• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Had Share About My Fundraiser

In summary, the conversation involved a successful fundraiser for a wrestling team, despite initial low expectations and rescheduling. The fundraiser brought in $547.50, two bookings, and a recruit lead. The host was excited about her sales and shared that she never gives up on a show due to low attendance. There was also discussion about commission for fundraisers and strategies for approaching potential fundraisers. Overall, the hosts were happy with the outcome of the event and encouraged each other to continue doing fundraisers.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
Last night I had a fundraiser for a wrestling team and the chairperson, has reschuduled the fundraiser three times. When I spoke with her on Monday she told me there were only 3 people coming, but she handed out over 100 flyers. Come to find out there was an event at the school last night at the same time, that she didn't know about. I told don't worry about, I am finding alot of people aren't RSVPing for the parties they are just showing up. We will take what we get.

So, last night there were 7 people there and an 8th showed up when everyone was placing their orders. The fundraiser is at $547.50 with two bookings (one in less than two weeks for another fundraiser) and a recruit lead. I also had my highest single order placed, ever. $198!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

I am closing the fundraiser on Monday evening and can't wait to see what the chairperson brings in with more orders that she is picking up this weekend.

I was so excited when I got home last night I was dancing around. My DH said he hadn't seen me that happy in awhile. I'm at $1200 in sales for the month and that is only with two shows. :D (I have been lucky to hit $1000 lately).:(

I just had to share, I won't EVER not do a show because the host is excepting low attendance. BTW my DH was a little frustrated when I told him the chairperson was only expecting 3 people last night. He said, "You're doing a show for 3 people, what a waste of time!" Guess he was wrong, wasn't he! (Now, if we could only get paid regular commission for fundraisers.);)

I never quit on a host just because of low attendance. I had a $500 show where NO ONE showed up! Just me and the host! If I have a host try to cancel because no one was going to show up, I tell her my most fun parties are the ones with just a couple people because it can be a little more relaxed and initmate. My party from last Saturday had two people and she's almost at $500!

Great job with the fundraiser!

(Now, if we could only get paid regular commission for fundraisers.)

How does our commission work for fundraisers?
Do you approach these people or do they come to you? We have lost a lot of after school activities and I would like to help! Should I just approach them with a flyer?

buckeyefan08 said:
(Now, if we could only get paid regular commission for fundraisers.)

How does our commission work for fundraisers?
Do you approach these people or do they come to you? We have lost a lot of after school activities and I would like to help! Should I just approach them with a flyer?

Our commission is 15% or 17% (depending on if you have $15,000 in career sales).

I talk about all of the different types of parties we offer at my parties and any booth I have. I also have a habit of stopping when I see car washes and giving a flyer on our fundraiser. I do get the contact information for the group giving the carwash, so I can follow up with them. If you send flyers, you definately need to follow-up with the chairperson.

Good luck!

I am getting antsy about my first fundraisers comming up. I needed this thread, so on that note, Way to go!~ I loved the part about the happy dance.... it feels good when something works out, dance away!! :thumbup:

Good for you............

Congrats to you too, I have a fundraiser at the end of the month for a friend that's running in a Lukemia& Lymphnomia ( sorry about spelling) society!

YAY!! That's so exciting~Good for you!

I'm with you Laurie...never give up on a show because of low attendance! Your never know.... :)

how are you doing it?
cewcooks said:
Congrats to you too, I have a fundraiser at the end of the month for a friend that's running in a Lukemia& Lymphnomia ( sorry about spelling) society!

I have a friend who will be walking for Breast Cancer and she wanted to know if we do funraisers I said yes but I have never done one before. How exactly does it work?

ANY and ALL help is appreciated!

pamperedpals said:
Last night I had a fundraiser for a wrestling team and the chairperson, has reschuduled the fundraiser three times. When I spoke with her on Monday she told me there were only 3 people coming, but she handed out over 100 flyers. Come to find out there was an event at the school last night at the same time, that she didn't know about. I told don't worry about, I am finding alot of people aren't RSVPing for the parties they are just showing up. We will take what we get.

So, last night there were 7 people there and an 8th showed up when everyone was placing their orders. The fundraiser is at $547.50 with two bookings (one in less than two weeks for another fundraiser) and a recruit lead. I also had my highest single order placed, ever. $198!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

I am closing the fundraiser on Monday evening and can't wait to see what the chairperson brings in with more orders that she is picking up this weekend.

I was so excited when I got home last night I was dancing around. My DH said he hadn't seen me that happy in awhile. I'm at $1200 in sales for the month and that is only with two shows. :D (I have been lucky to hit $1000 lately).:(

I just had to share, I won't EVER not do a show because the host is excepting low attendance. BTW my DH was a little frustrated when I told him the chairperson was only expecting 3 people last night. He said, "You're doing a show for 3 people, what a waste of time!" Guess he was wrong, wasn't he! (Now, if we could only get paid regular commission for fundraisers.);)

So?? How did it end up?

Veevahchef said:
So?? How did it end up?

It closed a little over $700. Wahoo! The chairperson is having another fundraiser in May for the same group. She double checked the school calendar and called the school to make sure nothing was going on that night.

I'm excited to see what that one will turn out to be!

I think the greatest lesson I have learned in this business is not to judge a show before it occurs or sales after it has occurred (before closing). I had a host 2 weeks ago think about cancelling and making it a catalog show because she only had 8 confirmed. I told her 8 was fine. Well, 12 showed up and before I left for home sales were already over $800. She closed at $1076. She also got 3 bookings for April. I told her they would be her bookings if she signed ... she is thinking about it. Good Job on the Fundraiser.:chef:

pkd09 said:
I think the greatest lesson I have learned in this business is not to judge a show before it occurs or sales after it has occurred (before closing). I had a host 2 weeks ago think about cancelling and making it a catalog show because she only had 8 confirmed. I told her 8 was fine. Well, 12 showed up and before I left for home sales were already over $800. She closed at $1076. She also got 3 bookings for April. I told her they would be her bookings if she signed ... she is thinking about it. Good Job on the Fundraiser.:chef:

Niiiiiiice....:thumbup:

Congratulations! That's great!

My very first show out of my "circle" only had 4 people show up, and they all ordered over $100 worth of products ($200 from one), and I got 2 bookings out of it. You never ever know what a show will bring you!

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

Hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser is a great way to earn money for your organization or cause. You'll earn 15-20% of total sales in free products, plus an additional 10% in credit for every party booked from your fundraiser. It's also a fun and easy way to connect with friends and family while supporting a good cause.

How do I get started with hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

Getting started is simple! First, reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant in your area. They will guide you through the process, provide you with all the necessary materials, and help you set a date for your fundraiser party.

Can I host a Pampered Chef fundraiser online?

Yes, you can! Our consultants are equipped to host online parties, making it easy for your supporters to shop from the comfort of their own homes. Your consultant will provide you with a personalized online party link to share with your friends and family.

How long does a Pampered Chef fundraiser last?

The length of your fundraiser is entirely up to you. Typically, fundraisers last for two weeks, but you can extend it if needed. Your consultant will work with you to determine the best timeline for your fundraiser to ensure its success.

What products are available for purchase during a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

Your fundraiser party will feature a selection of our most popular and in-demand products. Your consultant will provide you with a catalog to share with your supporters, and they can also shop online using your personalized party link. Additionally, your consultant can help you create a wish list of specific products to feature during your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • krahema
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies