• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Struggles: My Journey to Success in Direct Sales

In summary, the expert thinks that the best way to increase bookings is to personalize the customer care calls, offer prizes, and postcards.
AJ-1
Hi Everyone,

You guys are such a great support system that I thought I would post here.

I just signed my first recruit on the weekend....and while I have been excited I'm a little down as well. I have struggled to get my business up off the ground and I continue to struggle for bookings. I went inactive this summer, and had 2 awesome shows...but nothing until October so my status slipped back to inactive again.

I did a show 2 weeks ago and had 4 potential bookings (they all wanted closer to Dec and Jan) but the host has joined my team. We're small...just her and I...HAHAHAHA. Anyway, on the guest care card these 4 potential hosts indicated they would support their host should she join the business.

So now I'm back to being lost. I have to talk to my new recruit about these shows and if she's interested. I have a slight feeling she may tell me to keep at least one...but I can't go with that assumption.

Now I'm stuck again. I've got a bunch of old catalogues ready to hand out to businesses in my area (walk in clinic, dental office, etc.)...I have started Customer Care Calls of past guests....but I'm hitting dead ends. Only one has requested I send along a new catalogue. I've chatted with my director, but I don't feel any more confident then before I called her.

Anyway, I was having a little pity party for myself and thought I'd come here.

Thanks for listening.....er reading :)

what is the population of your town/city?

Keep strong and determined to increase your bookings. Don't give up or give in to your pity party (we all have them at times). Stay focused and work hard. Make your CCC, work a booth near you, and continue to call past hosts they may want to book shows. Try to encourage people to book for free Christmas products.

It happens to all of us! Just get on the phone. Call all your past guests and let them know the upcoming specials. Carry PC items with you at all times, you never know who you will strike a conversation up with!

Thanks guys!

I'm in a well populated area. I was going to drive around this weekend and put flyers on the mailboxes. We don't have door-to-door delivery.

I have the tote bag with the clear front to display the catalogue. I carry it everywhere and never once have I ever been approached.

I'm trying to remain positive, but it's hard. I don't have family around either (I live in a different province), so I can't call on one of them to help in a pinch.

Its a relief to know that I'm not alone.

Thanks!

I think the Dear Santa letter under files will be a big hit--I'm giving it to everyone! Check it out. It enables people to let their loved ones know what they want for Christmas -- perhaps you could even offer free wrapping.

gailz2 said:
I think the Dear Santa letter under files will be a big hit--I'm giving it to everyone! Check it out. It enables people to let their loved ones know what they want for Christmas -- perhaps you could even offer free wrapping.

What a great idea!! I may have to do that! :thumbup: :D

AJ-1. I really don't think the flyers are a great idea. Personal contact is the best way. And, it may annoy people to get a flyer or see them blowing around on the ground. Take that time to start making customer care calls or call people you still haven't reached. (And, it's illegal to place anything on/in mailboxes.) Ask people if they know anyone who you could call. I didn't read this entire thread, but have you had your own show? It's a great time of year because people can purchase Christmas presents. You still have time to get postcards out. Offer prizes for EVERYTHING! I give prizes for: RSVP by the date I chose, arriving on time, bringing a friend and/or outside order, paying with a debit/credit card, booking a show (bigger prize), helping with the recipe (not sure if I'm doing a demo or not), spending $60, etc. I put it all on the postcard, and I included that the plain stoneware is 20%. Make your invites really exciting and upbeat. Send them to everyone, and be prepared to call all of them. Give yourself about 4 or 5 days with the RSVP so you have enough time to call everyone who doesn't call you.

You're not alone. Everyone has hard times and everyone gets down. Just don't stay down.

Thanks for the advice. I have been doing customer care calls and have only had one person say they would like me to send the fall flyer. Some even seem irritated with the fact I'm following up to address any concerns they have with their products.

I have done my own show. It didn't go over well at all. I am thinking about doing one later this month, however it's difficult when you've already been stung by a bad open house previously. I don't know a lot of people in my area which also makes it difficult.

When I've asked for referrals I get a "no", I send out monthly newsletters and never get a response.

As for the mailboxes, there are flyers on there all of the time advertising for different things, so I'm not sure about it being illegal here.

Can you ask anyone to give you referrals? If they aren'ti interested in doing a show, maybe they know someone who MAY be?
It's hard once you start to run dry, but hang in there, something will come up that you least expect I"m sure!
Good luck!

1. How can I use Pampered Chef products to boost my mood?

Our products are designed to make cooking and entertaining more enjoyable, which can in turn improve your mood. Try using our colorful kitchen tools and fun serving dishes to add a touch of fun to your meals.

2. What recipes do you recommend to help lift my spirits?

We have a variety of delicious recipes on our website that are sure to put a smile on your face. From comfort foods like mac and cheese to healthier options like grilled chicken with vegetables, there's something for everyone.

3. How can I use essential oils to improve my mood while cooking?

We offer a line of essential oils that can be used in a variety of ways, including in our diffusers or added to recipes. Some popular mood-boosting oils include lavender, peppermint, and citrus scents.

4. Are there any specific kitchen tools or gadgets that can help improve my mood?

Our stoneware and non-stick cookware are designed to make cooking and clean-up easier, which can help reduce stress and improve your mood. Additionally, our herb and citrus infusers can add a burst of flavor and aroma to your dishes.

5. How can I incorporate self-care into my cooking routine with Pampered Chef?

We believe that cooking and self-care go hand in hand. Our products are designed to make meal prep and cooking easier and more enjoyable, allowing you to focus on taking care of yourself while creating delicious meals for yourself and your loved ones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJ-1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AJ-1
  • MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
  • Humble Beginnings