• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taking the Fear Out of Show Bookings: My Success Story

In summary, Deanna successfully booked four shows last night and plans to book another this month. She also booked a fundraiser.
deanna_g
So, I have this problem. I don't push show bookings enough. I've been afraid of rejection. I don't do a lot of shows, and this is probably the reason. So last night, I had a show. There were 10 people there, including the host. I had planned to push booking and had a game set up as well as my bookings slide. So, I jumped in, feet first. (-: Are you ready for this???? I booked FOUR....that's right, COUNT EM! F-O-U-R shows last night. (-: I also booked a fundraiser!!!! SO that's FIVE shows!!!! Out of TEN people there.....(one of which, don't forget, was the host). So that means that 60% of the people there have or will host a show with me. How's THAT for great news??? I'm so proud of myself. :DThen today, a lady that my mom works with called me to tell me that she goes to Curves in town. The manager of their branch of Curves was looking for a Pampered Chef Consultant because they have lots of members always asking for PC catalogs. They have people there who sell Mark Kay, TS, Tupperware, etc.....but the lady who used to sell PC there no longer is selling. So she told the manager about me and she wants me to bring in some catalogs tomorrow! SWEET!!! Oh, and my mom's friend who called me is going to book a show with me for next month. WOOOT!

Congratulations, that's great!

Woohoo! You should definately talk to that manager about putting a catalog show together, or see if you can pamper them on a Saturday or something. Work with her on a nice healthy recipe, and see if you can't set up a little table for a couple hours to show off some PC product and give them a taste of what we are all about!

Email Jean Jonas, and tell her about your success - you might end up on the back of the Consultant News! That is a terrific story!

Wahoo for you!

ChefBeckyD said:
Email Jean Jonas, and tell her about your success - you might end up on the back of the Consultant News! That is a terrific story!

Wahoo for you!

I couldn't agree more!!!!! Congratulations, Deanna and I wish you continued success!

I am happy for your success!!!!!!!!

Woot! Woot for you Deanna! Way to go!

Sooooo, did you use the bookings slide? Did you do the game? What did you do? Enquiring minds wanna know! :D

EXCELLENT!!!!! Way to go! (Now that you know how WONDERFUL it feels - you gonna do it some more?) If so keep us posted!!!! MEGA TERRIFIC!!!
And do send in a success story to Jean!

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!!!

btw - it was nice meeting you

Did you rebook your Host? That's another booking if you didn't! Remember to tell her whatever month she books, she gets a double Host Special...once as the Past Host and once as the Current Host! Most Hosts really jump on that one! Great job!

Wow!!! I will definitely email Jean Jonas! Thanks!!!!I used the booking slide. Some people were talking about my host and what was she gonna get, so I took the opportunity and whipped out the booking slide. I held it up, all folded up and said "well, probably most of you don't know ALL of the many benefits that hosts get. So let me tell you....the host benefits are taller than I am!" I stood on a chair and let my booking slide fall all the way open. (-: They all started laughing and then reading. I explained each page and they started asking questions. It was great! Then, after everyone had eaten some of the cake we made (we did a 15 minute cake in the fluted stone), we played a booking game called "The Gambling Game". I put "free" things written on paper in envelopes. There were free shipping, free citrus peeler, free mini whipper, free quick cut knives, free pan scrapers, etc....and there were also free cooking shows! I told them that if they wanted to pick an envelope, they were taking the change of getting an envelope that had a cooking show in it. Five people agreed to play. I put 2 free cooking shows and 3 free products out there and told them that I guarantee there were more free products than cooking shows. Well, 2 people got the shows, of course, and there were 2 others who wanted to book, as well! Then someone approached me about a fundraiser! Yay! I think one of the coolest things about the show is that the host didn't prepare any additional food and her house was NOT immaculate. It made people feel like there really isn't all that much to hosting a show! (-: Thanks for the encouragement. Oh...and I will definitely talk to the manager at Curves about putting together a catalog (or even a cooking) show! I could do a yummy fruit trifle! That would be healthy and something I can do without cooking.Thanks guys!!!

Congrats, Deanna!!! See.... it's all in the attitude =) Good luck with your soon-to-be full schedule!

1. How did you overcome your fear of booking shows as a Pampered Chef consultant?

When I first started as a consultant, I was scared to approach people and ask them to host a show for me. However, I realized that the worst thing that could happen is they say no. So, I changed my mindset and started viewing it as a numbers game. The more people I asked, the more likely I was to get a yes. This helped me push through my fear and start booking shows.

2. What tips do you have for successful show bookings?

First, it's important to have a strong host coaching process in place. This means following up with your potential host regularly and providing them with all the information and support they need to have a successful show. Additionally, offering incentives and rewards for booking a show can also be effective. Lastly, don't be afraid to think outside the box and try new strategies to get bookings, such as hosting online parties or offering themed shows.

3. How do you handle rejections when trying to book shows?

Rejections are a normal part of being a consultant, and it's important not to take them personally. Instead, use them as learning opportunities. Ask the person why they are not interested in hosting a show and use their feedback to improve your approach in the future. Remember, for every rejection, there's a potential yes just around the corner.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when booking shows?

One common mistake is not following up with potential hosts or not providing them with enough information about hosting a show. This can lead to missed opportunities for bookings. Another mistake is not diversifying your approach. Don't rely solely on one method of booking shows, such as only asking friends and family. Be open to trying new strategies and reaching out to different groups of people to expand your potential host pool.

5. How do you stay motivated to continue booking shows?

One of the best ways to stay motivated is to set goals for yourself. This could be a certain number of shows you want to book each month or a specific income goal. Having something to work towards can help keep you motivated. Additionally, celebrating your successes, no matter how small, can also help boost motivation. And remember, each show you book is not only beneficial for your business, but it's also providing a fun and exciting experience for your host and their guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cr8vKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sing4Him1977
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • ChefJoyJ