• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Party Bookings with Incentives: Free Product & Gift Cert Tips

In summary, the author recommends giving people incentives to host a show, but believes that the host rewards program offered by the company is already generous and should be enough incentive.
blueikaos
Do you always give people an incentive to host a show?

Free product (the one my rep gave me was the cool and serve for a $400 party)
Gift Cert

When is ideal to do this?
I don't want to put out too much money from my commission, but is it worth it to get extra bookings which in turn means more shows=more money?

:confused:

NO I don't. Pampered Chef gives our host ample reason to host a show with the monthly special. The only time I give an incentive is if I want/need more shows and maybe because there is a consultant promo I want to earn. Sometimes I offer a FREE cooking show (I send invites & purchase food) from festival bookings, etc. I have also, in the past, offered an incentive when a host closes the night of their show ... I offered this with my end of the month shows and only if there is a consultant promo.

It is up to the discretion of the consultant.
I truly believe that our Host Rewards Program should be incentive enough.
In general, I usually give people that host a cooking show, a small gift as a Thank you for hosting (this is generally a new Season's Best).
When I really, really need shows and having a hard time getting bookings is the only time I offered something besides a "door prize" type gift. For instance, I offered to anyone that would host a show and close it before 8/31, a new fall product. I did not specify a dollar amount though, and I ended up giving that host the orange microfiber towel, b/c I don't like the color.

My personal opinion is that I would not offer extra incentives to host, you should be able to find willing hosts with our generous program as it is.
HTH!!

Their incentive is to get free product and the baker if they choose by hosting a show. Sometimes if I am short on shows for a sellathon ONLY, I will offer to pick up ingredients for the demo, but that's really about all. Other than that, I want them to host because they WANT to, not because I am bribing them. PC already gives them alot as is with out me having to give more.

Nope. Our host rewards program is the BEST in the industry by far. Point out what they get. No need to spend your commission on additional gifts. I do however give 2 door prizes - ticket game and I pull one of the guest info slips - AKA drawing slips.

I rarely offer anything extra unless I'm trying to push bookings for a particular date.

The only thing I do is the envelope thing, and I don't do it all the time. I have about 15 sealed envelopes. Inside each one is a note card with a product on it. Most are Rubs, but there is one with a mini bar pan, one with a set of bamboo tools..... a couple of other small items. I don't have this going in all of my circles, but, the hostess gets to put her name on an envelope. Then at her show, we open the envelope (I make a really big deal of it). Then I explain why she got the envelope, and it is really fun for her to open it. 9 times out of 10, she opens a rub, but I have given away lots of items, all fairly inexpensive. Once I did offer two envelopes for some close in dates that I needed booked.
I do think we have amazing host benefits, but I do the extra when I am really trying to get my calendar full.

Since I am just getting back into PC after a three year break! I can tell you what I did before and had great success at it, but I only do it if I want bookings on a partiuclar date I generally do it at events and fairs to intice people to book a show with me!! I have three chineese boxes that I got from Michael's or JoAnns and I put tissue paper in them and I tape the date that I am wanting to book on the front of the box and inside of the box I have a picture of a inexpensive item in the catalog that if they host and hold their show on that date I will give them that item for free!!

I have before only when I need shows on my calendar (like around the 1st of the year) but it's usually never anything big. Most of the time if I'm going to offer something, it's a free kitchen show.

I usually will do it during double trip point month...and not always. I decided I really wanted to kick it up a notch and offered a huge bonus for Feb Hosts:
If You want everything we sell then keep reading!The Pampered Chef?s next Incentive trip is to Maui and I want it! Desperately!
Usually in Feb or Jan the company gives us double points that make earning a trip easier?this year they're hinting that Feb will be double points for every dollar we sell!
I want to earn the top-level trip to Maui, which is why I?m offering you the Best Deal That I Have Ever Offered In 11 Years!

It?s My Fabulous February $1,000 Host Give-Away! With an added bonus!
All February Hosts save 60% on at least one of our most popular host selections!
Have sales over $550 and you?ll have two choices!
Something Amazing Will Happen When Your Show Tops $1,000!!
Some Or All of The New Spring Products will Be Yours FREE!!! I won?t know what they are until Feb 4th, but over the years it?s valued from more than $300 to many times well over $600!! These are my duplicates, and you?ll have these before the public can buy them!

If you are the only $1,000 host then all of my Spring Product extras are yours! If 2 or more hosts have $1,000 shows then we?ll split them as evenly as possible with first choice going to the highest show!

This is a HUGE Offer that I know you will want to get in on! But, I want Hawaii badly!! Here is the added Bonus: When you hold a company average show* I will give you $35 of product of your choice for the price of the day.
So: If your show is Feb 2nd you can get the $69 Deep Covered Baker?almost FREE! Using one of your earned half priced items the cost goes down to $34.50. Then we?ll take $35 minus the date (2nd) =$33 and your Baker is now only $1.50! Use the cash toward your 60% off item or any way you want!

Now, We are not aiming for the $450* company average. I"ll help you fill up the room with Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances (co-workers new and old jobs), Neighbors and Kid affiliations (their parents). Your show will be fun for all and over $1,000! We all love Pampered Chef because the shows teach how save money by using our products & recipes to create delicious meals.
You know what you are doing next week. You don't always know what is going on in a month. Make a Big Wish List & give me a call!

Open dates: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th (pre-Super Bowl) 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 23rd, 25th, & 26th. All Feb Shows Count!
I ended up with 10 shows, and I know it was around $140...but Feb sales were $7,228 and Mar had $6,482.

That is the most I've ever given away. It is the only time throughout the year that I offer a deal to my customer base online. Usually, if I need a booking they get a $20 gift certificate with a $450 company avg show...telling them that we are aiming way higher! I have a few early October dates that I'm going to offer this special to at my festival this weekend.

Do You Always...?

1. Do you always have to host a party to buy Pampered Chef products?

No, you can also order directly from a consultant or through our website without hosting a party.

2. Do you always have to attend a party to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you can also join as a consultant directly through our website.

3. Do you always have to pay for shipping when ordering Pampered Chef products?

Yes, there is a flat shipping fee of $6.99 for all orders under $75. However, if you host a party and reach a certain sales amount, you can earn free or discounted shipping.

4. Do you always have to purchase a starter kit to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, all new consultants are required to purchase a starter kit which includes essential business supplies and products to get started.

5. Do you always have to use Pampered Chef products to make the recipes featured in your catalog?

No, while we highly recommend using our products for the best results, you can also use similar tools and cookware to make the recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • ponvn591
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies