• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Successfully Plan a Fundraiser for a Dance Company?

In summary, the person approached the expert about doing a fundraiser for a dance company her daughter is in. The expert told her about the policies and procedures for doing a fundraiser and gave her some ideas. The person is not comfortable giving away their commission, and is worried about making too little money. The expert suggests doing a mini presentation with an already prepared recipe, or a live kitchen show. The person is also worried about the amount of paperwork and time it would take to put together a fundraiser. The expert suggests looking in the files for different fundraiser styles and finding one that would be the best for them. The expert suggests either doing a search in the files for "Duska Mills," or attaching the letter and information flyer to an e
babywings76
Gold Member
I had someone approach me at the fair I did on Tues. about doing a fundraiser for a dance company that her daughter is in. She would like to be a chairperson for it. I told her briefly what is in the PC policies and procedures, and told her I'd look into it more and get back to her on what the possibilities would be with one. I've done a little searching here and got a few ideas. :thumbup:

They say it's better to do a live kitchen show to increase sales. My director says the same thing goes for fundraisers. If this is going to be for a dance studio with a huge group, then what would the show be? No microwave, no oven. I don't think I feel comfortable doing that huge of a demo. But I could do a mini presentation with an already prepared recipe. Could it be more of a Kick-off Intro to the Fundraiser thing where I just have things on display and serve refreshments, or a few of our recipes from the new SB? I'm nervous about scaring people away who "don't like to go to shows". :yuck:KWIM? So I was wondering if this way would be less intimidating for some?

Also, it seems that a lot of people give away some of their commission. As a new consultant, I don't really make that much. Doesn't putting this together cost a lot in paperwork/catalogs? And takes a lot of time? Only getting 15% sounds bad enough. Now I worry that I need to give away more and make even less. I don't know, does that sound greedy? :confused:

How much info do I give someone who is just learning about it and not committed to the idea yet? I would love to hear success stories from you guys. Any advice?

bumping...

I have yet to do a fundraiser, but I am looking forward to it. I can't really answer any of your questions.

Do a no bake recipe, like the greek cheese torta, as a demo.Serve it on crackers, and everyone gets a taste.

I am not comfortable giving away my commission either. I agree, there is a lot of paperwork involved, and after you factor that in as a show expense, how much do we really make?
Look in the files at the different fundraiser styles, and see which one works best for you. The Duska Mills file is packed w/ info and really helps break it all down.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'm checking everything out some more today. I hadn't seen the Duska Mills one in the fundraiser category in the files section. Do I just do a search in the files for "Duska Mills?"

Here's another question for anyone who knows, I just read a couple other fundraiser ideas people had done and they offer another option to the organization of a product show where they get 40% of their sales. Do you know how that is done?

There used to be a FR through HO that was a limited selection of products, and the group got 40%. That may be what those files refer to.

Oh, okay. I just was wondering cause I'm putting stuff together to give to someone. Also, what do you think I should do...someone at a fair requested more info about doing a fundraiser for her daughter's dance school. She was interested in being the chairperson for it. I tried calling her to give her more info, but no answer. Should I just keep trying to reach her on the phone? Or do I e-mail her (she gave me her address) and attach the letter and info flyer I'm putting together? Or should I put it in the mail?

1. How can I get started with hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

To get started with a Pampered Chef fundraiser, simply reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you. They will be able to walk you through the process and provide you with all the necessary materials and support.

2. How much money can I expect to raise with a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The amount of money you can raise with a Pampered Chef fundraiser will vary depending on the size of your group and the type of fundraiser you choose. On average, our fundraisers can raise anywhere from $500 to $5,000.

3. What types of fundraisers does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of fundraisers, including catalog fundraisers, virtual fundraisers, and cooking parties. Each type of fundraiser offers a different level of involvement and earning potential, so you can choose the best option for your group.

4. Can I customize my fundraiser with specific Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can customize your fundraiser by choosing specific Pampered Chef products to feature. This can be a great way to cater to your group's interests and preferences, and potentially increase your fundraising success.

5. How long does a Pampered Chef fundraiser typically last?

The length of a Pampered Chef fundraiser can vary depending on your group's needs and goals. Typically, a fundraiser can last anywhere from 2-4 weeks. Your consultant will work with you to determine the best timeline for your fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• allieskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jessicasmith228
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pampered2007