• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundrasier for My Daughter's Dance Class

can also earn an additional 3% on top of that with Pampered Chef's referral program)Thanks for this in summary-- Sounds like a great idea to help raise money for the dance outfits for the dance recital in April.
whiteyteresa
Lucy is starting her 4th year in dance and I want to give the owner on the dance business a new idea on raising money for the dance outfits for the dance recital in April. (The last 3 years in dance they sold Home Interior Candles for $10 - $5 goes toward the candle and $5 for the outfit) So this would give them all something new. There is a total of 128 girls last year - not all would do this fundraiser - many just pay for their own outfits but this would help me out greatly.

I thought about 'The Pampered Chef Pool'

I have a attached the NEW PC Pool and a Parent/Guardian Letter

Would you Please check them out and let me know if it sounds okay - I did this for a Relay for Life team two years ago and it did okay.

Thanks

:chef:

Attachments

• 30 Square Game 001 Parent-Guardian Letter - Dance.doc
    46 KB · Views: 454
  • 30 Square Game 001 Game - Dance.doc
    34 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:
Teresa, I'd love to look at it....the letter opened for me, but not the squares.
I've been trying to get my dds' dance teacher to do a PC fundraiser, but alas, we're selling cookie dough again:rolleyes: I would LOVE to hear your successful results on this, so I can give her an example! Maybe our competition team can do something like this.

I hope this opens for you

Thanks

BTW, I think home Interiors went out of business
so she might need a new fundraiser

Teresa Lynn said:
BTW, I think home Interiors went out of business
so she might need a new fundraiser

Not in my area is hasn't

I still have the same consutlant for 30 years

I have been invited to 4 shows in the last 3 months, a bingo for Christmas stuff in early November and my consultant w/H I will be one of my vendors for my 2nd annual Multi Vendor Holiday Open Open on November 22

Home Interiors is still in business; there was rumor awhile back that they went bankrupt but I don't know what came out of it. My consultant just gave me a new book though, & I had a party back in May.

Teresa, are you doing this in addition to selling products too? Sounds like fun.

I will offer selling to any one and give them a % of the sales but for this group I want this to be as simple as possible

Now - So you this is stuff is okay???

Understandable???

Simple to understand???

It makes sense to me....like I said, please share your results!

I will let you all know what happens

Tonight was Lucy's first night of dance and the women in charge was very busy and I need to bring things next Thursday night to show her.

She wants me to come early - we were late showing up tonight because she forgot to tell us she moved the studio down the street :eek:

She did mention it to some of the other mothers earlier in the week and they were interested in knowing more.

I am going to print out a lot of the forms and letters and have a few packets for them to take orders if they want this for next week.

Thanks again

I have 2 girls in Dance and they wear 3 costumes each so my total for costumes is over 300.00 I know this is something alot of parents in my girls dance class would be interested in. Do you still give out catalogs for individual orders besides the squares? Do the girls earn their own money per their orders?

I've never done a fundraiser but am very interested in how to get one started. At the kids school they do a safety patrol Washington trip and like to do fundraisers for the girls to earn money toward that. Also, my daughters play travel softball and always need to raise money for travel expenses. I also have a son in baseball so I see lots of fundraiser opportunity.

How do you set it up with PC? Does Pampered Chef offer 10% on top of our commission? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Do you still give out catalogs for individual orders besides the squares?

I will let them know if they want a catalog to take orders, they just need to ask. Some of the parents wouldn't take orders so I don't want to waste catalogs.

Do the girls earn their own money per their orders?

YES - I will keep a detail list of what each girl/boy sells & they will earn that amount

How do you set it up with PC?

You decide who is going to be the chairman and enter that into Pampered Partner. Pampered Chef will then send a check to the address you provided for either 10% or 15%.

Does Pampered Chef offer 10% on top of our commission? not sure exactly what you mean here but

PC gives you either 15% commission or 17% (just depends if you have each your $15,000 in guest sales first. You will not receive this on top of your regular commission. This is the only commission

I hope this helps - if I haven't explained the fundraiser correctly please let me know.

Thanks

Teresa, this looks great! I might have to borrow it for my DD's dance school!

so, each person that participates has the opportunity to have a winner from their boards?
I guess I'm getting hung up on how many shopping sprees you are giving away AND how will the dance school get any $$ if $35 goes to the parent for costumes and $70 goes to the shopping spree winner!!!???

Maybe I am just having a senior moment........

Be my guest, I got the idea off of here and I made it my own for the PC shows and then added the extra money for my local Relay teams and it worked out great.

If you or anyone changes it up please let us know

each person that participates has the opportunity to have a winner from their boards?

each board will have a winner of $70 (if all squares are taken/bought) - I will have a certain day that we will draw the winners - that will be sumbitted to PC and the $35 will go to their child's dance stuff directly to the lady in charge.

Each board could have a grand total of $105 if they sell all of the squares - the parent will give me all the money - I will then divided it up. Give the lady in charge who earned what.

Does this help??? I have a hard time typing my thoughts out, I always explain with actual words.

so, the dance school doesn't actually get any money except the 10-15% from Pampered Chef, right?

Example: 100 girls/boys sell 2 boards for a total of $105 per child. They keep $35 for their costume. $70 from each child goes to a winner to spend how they want. You enter each $70 order for a total of $7000 so the dance school gets 15% of that which is just over $1000................

IS THAT CORRECT?

Meg - I think that sums it up well and makes sense to me! I may just give this a try myself - my friend owns a dance studio.

I forgot to mention the over $1000 commission you would get from this!

I am sooooo on this MONDAY~as soon as the studio opens! Thanks Teresa for a great idea! This could work for so many people that my head is spinning now with ideas about who to call!

lacychef said:
Teresa, I'd love to look at it....the letter opened for me, but not the squares.
I've been trying to get my dds' dance teacher to do a PC fundraiser, but alas, we're selling cookie dough again:rolleyes: I would LOVE to hear your successful results on this, so I can give her an example! Maybe our competition team can do something like this.

I to have been trying to convert our studio to PC fundraiser, but they are stuck on COOKIE DOUGH, why??? And Kayla has been the top seller 3yrs in a row. Everytime we call they say "Cookie dough again? why not PC?" I know 50% for cookie dough is why!

I am thinking of doing a "surprise" FR for the studio. I'm thinking of taking PC orders along with the cookie dough orders, so that she can see in black and white and in extra $$$ how much better they could do.

What do you think?

I am so excited and think Im gonna give my daughters dance teacher a call today...

one more question, Is the chairperson the host? Or is there a host. Im trying t make sure I have a full understanding before I call.

Ive only been doing this for a little over a month and only have 1500 in sales. I did make my 30 day goal of 1250 and am booked through Oct. and have some for Nov. and Dec. I am off to great start... Anyways, My commission is 20% still so in this type of FR we make the commission off of the 70.00 orders right. They get to keep the extra and would we actually enter this as a fundraiser and why. Thank You for being patient with me. Im just trying to make sure I fully understand..

Also does anyone know where I can get a template for 40 boxes? Our goal is 50.00 per sheet.

Ok, I got it. I read up on PC.

15% over 600 to FR, and I would recieve 15%

Pamper Mom said:
Also does anyone know where I can get a template for 40 boxes? Our goal is 50.00 per sheet.

If you still need 40 squares, just e-mail me at [email protected] and I will e-mail you an excel file that is 40 squares

Thank You so much, I will Email you now.

It just dawned on me that my DD's dance school incorporates the cost of the recital outfits into our tuition........that being said, I would need to think of a new slant on how to pull off the "pool" type fundraiser because the parents won't see it as getting the money to save on the outfit, KWIM?

Any ideas???

cwinter474 said:
I to have been trying to convert our studio to PC fundraiser, but they are stuck on COOKIE DOUGH, why??? And Kayla has been the top seller 3yrs in a row. Everytime we call they say "Cookie dough again? why not PC?" I know 50% for cookie dough is why!

I am thinking of doing a "surprise" FR for the studio. I'm thinking of taking PC orders along with the cookie dough orders, so that she can see in black and white and in extra $$$ how much better they could do.

What do you think?

It's worth a try! Glad to hear I'm not the only one stuck selling cookie dough!:rolleyes:

Meg, I doubt my studio's teacher will want to do another fundraiser already; so I'm thinking about taking this approach for the spring. Does your studio go to competitions? Ours does...so I'm thinking the pool money could be used for competition entry fees instead of costumes since we'll be ordering costumes in the next few weeks.

we have only been at this studio for a year~the previous one did competition, so there was always some kind of fundraiser going. This studio does not do competitve dances (one reason we switched) so I don't even know if they have the need for fundraising. I need to call and talk to the owner to see what her thoughts are about this. After I know, I will rethink the whole pool idea...although I love it and can see it being used for more than dance studios! The problem there is that I am the PTA president and would look very self serving if I suggested it for the school~

Oh I hear ya there Meg....I'm the PTO treasurer here & would love to see us to a PC fundraiser. I had even thought about suggesting it to another board member & then she can talk it up if she likes it, & I could leave the room if they want to vote on it. A gal in my cluster did one awhile back for her kid's school & it was HUGE.

just a thought here~would something like this "PC pool" be considered gambling? I don't know if the dance school could do it, but my DS is in Boy Scouts and they might consider doing it....................what do ya'll think? Who should I contact to check?

ETA:anyone have an answer for me???

Last edited:
lacychef said:
Oh I hear ya there Meg....I'm the PTO treasurer here & would love to see us to a PC fundraiser. I had even thought about suggesting it to another board member & then she can talk it up if she likes it, & I could leave the room if they want to vote on it. A gal in my cluster did one awhile back for her kid's school & it was HUGE.

Our county is really buckling down on children doing solicitation sales for fundraising. We already have them not going door-to-door, but now they are saying we can't do fundraisers that give the children an incentive to sell a certain amount. Now, what they haven't said is that we can't give the parents incentives! SOOOO, if I could somehow work this to my advantage where I donate my commission, I would in a heartbeat! That would mean all 777 students go home with a catalog with my name and number on it! Can you even imagine how HUGE that would be if the kids only sold $50 each? That is a $38,000+ funraiser! Now that I have typed that out, I have to see if this could really work!

bumping....need an answer to the above post!

It just depends who you talk to

Some people say YES it is gambling

Some people say because it is for children, it is supporting children in a worth while event

Last edited:
There are 2 schools of thought on whether it's considered gambling:
1) Because all of the money collected is collected is given away (to the school and to the winner), some say it's not gambling.
2) Because people are purchasing a chance to get the benefits, no matter what happens to the rest of the money, some say it is gambling.If you have concerns about it, your state should be able to answer your questions (look for the department that handles raffle/gaming licenses).

I'm not for sure either Meg....you live in a big area. We've got about half that many kids in our elem schools; but thinking about the numbers definately sounds exciting!

Teresa, don't forget to update us! How long is you fundraiser going?

They are going to let me know how many people are going to do this fundraiser next Thursday and it will run through mid November

I just spoke to our dance teacher and she agreed to give these out to all her girls. She has 125... Im so excited. Im running off the copies now.

wooooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I plan to call the Gaming Commission today~I will let you know what the decision is.

Pamper Mom - awesome! Can you share how you approached the dance teacher - what you said???

OK~I called the Fundraiser Gaming Commission for Virginia~if you do a Bingo or raffle it has to run by a not-for-profit group.

Now, my next question is, would you consider this technique a raffle?? Something tells me this is all in the wording!

Can it be worded as "donation"? I just ran a bunch of these off for my son, to offset his confirmation class mission trip. I am conflicted about the gambling part. I need to change the wording to rid me of guilt.

let's brainstorm this Lauri!

"Please participate in our Fall Fundraiser. THis year we will be accepting donations (minimum of $3/square) toward our kids confirmation trip. Each sheet will have a winner that will recieve _______________ AND our kids will trip costs will be offset by your generous donations!"

Something like that could work.............isn't Catholic guilt great!!! Not only do we get guilt from just being women, we get the added guilt from growing up Catholic! I wouldn't change it for the world though!

I'm so glad I saw this thread posted! I emailed a friend/instructor at a local dance studio asking whether or not they ever do fundraisers for costumes, etc and she forwarded it on to the owner. The owner said she'd be interested in how it worked, I came up with a proposal plan with financial incentives for hitting certain levels in addition to the %PC gives (personal donation), an extra donation from me ($10) for every booked show that is actually held and qualifies, and donation of a gift basket (one of the host specials, some inexpensive items from the current catalog and some outlet items) for them to raffle off for even more money. I got the word yesterday that I got the fundraiser; my very first!! AND they want to do it in November which excited me even more with the stoneware special!! So thanks for starting this thread--I hadn't even considered contacting a dance studio!! All smiles here :)

Wow, I brought this idea up to my dds' teacher & she thought it was great...we're going to talk more about it, but she really sounds interested:)

chefmeg said:
OK~I called the Fundraiser Gaming Commission for Virginia~if you do a Bingo or raffle it has to run by a not-for-profit group.

Now, my next question is, would you consider this technique a raffle?? Something tells me this is all in the wording!

So, Meg, if I do this as a fundraiser for my church's missions trip, do you think that would qualify? We're having a Yard Sale in two weeks, and I plan to have a table, so I could do it there to have the community participate. I'm planning to keep some of the commission, though (I NEED the money), so would that be against state law, so you think? The commission would come from PC, so it's not like I"m keeping any of the money from the squares.

pampchefsarah said:
So, Meg, if I do this as a fundraiser for my church's missions trip, do you think that would qualify? We're having a Yard Sale in two weeks, and I plan to have a table, so I could do it there to have the community participate. I'm planning to keep some of the commission, though (I NEED the money), so would that be against state law, so you think? The commission would come from PC, so it's not like I"m keeping any of the money from the squares.

Sarah - you're doing the raffle for a non-profit so I think you'd be good. Besides, your commission is helping you cover your costs associated (catalogs, order forms, TIME).

Thanks, Alison!! I'll talk to the person in charge of the Yard Sale tomorrow!!

chefmeg said:
let's brainstorm this Lauri!

"Please participate in our Fall Fundraiser. THis year we will be accepting donations (minimum of $3/square) toward our kids confirmation trip. Each sheet will have a winner that will recieve _______________ AND our kids will trip costs will be offset by your generous donations!"

Something like that could work.............isn't Catholic guilt great!!! Not only do we get guilt from just being women, we get the added guilt from growing up Catholic! I wouldn't change it for the world though!

Love the wording. Thanks for the brainstorm!

I grew up Lutheran, with many Catholic friends.

Hey Sarah~I think you'll be OK since the church is not-for-profit...................I heard from my DD's dance school and they are not interested in doing a fundraiser (they don't do them at all). I am going to start just talking this up at my shows and see who bites!

Meg, are you doing any fairs this season? I'm doing 4 (well, the 3rd isn't official yet, but if not, I'll find another), and I'm going to do this at all of them.

<h2>1. What is the Pampered Chef Pool fundraiser?</h2><p>The Pampered Chef Pool fundraiser is a way for Lucy's dance class to raise money for their recital outfits. It involves selling Pampered Chef products and a portion of the sales will go towards the dance outfits.</p><h2>2. How does the Pampered Chef Pool fundraiser work?</h2><p>Participants will sell Pampered Chef products to friends, family, and neighbors. A portion of the sales will go towards the dance outfits. The more products sold, the more money raised for the outfits.</p><h2>3. How much of the sales goes towards the dance outfits?</h2><p>For every Pampered Chef product sold, $5 will go towards the dance outfits. This means that if a participant sells 10 products, $50 will go towards their outfit.</p><h2>4. Is the Pampered Chef Pool fundraiser suitable for all 128 girls in the dance class?</h2><p>While not all 128 girls may participate in the fundraiser, it is open to all of them. Those who choose not to participate can still pay for their own outfits, but this fundraiser is a great opportunity for them to help out and save some money.</p><h2>5. Has the Pampered Chef Pool fundraiser been successful in the past?</h2><p>Yes, the Pampered Chef Pool fundraiser has been successful in the past. It was used for a Relay for Life team two years ago and did well. It is a proven fundraising method that can help raise money for Lucy's dance class's outfits.</p>

1. What is the Pampered Chef Pool fundraiser?

The Pampered Chef Pool fundraiser is a way for Lucy's dance class to raise money for their recital outfits. It involves selling Pampered Chef products and a portion of the sales will go towards the dance outfits.

2. How does the Pampered Chef Pool fundraiser work?

Participants will sell Pampered Chef products to friends, family, and neighbors. A portion of the sales will go towards the dance outfits. The more products sold, the more money raised for the outfits.

3. How much of the sales goes towards the dance outfits?

For every Pampered Chef product sold, $5 will go towards the dance outfits. This means that if a participant sells 10 products, $50 will go towards their outfit.

4. Is the Pampered Chef Pool fundraiser suitable for all 128 girls in the dance class?

While not all 128 girls may participate in the fundraiser, it is open to all of them. Those who choose not to participate can still pay for their own outfits, but this fundraiser is a great opportunity for them to help out and save some money.

5. Has the Pampered Chef Pool fundraiser been successful in the past?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Pool fundraiser has been successful in the past. It was used for a Relay for Life team two years ago and did well. It is a proven fundraising method that can help raise money for Lucy's dance class's outfits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies