• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Direct Sales Success: The Struggle to Book Parties and Increase Sales

In summary, the woman was trying to get people to buy cookies, not just try them. She needed to personalize the invitation and make it specific to the person she was trying to get to come over.
chefjessicah
I just cannot get bookings. I've had 1 catalog party a month since I started in July, but it's the same person each time and 1 cooking show. The only way I've been able to stay active is to keep having my own party. :eek: I used the website, I have a facebook page, but still nothing. I've sent out notices to the 50 parents in the classes of my 2 children and to the 10 in my daughter's girl scout troop for each "open house" I have, but nobody shows except 2 or 3 family members. Apparently, this just isn't for me because believe me when I say I've read everybody's posts on increasing sales and getting bookings and have mailed out flyers to new brides and real estate agents....still nothing. Sorry if I am wallowing here, but just wanted to vent I guess. I know I can't be the only one with this problem....or can I?

I'm sorry you are discouraged...I understand that you are doing mailings and flyers but are you actually ASKING people to host? Are you reminding people of all the great benefits of hosting? It doesn't matter how many flyers you hand out, the key is personally asking someone...or ask those people if THEY know someone for a referral. Business is out there! Have you done any Pampering Businesses? This is the best time of year to get it going so don't give up! Talk to people! Go to your hair dresser,dentist, grocery store managers, doctors, just have a couple packets ready and ask if they can collect orders. You CAN do this!

I'm sorry you're having a frustrating time getting started. :( Have you contacted your recruiter or director for some help and training? Have you attended any team meetings?If you love PC and really would like to give it another shot, here's some advice: (Not sure if you are final in your decision and just wanted to vent, or if you really would like to give it another go...)Have you made a list of 100? Or at least 50? Have you personally called them and told them about the specials and your love of the products and how you need their help getting started as a consultant? If they help you out by hosting, they will be well rewarded through the host reward program and you will be so grateful for their help. You need to put yourself in front of people you don't know so that you can go outside your immediate circle of friends and get the snowball rolling. Did you follow up personally with those you sent notices to? A lot of people will not be forward enough to contact us. It's our job to ask them specifically to allow them the chance to respond directly. Some won't be interested, but some might be and by you personally asking them will decide to go for it. Also, "open houses" tend to be events with really low attendance. It's all about making it personal and specific. Pick a recipe that you love or a theme show you want to promote. Call your friends and family and personally invite them to your home for it. Sending out invitations in the mail with a mini catalog also help. Sometimes Facebook is great and there are some people who respond well with the invites there, but others don't check it often or view it as a top priority thing. So again, the personal connection is really important.Anyway, it's just a few ideas that came to mind. I hope you'll give it another try because I can tell you care about your business and would like it to work. Try to reinvigorate yourself and not let the past experiences get you down. Smile and be excited about the products, recipes, the company, etc. You are providing a great product and service and will be helping others...not just asking them to buy some junk. It's quality products that will help them save money and feed their families well.Hope this helps! But hang in there...you are NOT alone! :)

To further what Steph said, are you asking/inviting? There's an old story about a woman who goes to her neighbor about once a week and says, "I just baked some really yummy cookies. They're delicious--warm, crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. They're the best cookies ever."Months went by. She was sort of miffed at the friend. Finally she said, "Why haven't you ever come over to try my yummy cookies?"Her friend said, "You never invited me."There's a difference between telling people why it's great and inviting them to take part.

Great suggestions already listed here, Jessica. I just wanted to say don't be discouraged, I have tried all of the things you mentioned without much success either. The best success is going to come from personally asking people and the best advertisement from booths/fairs and logo wear. All it takes is a couple people to host a show for you to get you jumpstarted because the bookings from those shows will help your business snowball from there. Love the booths and fairs, 90% of my business has started with them. I hope that helps.

Definitely agree with everyone about personally asking. One thing to add to that, choose wording that makes it all about the host. Rather than saying "Would you host a show for me?" which is about you, ask the host "Would you like me to come over and do a show for you?" which is about the host. It's a slight difference, but it shifts the perception of who is doing the work.

I highly recommend the online trainings Boost Your Bookings & Build Your Business with Leads. I think you might find some great ideas on how to get out there and find some new people to talk to. They are really excellent trainings that I believe everyone should take.

kristina16marie said:
I highly recommend the online trainings Boost Your Bookings & Build Your Business with Leads. I think you might find some great ideas on how to get out there and find some new people to talk to. They are really excellent trainings that I believe everyone should take.

I was just going to suggest this training -- it is excellent!

Bribery! Offer to do everything but clean the hosts house. Send the invitations, provide the ingreds and paper goods. If you get a show or 2, really think about how you can market bookings as your #1 priority in a fun way. Your upline can help you. I find talking about the fun gets me farther than talking about the benefits. Ex: January is so cold and everyone has cabin fever -- let's put on our Hawaiian shirts and make a Hawaiian pizza and drink umbrella drinks. Of course, January is so awesome. When you say I can help you get an extra $100 in free products, people pay attention.

Good luck!
Sandi

I recommend just a little more time. It's been really slow for me as well, but I think that's due to the holidays. January might be better, especially if you pitch healthy cooking for healthy resolutions! :D

I'm sorry you are having troubles. I'll be honest, I haven't read everyone's responses so I may be repeating what someone else has said. My suggestion is to be a vendor at some sort of event. Even if you only book one show outside of your circle, and then work that show following the host coaching to the letter so that you have a variety of new people at the show, it will increase your sales. We are military and move every three years. A vendor event is how I restart my business every time we move. One booking outside of your original circle can make all the difference. Good luck.

My suggestion is to give it a couple more months using the suggestions from above. Personalization is everything...I never get responses to do something until I ask one on one. Follow up is huge, it is the hardest thing for me to do, but it definitely makes a difference.

Remember...January is a new year and time for people to "start over/start something new" When calling people, Say I have been trying out PC for 6 months now, but I am ready to step it up and make it profitable...then do the "can I have a party for you..." as suggested above. I would make calls this week and then again the week after Christmas when things aren't quite as hectic.

Good Luck

I would like to place a flyer on the bulletin board at work. Does anyone have a sample flyer for me to use.

You can send pieces of paper and emails all you want and 9 out of 10 times you'll get no response. If you want the business, you need to have that one on one conversation and ask. Be excited about the special of the month. Heck, this is January and where else can you get up to $200 in EXTRA free products? Ask that person if there were 5 things in that catalog that they really wanted, what would they be? Boom! There ya go... you've started goal setting. I had someone look at one of my catalogs on Sunday and she said, "oh I wish I could afford that pan." I said, "why pay for it? I don't want my hosts paying full price for anything in this catalog!" "How about we get together and I'll show you how you can earn this pan, and possibly other favorites for free, half price or at a discount?" We booked a show for the 24th, which is also her birthday, and she is excited about starting her cookware collection.

There really are UNLIMITED Bookings!You should think about your direct sales business as a tree. When you take a walk around your neighborhood look at the big trees. Consider every branch a branch of your business. It may start with one show, then branch out into more and more shows and customers.

Each root in your business tree is a lead generation system which grows above ground into a stream of income. A direct sales business tree should have many lead generation systems as a solid foundation (root system) so it can grow tall and strong (branches) to create income.

This is another post about your direct sales business tree which is a bit more graphic in showing the business’ root system.

There are many ways to generate business including:

Friends
Family
Schools
Work
Neighbors
Organizations
Churches/Synagogues
Home Party
Strangers

:love:Listen to this recording from the Direct Sales Radio: http://www.createacashflowshow.com/building-show-business/direct-sales-bookings.htm

Re: There really are UNLIMITED Bookings!
Deb Bixler said:
You should think about your direct sales business as a tree. When you take a walk around your neighborhood look at the big trees. Consider every branch a branch of your business. It may start with one show, then branch out into more and more shows and customers.

Each root in your business tree is a lead generation system which grows above ground into a stream of income. A direct sales business tree should have many lead generation systems as a solid foundation (root system) so it can grow tall and strong (branches) to create income.

This is another post about your direct sales business tree which is a bit more graphic in showing the business’ root system.

There are many ways to generate business including:

Friends
Family
Schools
Work
Neighbors
Organizations
Churches/Synagogues
Home Party
Strangers

:love:Listen to this recording from the Direct Sales Radio: http://www.createacashflowshow.com/building-show-business/direct-sales-bookings.htm

I love this Deb! I have been in for 12 years and never heard it put quite this way! Excellent!

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. Are you working with your recruiter and/or director? Are you attending cluster meetings? Training provides lots of opportunity for practice for talking with folks and asking for what you need. Please don't give up! Sometimes we have to go outside our circles to gain what we need for business...make another list of 100 or even 50! Stick with it!

Sounds like your family has been very helpful in supporting you so far. One thing I asked my family was to bring someone with them to my party; someone I didn't know. This way I would have an opportunity to meet new individuals and not have to constantly depend on family to buy from me.

My 1 year anniversary is coming up at the end of February and only now am I starting to get more "outside the family" bookings with which I'm starting to feel a bit more stable. Vendor events have been HUGE in meeting other individuals who are interested in ordering (and sometimes booking a show). These bookings have been HUGE in getting outside the family tree.

Keep trying. Keep talking - oh this is so hard for me too. You can do it!

--Cheryl

Has anyone ever held a neighborhood "No orders expected"? I was think about it, because I too haven't had too much luck booking parties. Thanks and regards,Vickie

My director did.
She passed out 100 invitations (a few to some old customers & many to people out & about). No one showed for this one.

hamiltonchef said:
My director did.
She passed out 100 invitations (a few to some old customers & many to people out & about). No one showed for this one.

The trick with inviting people over is that you need a way to remind them. People get busy and forget. If you are a stranger to them, there's also more of a chance that they feel uncomfortable or not really connected to you to have the desire to come...unless they LOVE PC and have been wanting to attend a party or find a consultant.

So if you are inviting neighbors, you could mail them, but you could put up signs advertising it (like realtors do...with balloons, too!) You should see if it's allowed in your neighborhood first though.

Going door to door, you'll get a lot of people who think of you as a salesperson. But if you introduce yourself as a neighbor just having a party, no purchase expected, maybe it would help. I once did a party and went to most of the homes in my neighborhood and gave them full page flyers for my party and no one came. I wasn't really expecting them to, but hoped. But...I didn't think to do it as a "no orders expected" type of show. That might've gone better with strangers.

1. What is "Well, I Think I'm Done" all about?

"Well, I Think I'm Done" is a cookbook from Pampered Chef that focuses on quick and easy meals that can be made in under 30 minutes. It includes a variety of recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.

2. Are the recipes in "Well, I Think I'm Done" healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Well, I Think I'm Done" are made with fresh, whole ingredients and are designed to be nutritious and balanced. Each recipe also includes nutritional information so you can make informed choices when planning your meals.

3. Do I need any special kitchen tools or equipment to make the recipes in "Well, I Think I'm Done"?

No, the recipes in "Well, I Think I'm Done" are designed to be made with basic kitchen tools and equipment that most people already have. However, some recipes may recommend the use of specific Pampered Chef products to make cooking easier and more efficient.

4. Can I customize the recipes in "Well, I Think I'm Done" to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, many of the recipes in "Well, I Think I'm Done" can be easily customized to fit dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, or vegetarian. The cookbook also includes tips and substitutions for making the recipes fit your specific needs.

5. Are there any vegetarian or vegan recipes in "Well, I Think I'm Done"?

Yes, "Well, I Think I'm Done" includes a variety of vegetarian and vegan recipes that are both delicious and easy to make. These recipes are clearly marked in the cookbook, making it easy for vegetarians and vegans to find meals that fit their dietary preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
JaimeAnnR
  • KarenH
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheflorraine