• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Bookings and Dance for Joy: My Success Story in Direct Sales

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who was struggling with bookings but was able to turn things around by making phone calls and booking several shows. She also signed up for a bridal fair and had success with a catalog show. She shares her tips for booking shows and expresses her excitement for her upcoming shows.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
I have seen a lot of posts that people are out of bookings and at a loss of what to do. I was in the same boat until Wednesday evening.

I started September with two cooking show's on my calendar. After making 5 calls on Monday night, I had booked two more cooking show's (one for September and one for November), left two message and got a will you please call me tomorrow. I also signed up to do a HUGE bridal fair on the 14th.

Everytime, I booked a show I did the happy dance and my kid's loved it. DH thought I was nuts. ;) I actually scared him, because I screamed when I got my first booking (which happened to be after my first call :eek:).

I then got on the phone again last night and booked another show for this month. Last night I asked the kids if they wanted to do the happy dance with me and they loved it. Then my DS who is 4 said to me "Mom you need to get back on the phone and do PC, so we can do more happy dances!":)

This was after earlier in the day one of the ladies in the hospital I work for was asking about a larger fry pan than what she received in her executive cookware set (a show she had with another consultant and only did it because it was her new DH's boss). I told her about the 12" Skillet and the special for September and she is doing a catalog show.

When there is a will there is a way. I am so excited again about my business (thanks MORFIA!) and can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store for me.

I have my first cooking show tommorrow since April. Yes, I said April and I can't wait!

Thanks for letting me share!

Way to go, Laurie! Are you going to post a video of you and the kids doing the happy dance? :D

Laurie, that is great! Way to not give up. Hope you get to do more happy dances soon.

Way to go, Laurie! That's exciting. Congrats!

That is so awesome, I'm so glad you decided to stick with PC, I know you were at a crossroads about it..good luck with your shows!

WTG, Laurie! What exactly did you say to the people you called to get them to book a show? Can you share?

Wow, that is great! I really need to get more shows booked! I need to get on the phone and just do it..

Whoohooo Go Laurie! Congrats! Great job!

cookingwith_tara said:
WTG, Laurie! What exactly did you say to the people you called to get them to book a show? Can you share?

Most of the people I called where show's that had cancelled and not rescheduled. So I called and basically said "Hi this is Laurie with PC, is this a good time? How are thing's going for you? Let them answer. Are you enjoying the weather we are having (our summer is just starting here in Washington)? Again, let them answer." I would then say "I was just wondering if you were ready to reschedule your party?"

If they said yes, and didn't give me a specific month, I let them know about the upcoming host specials and went from there.

This weekend I will be calling leads that I have gathered at fairs and such. I will pretty much say the same thing however, instead of saying "Are you ready to reschedule your show?" I will ask them if they are ready to schedule their show? I definately want to do more happy dances with my boys. My oldest is coming home tonight and we will have to let him on the fun. :) (Don't know if I will video it. If I do I will try and post it!) If not, I will ask when they want me to check back and put them in my tickle file for that time.

HTH!

P.S. My show for tomorrow just turned into a catalog show, because her guest's were dropping like flies. :cry: We are suppose to have some AWESOME weather and our big state fair start's today. I told her no worries, we will do a catalog show and she can book a cooking show for later in the year. She thought that was a great idea. So I will end up with two show's from her this year instead of one. :)

chefsteph07 said:
That is so awesome, I'm so glad you decided to stick with PC, I know you were at a crossroads about it..good luck with your shows!

Thank you! I'm glad I decided to stay also. :)

pamperedpals said:
I have seen a lot of posts that people are out of bookings and at a loss of what to do. I was in the same boat until Wednesday evening.

I started September with two cooking show's on my calendar. After making 5 calls on Monday night, I had booked two more cooking show's (one for September and one for November), left two message and got a will you please call me tomorrow. I also signed up to do a HUGE bridal fair on the 14th.

Everytime, I booked a show I did the happy dance and my kid's loved it. DH thought I was nuts. ;) I actually scared him, because I screamed when I got my first booking (which happened to be after my first call :eek:).

I then got on the phone again last night and booked another show for this month. Last night I asked the kids if they wanted to do the happy dance with me and they loved it. Then my DS who is 4 said to me "Mom you need to get back on the phone and do PC, so we can do more happy dances!":)

This was after earlier in the day one of the ladies in the hospital I work for was asking about a larger fry pan than what she received in her executive cookware set (a show she had with another consultant and only did it because it was her new DH's boss). I told her about the 12" Skillet and the special for September and she is doing a catalog show.

When there is a will there is a way. I am so excited again about my business (thanks MORFIA!) and can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store for me.

I have my first cooking show tommorrow since April. Yes, I said April and I can't wait!

Thanks for letting me share!

MY HEART IS TOUCHED--so glad you reached out--You are inspiring to all---It works if you work it---

Go get um Laurie!!

hugs-

MORFIA said:
MY HEART IS TOUCHED--so glad you reached out--You are inspiring to all---It works if you work it---

Go get um Laurie!!

hugs-

You're gonna make me cry! Thank you for all of your support!

pamperedpals said:
You're gonna make me cry! Thank you for all of your support!

me too-:)

they are going to throw us off here for being sappy--

You are the BEST---

isn't it great when the kids get to celebrate your success with you? when i read your post it really warmed my heart

here's to a spectacular autumn with many happy dances!

Great job!! I'll be waiting for video.

Good for you Laurie! You're going to have a great paycheck too......cha-ching!

1. How did you become successful in direct sales?

I became successful in direct sales by consistently working hard, building relationships with my customers, and constantly learning and implementing new sales techniques.

2. What inspired you to write "Boost Your Bookings and Dance for Joy"?

I was inspired to write this book because I wanted to share my success story with others and provide helpful tips and strategies for other direct sales consultants to achieve their goals and dreams.

3. What are some key takeaways from your book?

Some key takeaways from my book include the importance of setting goals, building strong relationships with customers, utilizing social media for marketing, and staying motivated and positive.

4. How can your book help someone struggling in direct sales?

My book can help someone struggling in direct sales by providing practical tips and strategies that have worked for me in growing my business. It also offers motivation and encouragement for those who may be feeling discouraged or stuck in their sales journey.

5. Can your book be beneficial for experienced direct sales consultants as well?

Yes, my book can be beneficial for experienced direct sales consultants as well. It offers a fresh perspective and new ideas for boosting sales and bookings, as well as tips for maintaining success and avoiding burnout in the industry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies