• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Bookings: Tips for Newbies in Direct Sales

and finally learned that it's because I wasn't persistent enough. persistence is key!Also, bookings slide works! I am a believer in it! Practice zipping it out, practice what you want to day. My host asked if she could help serve, I said that would be "GREAT! because now I can share all the benefits you will be getting."Lastly, head up! Be confident. Ask everyone. Promote! You are off to an amazing start. Call some of the past guests and ask if they are interested in hosting a party! Get all jazzed up and let them here how excited you are.
KrisGio
Help, :cry:I just had my third show which actually booked off my open house (My first show) and got not one booking off of it. I only have one more show which is the 28th of this month and I am so afraid I won't have any parties for March. I am going to do my OOB calls this weekend from my 2nd party but if I don't get a show off of those, what do I do!!!! I have other friends that will have parties but want to wait til it gets warmer out.:yuck:

I don't know what i am doing wrong. Also all three parties didn't make more than $500 which is another disturbing thing. :confused: I just am at a loss. Can anyone help me, PLEASE??????

First - a $500 show is excellent! Good job - don't feel like you aren't doing well because the shows are $500!

Second - You didn't say, so I'm going to ask - are you asking EVERYONE when they check out if they would like to have a party, or are you waiting for them to ask you? ASK EVERYONE! Don't assume because they say no on their drawing slip that they mean no. Most of my bookings are from no's and maybe's.

Also - do follow up calls with guests from the shows - thank them for attending, and offer recipes and suggestions for using their new products. If they already have their products ask them how they are liking them.

Have you taken the online courses for bookings? Those are excellent in giving you words to say. Also, go through the bookings threads on here and look for ideas, and check out the bookings slide. Many people are having great success with that!

Well out of 3 parties only one was a $500 show the other two were like $375 which is disappointing. I did ask most everyone tonight and there is one person that I am going to call tomorrow to see if she wants to book. I sold her the 10" saute pan and think that if I can suggest to her in private that she could really get a good deal on the set at 50% off she might do it.

I did take some of the on-line classes. I am really afraid that after I do the OOB calls and call everyone from tonight party, either I am going to sound hokey using the scripts or just sound like I am fishing for parties.

is this your first month? if so you have already had almost 1300 in sales..... and that is from 3 shows! you are off to a great start!

KrisGio said:
Well out of 3 parties only one was a $500 show the other two were like $375 which is disappointing. I did ask most everyone tonight and there is one person that I am going to call tomorrow to see if she wants to book. I sold her the 10" saute pan and think that if I can suggest to her in private that she could really get a good deal on the set at 50% off she might do it.

I did take some of the on-line classes. I am really afraid that after I do the OOB calls and call everyone from tonight party, either I am going to sound hokey using the scripts or just sound like I am fishing for parties.

Seriously, I've been doing this for almost a year and my biggest show was somewhere around $330! Just keep asking!

I am telling you what...THE BOOKING SLIDE WORKS! I am a believer in it! Practice zipping it out, practice what you want to day. My host asked if she could help serve, I said that would be "GREAT! because now I can share all the benefits you will be getting."I am telling you it really works. There were only 6 people at the show (7 including the host) and I got 5 bookings!!!!You can do it! Head up. Be confident. Ask everyone. Promote ! You are off to an amazing start. Call some of the past guests and ask if they are interested in hosting a party! Get all jazzed up and let them here how excited you are.***************sending you booking vibes *************************

go to your list of 100 -- start calling people like crazy!! That list of 100 is an important thing to have going and updated all of the time!

First off, take it from someone you has been doing this since 2005, you don't sound "hokey" or "fishing" by using the scripts. I used to NEVER ask, and NEVER make CC calls. Then wondered why I would only have one or two shows every few months. Hello, duh, now, I ask everyone I see that mentions something about my catty tote. During my cc calls, I start just like the script says to, ask if they've taken the product out of the box, if they need any recipes, etc, etc. I read the script exactly (with emotion of course), and they can't tell. I've gotten catalog shows, and not right now responses. Not too many actual NO's by reading the script verbatim.

KrisGio said:

From one Kristen to another, I'm so proud of you!

I have to tell you that when I started (6.5 years ago...I can hardly believe it's been that long), my first two shows were $180 and $240 and I got NO bookings at any of my shows until I think my 10th show.

Notice I said AT my shows. I worked really hard at the phones and got bookings calling on everyone I knew and telling about my exciting new venture. You CAN do this.

Also, think about hosting your own March show...new catalog, new recipes. Invite different people this time...or maybe those that couldn't come to your first grand opening.

Carry SOMETHING around that says Pampered Chef with you at all times. Strike up conversations with the clerks at the grocery store about PC (how we have these great shows with recipes that average $2 a serving and tools that help make good food great).

Be the little train that could (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can). Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks for all the ideas and encouragement. I guess they won't come knocking without me asking first. I try to remember to ask and I think part of my problem is when I get a couple of No's I just don't keep asking.

I planned on doing my CC calls from last night show tonight so I just have to get enough courage, or a little sip of wine might help too (to help me relax). I do have good news sort of. I carry a PC Catalog bag all the time and in Toys R Us (of all places) I had a woman ask me if I sell PC (which is a silly question when I am carrying the bag) which I giggled a little and said yes. She hasn't had a party in years and wants to have one "late spring". I said I would call her this weekend to confirm a date and she said great. I say sort of great because yes it's a party but everyone wants to wait until late spring when we can do them on decks and outside. I guess late spring is better than never.

Thanks again for the advice and encouragement. It's a learning process (I have to remember) and I need to take it in my own hands.

KrisGio said:
Thanks for all the ideas and encouragement. I guess they won't come knocking without me asking first. I try to remember to ask and I think part of my problem is when I get a couple of No's I just don't keep asking.

I planned on doing my CC calls from last night show tonight so I just have to get enough courage, or a little sip of wine might help too (to help me relax). I do have good news sort of. I carry a PC Catalog bag all the time and in Toys R Us (of all places) I had a woman ask me if I sell PC (which is a silly question when I am carrying the bag) which I giggled a little and said yes. She hasn't had a party in years and wants to have one "late spring". I said I would call her this weekend to confirm a date and she said great. I say sort of great because yes it's a party but everyone wants to wait until late spring when we can do them on decks and outside. I guess late spring is better than never.

Thanks again for the advice and encouragement. It's a learning process (I have to remember) and I need to take it in my own hands.

A quote from Belinda Ellsworth that I say to myself all the time (I have it up on the board above my desk too) is this:

"It's Not Their Job To Call Me, It's My Job To Call Them!"

Check the files by typing in 100 No - that should help too!

Okay to add to my no booking issue, I have another problem. I met this woman (she saw my PC bag) and asked be about doing a party in the spring. I said no problem, she gave me her cell number and I told her I would call her over the weekend because she didn't have her calendar with her. I called her last night and she STILL didn't have her calendar with her and that I should call her today ANYTIME (were her words). I called her like right before noon (on the cell number she gave me) and had to leave her a message because she didn't answer. God i feel like she is giving me the run around though she posed the party to me. I don't want to harass her but I really need the party even if it's at the end of April or beginning of May. HELP!

I know you're worried and you want to succeed but you need to take a step back! You have gotten a lot of great advice in this thread but I still hear the same desperation in your last post as your first and I can tell you that you will not build your business if you are telling people that you need it.

You have to make it about THEM. When you share what THEY get for doing a show (or starting their business) your rewards will come. Be excited about what you can help them get. Don't worry about you, it will happen.

We scare people away in two ways - by being desperate and by throwing up all over them (giving them way too much information and enthusiasm).

Be yourself and have fun.

ETA: As far as that last post is concerned: She could be very excited about doing a party but something came up that she wasn't next to the phone. I assume they are interested until they tell me no. Remember too that this is our job - most people will not return your call but will be happy to hear from you when you do connect so keep the faith!

Thanks, yes I am stressing with only one show in March and I want this to work. I left her a message stating where we met and that she was interested in doing a show in the spring and left my number. I will hold off on calling her again for a bit.

Oh and I did my "list of 100" which was basically a list of about ten. We don't belong to a church, most of the things my kids do I never see the parents (i.e. gymnastics, girl scouts) and I have a couple of friends that will have parties but now is not a good time. I try and stay positive but it's unnerving since I have never done direct sales before. I really appreciate the advice and re-read it over and over again. I just want this to work so badly. :(

Thanks for letting me post my concerns.

KrisGio said:
Thanks, yes I am stressing with only one show in March and I want this to work. I left her a message stating where we met and that she was interested in doing a show in the spring and left my number. I will hold off on calling her again for a bit.

Oh and I did my "list of 100" which was basically a list of about ten. We don't belong to a church, most of the things my kids do I never see the parents (i.e. gymnastics, girl scouts) and I have a couple of friends that will have parties but now is not a good time. I try and stay positive but it's unnerving since I have never done direct sales before. I really appreciate the advice and re-read it over and over again. I just want this to work so badly. :(

Thanks for letting me post my concerns.
You need to revisit that list. Write down everyone - EVERYONE - you know - friends, neighbors, relatives, friends of friends... ASK FOR REFERRALS from the people on your list. Tell them you are so excited about what PC gives away to their hosts and you can't wait to share.

CALL YOUR DIRECTOR! She/he has a lot of resources and information that you can learn from. It's good to vent but now do some proactive things! If you really want this you can do it. People have built amazing businesses when they were brand new in a community, knowing not one single person. There's no reason to think you can't too.

KrisGio said:
Okay to add to my no booking issue, I have another problem. I met this woman (she saw my PC bag) and asked be about doing a party in the spring. I said no problem, she gave me her cell number and I told her I would call her over the weekend because she didn't have her calendar with her. I called her last night and she STILL didn't have her calendar with her and that I should call her today ANYTIME (were her words). I called her like right before noon (on the cell number she gave me) and had to leave her a message because she didn't answer. God i feel like she is giving me the run around though she posed the party to me. I don't want to harass her but I really need the party even if it's at the end of April or beginning of May. HELP!

Sounds like you need to slow down and take a deep breath. Remeber: people have lives!!! It might take her a few days to get back to you, but don't think that is the cold shoulder. Take my life for example: I have a husband, three children 6 and under, a house, after school activities, church, and 10 other things!!! If you called me and I didn't get back to you for 24 hours that is OKAY.

Your excitements is GREAT, don't get me wrong, but she is unaware of your stress about that (which is good). If you don't hear back from her in a day or so, give her a call back, people forget, get busy, etc.

In my messages that I leave I always say "If I don't hear back from you today (pick your appropriate time) then I will give you a call back." This way they are expecting you to call back, and they won't be annoyed when you do call again.

Hope this helps

Another idea- make sure you DO run into the parents at gymnastics or Scout or whatever. Hang out in those places more instead of dropping the kids off and leaving, or whatever. I've been trying to make a point to get more involved in social groups at my church- and have gotten several contacts that way. Take a scrapbooking class or something you might be interested in. Also, if you have family in other areas/states, maybe they would be willing to have a catalog party for you to keep you going. Keep an eye out for booths/fairs. We are getting into the spring seasons where many places do start having Spring Craft Fairs and bazaars. Now is when they start looking for vendors (check Craigslist, or go to the Booth forum to get ideas on where to look for fairs). Sometimes that can help you regenerate and build your list of contacts. Look at the Pamper a Business threads (do a search and you'll find lots). last idea- in the "Files" section on here, search for "Ways to get Bookings". There are a couple of documents that list various ideas. I've mentioned a few here..and that may have some ideas that you didn't think of or that would work well for you in your area.GOOD LUCK! *I'm struggling too, but not for lack of contacts- mine is lack of COURAGE* :D

Thanks Esavvymom. I will look into the threads and files section. Gymnastics and Girl Scouts - here is the funny thing, I STAY there. At Gymnastics the other parents drop off. And Girl Scouts I am a co-leader and the fathers are usually the ones picking thier girls up. I have asked my co-leaders to have parties and they are interested, it's finding the time. I used to make and sell crocheted items so I know all about the fairs (which I am on like white on rice) and I was thinking about asking my mother in law to do a catalog party while we are down there in April, then I don't have to bring my stuff.

I have one party in March and I am happy about that (another friend). I am hoping that my Saturday party gives me a booking or two. :O) I will keep plugging along and try not to stress. Knowing that I am not the only one keeping at it. :O)

Kristen,Rule of thumb to remember, what you do today shows its reward in 90 days. So you need to stay on the phone and keep asking, carry PC logo stuff and keep asking! Now I have a question for you. Is this your only source of income? If so, stay the course. And Beth is right. If you sound desperate and frazzled, people will fear you! They will be afraid that that is what you will be like to work with. And you are NEVER the real you when you act and sound that way. As soon as you sound unconcerned and relaxed and just be you, that's when people will fall for you! Now if it is not your only source of income, 1 show in March will keep your business alive so do not make it a big deal and scare yourself! That one party will give you another chance to get those bookings you want. (Key word here - want!) If you NEED them or even think you need them, it will show like a bad rash and scare people. So every time you think about getting frantic about bookings, take a deep breath and the sip of wine and RELAX!!!!

View the videos on booking on the PC website from Nancy Jo Ryan and Nancy McGovern. They are great. Also there is some new videos up! The biggest thing you have to do is stay positive! My goodness, I started in November 2007 and I made my 4 shows by the skin of my teeth in 90 days and didn't even have $1,000 in sales total! You are doing great! Not every show is $1,000! You could do a "Kids in the Kitchen" workshop with your Girl Scouts! I know there is still a cooking badge in there! Have the moms stay as helpers! Maybe turn it into a sleepover! They will have a blast! Does your Gymnastics Club have a Competition Team? Offer a PC fundraiser!

Just thought I'd add a note to the desperation statement. I was having a rough December (and everyone does well in December) then in January I started telling people that I'm not doing this for the money I'm doing it because I really love doing shows. Well I booked 3 shows in January & 3 in February and I've got 2 for March. Most of these people I didn't even ask. I just spoke sincerely about how much I love this business and PC products.

cherylsam said:
Just thought I'd add a note to the desperation statement. I was having a rough December (and everyone does well in December) then in January I started telling people that I'm not doing this for the money I'm doing it because I really love doing shows. Well I booked 3 shows in January & 3 in February and I've got 2 for March. Most of these people I didn't even ask. I just spoke sincerely about how much I love this business and PC products.

Actually though, December can be pretty rough - especially if you're new. I've been doing this for over 6 years, and it's only been the past 2 Decembers that I've figured out how to manage December sales.

But - you are completely right! People want to do shows with someone who is loving what they do - not someone who is desperate for a show. Great job on getting those bookings!

I too was looking at no bookings for March so this morning I sent out this e-mail:
"My Pampered Chef business has really slowed down and I am looking at an empty calendar. Pampered Chef brought out some new products on March 1st so if it's been a while since you had a party there are new products to see! Please contact me if you would be willing to help me by having a party in March. The only requirement is that we would need to send the party in by March 31st."
I've already gotten one booking for the 22nd and I'm hoping that I can pick up a few more as folks see their e-mail over the weekend.

1. How can I get bookings as a new consultant without a client base?

As a new consultant without any established clients, it may seem challenging to get bookings. However, there are a few strategies you can try. First, reach out to your friends and family and ask if they would be interested in hosting a party for you. You can also utilize social media to reach out to your network and promote your business. Another option is to partner with local businesses or organizations and offer to do a cooking demonstration for their employees or members. Lastly, attend vendor events or fairs to showcase your products and services to a wider audience.

2. What are some tips for hosting a successful first party as a new consultant?

Hosting your first party as a new consultant can be nerve-wracking, but with some preparation and enthusiasm, it can be a success. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the products and have a good understanding of their features and benefits. Plan a theme for your party and create a fun and engaging atmosphere. Offer special incentives or promotions for your guests to encourage them to make purchases. Lastly, have a follow-up plan in place to continue building relationships with your guests and potentially secure future bookings.

3. How can I overcome the fear of rejection as a new consultant without bookings?

It is natural to feel a bit nervous about rejection as a new consultant without confirmed bookings. However, remember that every "no" is just one step closer to a "yes." Stay positive and confident in yourself and your products. Remember that you are offering a valuable service and that it's okay if not everyone is interested. Keep reaching out to potential clients and focus on building relationships rather than just making sales. With persistence and a positive attitude, you will be able to secure bookings and grow your business.

4. What are some essential tools or resources for a new consultant without bookings?

As a new consultant without bookings, it's crucial to have some essential tools and resources to help you get started. A starter kit from Pampered Chef is a great investment as it includes product samples, catalogs, and business supplies. You will also want to have a good understanding of the compensation plan and how to track your sales and bookings. Utilize the training and support resources provided by Pampered Chef, such as online tutorials, webinars, and mentorship programs. Lastly, don't forget to have a positive mindset and a willingness to learn and grow.

5. How can I build a client base as a new consultant without bookings?

Building a client base as a new consultant without bookings may take some time and effort, but it is possible. One effective way is to ask for referrals from your existing clients. Offer incentives for them to refer their friends and family to you. Utilize social media to showcase your products and services and reach a larger audience. Attend local events and fairs to promote your business and make connections. Lastly, always provide excellent customer service to keep your clients coming back and potentially referring others to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcheatham08
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
amgreen66
  • mandy412
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies