• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax-Free Fundraisers for Your Church-Based Preschool - Book Now!

In summary, the preschool director was not happy when the parents found out that the taxes were included in the price of the home interior candles, even though the daycare was tax exempt.
PCSarahjm
I just booked a fundraiser with my sons preschool. Really excited about that. We did a fundraiser earlier in the fall with Home interior candles. When I was talking with the director I told her we would have to charge shipping she was ok with that but when i told her tax she flipped. This is a church based daycare so they are tax exempt plus home interior did not charge tax. Does anyone know if there is anyway around the tax???

Did you do the fundraiser from HI? Their tax and shipping is built into the price of the items. They did pay the tax, they just didn't see it.

and even though THEY are tax exempt, that status doesn't carry over to fundraisers.

I just went through this, you need to explain that the daycare may be tax exempt, but Jane Doe that places an order is not. If the order was being placed by the day care that would be one thing and I'm sure the people who are ordering aren't going to mind having to pay tax, it's a part of everyday life.

I don't actually see how the HI person did this, unless they combined orders and took S&H fees to pay on taxes.

Lisa

Usually, the fundraiser programs use a different catalog, products, etc. They probably DID pay shipping & tax, they just didn't know it.

When we had a fundraiser last year for dance, we used Home & Garden candles. The candles were $10.00. In the catalog, they were $6.25 (same candles). Only a portion of that $3.75 went to the dance studio.

I bet the HI lady just included the tax in her prices and did not say anything about it being taxes.

jrstephens said:
I bet the HI lady just included the tax in her prices and did not say anything about it being taxes.

HI has a special fundraiser catalog where pretty much everything is @ $10. S/H and Tax are built into them, the customer just doesn't see it. Kinda like girl scout cookies.

pamperedlinda said:
HI has a special fundraiser catalog where pretty much everything is @ $10. S/H and Tax are built into them, the customer just doesn't see it. Kinda like girl scout cookies.

That explains why they church didn't think they were taxed then.

jrstephens said:
That explains why they church didn't think they were taxed then.

Yes - they just didn't know it.

i understand why HI didn't show the taxes and S/H. Thanks for everyones input. I just didn't want to give anyone any false information.

I don't think it will be a problem but wanted some more facts before I presented all of the packets and info to the staff and parents.

Thanks

1. What are the tax implications for hosting a fundraiser through Pampered Chef?

Any money earned from a Pampered Chef fundraiser is considered taxable income. However, depending on the organization's tax-exempt status, they may be able to claim the funds as a tax-exempt donation.

2. Can I earn rewards or discounts on Pampered Chef products when hosting a fundraiser?

Yes, as a fundraiser host, you can earn free products and discounts based on the sales generated from your event. The more your guests purchase, the more rewards you can receive.

3. Do I need to collect sales tax on orders placed through a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

In most cases, yes. If the fundraiser is being held for a tax-exempt organization, they may be able to provide a tax-exempt certificate and no sales tax will need to be collected. Otherwise, sales tax will need to be collected on all orders.

4. Can I use my consultant discount when purchasing products through a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

No, consultant discounts cannot be applied to fundraiser orders. However, you can still earn rewards and host benefits as a fundraiser host.

5. Are there any fees associated with hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

No, there are no fees to host a Pampered Chef fundraiser. The organization simply earns a percentage of the sales generated from the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tabailey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Bluiydangl
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • erinhoward