• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jumpstart Your Direct Sales Business: Tips for Bookings and Sales Growth

In summary, Abby was able to get a jump start on her business by hosting her own party and by networking with friends and family.
K.Shaffer
What did you all do to get a jump start on your first months business? How did you get those first parties booked?

I'm trying to get my 1250 in sales by the end of April and get a good jump to my business but times a tickin' I am so excited to do PC but I am at a stand still...UGH!
I hosted my first party...Did good in sales, but was hoping for bookings. I got one confirmed but thats in May. One friend booked a party for April 8th but to a situation beyond her control we are rescheduling. She wants to have it in April, but well see. I have called friends and family who are all willing to have parties but later on towards summer.

Just looking for ideas as to how you all got your first few shows??

talk to your hairstylist, kids friends, neighbors, co-workers, church members..

I personally did not have alot of people to host parties for me either, I asked a couple family and close friends to take catalogs to work and show their families and friends and any orders they could get me, I would give them "xx". I told them about my requirement and at that time it was 4 shows or 1250 in sales, so I was more focused on the four shows. I asked I think 6-7 people to help me and I did end up qualifying in my 90 days. Hope this helps.

I was very lucky. Many friends and some family were willing to have a party. I sent an email out to over 60 friends and family asking if they would be interested in helping me start my business. About 12 said yes so i have most initial bookings from them. I have nothing for June yet but hopefully I will get some bookings in April and May. Try asking if they will have a few friends over for a small get together and just make some food for them. Good luck!

Some great ideas. Thank you everyone. I'm just so excited to get going. I had so much fun hosting my first party and from comments afterwards everyone else had fun too. Guess this is how I'm learning :::::patience:::::: LOL

K.Shaffer said:
Some great ideas. Thank you everyone. I'm just so excited to get going. I had so much fun hosting my first party and from comments afterwards everyone else had fun too. Guess this is how I'm learning :::::patience:::::: LOL

You can always host your own party!
I did that last week as my "grand opening show" (I too have been having trouble getting people to commit to hosting....got a few "want to's" but no one's committed yet....) I had 15 people come to my house! and I closed the show with $1221.50 in sales!!!!! My mom hosted a catalog party so in a week's time I was able to qualify! Woohoo!

You can do it! Just keep asking everyone!
My sister in law is hosting a party next week and we invited tons of people from church....we have 20 confirmed yeses already! woohoo! Gotta build up that network!
TGIF!
~Abigail:blushing:

I just finished my first 30 days, and hit 1250 in about 20 days. I had my grand opening show the day after my kit arrived (that was a bit stressful). Two of my best friends hosted shows for me, and then I told my mom she was going to do one. She lives 3 hours away, but it was worth it, and I have a booking off of that, so we have another excuse to go visit grandma in a couple of weeks.
I am now kind of in the same slump as you (except that I have already reached my 1250). I have lots of people willing, but not in the next couple of months. I have an aunt out of state who is doing a catalog show, and also a good friend who doesn't feel her house is adequate doing a catalog show at her work.
My best advice would be to tell you to be confident and view it as a real job. Also, tell people that you need practice and you would appreciate them helping you. One of mine, was "no pressure to buy, I just need practice" and I still got $450 in sales off of it. Don't beg, just inform and tell them that you need help. I have also emailed a couple of people outside of my main circle of friends, just telling them what I am doing, and telling them I am looking for people who I am comfortable with, but not as close to. One of those is interested, but hasn't booked yet.
It does take time, especially when you are trying to hit those big goals quick, but they are doable. Also, if you are married, have your husband do a catalog show, and just send it out to all of the people in his email address book. It only takes $150 to be a show!!!!!

1. What is a "beginner's slump" in Pampered Chef?

A beginner's slump refers to a period of time when a new consultant may experience a lack of sales or difficulty in building their business. It is a common occurrence for new consultants, but with the right strategies and support, it can be overcome.

2. How long does a beginner's slump typically last?

The length of a beginner's slump can vary from person to person. Some may only experience it for a few weeks, while others may take a few months to break out of it. It's important to stay motivated and continue working on your business during this time.

3. What can I do to overcome a beginner's slump?

There are several strategies you can try to overcome a beginner's slump. These include reaching out to your network for support, attending training and networking events, utilizing social media for marketing, and offering special promotions or discounts to attract new customers.

4. Will I be able to make a successful career with Pampered Chef despite experiencing a beginner's slump?

Absolutely! A beginner's slump is a common experience for new consultants, and with determination and hard work, you can overcome it and build a successful career with Pampered Chef. Don't be afraid to reach out for support and guidance from your upline and fellow consultants.

5. How can I prevent a beginner's slump from happening in the future?

One of the best ways to prevent a beginner's slump is to have a strong support system in place. This can include attending trainings, connecting with other consultants, and consistently working on your business. It's also important to set realistic goals and have a plan in place for how you will reach them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blarrabee
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • cheflorraine