1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser Cookbook fundraiser for August 09

1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Yes, I'm thinking ahead...

I'm thinking since the August's guest special is buy $60 get a free cookbook, that it would be a good month to do a special cookbook fundraiser.

Have you done one like this?

I'm thinking of the organization would collect $17 per book (flyer would say that includes shipping and tax) and they would only pay for 4 out of 5 books. So they make $17 selling 5 books. Plus, I would turn it in as a fundraiser and they would make 10% so they would make $23 per 5 books (30%). How I figured $17 per book, 14.75 + 1 shipping plus tax per book, so here that would be, 15.75 + 1.28 tax = 17.03

Thoughts?

2. stacywhitlow

stacywhitlow Veteran Member

Only cookbooks are offered? So for every 4 cookbooks sold they receive 1 free but keep the money instead?

Sounds like a great incentive but since there was so much confusion on this concept a few years ago, I would definitely get details together & contact HO 1st.

May 8, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

We are not allowed as consultants to sell products for more than the retail value. Sorry!

May 8, 2009
  4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

It's against policy to charge prices other than the official price, including sales items. This comes up every time the cookbooks are on sale, although usually when they're marked down not when they're a "free with qualifying purchase" incentive.

Combining orders to make the $60 is also not right. Then customers don't have a correct receipt, and HO won't have an accurate record of who bought what, in case someone wants to make a return.

And, just to play devil's advocate here, what if someone knows that the cookbooks are the special for the month? They'll order 4 books and want a 5th free - and you know they'll tell their friends. All of a sudden, the group hosting the FR isn't making as much. And it may even foster negative feelings against them, if people perceive the situation as sneaky and dishonest.

May 8, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Sorry, didn't think it through... guess it was a bad idea.

Have something to add?