• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookbooks & Spices Fundraiser: A Better Alternative to Selling Junk?

I just put $2 for S&H because when buying something so cheap I don't want to charge so much for shipping.The people that did the fundraiser didn't do it for the money they did it for the products to give to a family that lost everything in a fire. They stocked the new kitchen with so much stuff.You can also keep track of orders by classroom and combine orders that way to keep shipping low. Also you can offer the class with the highest sales an incentive. Maybe a cupcake party or pizza party. I know here in town we can get pizza pretty cheap and delivered. Ot something cheaper would be a cupcake and cake party after lunch for the winning class.
soccermama
How cool would it be to offer a cookbooks & spices fundraiser? I'ven been thinking for the last year that I want to suggest at our monthly PAC meeting that we STOP selling CRAP for fundraisers and START selling things people can USE! But the thought of getting 500 catalogs and passing them out to every kid in the school, only to have low participation because the catalog overwhelms then just makes me crazy!!!

So this morning I had a light bulb moment! COOKBOOKS & SPICES! A flyer for each kid with the cookbooks and spices (with prices changed to reflect the tax) and an order sheet to fill out like cookie orders..... I brought it up to our PAC president at coffee this morning (yes, she's one of my very good friends!) and she really liked the idea.... now to come up with flyers!!!!

HELP!!!!!!

This is what I made up last year for a lady

Some changes need to be made

I have made the order form in Micro Soft Excel that looks a lot better that in Micro Soft word but it won't upload here so if you want, just e-mail me.

What do you think?

~

Attachments

• CHEF SUCCESS - Fundrasier - Cookbooks for Sale 001.doc
    201 KB · Views: 420
  • CHEF SUCCESS - Fundrasier - Cookbooks for Sale 002.doc
    262.5 KB · Views: 331
  • Fundraiser Order Form 001 - Cookbook.doc
    240.5 KB · Views: 419
I see that you put $2 for S&H.... how are you working that?

I charge $2 because when buying something so cheap I don't want to charge so much for shipping

I then combine a few orders

But you can do anything you want

I know a consultant did it with $1 for shipping and she sold a ton of cookbooks.

The people that did the fundraiser didn't do it for the money they did it for the products to give to a family that lost everything in a fire. They stocked the new kitchen with so much stuff

They had other people give them money and they bought the people the 12 piece set of cookware for 1/2 price

~

OK... I thought about $1 shipping.... but then I worried about giving each customer their own receipt, ya know?

I just talked with the Fundraising Coordinator (she's the new coordinator and already knew I was a PC consultant because she called me to place an order the other day! lol)...... she thinks is sounds great! I have a couple weeks to come up with a great flyer, including the products, etc..... I'll present it at the next PAC meeting! I need it to let people know that if they are interested in purchasing additional PC items not listed that they can contact me, or order through my website.... and I'm thinking about April for handing out the packet to kids and include the guest special info, too!!!!!

OMG! I totally need help with this flyer! I am so NOT good at flyers...... but I'll give it a shot ;)

I have been working on my new fundraiser I will attached my version. Just a draft so far...

Thanks, will look forward to seeing it, Debbie :)

I emailed it to you, Can anyone tell me how to attached the document so everyone can read it ?. I made it in Excel.

Oh :( I don't have Excel... not on my work computer, either :( Maybe someone can convert it, though?

I'm downloading a FREE 60 day trial of Microsoft Office :) It'll take awhile, so I'll let it run while I'm at the school with the kiddos....

Increasing salesYou can also keep track of orders by classroom and combine orders that way to keep shipping low.

Also you can offer the class with the highest sales an incentive. Maybe a cupcake party or pizza party. I know here in town we can get pizza pretty cheap and delivered. Ot something cheaper would be a cupcake and cake party after lunch for the winning class. Maybe some goody bags filled with candy and pencils or something.

You can also award the highest selling person if you want to.

Just some ideas for you to consider!!

Debbie :D

I noticed you included the Celebrations Cookbook which is no longer in the catalog. How are you going to deal with it for sales?

pamperedharriet said:
I noticed you included the Celebrations Cookbook which is no longer in the catalog. How are you going to deal with it for sales?

As I said before the form was made up over a year ago and some changes need to be made

whiteyteresa said:
As I said before the form was made up over a year ago and some changes need to be made

I missed that--thanks for pointing that out to me.

Teresa! that flyer and order form is FABULOUS!!
How did that fundraiser turn out last year anyway??

Kari

OK... I downloaded the Office software (I need to remember that this is something I NEED when I buy my new laptop!!!)

I like the style of the order form, it's just what I need..... but I'm not sure how the prices were worked out. And I don't have ANY idea how to create a file like that!!!!!! I've never used Excel! lol

Here's my plan..... I figure the school should EASILY hit $600 in sales, so I'm assuming a 15% profit for them from PC. I will bump in an additional 5%, giving them a total of 20% profit. I will also have a gift for each child who participates (the My Safe Cutter, I think... and I'll add these onto the order to bump up their profit check, too..... but then I wonder if those will be allowed for delivery to the kids at the school? I'd have to look into that!)..... I was also thinking maybe any child who brings in $200 in sales would get a Let's Eat! cookbook? I have a little bit of time figure out the details......

Veevahchef said:
Teresa! that flyer and order form is FABULOUS!!
How did that fundraiser turn out last year anyway??

Kari

The fundraiser I did the lady sold about 40 cookbooks and about $125 in other orders. The group was very happy with it.

The other consultant that did this sold over 100 cookbooks and did about $500 in other sales. That kitchen for that family was very well stocked.

Bumping this up....

in hopes that someone is bored and will want to create an order form with all the cookbooks and spices...... I just can't figure out how to use excel :(

This looks like a fun idea.If no one else rises to the challenge, I might play with the order form in the morning.What do we want on it? Help me with wording...

Basically, I want it to be layed out like a "cookie order form" (does that make sense?)

Some thoughts I have are that each customer line should give a spot for contact info, plus ask for hosting a show (to earn $3 for the organization) and joining my TEAM.

In the totals section for each customer should be an extra spot for "items ordered in the catalog, please attach a separate page"

It needs to state what the guest special is for the month... and of course that the full catalog can be viewed at "www....." and orders placed by entering "PAC" in Host/Organization name .....

This sucks! I know what I want it to look like, but I just can't figure out how to make the stinkin' form!!!!

I love working with excel

I just wished we could upload excel files.

I will work on the spice flyer and then the excel order form.

After I am done I will let you know and then anyone who wants the order form will have to e-mail me.

Here I go . . .

I have tried to login on CC but I am having trouble. I will try again in the morning. Sorry that I could get it done tonight.

~

Last edited:
Ok, this is a VERY rough draft. I'm sleepy.

What I'm thinking is the numbered columns need to be wider. I don't think that's even the right quantity - I didn't get the catalog out and count.

Anyway. There will be small pictures in each of the numbered columns - the cookbooks and spices obviously.

I can slap together a simple form like this, and tweak things to line up.... but I'm not very good at making it "pretty" but there's a start for tonight.

I didn't realize we couldn't upload excel at ALL so I pasted it into Word...

Attachments

• fundraiser.doc
    148 KB · Views: 357
I guess nobody else wanted to try and create anything.... oh well! I like what Jennifer started...... but I don't know how to add more columns to include the spices, too.

I'll bring my flyers tomorrow morning and if they say YES to the fundraiser (please cross your fingers for me!!!!!) I will work on an order form, or maybe see what I can do with a 4-to-a-page outside order form (I know I've seen these for fundraisers, but can't find it in the files!!!!)

I like your idea.. what I did last year for my fundraiser was send a flyer home with every student explaining what we were doing, what the fundraiser was going for, and asking who wanted to participate. I had a little form at the bottom asking name, grade, teacher of student and asking how many catalogs and order forms they wanted to start out with. I offered 2 $25 gift certificates to wherever the kids chose. (highest sales, and highest cookware sales (panarama) The show did really well, (highest show yet) and the school 8th grade got almost 400 for their trip. Not to bad considering only about 15 families sold stuff. I did lose some catalogs, but not as many as I would have send them with each student. HTH

The cost of catalogs is why I've put off for so long approaching the PAC for a fundraiser! When it hit me to just create a flyer for cookbooks & spices and then offer the choice of additional catalog sales to anyone who wanted contact me I decided it was time to get to the PAC meeting with my idea before they decided on a Spring fundraiser!!!!

I sooooo hope they will do this! There's only ONE gal who I think can spoil it, because she'll see the profit and say it's not enough!!!!! But really, if you have a fundraiser that nobody participates in because you're selling crap, you're still not making any money!!!!

soccermama said:
But really, if you have a fundraiser that nobody participates in because you're selling crap, you're still not making any money!!!!
EXACTLY!!!

soccermama said:
The cost of catalogs is why I've put off for so long approaching the PAC for a fundraiser! When it hit me to just create a flyer for cookbooks & spices and then offer the choice of additional catalog sales to anyone who wanted contact me I decided it was time to get to the PAC meeting with my idea before they decided on a Spring fundraiser!!!!

I sooooo hope they will do this! There's only ONE gal who I think can spoil it, because she'll see the profit and say it's not enough!!!!! But really, if you have a fundraiser that nobody participates in because you're selling crap, you're still not making any money!!!!

Touch'e or Two-Shay

LOL!!!!

Yeah! Now to get the PAC prez on my side (well, she already is... but I want to have HER make that point for me, since I know that SHE didn't participate in the fall fundraiser because she didn't like the crap we were selling!!!)

I've talked to several parents who say they would love a PC fundraiser instead of the usual junk! And they all said they didn't do the fall fundraiser because it was junk and they refuse to ask their friends and family to buy junk!!!!!

:::::cross your fingers for me:::::: I've got the meeting at 8:30 and I've been (hopefully) put as the first agenda item, so I can get to my other job... I'll talk to the PAC prez in the afternoon sometime and see what was said after I leave the meeting!!!!!

I suggest to defray the cost of catalogs, do it all online and have a few catalogs available in the PAC office for people who can't/don't go online?

I don't mind handing out the catalogs to the actual participants for the fundraiser... but when this gets started the packet will go home with EVERY student in the school (there's about 450 in the elementary)! For that I will send a cookbook & spices flyer and a letter to the parents letting them know to contact me to get a catalog, and that orders can also be placed online. I'll also have some catalogs in the office and in the teacher's lounge and I'll give one to each teacher as well (and let them know that if they want more to let me know)

Anyway... I can't give a catalog to every kid, but if I know the kid is doing the fundraiser, I'd be willing to give a catalog to that kid, ya know? Also, I'm focusing on the cookbooks & spices so it doesn't seem so overwhelming for the participants. Those who are familiar with PC will likely want the full catalog to shop from!!!!

Let the school know that you want to contribute part of your commission, but that there are paperwork costs. You can easily do all the copies at their school copier, and ask for the packets or catalogs back if they choose not to participate. You could even ask for catalogs back at the end of the fundraiser. The PAC will encourage this if they know they will get the cash for what you aren't paying from your commission. My Ex Dir did a huge school fundraiser and promised to contribute all of her commission minus expenses. She kept very accurate track of everything so that nothing would look fishy.

I'm bumping in an extra 5% from my commission, plus additional bonuses depending on the sales level of the fundraiser.

I want to offer gifts for the kids, too... probably will do a My Safe Cutter for all participants and maybe offer the Let's Eat cookbook for sales of $300???

I've watched my daughter drool over the junky prizes they offer in those stupid school fundraisers. She will stare at that thing everyday! So, keep in mind that the kids are very motivated by flashy, cheap prizes- they don't necessarily need to be PC.
One other thought: in my mind, I didn't want my daughter feel bad by being the only kid in the class to get nothing. So, when they offer a prize for even one order, I'm likely to help her out with just the one.d
You could do Wendy's Free Frosty coupons for every kid who participates. I think they are like 5 for $1 or something like that.

I hope your meeting goes well. A few weeks ago, there was a fire that took everything from a single dad with 2 kids-including the car in the garage. ANother mom and I approached the school with fundraiser info-with me even donating 5-10% of my commission and they said "NO-that is promoting a product." UGH!!! Well....DUH...the products were going to the family..AND the money....AND my commission...GRRRR. So....what do they figure Sally Foster is??? Maybe I'm just being snotty...

...do any of you have???
whiteyteresa said:
The fundraiser I did the lady sold about 40 cookbooks and about $125 in other orders. The group was very happy with it.

The other consultant that did this sold over 100 cookbooks and did about $500 in other sales. That kitchen for that family was very well stocked.

A flyer for the discontinued products??

Last yr. My director gave us the Going, Going, Gone flyer and when I asked for it this yr. she said she found it somewhere but will look for it. I'd try and make it, but until my new memory and software upgrades get here my computer is running extremely slow :( My cable modem feels slower than dial up, but I know it's the memory as I"ve gotten warnings already.

thanks;

Liz

lizcooks4u said:
A flyer for the discontinued products??

Last yr. My director gave us the Going, Going, Gone flyer and when I asked for it this yr. she said she found it somewhere but will look for it. I'd try and make it, but until my new memory and software upgrades get here my computer is running extremely slow :( My cable modem feels slower than dial up, but I know it's the memory as I"ve gotten warnings already.

thanks;

Liz
e-mail me and i can send it to you. Laurel

I would post mine but it's in Excel and this site doesn't support that anymore. I'm happy to email too.

You can find Going Going Gone at tastytidbits.net under the FREE flyers section! It's really nice, too!!!

OK.... gotta get the kids off to school and get myself to this PAC meeting! Hope all goes well :)

whiteyteresa said:
I love working with excel

I just wished we could upload excel files.

I will work on the spice flyer and then the excel order form.

After I am done I will let you know and then anyone who wants the order form will have to e-mail me.

Here I go . . .

I have tried to login on CC but I am having trouble. I will try again in the morning. Sorry that I could get it done tonight.

~

I am sorry that I haven't posted the file for the Cookbook & spices but I can't get find the pictures for the new spices or the new recipes cards.

~

WOOHOO!!!! I got the fundraiser.... the one who I thought would be a hold-out said "just go for it, we have nothing to lose" I will have it start on March 23rd and close on April 11th (with the *actual* close date being the 18th, but only my select few helpers will know that! lol) and I will be able to submit by the 20th (so I should be earning those mid-season products with no trouble at all!)

One of the PAC gals has taken my cookbook & spice flyer and is going to create an order form (that I will then make notes and have her add things that need to be added) in Excel (she was all giddy with excitement at the thought of it!!! lol)

I'm really excited about this and I'm SURE we'll have a sucessful fundraiser, because they want me to start it along with the Book Fair (buy one fet one free bookfair!) and they want to put flyers in the bags when people buy books and they want me to have some catalogs there to hand out, too. It will go through Spring Break (families and friends visiting!) and close out a few days after we come back from break (a reminder sent home on that Monday to return their orders on Wednesday)

WOW! I'm just in shock that they decided so fast to just go for it!!!!! :)

Congratulations, Celeste!!!!!!!

jodistrauss said:
I hope your meeting goes well. A few weeks ago, there was a fire that took everything from a single dad with 2 kids-including the car in the garage. ANother mom and I approached the school with fundraiser info-with me even donating 5-10% of my commission and they said "NO-that is promoting a product." UGH!!! Well....DUH...the products were going to the family..AND the money....AND my commission...GRRRR. So....what do they figure Sally Foster is??? Maybe I'm just being snotty...

Yes!! They think that a direct marketing company is benefitting a single person (me) even though I'm agreeing to donate my commission!! They have to understand that somebody is making money from the Sally Foster crap!

those are great
whiteyteresa said:
This is what I made up last year for a lady

Some changes need to be made

I have made the order form in Micro Soft Excel that looks a lot better that in Micro Soft word but it won't upload here so if you want, just e-mail me.

What do you think?

~

how did you get around the S&H? We pay $4 here you're only charging $2, did you double up on orders?

Beside adding an additional 5% for my fundraisers, I also tell folks that they get $3 for show bookings from PC, and I'll kick in $2 once the show is held. I figure with a second show, I'll make that $2 easily.

Someone on here posted a "to the parents" letter that I really like. It mentions a "cheat sheet" for calculating orders. Can you share that? PLEASE?

My John for some reason thought I wouldn't earn ANY commission from doing this fundraiser so was not at all excited about it! When he realized that I WILL earn something (just not as much as if it was a cooking or catalog show) he got more excited and is all over me getting more catalogs to have on hand, etc.... lol

One of my friends told me last night that she is telling her boyfriend that he has to work some extra hours so she can order a lot!!!! lol Yeah, I think we'll have a successful fundraiser ;)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • laurieandjaffy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Cindycooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies