• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What do I do with this last minute fundraiser request?

GREAT idea! Maybe for the future... when you're booking a show, consider offering a drawing for a free cooking class. I have a little mini-pot with colored slips of paper that say "I've been cooking with {insert your name}"... it has my name, phone, and email on it. They fill it out and put it in the pot. I'll draw one at the close of the show and that person gets a free cooking class with me. I let the host draw it out so they know it was done fairly. You can do that for this show too to draw more outside orders. In summary, the speaker is discussing a fundraiser for a Brownie Troop where they had previously discussed a
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Soooo, I just got an email from someone who is doing a fundraiser ON MONDAY.......I had left her a couple messages, and she just responded today.

Here is what we HAD discussed (this is with a Brownie Troop)
1. I would come and do a cookie decorating demo with the girls and their moms
2. They would all take packets and collect orders to be returned by the end of the month.

Then, I get this email:

Hi Becky-

I meant to contact you, but I've been swamped!

We are Troop #2794 and we have 15 girls. I'm not sure if all 15 will show up on Monday, but we should be prepared for 15. I anticipate we'll just have the girls, plus a few parent helpers. I didn't invite parents, but sometimes a few stick around. There isn't a microwave or a refrig in the room we meet in, but there is in the church kitchen. I'll check with the church when they open at 9:30 this morning and see if we can use the kitchen. I'll get back to you on that.

What do you need me to provide?

Just so you know we're doing kind of a home catalog sales with some other businesses besides Pampered Chef. Everyone else is just providing catalogs and order forms, you're the only one who will actually be participating in the meeting, but the girls will go home with a variety of catalogs for selling holiday gifts to their friends and relatives. We plan on having them turn in all of their orders at our next meeting on Nov. 26th. Is that soon enough to get everything ordered and in? I can call you on the evening of the 26th with the orders, which can be shipped to my house.

Any proceeds that the troop earns can be given in check form to the troop. We've decided to use the funds to sponsor a family for the holidays through Women in Transition.

Let me know if there's anything else you need from me and I'll get back to you this morning about the church kitchen.

So - what do I do with this? I don't know how may other catalogs they will be getting....and if the parents aren't there - I have NO WAY of even knowing if it will even qualify as a show!

Becky - All I can say is you have one advantage! You are the only one there to get the girls excited about YOUR products. If you can get the kids excited, that will be what they push the parents to help them sell.Maybe give a sales incentive for them. Either a reward like a gift card - but set a minimum they have to achieve, not just the top person...or maybe you could bring one to one of your shows with you to be your helper. Given the right host, that could be fun.E-mail her back and tell her to encourage the moms to be there for this one. That is how Pampered Chef works.I hope it works out well in the end - let us know!

Janet is right on! Definitely get the girls excited about PC. Find out what products THEY would want (I know they're not the ones paying for them but little girls can be VERY influential with their parents!) and I would definitely offer prizes for # of orders and/or sales. And they can be something small... like their own set of measuring spoons, prep bowls (one per student), etc.

That's a great idea Janet... consider giving a little incentive gift to the top selling girl too. Chances are the other companies aren't doing much for incentives and those that do may only target the parents. One thing I've noticed about my son whenever he brings home a fundraiser... the ones he really wants to promote are the ones that give them those stupid little prizes. They're junk.. he knows it yet he gets excited about winning "something"... anything... LOL. Pump up the excitement with the girls... consider tossing out some prizes for incentives (perhaps kid friendly PC stuff or even some non PC kid stuff)... I 2nd having her encourage the parents to be there too... remind her about the booking benefit, so it would PAY for them to show up and help with the fundraiser.

Thanks you guys!

I probably should have thought of that stuff on my own....but I couldn't see past the email!

What if I did a prep bowl filled with Hot Cocoa Mix and a bamboo spoon for every girl who collects 5 orders?

Or what are some other (easy) ideas you have as incentives?

Because you are right - kids will work hard for silly little prizes!

LOVE the prep bowl idea with the hot cocoa mix!

I'd keep your prizes PC related though... they can get gift cards and other things anywhere...

finley1991 said:
LOVE the prep bowl idea with the hot cocoa mix!

I'd keep your prizes PC related though... they can get gift cards and other things anywhere...

That's what I was thinking!

Maybe I'll go online and buy the Apron and Hat set to give as a grand prize for the person who collects the most orders, and the person who collects highest $$ in orders........

Okay - I am feeling much better about this now!

Thanks all for helping turn my lemon into yummy lemon bars (I like those better than lemonade!:D )

How about... mini-whipper and dry chocolate milk mix. The mini-whippers I think you can get in a supply order... 5 of them for $9. What kid doesn't like making their own chocolate milk? And having their own special utensil to do that with. LOL.. Perhaps for the top selling kid give them a free kids' cookbook? Make it a little competitive and they'll forget all about those 'other' catalogs. ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
That's what I was thinking!

Maybe I'll go online and buy the Apron and Hat set to give as a grand prize for the person who collects the most orders, and the person who collects highest $$ in orders........

Okay - I am feeling much better about this now!

Thanks all for helping turn my lemon into yummy lemon bars (I like those better than lemonade!:D )

LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT IDEA! And you can call her TOP CHEF!

lkprescott said:
How about... mini-whipper and dry chocolate milk mix. The mini-whippers I think you can get in a supply order... 5 of them for $9. What kid doesn't like making their own chocolate milk? And having their own special utensil to do that with. LOL.. Perhaps for the top selling kid give them a free kids' cookbook? Make it a little competitive and they'll forget all about those 'other' catalogs. ;)
These are great ideas too!I'm actually more excited about doing it than I was before the email this morning!I LOVE a good challenge!

I would also see maybe about baking brownies in the tart pan ahead of time, and allowing the girls to decorate them at the talk/demo. It definately is an advantage to you being the only DS consultant there.

The others have great ideas as well!

Okay - I just ordered 2 Apron Sets.....

I really wanted to put a good spin on this, because the Troop leader has already booked a Cookie Swap show for Dec 4th...........I wanted this to be a good experience leading into that.

vwpamperedchef said:
I would also see maybe about baking brownies in the tart pan ahead of time, and allowing the girls to decorate them at the talk/demo. It definately is an advantage to you being the only DS consultant there.

Do you mean the mini muffin pan? That would be a good idea!

yes, thats what i mean! i use it more for brownies lol

I'm glad you ordered aprons, I was thinking that while I was typing but got interrupted and just realized I didn't put that in there...I think it is "reasonable" incentive. Worth more, and you don't pay as much. Just be sure to give them levels to shoot for to qualify for the prize!!!!

I agree
janetupnorth said:
I'm glad you ordered aprons, I was thinking that while I was typing but got interrupted and just realized I didn't put that in there...

I think it is "reasonable" incentive. Worth more, and you don't pay as much. Just be sure to give them levels to shoot for to qualify for the prize!!!!

I agree I remember being in school and having specific goals to shoot for in order to get the grand prize. Which by the way, I always won when it came to any fundraiser! I cheated, my mother worked at the Levi's strauss factory here in town before it shut down and always got hundreds of orders and sold boxes and boxes of candy for me. All I had to do was turn in money and collect my prize!! :cool:

I got a boom box, tickets to Fiesta Tickets and many other cool things for winning each time! :eek:

Debbie :D

vwpamperedchef said:

You can also do the refrigerated pull-apart cookie dough in the mini-tart pan. And I just did the pretzel wreath with my 8yo DS... he LOVED being able to make stuff and having the chocolate harden. I let him use the small stick pretzels and he came up with all sorts of fun things.

And for prizes, I'd also think about including a "my safe cutter" with prizes and with your demo if you can. That is my FAVORITE kid product!

Update on Fundraiser.....I posted this in the 3-2-1 thread, but thought I should post it here too for those of you who gave me such great advice on how to handle this show! Thanks again!

Had my Brownie Troop Fundraiser last night. I had a ton of fun with a the girls. there were 14 girls there, and I split them into 2 groups, and we decorated sugar cookies, and made pretzel wreaths. They had a blast! I had 2 sets of apron & hats (they came in ONE day after I ordered them!) and I had my personal set, so I had one of the girls model it (I picked a rowdier, attention seeking girl - she was an angel after that!) to show them what they could earn if they were the top sellers. Then I told them what else they could earn for bringing in 2 orders (a bag of Hot Chocolate Mix), or 5 orders (a Prep Bowl of HC mix, and a spoon). They all want to be the Top Sellers!

I wouldn't usually offer that much - but was told at the last minute that although I was doing the presentation - there were several other DS companies that they would also be collecting orders for. . SOOOOO - I had to make sure that I made a big impression on them, so that they are pushing PC!
I think though that there were just 2 other DS companies - MK, & TS.....The TS consultant had provided catalogs & order forms - but their shipping starts at $6.99, so I think that may be a deterrent. The MK consultant just had a spread sheet to order from - no catalog.....so I'm not too worried about that. We will just have to see how it goes now. The girls have to turn in their orders Nov. 26th.......If each girl turns in just 2 orders - it should be a decent show. They are pretty motivated, because this is a Charity Fundraiser, and they are sponsoring a family for Christmas with their earnings.

AWESOME BECKY!!! I can't wait to hear the final results! Were the other reps offering the girls anything for incentives?

I'm sure they were totally blown away by your presentation! Woo-hoo!

Way to go Becky - thanks for the update - I hope it ends well!!!!

Sounds like it all turned out pretty well!! Hope they make it successful for their charity and you!

Very nice Becky. You didn't stop by! :)

JAE said:
Very nice Becky. You didn't stop by! :)

Rick wasn't going to get home from work in time to watch Micah - so I dropped him (Micah) off at my Mom's....and then of course, I had to stay there for a while after the FR and visit........it was almost 9 by the time we made it home. (The FR was from 5-6:30) I was beat. Micah and I had been doing Toddler/Mommy battles all day long - but that is a totally different thread.

I can't wait to see how this turns out for you! :)

What is "Grrrr! Fundraiser Surprise!"?

"Grrrr! Fundraiser Surprise!" is a fun and unique fundraising program offered by Pampered Chef. It allows organizations to raise money by selling Pampered Chef products, while also giving them the chance to earn surprise gifts and rewards.

How does "Grrrr! Fundraiser Surprise!" work?

First, the organization signs up for the program on our website. Then, they receive a unique fundraising code to share with their supporters. When someone makes a purchase using the code, the organization earns a percentage of the sale. The surprise gifts and rewards are based on the total sales generated by the organization.

What types of organizations can participate in "Grrrr! Fundraiser Surprise!"?

Any type of organization can participate, including schools, sports teams, churches, and non-profit organizations. It is a great way to raise money for a variety of causes and events.

Are there any upfront costs for organizations to participate?

No, there are no upfront costs for organizations to participate in "Grrrr! Fundraiser Surprise!". They simply need to sign up and start promoting their unique fundraising code to their supporters.

Can individuals participate in "Grrrr! Fundraiser Surprise!"?

Yes, individuals can participate by using a fundraising code from a participating organization. They can also host their own "Grrrr! Fundraiser Surprise!" party and earn surprise gifts and rewards for their own purchases and for purchases made by their guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Maragib
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • MissyPC