• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover a Delicious Way to Raise Funds with Our Cookbook Fundraiser!

In summary, the cookbooks in September are $10 each and the organization will make $5 up front on each cookbook sold. The flyer and letter that were attached detail how to raise funds with this idea. The rewards for 5, 10, 15, and 20 products sold are not specified.
Looking forward to the response Jennifer! thanks!

After reading this ENTIRE thread if how the area of adding $5 is not covered I will email that questions back too.

My feeling are always if you have it in writting then they cannot renig on what was agreed. You never know for sure if all our calls will be put into the computer and the content of them to cover us COMPLETEY for any problems.

Thanks Jennifer!

jennifer did you email to the solution center or somewhere else. Im thinking the paper trail way would be more effective (plus i wont sound like a bumbling idiot on the phone :p) boy am i a phone a phobe :)

you mean a bumbling idiot like me?! ;)

i already called them I wonder if it would be wise to email and try to get same reponse, only concern is they will say NO in writing LOL

abrahamlaur said:
you mean a bumbling idiot like me?! ;)

i already called them I wonder if it would be wise to email and try to get same reponse, only concern is they will say NO in writing LOL

I can see the concern. I'd document exactly what you were told during your phone call and write saying "I want to confirm this information is correct and it is ok for me to do..."

Okay Jennifer...waiting on bated breath for the answer from HO. I am wanting to do this so bad, but am afraid to actually get the ball rolling because I just know I will screw it up somehow:rolleyes:

tlennhoff said:
I can see the concern. I'd document exactly what you were told during your phone call and write saying "I want to confirm this information is correct and it is ok for me to do..."
Just my opinion here for what it's worth... but I think we're all stressing way too much over this. I called, got a postiive response, recorded in my notebook who I spoke with, time and date of the call, and the answers to the pertinent issues. If anyone calls me on the carpet about this, I have my own paper trail. I don't make things up so if they accuse me of doing so that is on them, not on me, and I know they document calls, so they can go back to the solution center worker and deal with them if anyone has a problem with my actions. I am sure this reads as me being a smart mouth but honestly, I just don't have the time to devote to anxiety over this issue any more. Good luck to everyone know matter how you choose to proceed, but try not to lose sleep over this one anymore! :)

My concern was with the "donation" part. Some were told fine and I was told under no circumstance could I do that. Doing the no donation part makes it more complicated and the organization (especially if it is like a pre-school) will not receive as much $$, which will probably still turn them off. I know the pre school I was thinking of contacting about this always does a Home Interior candle fundraiser and they make 50% and to my understanding doesn't inflate their rate to do it.

dwyerkim said:
Just my opinion here for what it's worth... but I think we're all stressing way too much over this. I called, got a postiive response, recorded in my notebook who I spoke with, time and date of the call, and the answers to the pertinent issues. If anyone calls me on the carpet about this, I have my own paper trail. I don't make things up so if they accuse me of doing so that is on them, not on me, and I know they document calls, so they can go back to the solution center worker and deal with them if anyone has a problem with my actions. I am sure this reads as me being a smart mouth but honestly, I just don't have the time to devote to anxiety over this issue any more. Good luck to everyone know matter how you choose to proceed, but try not to lose sleep over this one anymore! :)

Kim - I'm completely with you on this. I have already sent out my emails to my contacts with schools, organizations and churches. I had two Reps from HO tell me the same thing (refer to previous post) and my director even said to go through with how I am doing it. My director passed on this fundraiser idea to our cluster. She isn't worried about, therefore, I'm not. ;-) I would think that we all have enough documented items to CYA (cover your a$$).

Good luck with your fundraiser!

well i just got off the phone with HO
and never actually got an answer, was asked to email any info i had on it and it would be researched for me
person stated that she "thinks" they are going to allow a go ahead in the states
also being the first to call from canada guess i threw her off

but as soon as i asked about the fundraiser which focuses mainly on cookbooks there was a big sigh. you know the "oh no not again" sighs

so those canadians thinking about this id wait and see
will let you know anything as soon as i do :)

PCwithStay-C said:
jennifer did you email to the solution center or somewhere else. Im thinking the paper trail way would be more effective (plus i wont sound like a bumbling idiot on the phone :p)

boy am i a phone a phobe :)

I emailed the solution center. Once you get a reply back you can continue to "reply" to it and deal with the same person. Or at least that is the way it worked when I have a technical support problem.

Leigh0725 said:
Kim - I'm completely with you on this. I have already sent out my emails to my contacts with schools, organizations and churches. I had two Reps from HO tell me the same thing (refer to previous post) and my director even said to go through with how I am doing it. My director passed on this fundraiser idea to our cluster. She isn't worried about, therefore, I'm not. ;-) I would think that we all have enough documented items to CYA (cover your a$$).

Good luck with your fundraiser!

Thanks--I gave info out to a MOPS group friend yesterday for her to share with their steering committee (she was griping about how they worked all year doing bake sales and what not and only raised $400, this cookbook thing would blow that out of the water with far less work). I am meeting with a mom tomorrow who is doing a big cooking show fundraiser and we're going to tack on the cookbook piece for people to take with them and sell.

I decided to call HO too while I wait for my email response. The rep could not answer all my questions and ask why was this being asked so much today! HA! I am on hold to get to a supervisor that can answer all my questions.

It may not be that big of a deal to worry about but with all the calls and emails they are apparently getting on this you can bet they will be checking shows with just cookbooks on them real close now. IMHO. And I do not want to have to go back to an organization and tell them I was not allowed to do what I told them I could do - talk about a reputation killer.

Here's what I was told8/15/2007 HO call.

I spoke to Beverly Vosberg who asked her supervisor Claudia Quellar.

I can put all cook book orders under one person. They can add any additional donation/funds to the cook book price. Anything over the charge of the cookbook is up to the organization and PC does not regulate that. She said I could handle it however as long as it following regular Fundraiser guidelines and that PC would pay the 10% or 15% normally.

She seemed to take offense to my asking all these questions. I told her I just wanted to make sure I was not doing anything that I was not suppose to do.

I called too, but the answer you got was a bit more detailed then mine. I was basically told that guests can purchase whatever they want, and if they all want cookbooks then that is ok. I kinda got the "Duh" attitude from the gal I spoke to also.

I was wondering if some kind soul had made up an order form, which only lists the cookbooks and the $15 price? I would love to have one of these, but what I've seen is in Word document form, which do not have on my computer, so I cannot add my contact information to it....

I have talked to a preschool today, and she is VERY interested in doing this, so I really need to get info together ASAP...as it turns out, she is the administrator of TWO preschools, so I'll be able to get TWO fundraisers out of this idea!! Thanks to whoever thought of it!!!!

Paula

P.S. I would like the "disclaimer" on it, that the price includes shipping and handling charges. But....I just want it to be a form like the Girl Scout cookie form. Pictures of the cookbooks would be great, with a place to indicate how many of each they'd like, @ $15 each. And a place for the student's name at the top of the form. Nice and simple, kwim??

Thanks sooo much!!

Paula,

Have you tried going to OpenOffice.org: Home and downloading that office suite? it can read and save Microsoft Word files.

Thank you, Stacey! I'm downloading it now. My problem is not reading/opening Word documents, as they do that just fine. It's just that, most Consultants have their contact information on flyers, etc. that they've created, and they come up as a locked document, which means I cannot alter them in any way.

Will this program help to remedy that?

Thanks!
Paula

Paula - it should work! openoffice is just like word - only free! I used it last year in the computer lab at preschool and it worked fine.

Paula R. Lewis said:
Thank you, Stacey! I'm downloading it now. My problem is not reading/opening Word documents, as they do that just fine. It's just that, most Consultants have their contact information on flyers, etc. that they've created, and they come up as a locked document, which means I cannot alter them in any way.

Will this program help to remedy that?

Thanks!
Paula

It depends on how they've added thier info. I know at least one person on here uses the "ads" that she downloaded from merrill. For those you'd need to delete her "ad" with her info and then add your info in manually. If you email the document you are trying to modify to me I'll take a look and see what the problem is. My email is [email protected].

Thanks, Cindy! I'm still downloading it...had to stop for dinner....looking forward to trying it out!!

Paula

I just hung up with HO and was told I CANNOT do a fundraiser that only offers cookbooks. They have to offer the whole catalog, but if all orders are for cookbooks that is OK:yuck: She said that each order had to be entered separately, each individual had to get a receipt and each individual had to pay tax & shipping. She said all fundraiser guidelines had to be followed (whatever that means). I asked about entering orders under each seller, and she said absolutely not. I responded that it makes sorting much easier for the organization if the orders are separated by seller and she again said that it couldn't be done that way. My final response was that I am not willing to enter 400 individual orders for one show and I would suggest that the group go a different route. She said "sounds like that may be best"??????? She never asked for my name, Consultant #, or anything. Do I need to call back to see if I get a different person???

I was really excited about this & have some organizations very interested.

pamperedtara said:
I just hung up with HO and was told I CANNOT do a fundraiser that only offers cookbooks. They have to offer the whole catalog, but if all orders are for cookbooks that is OK:yuck: She said that each order had to be entered separately, each individual had to get a receipt and each individual had to pay tax & shipping. She said all fundraiser guidelines had to be followed (whatever that means). I asked about entering orders under each seller, and she said absolutely not. I responded that it makes sorting much easier for the organization if the orders are separated by seller and she again said that it couldn't be done that way. My final response was that I am not willing to enter 400 individual orders for one show and I would suggest that the group go a different route. She said "sounds like that may be best"??????? She never asked for my name, Consultant #, or anything. Do I need to call back to see if I get a different person???

I was really excited about this & have some organizations very interested.
sounds like you got a very different response than I did. Stinks. they have your name and consultant number referenced by your phone # when you call in. I would call back and speak with a supervisor, say something like you have gotten some conflicting reports from other people and want to clarify. Good luck.

Just spoke to a different person that did request my info and she said I would just need to call before submitting the show if there were 50 or more orders for the same product # on that show. Otherwise, I just submit it as normal. I think I am going to go ahead with this.
Surely, they won't accept some fund raiser shows and reject others based on conflicting answers by solution center reps???????? I like the cooking show kick-off with the catalog sale for them to take with them to sell. (Sorry, I don't remember who posted that, but thanks!) Probably will go that route just to be safe.

Last edited:
Sounds like HO needs to get there heads together for consistancy in their answers re: this cookbook fundraiser inquiry!

It is very frustrating to get mixed messages. I’ve had three talks on the phone with HO and each person’s personality is a bit different. Nevertheless, they’ve all given the same general information to me by referring us back to the policy and procedure manual. The last time I called in they said the solution center wasn’t authorized to answer my questions about the cookbook fundraiser. They transferred me to field services (AKA Career Solutions). Uh oh! :eek: How many of us got our answers from the regular solution center? And how were we to know that they aren’t the right place? Grrr! :grumpy:

After all of the varied answers I’ve heard, I’ve finally come to understand what some of you more seasoned consultants/directors said long ago in this thread: There are policies in place and we either follow them or we don’t. This fundraiser can’t make special allowances that aren’t true for every other show we do. A rep’s comments to us about “as long as it doesn’t break policy” and “as long as the organization is handling the donations” and “as long as the customer specifically says it’s okay to combine their order” all cover their own b*tts and lead us back to the regular black and white policies and procedures. Even the Fundraiser policies depend on the regular policies. And I’m embarrassed that I didn’t re-read them before calling HO. For example, I didn’t even realize that our policy says in BOLD letters, “You must provide each guest with an official sales receipt when her/his order is placed, because it includes legal information about consumer rights on the reverse side.”

When I asked for their details answers in writing, I was told that it has to all be on the phone. The only “in writing” thing is our policy manual which ultimately governs everything. They give us an answer based only on what we ask (nothing more) and that each of us must use our own conscience to take away our answers (based on our knowledge of policy). Obviously, they will not be held accountable for what we choose to do. They aren’t going to police us, so it’s up to you to do what you’ve gotta do. My last response from them was like this, “Well, we do NOT condone or encourage this, but we won’t be able to know you did it.” When they told me this on the phone yesterday I felt kinda like they were washing their hands of the question (i.e. reference to Pilate saying, "I won't be guilty…do what you must!"). I simply don't feel like I was released to do what I want to do, regardless of what the last rep told me. :(

I’m not sure that I want to do it anymore, but I really don’t want to discourage anyone else. If you've thought it through and feel good about it, GO FOR IT and please keep us posted on the outcome. Unfortunately, after reading the policies and procedures and talking to head managers and career solutions office, the FUN has been taken out of it for me (leaving me with just “draiser” and what does THAT do for me ;)). Their answers AND policy makes it much too complicated for my tastes—it’s a bit much for me as a new consultant. I think I’d rather sit this one out and just root the rest of you on. I have plenty of real shows to prepare for right now, anyway.

Have fun, everyone! :D

OK so this is what I was going to write to HO but now it looks like I wil have to give them a call. I was writing to inquire about the idea of offering a cookbook fundraiser. I was told to contact HO regarding this fundraiser idea to get permission to offer and hold such a fundraiser. Below are details of how I would offer and run this fundraiser. - Organisations will be given the option to hold a fundraiser with a major focus on Cookbooks during the month of September.
- Other products will be offered, although these orders will be taken through my website, not on the order forms used by the organisation.
- Cookbooks will be offered at the September Guest Special of $10. People will then be asked to make a voluntary donation to the organisation. The numbers will look something like this.
1 Cookbook @ $10
Shipping @ $4
Tax 6% @ $.84
Total Paid = $16
Donated Amount $1.16

For 2 Cookbooks it would work out like this
2 Cookbook @ $20
Shipping @ $4
Tax 6% @ $1.44
Total Paid = $32
Donated Amount $6.56As the amount of books sold goes up, so does the donation amount. - Each order would be submitted under each person orderings name on a September OOF. Eg: If Mary sells to 4 different people, each person would receive a receipt, and each order would be submitted into PP+ that way. Official receipts with warranty and guarantee information would be distributed with the cookbooks.
- All books would be delivered to one central location ie: a church or school.
- Organisations would also get the normal fundraiser donation of 10-15% depending on sales. Please let me know if this idea as I have stated above is allowed by The Pampered Chef and is following company policy and I have read and understand it regarding ordering and Fundraisers.
Thank You
Stacey TateOK I just decided I will do both, I just sent the email and now Im going to call and try speak with someone.

Last edited:
LibrarianChef said:
It is very frustrating to get mixed messages. I’ve had three talks on the phone with HO and each person’s personality is a bit different. Nevertheless, they’ve all given the same general information to me by referring us back to the policy and procedure manual. The last time I called in they said the solution center wasn’t authorized to answer my questions about the cookbook fundraiser. They transferred me to field services (AKA Career Solutions). Uh oh! :eek: How many of us got our answers from the regular solution center? And how were we to know that they aren’t the right place? Grrr! :grumpy:

After all of the varied answers I’ve heard, I’ve finally come to understand what some of you more seasoned consultants/directors said long ago in this thread: There are policies in place and we either follow them or we don’t. This fundraiser can’t make special allowances that aren’t true for every other show we do. A rep’s comments to us about “as long as it doesn’t break policy” and “as long as the organization is handling the donations” and “as long as the customer specifically says it’s okay to combine their order” all cover their own b*tts and lead us back to the regular black and white policies and procedures. Even the Fundraiser policies depend on the regular policies. And I’m embarrassed that I didn’t re-read them before calling HO. For example, I didn’t even realize that our policy says in BOLD letters, “You must provide each guest with an official sales receipt when her/his order is placed, because it includes legal information about consumer rights on the reverse side.”

When I asked for their details answers in writing, I was told that it has to all be on the phone. The only “in writing” thing is our policy manual which ultimately governs everything. They give us an answer based only on what we ask (nothing more) and that each of us must use our own conscience to take away our answers (based on our knowledge of policy). Obviously, they will not be held accountable for what we choose to do. They aren’t going to police us, so it’s up to you to do what you’ve gotta do. My last response from them was like this, “Well, we do NOT condone or encourage this, but we won’t be able to know you did it.” When they told me this on the phone yesterday I felt kinda like they were washing their hands of the question (i.e. reference to Pilate saying, "I won't be guilty…do what you must!"). I simply don't feel like I was released to do what I want to do, regardless of what the last rep told me. :(

I’m not sure that I want to do it anymore, but I really don’t want to discourage anyone else. If you've thought it through and feel good about it, GO FOR IT and please keep us posted on the outcome. Unfortunately, after reading the policies and procedures and talking to head managers and career solutions office, the FUN has been taken out of it for me (leaving me with just “draiser” and what does THAT do for me ;)). Their answers AND policy makes it much too complicated for my tastes—it’s a bit much for me as a new consultant. I think I’d rather sit this one out and just root the rest of you on. I have plenty of real shows to prepare for right now, anyway.

Have fun, everyone! :D
Well said. I always feel that if I have to find ways to justify why/how I am doing something then I shouldn't be doing it (works in life too).

At first I thought this was a great idea but after reflecting on it I will not be offering this - it's too much work to justify it to PC therefore I'm seeing lots of red flags stopping me.

PCwithStay-C said:
.......OK I just decided I will do both, I just sent the email and now Im going to call and try speak with someone.
It will be interesting to see if you get the same answer both times! Please let us know what they say.

I personally think we are taking this way to .. far? WE are making more of a big deal out of it than we should. You can follow the rules per HO and the policy's manual and still do this fundraiser. When I spoke with someone in Career Solutions, she said I could do the order form, but just should have a way for them to order offline if they want. I will have my website on there if they watn to order more than just the cookbooks. I dont mind keying everything into PP3 if that means this organization (my FRG and very near and dear to my heart) will benefit from it. I commend you not wanting to do it so you can stay true to the policy, but i do not believe the way i am going to do it will be going against them.

I have only offered this to one person so far...and I think that will be all I offer it to. The mixed messages we have all gotten, myself from calling twice, has sucked the life out of it for me. I don't make alot of $$ doing fundraisers, so it is just not worth the aggrivation to me.
Good Luck to those of you who are still going to do this. I wish you all success!!!:thumbup:

Thanks Leslie .. I have never done a FR before but my FRG leader asked me about one before .. I"m choose to do this becuase I dont have enough Catalogs to give out to everyone! Good luck with yours!

my $.02Just my 2 cents I have found over the years if you call HO and don't like the answer or Attitude (although that has not been an issue for years _used to be) Just call back you will get someone that's usually a little nicer and usually more accomadating.

Hi Everyone
I just wanted to update on my response from HO. So as long as I follow all fundraiser rules and procedures then I can go ahead with the fundraiser (or offering it at least)

Hi Stacey,

Thank you for your email inquiring about the possibility of offering a
fundraiser featuring The Pampered Chef's library of cookbooks that are
being featured in the guest special for September orders! I appreciate
your detailed examples.

It is important that your customers see the same level of detail
described in your email on their order forms. The customer must clearly
understand the cost of the cookbook is being offered at $10.00 as a
September guest special. They must also see their shipping charge and
the exact amount of sales tax they are paying. In other words, they
must be aware of how the total charge is broken down.

Also, in the two cookbook purchase example, this would apply only if
both cookbooks are being purchased by one customer. In that case, it is
appropriate to charge $4 shipping. As with Cooking Shows, or any other
order type, the Home Office does not condone combining orders.

What you are proposing is not reflective of our typical fundraiser. As
referenced in our guidelines, a fundraiser is essentially a Cooking Show
for a select group and offers special advantages.

Each customer can order from a wide range of products
Fundraisers provide an enjoyable way for a club or group members to
interact
No extra time is needed for door-to-door or special event sales

However we are allowing the sale of products to an organization as long
as the retail price, tax and shipping are clearly communicated and a
receipt is given to each customer.

For complete details on the Cooking Show Fundraiser please refer to page
F-5 in the Policies and Procedures online behind Consultant's Corner.

thanks stacey!

Is anyone working on an actual order form and letter that outlines these details to a group? Was just wondering!

tlennhoff said:
If they order through a show on PWS then you have to manually enter it and at that time I would call the individual customers to explain why the amount being charged on their credit card was different from what they were told on the website. If they ordered the cookbooks through the "cooks library" they would wonder at the $14.95 price and the shipping charges that show at the end. If they ordered through the guest special link then they would be confused as to why it said $10 a cookbook instead of $15 a cookbook.

It's too bad that, when doing fundraisers, people can't "round-up" and/or add a $5 amount to their order to go towards the named fundraising group. Does that make sense? Maybe something to suggest to PC?

karlene, i will be this weekend. I probably wont get to post it till Sunday but I will be doing one.

[QUOTEIf they order through a show on PWS then you have to manually enter it and at that time I would call the individual customers to explain why the amount being charged on their credit card was different from what they were told on the website. If they ordered the cookbooks through the "cooks library" they would wonder at the $14.95 price and the shipping charges that show at the end. If they ordered through the guest special link then they would be confused as to why it said $10 a cookbook instead of $15 a cookbook.
OK so this is just how I will be doing it.
Cookbooks will only be ordered through orders from people, not on the website. I will direct people to my website for other orders but all cookbook orders must be ordered on an order form. I dont want to have to be calling 100 people telling them that I will be charging their credit cards a different amount.
Make sense??

Last edited:
its_me_susan said:
It's too bad that, when doing fundraisers, people can't "round-up" and/or add a $5 amount to their order to go towards the named fundraising group. Does that make sense? Maybe something to suggest to PC?

Sorry, this is what I was refering to in my last post!

Stacey
thank you so much!!!!
I have 3 groups waiting to do this and just havent been able to come up with the right layout for things...any help would be greatly appreciated!
Have a great weekend

OK so here is what I have so far. I have done a 'Cheat Sheet' for those collecting orders to have all the info right in front of them. I also have 2 different types of letters to go out to organisations. I took someones elses letter that I think may have been on this thread and just changed it up abit.
One is for using a cooking show to kick off the fundraising. The second has a paragraph of personal info. Pick and choose or redo as you feel fit.I am working on an order form. Its 99% done. I just have to put the donation information on it and redo the category part. Let me know if there is anything that needs to be changed or you think should be changed.
ThanksNEW LETTERS CHEATSHEET AND ORDER FORM DOWN BELOW

Last edited:
It just took me 1 hour to read through this whole thread!!! I might try it for my church (I am the Cubbies Director for Awana). I just need to make sure I also get the okay from HO, make it CLEAR that the cookbooks are $10 but any extra donations would be appreciated and of course, get the okay from my Pastor.

Is any one able to make up the flyers with cookbook pictures similar to the original one posted at the beginning of the thread? I just need to make it clear about the $10 cost with "optional" additional donation.

PCwithStay-C said:
The customer must clearly understand the cost of the cookbook is being offered at $10.00 as a September guest special. They must also see their shipping charge and the exact amount of sales tax they are paying. In other words, they must be aware of how the total charge is broken down... As with Cooking Shows, or any other order type, the Home Office does not condone combining orders... we are allowing the sale of products to an organization as long as the retail price, tax and shipping are clearly communicated and a receipt is given to each customer.

Thanks for sharing your written response from HO, Stacey. I'm impressed that a normal rep had the guts to finally put it in writing! They must have felt confident that their response was in line with company policy. That's the exact same response I've gotten every time I've spoken to someone higher up. And it's the same thing that the policy states for shows/fundraisers. It's nice to see HO reps getting on the same page. My account is flagged as the person who wrote in about this fundraiser way-back-when (with those 9 steps that we discussed on here a couple weeks ago). So when I call in they say, "Oh, we see that you wrote in a detailed email about a possible cookbook fundraiser outlining the details and our head manager called you twice and told you...." :eek: So I'm like, "That's correct, and I'm back with more questions. Is the manager in? I'd love to speak with her again, if so." I hope to never have to call in about this again.

PCwithStay-C said:
Let me know if there is anything that needs to be changed or you think should be changed.
Thanks

Stacey, your intro letter looks nice. :D The only part I might change is "These are full-size, full-color, spiral-bound cookbooks that are sold through our consultants at a price of $16 each" to say they are "normally sold through our consultants at a price of $14.75 + $4.00 shipping and ___% tax each." My intro letter is very similar, just made short enough to fit on one page.

Obviously, for this fundraiser, each of us would be charging different donation prices depending on what the organization wanted. IF the one organization that I sent all of my paperwork to decides they want to do this then I would likely "suggest" $18 for the first cookbook and $15 for every additional one so that it encourages each person to get more than 1 for the discounted price after the first. It's amazing how that incentive works. ;) That way, if a bunch of people only buy 1 cookbook a piece, they still get individual shipping per HO policy and the organization still gets a nice profit even if one cookbook is sold per person. I'm actually MUCH more comfortable with having an official receipt for each person. If I was going to combine orders that would have been a ton of copying and separating and writing out individual donation amounts, etc. It was getting WAY too complicated for me and it didn't feel right. :yuck:

I really liked your cheat sheet. It's so pleasing to the eyes! :)

Last edited:
Christ Follower said:
Is any one able to make up the flyers with cookbook pictures similar to the original one posted at the beginning of the thread? I just need to make it clear about the $10 cost with "optional" additional donation.

Ellen, which flyer are you talking about? can you post it. I dont think the flyers need to have that information about how much the donations are. Just the order forms.

PCwithStay-C said:
Ellen, which flyer are you talking about? can you post it. I dont think the flyers need to have that information about how much the donations are. Just the order forms.

That's what I understood, too. Just the order forms and receipts.

LibrarianChef said:
Thanks for sharing your written response from HO, Stacey. I'm impressed that a normal rep had the guts to finally put it in writing! They must have felt confident that their response was in line with company policy. That's the exact same response I've gotten every time I've spoken to someone higher up. And it's the same thing that the policy states for shows/fundraisers. It's nice to see HO reps getting on the same page. My account is flagged as the person who wrote in about this fundraiser way-back-when (with those 9 steps that we discussed on here a couple weeks ago). So when I call in they say, "Oh, we see that you wrote in a detailed email about a possible cookbook fundraiser outlining the details and our head manager called you twice and told you...." :eek: So I'm like, "That's correct, and I'm back with more questions. Is the manager in? I'd love to speak with her again, if so." I hope to never have to call in about this again.
Yeah Im glad I got such a well written responst. It made my decision on whether or not to go ahead with this idea alot easier.

LibrarianChef said:
Stacey, your intro letter looks nice. :D The only part I might change is "These are full-size, full-color, spiral-bound cookbooks that are sold through our consultants at a price of $16 each" to say they are "normally sold through our consultants at a price of $14.75 + $4.00 shipping and ___% tax each." My intro letter is very similar, just made short enough to fit on one page.
OK how you have it makes more sense. The original letter had something like that but it made it sound like the fundraiser would sell them for that amount. I couldnt figure out how to make it sound like you wrote it :D

LibrarianChef said:
Obviously, for this fundraiser, each of us would be charging different donation prices depending on what the organization wanted. IF the one organization that I sent all of my paperwork to decides they want to do this then I would likely "suggest" $18 for the first cookbook and $15 for every additional one so that it encourages each person to get more than 1 for the discounted price after the first. It's amazing how that incentive works. ;) That way, if a bunch of people only buy 1 cookbook a piece, they still get individual shipping per HO policy and the organization still gets a nice profit even if one cookbook is sold per person. I'm actually MUCH more comfortable with having an official receipt for each person. If I was going to combine orders that would have been a ton of copying and separating and writing out individual donation amounts, etc. It was getting WAY too complicated for me and it didn't feel right. :yuck:
I LOVE the higher price for the first cookbook idea! That is a great idea.

LibrarianChef said:
I really liked your cheat sheet. It's so pleasing to the eyes! :)

OK so I made some adjustments to what I had. I will delete the old ones and put the new ones up.

I will also work on a flyer this afternoon.

Attachments

• Blank Fundraiser Prospect Letter with pics and kick off show.doc
    412.5 KB · Views: 382
  • Blank Fundraiser Prospect Letter with pics and personal info.doc
    412.5 KB · Views: 331
  • Cookbook Fundraiser Cheat Sheet.doc
    63 KB · Views: 406
  • Cookbook fundraiser order form.doc
    123 KB · Views: 371
So if you go to an organization (let's say a school..and a class of 15 children were collecting orders, and that one child got 8 people to place an order...That 1 child, would submit 1 order form w/ the total amounts of cookbooks, with 1 $4 shipping charge/tax, etc..then that 1 child would distribute the books..Is that correct?

Help!just returned from vacation and need to cut to the chase!!! Can we do this fundraiser or not? TIA

<h2>1. How does the cookbook fundraiser work?</h2><p>The cookbook fundraiser allows organizations to sell Pampered Chef cookbooks at a discounted price and keep a portion of the profits for their cause. The organization purchases the cookbooks at a wholesale price and then sells them at a higher price to raise funds.</p><h2>2. What is the suggested selling price for the cookbooks?</h2><p>The suggested selling price for the cookbooks is $15 each. This allows the organization to make a profit of $5 per cookbook.</p><h2>3. Can individuals participate in the cookbook fundraiser?</h2><p>Yes, individuals can also participate in the cookbook fundraiser. They can purchase cookbooks at the discounted price and resell them at a higher price to raise funds for their chosen cause.</p><h2>4. What type of organizations can benefit from the cookbook fundraiser?</h2><p>The cookbook fundraiser is great for a variety of organizations such as schools, churches, sports teams, and non-profit organizations. It can also be used by individuals looking to raise funds for a specific cause.</p><h2>5. How can I get started with the cookbook fundraiser?</h2><p>To get started with the cookbook fundraiser, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to learn more about the process. We also provide resources and support to help make your fundraiser a success.</p>

1. How does the cookbook fundraiser work?

The cookbook fundraiser allows organizations to sell Pampered Chef cookbooks at a discounted price and keep a portion of the profits for their cause. The organization purchases the cookbooks at a wholesale price and then sells them at a higher price to raise funds.

2. What is the suggested selling price for the cookbooks?

The suggested selling price for the cookbooks is $15 each. This allows the organization to make a profit of $5 per cookbook.

3. Can individuals participate in the cookbook fundraiser?

Yes, individuals can also participate in the cookbook fundraiser. They can purchase cookbooks at the discounted price and resell them at a higher price to raise funds for their chosen cause.

4. What type of organizations can benefit from the cookbook fundraiser?

The cookbook fundraiser is great for a variety of organizations such as schools, churches, sports teams, and non-profit organizations. It can also be used by individuals looking to raise funds for a specific cause.

5. How can I get started with the cookbook fundraiser?

To get started with the cookbook fundraiser, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to learn more about the process. We also provide resources and support to help make your fundraiser a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tfinetwins
  • scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies