• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Cookbook Fundraiser: A Profitable Option for Charities

I don't know if it is still being done, but there was a cookbook fundraiser a few years ago where you could sell cookbooks for a dollar each.The Cookbook Fundraiser had a really high $$ to organizations that did it. Something like $4 or $6 on every cookbook sold goes to the charity, and I think the books may have been $10. But you had to sell a "case" of books - didn't sound like our current $14.75 cookbooks. Anyone remember what that was?yes they were thicker spiral bound (maybe 5 x 7 ") we had one with a green cover and one was blue if you have an used bookstore you can probably find a copy there.Is
scottcooks
Gold Member
I was listening to an old PC cassette tape that talked about the Cookbook Fundraiser, and it having a really high $$ to organizations that did it.

Something like $4 or $6 on every cookbook sold goes to the charity, and I think the books may have been $10. But you had to sell a "case" of books - didn't sound like our current $14.75 cookbooks.

Anyone remember what that was?

yes they were thicker spiral bound (maybe 5 x 7 ") we had one with a green cover and one was blueif you have an used bookstore you can probably find a copy there.

Is there a cookbook fundraiser we can do know? Any ideas on how we could do that?

The cookbooks that were a part of that fundraiser looked more like the cookbooks you see churches and other organizations do for fundraisers - but there were a lot of great recipes in them!

I had one, but someone borrowed a a while back, and I can't remember who! That cookbook was where I first found the Bountiful Brunch Pizza recipe.

I did not know we ever had that. How long ago was it? I may have to check Ebay.

That FR was discontinued right when I signed with PC, so it's been a LONG time! The books were full of great recipes, but they were the "typical PC" recipes with a lot of convenience foods in them. And the books didn't have any pictures. (I like pictures in my cookbooks, so I can check that I'm making the recipe correctly.) The two books available were Recipes from the Heart (blue) and The Kitchen is the Heart of the Home (green). They're 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 size with plastic comb binding. As mentioned, you can sometimes find them at used bookstores or garage sales.As far as a current cookbook FR, some consultants have put one together for when cookbooks are the guest special, but it is NOT a HO-approved method. We are not supposed to charge more for an item than someone can get it for, and that's what the made-up CB FR does.

I found several of each of them on Ebay.

I still have both of my copies from my first time selling PC about 11 years ago.

1. What is the Old Cookbook Fundraiser?

The Old Cookbook Fundraiser is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows schools and organizations to raise money by selling vintage cookbooks from our collection. These cookbooks are filled with classic recipes and are a great way to engage your community and support a good cause.

2. How does the fundraiser work?

Once you sign up for the Old Cookbook Fundraiser, you will receive a starter kit with a selection of cookbooks to sell. Your organization can then promote and sell the cookbooks to your community at a set price. The proceeds from the sales will go directly to your organization.

3. Can we choose which cookbooks to sell?

Yes, you can choose which cookbooks to sell from our collection. We have a wide variety of vintage cookbooks to choose from, including regional and specialty cookbooks. We will work with you to curate a selection that best fits your organization's needs and interests.

4. Do we have to purchase the cookbooks upfront?

No, you do not have to purchase the cookbooks upfront. We will provide you with a starter kit of cookbooks to sell, and you can order more as needed. You will only be charged for the cookbooks that have been sold, so there is no risk of excess inventory.

5. How much money can we expect to raise with this fundraiser?

The amount you can raise with the Old Cookbook Fundraiser will vary depending on the number of cookbooks sold and the set price. However, many organizations have had great success with this fundraiser, raising hundreds or even thousands of dollars. Plus, it's a fun and unique way to engage your community and support a good cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • pamperedcheflori
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Cricket713