• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Do You Donate to Fundraisers?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of fundraisers and how much the participants personally contribute to them. Some suggest donating a portion of their commission, while others mention donating a set amount or a percentage based on sales. There is also discussion about the benefits of donating for future bookings. Overall, the consensus seems to be that it is important to balance giving back with making a profit for oneself.
beckysuem
I've had someone e-mail me asking me to help with a fundraiser. She said she had a consultant work with her organization last year, but she wasn't happy with the amount they earned based on how much product they sold.

How much do you personally contribute to fundraisers? Is it worth it to start forking over my own commission to an organization that I have no ties to? Do you contribute your own money for bookings also? I anticipate that I fundraiser will be a lot of work and I certainly don't want to lose money on the thing.

Thoughts??

This document might give you some good insight to fundraisers:

http://www.chefsuccess.com/attachme...an-answers-nancy-jo-ryan-fundraising-tips.doc

That being said, I have one repeating fundraiser to which I donate an additional 10%, but it is for a walk that I personally participate in as well, and is a cause near to me. Beyond that I don't generally offer additional percentages, mainly because my business is at a point where I need my commission for me, especially when it's a lower percentage.

I try to spend as little as necessary on my business. The host benefits are great without me having to add incentives.

If it is a group I am personally involved in I donate everything minus my expenses (to avoid any conflict of interest) otherwise the only thing I donate is $25 when any booking from the FR is held and is at least $300.

I usually do fundraisers w people or organizations I know well. Then I give a part of my comission. Since they did a fundraiser last year id ask how much they sold/what they got. then id ask what their goal is and probably go a tiered comission thing. for example if they sold $1000 last year I'd make it the minimum for a commission kick in (like maybe 5%), then I'd say if they reach $2000 give them 10% or something. Remember they get the PC extra kick in at 600. So play w the numbers and see if there are numbers that you are comfortable w. Remember that high sales will bum your commissions on sales in your.other shows that month.

I've done one PC fundraiser where PC donated 15%. I then donated $50 of my own money (about a third of my commission for the FR) for the cause because the benefactor is a close friend of mine.

I set up the day's sales as a fundraiser and give them 15% from PC. Typically there is a table fee anyway, so I feel that this is fair!

A friend of mine will donate a 10% (2/3 of her commission) if the fundraiser goes over $1000. That gives them an extra $100+.I like the ideas given of donating a certain amount. If it's an organization I myself am involved in, I do at least 5%, maybe more if they go above a certain level.

I would start by seeing what their total sales were last year. If she was disappointed last year there's a good chance she'll be disappointed this year unless they do more than they did last year. Give an extra percentage if you feel comfortable (make sure to recoup at least your own costs though!!). Giving out extra for bookings is always a good idea. It gets you in front of more people in a personal setting vs a fundraising setting.

I donate 5% if it doesn't reach 650 and then 10% if it does. I al)so donate 5% of any sales from future bookings held within 3 months of the fundraiser. I did a fundraiser in May it was $1700 and I got three bookings that were a total of $2900 in sales over the summer the money given was a write off and earned me Las Vegas (As long as the final recruit qualifies)

1. How much of each sale goes towards the fundraiser?

For each fundraiser, Pampered Chef donates 15% of the total sales to the organization. This means that for every $100 in sales, $15 will go towards the fundraiser.

2. Is there a minimum sales amount required for donations?

No, there is no minimum sales amount required for donations. Even if the total sales from the fundraiser are lower than expected, Pampered Chef will still donate 15% of the total sales to the organization.

3. Do online sales count towards the fundraiser?

Yes, online sales do count towards the fundraiser. When customers order through the organization's unique fundraiser link, 15% of their purchases will be donated to the organization.

4. How are donations from the fundraiser paid out?

Donations from the fundraiser are paid out through a check or electronic funds transfer (EFT) within 7-10 business days after the fundraiser's closing date. The organization can choose their preferred payment method.

5. Are there any additional fees or costs involved in the fundraiser?

No, there are no additional fees or costs involved in the fundraiser. Pampered Chef covers all costs associated with processing and shipping orders, so the organization can receive the full 15% donation from each sale.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • SVanHout