• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover a Delicious Way to Raise Funds with Our Cookbook Fundraiser!

In summary, the cookbooks in September are $10 each and the organization will make $5 up front on each cookbook sold. The flyer and letter that were attached detail how to raise funds with this idea. The rewards for 5, 10, 15, and 20 products sold are not specified.
The check usually arrives within a couple days of the products.

not to burst any bubblesI had thought about doing this exact thing last year only they weren't already on sale so they would have been $20 each (which I would have no problem paying at B&N for a book be it a novel or cookbook)

So the org. would have made a $4.25 profit on each book sold (lots of little details worked out to make up for s/h & tax)

Anyway I decided I should call HO just in case they might wonder why this FR has only cookbooks and question me after the fact. They said that I could not do this kind of FR by marking up the product. (I called twice just to see if I got the same answer ;) )

So before you offer I would just check with HO.

Because this is a awesome idea and the organizations could make a huge profit!

chefann said:
The check usually arrives within a couple days of the products.

Thanks ann!

reba515 said:
I had thought about doing this exact thing last year only they weren't already on sale so they would have been $20 each (which I would have no problem paying at B&N for a book be it a novel or cookbook)

So the org. would have made a $4.25 profit on each book sold (lots of little details worked out to make up for s/h & tax)

Anyway I decided I should call HO just in case they might wonder why this FR has only cookbooks and question me after the fact. They said that I could not do this kind of FR by marking up the product. (I called twice just to see if I got the same answer ;) )

:eek: :eek: This has me a little worried since I have already offered it!:eek: :eek: So are we sure we can really do this? I have sent the emails out to potentials so I better make sure.:confused:

reba515 said:
I had thought about doing this exact thing last year only they weren't already on sale so they would have been $20 each (which I would have no problem paying at B&N for a book be it a novel or cookbook)

But, to play devil's advocate here... how would HO know what customers actually paid? Technically, you (the consultant) are not marking up the product... the organization is--you (the consultant) will never actually see/touch that extra $4 or $5--the group collects it and then pays you the $10 per book. Maybe the technical way of saying it is the organization is selling cookbooks for $10 with a $4 or $5 donation to their cause. (geesh I sound like a lawyer or a politician with all this spin!)

If home office questioned why you did a fundraiser with just cookbooks, the short answer is that it is a simpler way of doing a fundraiser b/c the product selection is limited, they are easy to sort and deliver, and they are on sale to start with. All of which is true... ;)

very true Kimberly. :)

Reading through some of this thread makes me think PC should revisit a cookbook fundraiser program like the on they use to have

reba515 said:
They said that I could not do this kind of FR by marking up the product. (I called twice just to see if I got the same answer ;) )

I definitely would contact HO, first. In addition to being concerned about out-of-stock books, I'd want to make absolutely sure this could fall under fundraiser. Some consultants have already started this process after taking their directors lead, so hopefully it will all work out for everyone. Technically we wouldn't be marking up their original price, we just wouldn't be offering the September special that marks down their original price. I wonder if that makes any difference. :confused:

I, too, think HO will have something to say about this..2 years ago, when the help whip cancer items were available in May...I contacted the HO to make sure I was going about things correctly. I was told by 3 different people that I was not allowed to turn in a complete show with just "guest specials" on it...the guest specials were specifically for the customers who order through a show and should be offered to them that way..we went round and round and I was very frustrated with it all. I explained, "what if the customers attended the show or ordered from a book show, and all they ordered were the guest specials?" They didn't have an exact comment or answer for that but said they would not accept a show with just all guest specials on it...so I would check this out with HO first to be sure! Maybe they have changed things since, since we have had "order forms" from CS here where we went out and took orders for Cancer products.

That is where I think having the PWS would be a good thing. Anyone can order ANYTHING from the sight and the organization would make 15% of that PLUS if that customer ordered one of the cookbooks they would make an additonal $4 or $5 (whatever profit amount you decide). This way the whole show most likely won't be JUST guest specials

What if to get around the no "guest special" only shows you picked something else that was fairly inexpensive to put on the order form with the books, like the bamboo spoon set or something. Chances are at least SOME of those orders would have the spoon set on them. As long as the org. knows that the $4/$5 only came from the cookbook sales and the spoons got the 15% would that work?
I've never done a fundraiser, but would LOVE to do this for a church that has TONS of potential to really help them, and me of course.

maybe even put something a little closer to the $10 price so people don't JUST buy the other product and not the cookbook.

smspamperedchef said:
That is where I think having the PWS would be a good thing. Anyone can order ANYTHING from the sight and the organization would make 15% of that PLUS if that customer ordered one of the cookbooks they would make an additonal $4 or $5 (whatever profit amount you decide). This way the whole show most likely won't be JUST guest specials

I thought someone said if people order cookbooks on our PWS then we cannot make the $5 profit because it would only charge them $10 per book. I'd be nervous that word would travel fast (in this small town, it does) that they could get online and buy a bunch of them for a fraction of the fundraiser cost. KWIM?

So, is anyone going to call HO on this? I would hate to do this kind of a fundraiser and have it blow up in my face at the end. I was prepared to start putting out written publicity on this and now I'm concerned...

I went ahead and told my prospective fundraisers that it was a guest special next month at a lower price, but by keeping it at the regular price that was how they could raise more for their org. They didn't seem upset or annoyed that they could get it cheaper, but saw it as a good opportunity. You could even put a small disclaimer at the bottom of the order form saying it was available on guest special and the difference in price is a donation to the org. Of course, I've never done a fundraiser, so I really don't know too much about any part of it! =)

LibrarianChef said:
I thought someone said if people order cookbooks on our PWS then we cannot make the $5 profit because it would only charge them $10 per book. I'd be nervous that word would travel fast (in this small town, it does) that they could get online and buy a bunch of them for a fraction of the fundraiser cost. KWIM?

If they order through a show on PWS then you have to manually enter it and at that time I would call the individual customers to explain why the amount being charged on their credit card was different from what they were told on the website. If they ordered the cookbooks through the "cooks library" they would wonder at the $14.95 price and the shipping charges that show at the end. If they ordered through the guest special link then they would be confused as to why it said $10 a cookbook instead of $15 a cookbook.

karlene said:
I, too, think HO will have something to say about this..2 years ago, when the help whip cancer items were available in May...I contacted the HO to make sure I was going about things correctly. I was told by 3 different people that I was not allowed to turn in a complete show with just "guest specials" on it...the guest specials were specifically for the customers who order through a show and should be offered to them that way..we went round and round and I was very frustrated with it all. I explained, "what if the customers attended the show or ordered from a book show, and all they ordered were the guest specials?" They didn't have an exact comment or answer for that but said they would not accept a show with just all guest specials on it...so I would check this out with HO first to be sure! Maybe they have changed things since, since we have had "order forms" from Chef Success here where we went out and took orders for Cancer products.

I believe they made a change a little before I joined PC on the guest order options. For a long time they were only available to those that were shopping through a show. But now they are frequently available to online individual orders also. I suspect that change makes a difference as to whether a customer could only order a guest special.

I totally agree that someone actually planning on doing this should call HO and talk with a supervisor to make sure it is ok to do. I love the idea.

Thank you for this awesome idea. Who will you contact? Daycares? Schools or sports departments of schools? Other ideas? Thanks.(and please post HO response if you call them)...BEE

I really want to do this...but I called Home Office and they said the mark up wasn't allowed.

chef jama said:
I really want to do this...but I called Home Office and they said the mark up wasn't allowed.

Jama, did you call them today to ask?

So if the price mark-up is their only concern, then it sounds like they were fine with us just selling the special for a fundraiser. Hmmm, interesting. So if the non-profit were to set the price as a $10 + $5 donation (not our price, but the group's price) and at the end just pay us the $10 per cookbook as the show is submitted, it sounds like it might work. I know, I know, it's all semantics.

I may have some time tomorrow to email my only supervisor connection ;) and clarify on the "specials" and price setting.

LibrarianChef said:
I may have some time tomorrow to email my only supervisor connection ;) and clarify on the "specials" and price setting.
Please do. I've been trying to get a FR with a group my sister's involved in, and this would be perfect for them! But I'd hate to get in trouble with HO.

chefann said:
Please do. I've been trying to get a FR with a group my sister's involved in, and this would be perfect for them! But I'd hate to get in trouble with HO.

I know, can you imagine submitting like 1000 cookbook orders taken from far and wide only to have it returned to you by HO as "not allowed". :eek: I would want to make absolutely sure that it would work. If it didn't, it would really hurt each of our reputations after the group put in all of that work getting orders. And then having to contact each buyer and refund their money. :eek:

Just say the price includes tax & shipping charges. ($4 shipping + 0.84 tax @ 6%) That's $14.84. RUFTH and you get the $15.

If anyone talks to any supervisors about specifics please post, I would be really interested how HO would handle it if we had millions of cookbook orders across the nation from these fundraisers. It's such a good idea! I'm just hoping we can all get a real answer before we start all this. I'm so afraid I would submit it, then have to tell the customer....sorry or that the books would be so back-ordered from all the activity

LibrarianChef said:

Would you please email me HO's response? I want to know this info before I get in touch with my nephew's band teacher! Thanks, [email protected]

Carlee Spradlin said:
If anyone talks to any supervisors about specifics please post, I would be really interested how HO would handle it if we had millions of cookbook orders across the nation from these fundraisers. It's such a good idea! I'm just hoping we can all get a real answer before we start all this. I'm so afraid I would submit it, then have to tell the customer....sorry or that the books would be so back-ordered from all the activity

I agree. Of course, since this is the September special, they're probably expecting a large number of orders already. But if 100+ cookbook fundraisers are conducted across the nation during the month of September, that would dramatically increase the number of normal sales. Okay, kiddos are about to wake from their nap. I'm working on getting my words just right. Whatever response I get, I want it in WRITING. That's why I'd especially prefer email. KWIM? :)

I am curious to see what HO says because the last time the cookbooks were on sale like this a friend was thinking of doing a fundraiser in a similiar way and she called and asked they said No. I do not remember details but I know she was told she could not do it.

Now my question, is why not offer other products too. Maybe not discounted but it would go toward their 15% made which would also help them to get over $600

I don't say this to burst any bubbles but I just don't want you to get excited and have something happen. I certainly hope it will go through because I have some people who I would love to approach.

Oh, on the 50 products ordered....

It is 50 of any one product in one show. I have had this happen a couple times and even when I do tell PC ahead of time, I have received an e-mail as a follow up from HO to make sure the product isn't being used as re-sale or for commercial use in any way. I respond with what they were being used for and they accepted the order.

Okay, I feel like such a dumb-dumb. Is the solution center the same as HO? :eek:

chef_kimmo said:
I am curious to see what HO says because the last time the cookbooks were on sale like this a friend was thinking of doing a fundraiser in a similiar way and she called and asked they said No. I do not remember details but I know she was told she could not do it.

Now my question, is why not offer other products too. Maybe not discounted but it would go toward their 15% made which would also help them to get over $600

I don't say this to burst any bubbles but I just don't want you to get excited and have something happen. I certainly hope it will go through because I have some people who I would love to approach.

Speaking for myself, what is exciting about the idea of the cookbook fundraiser is the profit margin for a group. If I do it, I planned to set it at $15 per book plus $1 s/h... if the group tops $600 in sales (ie sells 60+ books), they would make 5 per book immediately plus 1.50 per book after PC kicks in the fundraiser portion (15%), for a total of 6.50 per book, or a 43% profit. I have spoken with a lot of groups in the past that have told me they only consider FR opportunities with a 50% profit margin. Yes, I know that is all overpriced chocolate and gift wrap that we could all buy at the dollar store, but trying to explain that to a bureaucratic organization that has it's policies already set in stone is about as effective as banging your head on a brick wall. Soooooo, I personally wouldn't want to offer them the full catalog and have to explain why they only get 15% on everything else, I'd rather they focus their energy on selling one type of product with a few variations and doing it well. Plus, the whole order form idea is so much simpler to share with a group that may send 20 core supporters "into the trenches" to collect orders--keep it easy for them and they can just focus on collecting the money.

I am also waiting with baited breath to hear what HO says. Fingers crossed!

Okay, email sent to HO. It's long, but has things outlined (like bullets) on specifics (making sure to word things carefully to avoid breaking policies). I sent it to a supervisor that helped me out a great deal a couple months ago. She actually helped me challenge a policy with the legal department and HAD IT OVERTURNED on my behalf.

I believe she has the consultant's/director's needs at heart and if there's a way to make this work, she will hopefully be the one willing to assist. I'll be terribly disappointed if I get a quick, generic response back.

I'll be happy to share what I learn. Just pray that it's good news! :D

LibrarianChef said:
Okay, email sent to HO. It's long, but has things outlined (like bullets) on specifics (making sure to word things carefully to avoid breaking policies). I sent it to a supervisor that helped me out a great deal a couple months ago. She actually helped me challenge a policy with the legal department and HAD IT OVERTURNED on my behalf.

I believe she has the consultant's/director's needs at heart and if there's a way to make this work, she will hopefully be the one willing to assist. I'll be terribly disappointed if I get a quick, generic response back.

Would that be the situation I gave you some info about?

ChefBeckyD said:
Would that be the situation I gave you some info about?

Heh! Heh! Yeppers. Not to hijack this thread, but for everyone who doesn't know what we're talking about, it was over a name issue (using a name other than your legal name). They told me it was a legal issue and it took about a month of arguing between two or three sections of the company. Legal said it was impossible to make allowances. My director even got involved with all of her connections. I believe the three sections were the Solution Center, the Legal Department, and the Sales Department. Ultimately after the entire debate on whether business owners have the right to use whatever "public" name they choose, they finally changed the policy. Having your and others information and "story" was definitely beneficial during the debate. ;)

You know, it's kinda like how when PWS started and consultants could use whatever name they wanted (i.e. chef4u, thechefwithin, etc.) and now it's written into policy that all NEW consultants have to use their name in the website address. Another one of those "how's this fair" policies for those starting in the last few months. :rolleyes: I feel another debate coming on. ;)

Okay...back to the topic at hand. I'm waiting anxiously for a response from HO. It probably won't be until tomorrow or maybe even Thursday if it's being run by all of the other higher-ups and departments. :cool:

LibrarianChef said:
Heh! Heh! Yeppers. Not to hijack this thread, but for everyone who doesn't know what we're talking about, it was over a name issue (using a name other than your legal name). They told me it was a legal issue and it took about a month of arguing between two or three sections of the company. Legal said it was impossible to make allowances. My director even got involved with all of her connections. I believe the three sections were the Solution Center, the Legal Department, and the Sales Department. Ultimately after the entire debate on whether business owners have the right to use whatever "public" name they choose, they finally changed the policy. Having your and others information and "story" was definitely beneficial during the debate. ;)

You know, it's kinda like how when PWS started and consultants could use whatever name they wanted (i.e. chef4u, thechefwithin, etc.) and now it's written into policy that all NEW consultants have to use their name in the website address. Another one of those "how's this fair" policies for those starting in the last few months. :rolleyes: I feel another debate coming on. ;)

Okay...back to the topic at hand. I'm waiting anxiously for a response from HO. It probably won't be until tomorrow or maybe even Thursday if it's being run by all of the other higher-ups and departments. :cool:

Very interesting - especially considering my PWS address is /cookinwithbecky. That was one of the reasons I wanted my info changed on all my info at HO.......funny thing is though, at NC, my name in small letters was "Becky", but the large name on my nametag STILL said "Rebecca"!:rolleyes:

LibrarianChef said:

Thank you for taking the time to email on everyone's behalf. I will keep my fingers crossed!

I can't wait to hear the response. I really want to promote this, but not at the expense of getting into trouble!

I finally found this thread & I can't wait to hear the HO response! This could be a wonderful thing to share with organizations:) I'm dying to hear what they say!

Assuming this is approved (who knows at this point) will you all be saying "after your fundraiser reaches $900, The Pampered Chef will kick in an additional 10%" or maybe even just say TPC will kick in another $1.50 per cookbook to avoid percentages altogether? In other words, if I tell them $600 they may not understand that's only on the $10 (not the $15). And if I tell them they get an additional 15% they may think that's on the $15 instead of the $10. I'm just trying to simplify things as much as possible.

Also, what is the normal commission on a fundraiser?

Commission on fundraisers is 15% or 17%, depending on whether you've reached $15k career sales.

chefann said:
Commission on fundraisers is 15% or 17%, depending on whether you've reached $15k career sales.

Thanks, Ann!!!! :D

No, I haven't heard back, yet, but I just want to type out what I'm understanding so that if/when they call, I can properly respond to policy concerns. Last time I emailed in a detailed question, a supervisor called me back. I want to be ready this time. Let me know if I'm missing an important point from what all of you have shared.

1) The cookbooks which are normally $14.75 are on special this September for $10. The consultant lets the non-profit group know of the special offer and allows them to set a price including the $10 plus a donated amount (for example, to simplify things, the group may say that each cookbook is $15 which includes each person's shipping, tax, and a donation to the non-profit organization). If someone ordered 4 cookbooks then the extra shipping per book would, of course, be their donated amount.

2) The fundraiser would need to start in the last few days of September (or even the very last day) for it to qualify as a September fundraiser, but it would need to mainly be in the month of October and submitted before the end of October. This way, anyone who went to a cooking show in October during the fundraiser (or even to the main pampered chef website) would see the price of the cookbooks still as $14.75 + $4/$6 shipping + tax. Therefore, they wouldn't be confused over pricing difference or worried about price mark-up). In other words, there's no way they could get the books any cheaper from the company in October. And by submitting our shows before October 31st, the show would still qualify as a September show since they started in the last day or two of September.

3) The organization must indicate on the order forms that part of the total cost is a donation to their group so that there are no questions on price and no "price hiking" or "price mark up" concerns. The cost will, inevitably, include a donation to their group. This is obvious in most fundraisers as the buyer knows they group is making some sort of profit, but by openly stating the included "donation" they're making absolutely sure that the customer KNOWS this.

4) Only cookbooks will be offered in this fundraiser because it 1) limits the number of items to look at by large numbers of people, 2) limits the number of full catalogs to be circulating, and 3) limits the money amounts we're working with ( i.e. $15 X 6 is easier for children and parents to work with than lots of different numbers and tax brackets).

5) All checks/cash is given to the non-profit organization by the guests/donors and the non-profit company submits a final check to the consultant for the total plus shipping/tax while the consultant pays for the entire show on their PC debit card. They get most of their profit immediately.

6) If the show reaches at least $600 (at $15 per cookbook that equates to $900) then the group will also receive $1.50 for every cookbook sold (15% of the regular $10 cost or 10% of the $15 cost). Then the consultant may opt to throw in their own commission and receive a tax deduction receipt.

7) Another suggestion to help promote Pampered Chef cooking shows was for the consultant to throw in $3 per cooking show booked from the fundraiser (if the show is held within 6-8 months of the fundraiser).

8) Although cookbooks are the main focus of this fundraiser, guests/donors might also be asked if they'd like to see a PC catalog or visit the main website. Members of the fundraiser group could also be encouraged to peruse the regular Fall catalog and add it to this fundraiser since 15% of it would come back to their group.

That's all I have...anything else?

The only two things people heard from HO in the past when asking about this was 1) You can't mark-up a price -- which (a) doing this in October and (b) telling them it's a partial donation should fix -- and 2) You can't only sell the guest special -- so we'd encourage the fundraising group to purchase other items since 15% of those sales would also come back to them. Either way, it appears both of the HO concerns have been properly remedied in the numbered items above. I'm VERY eager to hear back on this!!!!

#7 is thrown in from HO on all bookings on fundraisers already. We dont have to do this ourselves.

Otherwise, very thorough. Thanks!

LibrarianChef said:
7) Another suggestion to help promote Pampered Chef cooking shows was for the consultant to throw in $3 per cooking show booked from the fundraiser (if the show is held within 6-8 months of the fundraiser).
Why are you saying the booking can be held within 6-8 months of the fundraiser? What am I missing?

They only count if it's within 6 months of the show date which in your example is September so actually 5 months from when these people are placing their orders.

I believe that PC will reject this idea. Anything that has to be thought out so much is not usually accepted. Sounds like we are trying to get by with something here. I know the thought is to help an organization get more money but I don't see PC going along with it.

When I first saw this idea I thought "how clever! I need to do this too" but the more I think about it the more I feel it is not going to be approved.

Hope I'm wrong.

I did email HO on what to do if I wanted a large quantity of one product and here was their response:Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. It is considered a large quantity order when one customer orders more than 50 of any one item. If this occurs you must contact the Solution Center with the total quantity of the item requested, state the intended use for these items and the address where the items are to be shipped. Once we have this information we will be able to better assist you.So, it seems to me that there wouldn't be a problem if we put 10 cookbooks on each order. For example, tax here is 6%. $10 cookbook = $0.60 tax. $15 per cookbook = $10 cost + $0.60 tax + $0.40 shipping + $4 donation. 10 cookbooks on each order would cover the $4 shipping and HO isn't out a bunch of shipping costs.

chefann said:
#7 is thrown in from HO on all bookings on fundraisers already. We dont have to do this ourselves.

Otherwise, very thorough. Thanks!

Ah ha! I didn't understand that suggestion originally. I thought consultants were donating $3 to the non-profit organization out of the goodness of their heart. I would!! :D

BethCooks4U said:
Why are you saying the booking can be held within 6-8 months of the fundraiser? What am I missing?

They only count if it's within 6 months of the show date which in your example is September so actually 5 months from when these people are placing their orders.

Beth, see above. Just call me a newbie. :eek: I was just going to donate the funds to my particular charity group once the show went through. I didn't even realize that TPC already donated $3 per booking. I'm still in my first 90 days here.

BethCooks4U said:
When I first saw this idea I thought "how clever! I need to do this too" but the more I think about it the more I feel it is not going to be approved.

You're not alone. I think we all feel they won't like it and may swiftly put their foot down. Maybe because they fear that the public will always expect such a high rate of return in the future or maybe because it wasn't their own idea/intention or for some other reason we aren't yet aware of with our limited view of the BIG picture.

At this point, I think the only thing this idea really has going for it is the snowball effect that has already been put in motion. Directors have notified their clusters of the idea and consultants/directors have already started this fundraiser process by offering it to a variety of organizations (once they truly felt it wasn't breaking any policies). HO may be getting emails and calls asking permission to do the same thing. Depending on how far the news has spread since the September specials were released, they could possibly even be hearing from organizations asking how they can get in on this new cookbook fundraiser idea. They know that all they have to do is say "no" to stop all of the excitement. As crazy as it sounds, that snowball effect could be the only reason to allow this. That's why I sorta hope I'm not the only one who sent in a careful explanation (with questions) to the solution center or field services or to our uplines, etc. Actually, I *know* I'm not the only one who sent it in to HO because another personal friend of mine (from my own cluster) told me that she did the same thing and is waiting for a response.

LibrarianChef said:
You're not alone. I think we all feel they won't like it and may swiftly put their foot down. Maybe because they fear that the public will always expect such a high rate of return in the future or maybe because it wasn't their own idea/intention or for some other reason we aren't yet aware of with our limited view of the BIG picture.

At this point, I think the only thing this idea really has going for it is the snowball effect that has already been put in motion. Directors have notified their clusters of the idea and consultants/directors have already started this fundraiser process by offering it to a variety of organizations (once they truly felt it wasn't breaking any policies). HO may be getting emails and calls asking permission to do the same thing. Depending on how far the news has spread since the September specials were released, they could possibly even be hearing from organizations asking how they can get in on this new cookbook fundraiser idea. They know that all they have to do is say "no" to stop all of the excitement. As crazy as it sounds, that snowball effect could be the only reason to allow this. That's why I sorta hope I'm not the only one who sent in a careful explanation (with questions) to the solution center or field services or to our uplines, etc. Actually, I *know* I'm not the only one who sent it in to HO because another personal friend of mine (from my own cluster) told me that she did the same thing and is waiting for a response.

The only thing I hate about this is that only the "honest" people can't do it. Many will sneak small ones past HO or be creative in their submissions or say "my director told me so" and they won't catch everyone if they deny it...

Name Tags at Confernece
ChefBeckyD said:
Very interesting - especially considering my PWS address is /cookinwithbecky. That was one of the reasons I wanted my info changed on all my info at HO.......funny thing is though, at NC, my name in small letters was "Becky", but the large name on my nametag STILL said "Rebecca"!:rolleyes:

momentary highjack

Becky,

At every conference I have filled in Kim on the "preferred name" spot on my registration form to see on my name KIMBERLY instead of Kim on my name tag. :rolleyes: Now, don't get me wrong it is my name but I am used to being called Kim. The first time, I thought had put it on the "preferred name" spot. The next time I paid attention and know I did it and every time afterward.

At every conference, I have gone back to the registration line and they changed it to Kim on the name tag.

Anyway, at National Conference this year, I went to the registration booth to have them change my name on my name tag and she showed me on the computer where she was changing it to Kim in a section that was titled "preferred name" and she told me I shouldn't have to ask again. I will find out at Leadership. :cool:

You might want to try it - maybe even call HO and ask that it gets inserted there.

End of my highjack!

I have to share this story now that I have read through this thread-many years ago, I did a HWC show in May. I took orders for the pink items as soon as they were announced as well as had at least 10 other people doing it. My thought was this:
Have 10 people selling $100 in HWC only products, we have a $1,000 show. Then we would draw to split the Host benefits.
WELL, Home Office called and asked why I had so many orders for only "pink stuff" and I explained what I had done. It then had to be resubmitted as a HWC fundraiser rather than a show, which really was no big deal for me as I was donating my profit to the ACS anyway.
I am anxious to see how they respond to this cookbook idea-I think they need to rethink the whole fundraiser process anyway and maybe this will prompt them to do just that. When we can creatively think this through and be able to offer such a great return to a non-profit group, PC has to see what they are missing!

LibrarianChef said:
Beth, see above. Just call me a newbie. :eek: I was just going to donate the funds to my particular charity group once the show went through. I didn't even realize that TPC already donated $3 per booking. I'm still in my first 90 days here.
No, I was talking about the length of time that the Past Host Benefit is good for. I didn't feel a need to point out that PC gives the $3 since Ann had already said that.;)
Originally Posted by BethCooks4U

chef_kimmo said:
momentary highjack

Becky,

At every conference I have filled in Kim on the "preferred name" spot on my registration form to see on my name KIMBERLY instead of Kim on my name tag. :rolleyes: Now, don't get me wrong it is my name but I am used to being called Kim. The first time, I thought had put it on the "preferred name" spot. The next time I paid attention and know I did it and every time afterward.

At every conference, I have gone back to the registration line and they changed it to Kim on the name tag.

Anyway, at National Conference this year, I went to the registration booth to have them change my name on my name tag and she showed me on the computer where she was changing it to Kim in a section that was titled "preferred name" and she told me I shouldn't have to ask again. I will find out at Leadership. :cool:

You might want to try it - maybe even call HO and ask that it gets inserted there.

End of my highjack!
Thanks for the hijack info Kim! That's good to know - I guess I'll find out at Leadership too then!

BethCooks4U said:
No, I was talking about the length of time that the Past Host Benefit is good for. I didn't feel a need to point out that PC gives the $3 since Ann had already said that.;)

Remember that I was assuming it was my own donation, not TPC's. Therefore I didn't feel limited to 6 months. :) I'd especially like to have some bookings for next June during any sell-a-thon possibilities. But I also didn't want to say a full 12 months. I'd definitely pay $3 per show for that to this charity organization in a heartbeat. :D

LibrarianChef said:
Remember that I was assuming it was my own donation, not TPC's. Therefore I didn't feel limited to 6 months. :) I'd especially like to have some bookings for next June during any sell-a-thon possibilities. But I also didn't want to say a full 12 months. I'd definitely pay $3 per show for that to this charity organization in a heartbeat. :D

Did you know that we also have a sellathon in Nov-Dec for the Spring Products?;)

I don't get how HO could tell you to change from a show to a fundraiser. That's really weird b/c that means going from possibly a 22-30% commission to a 15-17%! I personally, don't put them in as fundraisers if they are smaller and I plan to donate most of my commission. This way they get a higher percentage (my commission) and the products earned can be auctioned off. It's more beneficial typically! It'd be nice if the fundraiser % would increase. But if they don't, then I need to be creative.

<h2>1. How does the cookbook fundraiser work?</h2><p>The cookbook fundraiser allows organizations to sell Pampered Chef cookbooks at a discounted price and keep a portion of the profits for their cause. The organization purchases the cookbooks at a wholesale price and then sells them at a higher price to raise funds.</p><h2>2. What is the suggested selling price for the cookbooks?</h2><p>The suggested selling price for the cookbooks is $15 each. This allows the organization to make a profit of $5 per cookbook.</p><h2>3. Can individuals participate in the cookbook fundraiser?</h2><p>Yes, individuals can also participate in the cookbook fundraiser. They can purchase cookbooks at the discounted price and resell them at a higher price to raise funds for their chosen cause.</p><h2>4. What type of organizations can benefit from the cookbook fundraiser?</h2><p>The cookbook fundraiser is great for a variety of organizations such as schools, churches, sports teams, and non-profit organizations. It can also be used by individuals looking to raise funds for a specific cause.</p><h2>5. How can I get started with the cookbook fundraiser?</h2><p>To get started with the cookbook fundraiser, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to learn more about the process. We also provide resources and support to help make your fundraiser a success.</p>

Related to Discover a Delicious Way to Raise Funds with Our Cookbook Fundraiser!

1. How does the cookbook fundraiser work?

The cookbook fundraiser allows organizations to sell Pampered Chef cookbooks at a discounted price and keep a portion of the profits for their cause. The organization purchases the cookbooks at a wholesale price and then sells them at a higher price to raise funds.

2. What is the suggested selling price for the cookbooks?

The suggested selling price for the cookbooks is $15 each. This allows the organization to make a profit of $5 per cookbook.

3. Can individuals participate in the cookbook fundraiser?

Yes, individuals can also participate in the cookbook fundraiser. They can purchase cookbooks at the discounted price and resell them at a higher price to raise funds for their chosen cause.

4. What type of organizations can benefit from the cookbook fundraiser?

The cookbook fundraiser is great for a variety of organizations such as schools, churches, sports teams, and non-profit organizations. It can also be used by individuals looking to raise funds for a specific cause.

5. How can I get started with the cookbook fundraiser?

To get started with the cookbook fundraiser, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to learn more about the process. We also provide resources and support to help make your fundraiser a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tfinetwins
  • scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies