• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Large Fundraiser, Need Help With Words!

paper plates, cups, utensils, napkins, straws, etc...) All in all, this sounds like a great program and one that our community could benefit from. I’d love to come in and talk more about it and see if it’s something your committee would be interested in. I’ve included my contact information so you can easily get in touch. Thank you!
COOKINWITHSHERRI
Gold Member
I proposed a fundraiser to the elementary school that my daughter goes to on the first week of school. They wanted me to write a letter and give them info on how a fundraiser works. I did that, but never herd anything back from them. I had a great idea given to me by a cluster mate on doing a fundraiser and using the internet only with promoting it as everyone just purchase something for them selves. No catalogs to take home etc... It sounds like that won't work for this group.

Anyway, I got an email notice about the upcoming PTA meeting and they talked about going over fundraising so I responded to the email. I asked if she had any questions about the information I had handed in and if it would be appropriate for me to come to the meeting and give a short presentation on how the fundraiser would work. She responded to me that she was glad I got back to her and that she'd love the idea of working with someone in our community. She said that if I can meet all of her criteria that she would propose to the committee that I come in for the Feb. meeting.

1) She says that they need to make $3000 or more.
(They usually get 40-50% from those wrapping paper, cookie dough & chocolate type fundraisers. That’s 6,000 to 7,000 minimum in sales for the other fundraiser types.)
I'm thinking of all the crap we buy with those type of things to help out, just how much more everyone would buy if they had PC to purchase. They'd actually love and USE what they'd purchase.)

2) She wants to know how I would handle distribution.

3) Incentives for kids and classrooms.

Is there free shipping? I'd offer it if it's not available. I can always combine orders. Could you guys take a look at the letter I've gotten started and tell me what you think. Thank you!

Ms. Matthews,
Thank you for the opportunity to share our great fundraising program with you. I’m confident that with The Pampered Chef the schools goal would be with in our reach.

I don’t know how you feel when you’re child comes home with the fundraising packets with those items that we don’t necessarily want or need. I always order, mostly the minimum because I want to help out my child and the school. The Pampered Chef and their quality kitchen tools make getting in and out of the kitchen quicker so we can spend more quality time with our families. I’m sure parents will welcome the change in purchasing products that we’ll actually use and love!

Here’s my plan to help make that a reality.

The Pampered Chef will donate 15% for sales of $600 or more. I’m donating 10% of my commission, making the total donated amount 25%. The school has approximately 200 kids. That would be $12,000 in sales to reach a $3000.00 goal. If all kids participated it would be $60/Child. 150 kids is $80/kid. 100 Kids $120/kid. I know not all kids will not be able to participate, but we know they'll be those that will exceed in sales to help balance out our ending total. See below for an extra incentive for anyone who collects $100 in products.

Kickoff -
For the PARENTS - I’d like to schedule a fundraiser cooking demo one evening before the fundraiser starts. Parents could come and check out the products up close. I’d make something quick and easy. It would be an express show to showcase products for everyday use.

For the Kids – I can come during the before school gathering and talk about the fundraiser. I would point out a few products that would make it easier to cook in the kitchen with their families. I would showcase their incentives for collecting orders.

Incentives for KIDS
Each child that collects at least one order will receive a Thank You Gift!
Anyone who collects $100 in orders will receive a Gift Packet!
With our name brand, quality kitchen tools for everyone, cooks and non-cooks alike they’re sure to reach this goal with NO problem.
The Child who collects the most will get a Gift Certificate for a CD or DVD of their choice. (OR MP3 player)

Incentive for PARENTS
When their child collects $100 in products they’ll get to choose ONE product in the catalog for 30% OFF!
(Not including taxes.)

Incentive for Classrooms
The classroom to collect the most orders will get a FREE Ice Cream or Pizza Party.

Incentive for Teachers
If your class collects the most orders you’ll receive a Gift Basket of Pampered Chef products that will help you in your classroom. (Like… Tool Turn About - for those markers, scissors, pens, pencils. Suds pump - to help kids from wasting soap. Nylon Pan Scrapers are a teacher's friend. What better tool to clean off tables smeared with play dough, clay, dried paint, dried glue and oh so much more! OR a super absorbent Microfiber towel are great for classroom spills.)

Distribution Plan for the Fundraiser Packet to each child.
Send home one catalog, cover letter and order form stapled to front.

Distribution Plan - Pick UP orders.
In approximately one week after electronically submitting the orders the products will ship directly to the school. I’ll know shipment status at all times and will know when to schedule help and when parents and children can either take home with them or an adult can pick up at the school on two scheduled pick up days.

At the PICK UP……. (With 2 or 3 volunteers help.)
In addition, my sister-in-law who has a son at Woodlawn, my daughter Olivia and Son would also be available.)
I’ll have volunteers help me set out & organize products
One person to read orders to me
I’ll collect the items as their read off for someone to put in a bag.
One person will write the name on the outside of the bag and place them in a box alphabetically.

I’m sure with this plan we’ll succeed and/or meet our goal!

One question. Are you offering 10% of your commission or an additional 10% of the sales? There is a big difference. If you are offering 10% of the sales total that you are donating and you are purchasing the award gifts for the kids and paying the 30% off for the parents awards then you may end up paying out of pocket rather than making money or just breaking even.

If you are offering 10% of your commission then that will not total 25% for the organization and they will have to sell more to reach their goal.

Is that clear? Someone please tell me if my math is off.

Also, don't say KIDS, say students. It's much more professional.

pcsharon1 said:
One question. Are you offering 10% of your commission or an additional 10% of the sales? There is a big difference. If you are offering 10% of the sales total that you are donating and you are purchasing the award gifts for the kids and paying the 30% off for the parents awards then you may end up paying out of pocket rather than making money or just breaking even.

If you are offering 10% of your commission then that will not total 25% for the organization and they will have to sell more to reach their goal.

Is that clear? Someone please tell me if my math is off.

I wanted to give 10 of my 15 percent that I'll receive. 15 plus 10 is 25. I think that will drop the teachers gift.

Students... Thank you for that!

Okay so you are using the other 5-7% - the rest of your commission - for the awards? I think the idea is good, do you have anything specific picked out for the awards. I have been interested in this as well.

Another idea is that if the organization thinks the entire catalog is too many products for the kids to try to be selling - only use the new product mini-catalogs. There are fewer products and they are the newer items. You can always put a sticker on the mini cat for people to call you if they want something specific that isn't in the mini. But you could still sell from the full product line at your kick-off. I know sometimes I have had people say the catalog is too much for the kids to try to sell, people have too many choices to make and take too long with their orders.

Just a thought.

pcsharon1 said:
Okay so you are using the other 5-7% - the rest of your commission - for the awards? I think the idea is good, do you have anything specific picked out for the awards. I have been interested in this as well.

Another idea is that if the organization thinks the entire catalog is too many products for the kids to try to be selling - only use the new product mini-catalogs. There are fewer products and they are the newer items. You can always put a sticker on the mini cat for people to call you if they want something specific that isn't in the mini. But you could still sell from the full product line at your kick-off. I know sometimes I have had people say the catalog is too much for the kids to try to sell, people have too many choices to make and take too long with their orders.

Just a thought.

Awesome Idea on the mini catalog! I'll be sure to include that in my note to give them another option. Thank you guys for your input.

I'm still working on the awards. I was entertaining the idea on the free gift as the citrus peeler or choosing one of those plastic braclets that I can get at a supply store for real cheap. They love that kind of thing. I get the oriential trading mag. and they have tons of that kind of thing. Kids will eat it up! For the Gift Pack - Some other products of the like from the same place and maybe the seal and press. The student to sell the most would get both and a gift certificate for a cd or dvd of their choice. I thought about a small mp3 player. I think they would really enjoy that.

I'll let you know how it turns out. This is for a chance to get into the Feb. Committee meeting to make my pitch. They make the final notice in March or April. This would be for the first fundraiser of the year next Sept. Keep your fingers crossed.

You may not want to say the order will ship one week from the date it is submitted. Sometimes it doesn't, especially at "high volume" times. Also if it is submitted on Friday, it may or may not be delivered by the next Friday. I would also be a little leary of having it delivered to the school unless you would be positive the FedEx guy would not just "drop and run" and what time it would be delivered. I know my FedEx guy comes as late as 5-6 p.m. at times and no one would be at the school except maybe janitorial staff who may not be too happy with getting all those boxes. I can imagine this could be 12+ boxes and could really take up a lot of room. You may also want to "qualify" what makes up the sales...without shipping and sales tax. I have had hosts confused with this and think if their total sales (including their order, shipping, and tax) equals $150, they have a "show". You know that the Fundraisers don't get the Host discounts, etc., right? That means the 30% discount comes out of your pocket! Here is the info from the Policy Manual:Fundraisers and the Host Program
• The organization is not eligible for host benefits.
• The chairperson is eligible to purchase one Monthly Host Special as a thank you for organizing the Show.
• No Booking Benefits are awarded from a fundraiser because the organization receives
$3 for each booking.
• However, if the fundraiser was booked from a Cooking or Catalog Show, that past host can purchase the Monthly Host Special at the Fundraiser Show.

Bumping for Sherri

1. What is the minimum number of orders required for a large fundraiser?

The minimum number of orders required for a large fundraiser is typically 50 orders. However, this may vary depending on the specific fundraiser program and your consultant's policies.

2. Can we customize the order forms with our organization's logo and information?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers the option to customize order forms with your organization's logo and information. This can help personalize the fundraiser and make it more appealing to potential customers.

3. Are there any discounts or incentives for large fundraisers?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers special discounts and incentives for large fundraisers. Your consultant will be able to provide you with more information on these offers and how to qualify for them.

4. How long does a large fundraiser typically last?

The length of a large fundraiser can vary, but it typically lasts between 2-4 weeks. Your consultant will work with you to determine the best timeframe for your specific fundraiser and organization.

5. What types of products are available for a large fundraiser?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of high-quality kitchen and cooking products that are perfect for a large fundraiser. From cookware and bakeware to kitchen tools and gadgets, there is something for everyone. Your consultant can provide you with a catalog of available products for your fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rebeccasmith
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
rebeccasmith
  • MissyPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heatherstobbs