

Leigh0725 said:
Okay - haven't gotten through the entire thread yet. But hear is another good argument. How is it any different than a guest spending $10 for a cookbook and then donating $5 to RUFTH? They're still paying $15!!!!

Being a Devil's Advocate only here, I'll take that argument.

1. They are paying more than retail to you and it isn't documented in the order. That is "fixing a price" higher than stated retail on the guest special.

2. The $5 goes to the school, but where is the receipt and distribution paperwork to make sure the money is being handled right and goes to the school.

3. If we start this as consultants...how many times will people "bend" the rules for fundraisers and not report them properly.

...kind of relates to when people have a catalog show and call it a cooking one to get an extra $15 or call a fundraiser a cooking show to get more commission or whatever not really true scenarios you put in...

There are many ways to break the rules (people like to say bend so they don't feel guilty) but they were set up for a reason and truly to protect and benefit all involved. Sometimes they do benefit one party more than the other, but with the great benefits PC offers, do you want to keep screwing HO to benefit yourself?

(Note: My reference to yourself is not to you...just throwing out hypothetical arguments here and playing Devil's Advocate.)

OppsYeah, I got a little excited before fully getting through the whole thread. I think that a lot of us here are making good arguments that I don't see how HO couldn't allow this. I think that I will try to call my director on my way home from work to see if there is an upline she can talk to as well. ;)

Leigh0725 said:
Yeah, I got a little excited before fully getting through the whole thread. I think that a lot of us here are making good arguments that I don't see how HO couldn't allow this. I think that I will try to call my director on my way home from work to see if there is an upline she can talk to as well. ;)

I was excited a little after the first page too...then thought it out and thoroughly understand the ramifications and how it can affect HO and us.

I'd say call your upline, that's the best way to push for a change... ;)

janetupnorth said:
Being a Devil's Advocate only here, I'll take that argument.

1. They are paying more than retail to you and it isn't documented in the order. That is "fixing a price" higher than stated retail on the guest special.

2. The $5 goes to the school, but where is the receipt and distribution paperwork to make sure the money is being handled right and goes to the school.

3. If we start this as consultants...how many times will people "bend" the rules for fundraisers and not report them properly.

...kind of relates to when people have a catalog show and call it a cooking one to get an extra $15 or call a fundraiser a cooking show to get more commission or whatever not really true scenarios you put in...

There are many ways to break the rules (people like to say bend so they don't feel guilty) but they were set up for a reason and truly to protect and benefit all involved. Sometimes they do benefit one party more than the other, but with the great benefits PC offers, do you want to keep screwing HO to benefit yourself?

(Note: My reference to yourself is not to you...just throwing out hypothetical arguments here and playing Devil's Advocate.)

I would imagine that there would be some additional work involved with you and the organization you're fundraising for. For my DH, for example, I could provide them with sales receipts in the child's name for cookbooks they purchase. The receipt for the $5 donnation would come from the school. I know having two receipts sucks, but that can be done. They they would have the $5 donnation receipt for their taxes. It gets tricky b/c then the child may get orders from other people besides their parents. The only downfall would be that if there was a problem with the cookbook, neighbor Joe would have to get in contact with the parents to get the receipt information. I think that would be the case for other fundraisers, right? So if I bought from my niece gift wrap and it was damaged, I would go through her to get the necessary information. Maybe I'm wrong here?

I understand there are those that like break the rules. Unfortunately, this is how society is.

Leigh0725 said:
I would imagine that there would be some additional work involved with you and the organization you're fundraising for. For my DH, for example, I could provide them with sales receipts in the child's name for cookbooks they purchase. The receipt for the $5 donnation would come from the school. I know having two receipts sucks, but that can be done. They they would have the $5 donnation receipt for their taxes. It gets tricky b/c then the child may get orders from other people besides their parents. The only downfall would be that if there was a problem with the cookbook, neighbor Joe would have to get in contact with the parents to get the receipt information. I think that would be the case for other fundraisers, right? So if I bought from my niece gift wrap and it was damaged, I would go through her to get the necessary information. Maybe I'm wrong here?

I understand there are those that like break the rules. Unfortunately, this is how society is.
Why would you need two receipts? (If they allow it) Why wouldn't you TELL the guests that they are paying $10 for the cookbook, $1 for shipping and tax and $4 donation to their group for less than normal price of the cookbook ($14.75 +shipping &tax)?

ReceiptIt was in response to JanetUpNorth's comment:

"2. The $5 goes to the school, but where is the receipt and distribution paperwork to make sure the money is being handled right and goes to the school."

I have not done a fundraiser with PC yet, so I'm not sure how the receipts would work.

Kodeysmom said:

No I think that might have been me "bursting the bubble" :eek:
and causing a uproar. Maybe with all the email HO is getting they will finally do something about the FR %'s or give us free reign to offer such FR's in the future.

reba515 said:
Maybe with all the email HO is getting they will finally do something about the FR %'s or give us free reign to offer such FR's in the future.

I really hope they ARE getting a lot of emails. And I hope uplines are being asked to ask about it, too. :)

I don't think people would expect a receipt for the $5 donation from the school. I would not give any receipt - just deal with it if there's a problem but normally that problem would be in the first 30 days not afterwards....

So on my way home from work this evening, I talked with my Director and she said she doesn't see why this wouldn't be a problem. She herself thought this was a great idea. You're not marking up the price of the cookbooks, it just happens that all the orders are cookbooks. The $5 donation doesn't even have to be mentioned to HO. She said the only think HO may be concerned about is the fact that there would be SO many cookbooks on one show. So you would need to be prepared to tell them that you're doing a cookbook fundraiser, not a show, and that they're not being bought for resale. She said that this is common to see during May when consultants do a "pink" stuff fundraiser.

I honestly don't see why HO is upset with this. They're not loosing any money. The only downside would be a lot of cookbooks on backorder. There are three folks I've been in contact with that said if approved, they'll be all over this. I know my DH's school (he's a teacher) could easily sell 500+ cookbooks. So this is my only concern, the bulk order.

still anxiously waiting to see what HO says.....:balloon:

Have we heard anything yet? I am considering just this.... cookbook fundraiser... $10.00 each... any buyers may make a voluntary donation of $5 to the organization. That makes it totally seperate from PC... it's like the organization is utilizing one guest for two types of fundraisers at the same time... one PC (where the org. earns 10 - 15%)... one donation FR (where any money collected goes stratight to the org.)...

Trish1953 said:
When you talk to her, remind her this was an idea that came from a director (see initial post on topic). So, where did that director hear about it? If something like this has already gone throuigh HO (without their knowing it), maybe they would find it easier to okay.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I am a new Director, I got an e-mail from another Director telling about this great fundraiser with specific details from someone who did this type of fundraiser 2 years ago. The Director that I got the e-mail from encouraged me to forward it to all my team (I haven't yet). So it must be going around to everyone!

Brandi2007 said:
Have we heard anything yet? I am considering just this.... cookbook fundraiser... $10.00 each... any buyers may make a voluntary donation of $5 to the organization. That makes it totally seperate from PC... it's like the organization is utilizing one guest for two types of fundraisers at the same time... one PC (where the org. earns 10 - 15%)... one donation FR (where any money collected goes stratight to the org.)...
Yes, I would so like an answer... not that anyone here has control over that! I have a show tomorrow with a lot of public school people, and I am meeting a friend on Tuesday for a kids' playdate--she is already interested in doing it for her MOPS group. Please, HO, throw us a bone here...

janetupnorth said:

I understand changing from catalog to cooking show could be seen as breaking the rules. I have given that benefit for really impressive shows b/c they usually DO incur postage costs and such that the $15 is supposed to cover. Many times they are also bringing a PC recipe into work to encourage sales. Did I go to their home? No, but it's covering the same costs. And for those who let them have the $15 at a cooking show even though they pay for postage and food...is THAT fair?

Changing a fundraiser to a cooking show to get more commission. I'm not really sure how that could be possible. Yes, I get more commission if I submit it as a regular show, but I have to GIVE part of my commission TO the organization. I have done that in the past b/c if I give them my commission plus the host benefits for them to auction off, they raise more money. Is that lying? No. It's not falsifying anything. After all, they are having a fundraiser (which means raising funds) and that's what they do. Yes, they get the bulk from me, but who cares? B/c PC doesn't get to know that there was a fundraiser or benefit from whatever donation they get to claim, I'm "breaking the rules".

janetupnorth said:

I know you are "playing the part" but I feel slammed b/c I rip the rules to shred. I mean break sounds so mild. I'm getting defensive, I know. Mostly b/c it came off a little I'm so good and you are all rule breakers, which is not a bad thing to be. It's actually host most good changes occur.

Personally, I would like to know the break down of fundraisers from PC. I have to assume that the products that they sell are extremely cheap to buy if 15% is the highest percent they can give back. It annoys me b/c it's as though I am the one paying for it since my commission is typically reduced by 8%-17% depending on my commission and the size of the fundraiser. So, if I can figure out a way to help them more, I will.

But, I too, would prefer HO's okay on this. I don't want to do something immoral or illegal. But as we all do...I want to help people as much as I can. I love that my business allows me to donate and organize fundraiser and such. It's a true blessing.

Thank you and good night. I think I need a nap now!:indif: I apologize for the long post and the mini-rant.

Jules711 said:
I understand changing from catalog to cooking show could be seen as breaking the rules. I have given that benefit for really impressive shows b/c they usually DO incur postage costs and such that the $15 is supposed to cover. Many times they are also bringing a PC recipe into work to encourage sales. Did I go to their home? No, but it's covering the same costs. And for those who let them have the $15 at a cooking show even though they pay for postage and food...is THAT fair?

Changing a fundraiser to a cooking show to get more commission. I'm not really sure how that could be possible. Yes, I get more commission if I submit it as a regular show, but I have to GIVE part of my commission TO the organization. I have done that in the past b/c if I give them my commission plus the host benefits for them to auction off, they raise more money. Is that lying? No. It's not falsifying anything. After all, they are having a fundraiser (which means raising funds) and that's what they do. Yes, they get the bulk from me, but who cares? B/c PC doesn't get to know that there was a fundraiser or benefit from whatever donation they get to claim, I'm "breaking the rules".

I know you are "playing the part" but I feel slammed b/c I rip the rules to shred. I mean break sounds so mild. I'm getting defensive, I know. Mostly b/c it came off a little I'm so good and you are all rule breakers, which is not a bad thing to be. It's actually host most good changes occur.

Personally, I would like to know the break down of fundraisers from PC. I have to assume that the products that they sell are extremely cheap to buy if 15% is the highest percent they can give back. It annoys me b/c it's as though I am the one paying for it since my commission is typically reduced by 8%-17% depending on my commission and the size of the fundraiser. So, if I can figure out a way to help them more, I will.

But, I too, would prefer HO's okay on this. I don't want to do something immoral or illegal. But as we all do...I want to help people as much as I can. I love that my business allows me to donate and organize fundraiser and such. It's a true blessing.

Thank you and good night. I think I need a nap now!:indif: I apologize for the long post and the mini-rant.

Note my disclaimer once again...I was posting from a purely objective/hypothetical view and trying to portray what a "corporation" would say to all of us.

Do I agree with all the fundraiser rates, etc.? No, I personally think it is hardly worth doing one for some organizations. I would encourage people to have a home show, use their host benefits and get stuff cheap then go raffle it off for their organization... The fundraiser program/benefits needs some work.

Also, the difference between cooking/catalog. I know HO is trying to reward the hosts because they know we get more business out of a cooking show. Personally, I think a cooking show is easier for a host than a catalog show because for a catalog show, the host has to really work to get their sales vs. us standing up there selling for them and having the "peer pressure" of friends around buying.

Rant away, but if we have so many people with so many complaints, they should be directed to HO or upline for consideration.

Leigh0725 said:
So on my way home from work this evening, I talked with my Director and she said she doesn't see why this wouldn't be a problem. She herself thought this was a great idea. You're not marking up the price of the cookbooks, it just happens that all the orders are cookbooks. The $5 donation doesn't even have to be mentioned to HO. She said the only think HO may be concerned about is the fact that there would be SO many cookbooks on one show. So you would need to be prepared to tell them that you're doing a cookbook fundraiser, not a show, and that they're not being bought for resale. She said that this is common to see during May when consultants do a "pink" stuff fundraiser.

I honestly don't see why HO is upset with this. They're not loosing any money. The only downside would be a lot of cookbooks on backorder. There are three folks I've been in contact with that said if approved, they'll be all over this. I know my DH's school (he's a teacher) could easily sell 500+ cookbooks. So this is my only concern, the bulk order.

I'm still anxious to "see" HO's response. This seems to be the point of contention between the "I don't see a problem" and "I'm not sure if HO will like this."

The argument is the price isn't being marked up because normally they are $14.75 + S/H + tax. However, you will be combining to reduce S/H (where HO tries to make enough to cover S/H on heavier stuff) and you are not telling them (depending on your flyers) that you can go to any consultant who has an open show and get them for $10 that month...that's where I think HO would have the issue.

I still like the idea, just hope HO finds a way to let everyone do it...still waiting...

You know... a little off topic to the current issue, but if PC re-did all this and did a targetted cookbook fundraiser... even if it was for just one month out of the year to coincide with when they make it a special... anyway, if they did that, they could ship media mail and then they wouldn't even have the possibility of being out on s/h. Just a thought I had. What was the old fundraiser program, out of curiosity?

dwyerkim said:
What was the old fundraiser program, out of curiosity?
The old cookbook FR included 2 comb-bound books that sold for $10 or 12 (can't remember exactly). The group would order them in cases for half that amount.

The old product FR was a group of pre-selected products, selected because they were top-sellers and would be easy to deliver. They were marked up some from the regular catalog, if I recall. I think they had a 40% return for the group.

Hey everyone! Just touching base and letting everyone know that I heard back from the original HO supervisor today (after I emailed her asking for HER supervisor's name since it was muffled on my answering machine). She did give me her direct number but also told me that the supervisor would be following up with me NEXT week. I'm not sure if that means she wants me to not call her today or that she's out of the office or that they're still thinking about it or WHAT.

This is what I'm thinking~everyone who is invested in this idea, please write to HO today. Give your reasons why you hope this will be approved--do you already have groups lined up who would be interested? How many? Do you know of other's who are doing this fundraiser? Just kindly list, for their review, why you're hoping this will go through. I feel a tad bit alone on this and I think it would help if a large number of people were asking instead of just me and my director. ;) This weekend is the perfect time to start emailing so that when the higher-ups come in on Monday, they realize this idea has travelled far and wide. It would be nice if a few organizations could write in, too, to ask if this fundraiser will be available. Are any of you part of an organization who would do this fundraiser?

Also, PLEASE be sure to tell your Directors and Exec. Directors to ask their supervisors. I understand that they usually go through Field Services for questions like this. I'm assuming, of course, that the more people who ask about it (and share that they've heard about the idea through other consultants or their directors), the more possibility that it will be considered.

Last edited:
Please don't think that you are the only one that is in this boat! I think this is on alot of people's minds and emails. I am popping in quite frequently on this post to see what the discussion is and if the HO has responded yet. I am getting so antsy, because I am the vice-president of our UMW (United Methodist Women) group, in with the Relay For Life groups, a Food Bank Coordinator through Pampered Chef, and definitely in with the schools and Boy/Girl Scouts, and could probably find even more groups and organizations to contact. I am very excited about this idea, since I too think our Fundraiser program SUCKS! It is one this to pretty much screw us on our commission, but when you have to stand there and tell an group of people that is trying to raise money for a good cause that they will only get 10-15% of the show sales back to their group and expect them to jump on board without thinking twice....you're kidding right? I realize that if you give the group or org. part of your commission that it can be a tax write-off, but we are already getting the shaft and shouldn't have to commit any much more. It just burns my butt when my kid's come home from AWANAS saying they have to sell x-amount of donuts in order for the group to have enough money to get games and things with. Last year I just wanted to donate money to keep the fat off the streets.lol Here America is preaching our kids are fat (Mine are not because I am health and food conscience) and the church is asking them to go out and sell donuts because it brings more money back to the group. Go figure!!! I could soooo push this Cookbook fundraiser to alot of groups. You bet I will be emailing HO, because I am not getting answers quickly enough from the person I have been talking to there.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Proud supporter of change in our Fundraiser department!!!!!

Come to think of it...I was just looking at my Best Show info at the side, and that came from a Relay For Life fundraiser from a hopsital last year. That was a really great month from RFL fundraisers being over $5k and I remember giving most of my commission to them as little rewards to the best seller, ect. thinking "Boy, wouldn't this be nice to have full com. rate?" I fixed up alot of packet for all the members (I did 4 different RFL groups that same month) and not many of my catalogs came back, and I was out quite a bit on printing for all of the packets and supplies.

batroark said:
Please don't think that you are the only one that is in this boat! I think this is on alot of people's minds and emails. I am popping in quite frequently on this post to see what the discussion is and if the HO has responded yet. I am getting so antsy, because I am the vice-president of our UMW (United Methodist Women) group, in with the Relay For Life groups, a Food Bank Coordinator through Pampered Chef, and definitely in with the schools and Boy/Girl Scouts, and could probably find even more groups and organizations to contact. I am very excited about this idea, since I too think our Fundraiser program SUCKS! It is one this to pretty much screw us on our commission, but when you have to stand there and tell an group of people that is trying to raise money for a good cause that they will only get 10-15% of the show sales back to their group and expect them to jump on board without thinking twice....you're kidding right? I realize that if you give the group or org. part of your commission that it can be a tax write-off, but we are already getting the shaft and shouldn't have to commit any much more. It just burns my butt when my kid's come home from AWANAS saying they have to sell x-amount of donuts in order for the group to have enough money to get games and things with. Last year I just wanted to donate money to keep the fat off the streets.lol Here America is preaching our kids are fat (Mine are not because I am health and food conscience) and the church is asking them to go out and sell donuts because it brings more money back to the group. Go figure!!! I could soooo push this Cookbook fundraiser to alot of groups. You bet I will be emailing HO, because I am not getting answers quickly enough from the person I have been talking to there.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Proud supporter of change in our Fundraiser department!!!!!

Angela, I'm so glad to hear you're contacting HO, too. :balloon: WOOHOO! I certainly don't think I'm the only one in this boat. But I DID worry that no one else was going to write in to the solution center asking the same questions and giving good reasons for the idea. I'm thrilled that that's not the case. :D

As it stands, I'm still on HOLD for now. They've put me through to the manager of the solution center (I only had the supervisor before, but this is the supervisor's manager), but I was told today that she'd follow up with me next week sometime--no new news. :( I'm hoping against hope that this means they're considering the whole thing. She said on my machine that she wanted all of the details and wanted to know who else knows about this and maybe see where its roots are, etc. I really don't know, but I know it has travelled far and wide. I would jump on it in a HEARTBEAT if they say yes.

Last edited:
I'm a newbie, but really want to do this fundraiser too, what's the easiest/best way to contact HO? I'll send them something TODAY!

who should we email?What department would handle this? Who should we send the email to? I am glad to send one as I think this will benefit SO many folks!

batroark said:
I too think our Fundraiser program SUCKS! It is one this to pretty much screw us on our commission

PC has made it very, very clear that we ARE NOT a Fund-Raising company!!!! The cookbook fund-raiser from back in the day and the product fr a few years ago obviously did not work out well for consultants or the company so they did away with them.

Most other DS companies who offer FRs have exclusive catalogs for the FR and their prices are INFLATED to cover the cost of the donation. I just ordered from at Tupperware FR catalog which had 14 items in it. 14! And then went online and saw the price of the same item I ordered. Since I placed the order on the FR, it was 75% higher than the standard catalog price. The donation? 35%. Hmmmm.... Where does the other 40% go?

PC won't inflate prices for FRs, therefore consultants eat half of the donation and PC eats the other half. It's not ideal but it's done that way to protect all parties involved.

Please be sure that HO has thought all of this through and if there was a great way to offer a FR program that would benefit everyone... consultants, the company and the organization, they would offer it. They really do keep out best interests at heart. It is what it is... they are so good to us in so many way and if anyone has been with any other DS company (or other corporation for that matter), you know how good we have it. It bums me out to read our own consultants bashing PC.

Ok, Colleen. I see your point as well. I have been with PC for nearly 3 years now and I am not trying to be hateful about this. But I would much rather see us helping a group or org. successfully (and honestly for some of you)with the people knowing that they have gotten some great quality products that will last and have a warranty than some wrapping paper or donuts that is worthless. I think that would boost the interest or support from some of the people out there. :confused: It is just embarrassing to me to tell them they will only get 10-15% back from their efforts.:confused:

<h2>1. How does the cookbook fundraiser work?</h2><p>The cookbook fundraiser allows organizations to sell Pampered Chef cookbooks at a discounted price and keep a portion of the profits for their cause. The organization purchases the cookbooks at a wholesale price and then sells them at a higher price to raise funds.</p><h2>2. What is the suggested selling price for the cookbooks?</h2><p>The suggested selling price for the cookbooks is $15 each. This allows the organization to make a profit of $5 per cookbook.</p><h2>3. Can individuals participate in the cookbook fundraiser?</h2><p>Yes, individuals can also participate in the cookbook fundraiser. They can purchase cookbooks at the discounted price and resell them at a higher price to raise funds for their chosen cause.</p><h2>4. What type of organizations can benefit from the cookbook fundraiser?</h2><p>The cookbook fundraiser is great for a variety of organizations such as schools, churches, sports teams, and non-profit organizations. It can also be used by individuals looking to raise funds for a specific cause.</p><h2>5. How can I get started with the cookbook fundraiser?</h2><p>To get started with the cookbook fundraiser, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to learn more about the process. We also provide resources and support to help make your fundraiser a success.</p>

1. How does the cookbook fundraiser work?

The cookbook fundraiser allows organizations to sell Pampered Chef cookbooks at a discounted price and keep a portion of the profits for their cause. The organization purchases the cookbooks at a wholesale price and then sells them at a higher price to raise funds.

2. What is the suggested selling price for the cookbooks?

The suggested selling price for the cookbooks is $15 each. This allows the organization to make a profit of $5 per cookbook.

3. Can individuals participate in the cookbook fundraiser?

Yes, individuals can also participate in the cookbook fundraiser. They can purchase cookbooks at the discounted price and resell them at a higher price to raise funds for their chosen cause.

4. What type of organizations can benefit from the cookbook fundraiser?

The cookbook fundraiser is great for a variety of organizations such as schools, churches, sports teams, and non-profit organizations. It can also be used by individuals looking to raise funds for a specific cause.

5. How can I get started with the cookbook fundraiser?

To get started with the cookbook fundraiser, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to learn more about the process. We also provide resources and support to help make your fundraiser a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tfinetwins
  • scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies