• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraising for 500+ Kids: Ideas & Tips

In summary, the conversation discusses seeking help on a fundraiser idea for a large school with over 500 students. Suggestions are made to send out mini-catalogs instead of full catalogs and to tie in the fundraiser with the new spring product release. It is also suggested to have students collect orders and highlight the new products in a letter and possibly in the school's monthly newsletter.
laurieandjaffy
Gold Member
I need help/info on a fundraiser idea. I am thinking of approaching the president of the PTA at my kids school about a fundraiser. The problem...big school, over 500 kids. How would I go about that? It would be almost impossible to have that many catalogs. Have any of you ever done a fundraiser this big? I am just wondering how a fundraiser really works. Do you offer the full catalog of products? Do you make up a flyer of only a few? Please give me some info. I need to be prepared before i approach her. She is a very nice lady who orders from me frequently. I am sure she will love the idea but I just need to "have all my ducks in a row".

I haven't offered one that big, but I have done one for 5th grade (about 65 students). I sent a packet of an outside order form, catalog, introductory letter and postcard invitation (to the live cooking show) for each student. Here's an idea: could you take 100 catalogs to the office and have them there for parents who want one? And with online ordering, people can place orders without having a catalog in front of them.The letter I sent is at http://www.chefsuccess.com/attachments/f5/10124d1201635499-fundraiser-form-incentives-fr-letter.doc. It has a letter to the students and parents on one side, and a selection of top-selling products on the back (which is a little out of date, because it's a couple of years old). The products listed on the back gave people an idea of what we offer without needing the catalog.

laurieandjaffy said:
I need help/info on a fundraiser idea. I am thinking of approaching the president of the PTA at my kids school about a fundraiser. The problem...big school, over 500 kids. How would I go about that? It would be almost impossible to have that many catalogs. Have any of you ever done a fundraiser this big? I am just wondering how a fundraiser really works. Do you offer the full catalog of products? Do you make up a flyer of only a few? Please give me some info. I need to be prepared before i approach her. She is a very nice lady who orders from me frequently. I am sure she will love the idea but I just need to "have all my ducks in a row".

One idea for a fundraiser like this is to wait until an item is on sale (like stoneware this past month or cookbooks in the past) and sale only those sale items. You would sale the items at full price and give the school the 20% as soon as you had all the orders. The PC would then mail them the check for their 15%.

The only problem is we don't know when anything is going to be on sale next. But thought I might throw the idea out there for those who wanted it!:)

One of my team members is absolutely amazing at fundraisers. The last fundraiser she had was over $10,000 and it was for the High School Volleyball team. She had about 30 girls collect orders and she said this was actually more profitable than the ones over 100 people because ALL the girls participated. When you get into large groups like that, there are usually only about 20% that sale what you want. You know what they say 20% of the people do 80% of the work!

HTH someone!!!:)

You could make up a letter with your PWS address and a printed outside order form. Instead of full catalogs, you could tie it in with the new spring product release and send out mini-catalogs stressing in the letter that if folks want something from the extended catalog to either contact you at your contact # or via your PWS. Having that many mini-catalogs (one for each student and a few extra for in the office) would be a lot cheaper than sending out the full catalogs and you'd highlight the new spring products... Also, if they have a monthly newsletter make sure to get a mention in that as well, in case students lose the catalog they may get the newsletter home and pique the interest of a parent.

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I would be happy to offer some suggestions for your fundraiser idea. First, congratulations on wanting to approach the PTA about this opportunity! Fundraisers are a great way to not only raise money for a good cause, but also to showcase the amazing products that Pampered Chef has to offer.When it comes to a fundraiser for a large school like yours, it can seem overwhelming to think about having enough catalogs for all 500+ students. One option could be to offer a digital catalog instead of physical ones. This way, the PTA can promote the fundraiser through email or on the school's website, and interested families can easily shop and place their orders online. Another option could be to have a few physical catalogs available at the school's office or at PTA meetings for interested families to browse through.In terms of what products to offer, it's up to you and the PTA to decide. You could offer the full catalog, a selection of top-selling products, or even create a themed bundle (such as a "back to school" bundle) to make it easier for families to choose. It's also a good idea to have some samples available for people to try, as this can often lead to more sales.Lastly, it's important to have a clear plan in place before approaching the PTA. This could include details on how the fundraiser will work, what products will be offered, and how the profits will be divided between the PTA and your business. It's also a good idea to have a timeline in mind for when the fundraiser will take place and when orders will need to be submitted.I hope this helps give you some ideas and information to prepare for your meeting with the PTA. Good luck with your fundraiser and happy cooking!

What are the benefits of using Pampered Chef for a fundraising event?

There are several benefits to using Pampered Chef for a fundraising event. First, our products are high-quality and in high demand, making them easy to sell. Second, our fundraising program offers a 25% profit for your organization, which is higher than most other fundraising options. Third, our products are practical and useful, making them great for everyday use. Lastly, our team will provide support and resources to help ensure a successful fundraiser.

How can I get started with a Pampered Chef fundraiser for 500+ kids?

To get started with a Pampered Chef fundraiser for 500+ kids, simply contact our fundraising team. They will provide you with all the necessary information and resources to get started. You can also set up your fundraiser online through our website, making it easy and convenient to manage.

What types of products are available for a fundraising event with 500+ kids?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen and cooking products that are perfect for a fundraising event with 500+ kids. Our catalog includes items such as cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and even food products. We also offer special themed collections and bundles that are great for fundraising events.

How can I promote my Pampered Chef fundraiser to reach 500+ kids?

There are several ways to promote your Pampered Chef fundraiser to reach 500+ kids. First, make sure to utilize all available communication channels, such as social media, email, and flyers. You can also reach out to local schools and organizations to spread the word. Additionally, offering incentives or prizes for top sellers can help motivate participants to promote the fundraiser to their friends and family.

What type of support does Pampered Chef offer for fundraising events with 500+ kids?

Pampered Chef offers comprehensive support for fundraising events with 500+ kids. Our team will provide you with resources and materials to make your fundraiser a success, such as catalogs, order forms, and marketing materials. We also offer support and guidance throughout the fundraising process to ensure a smooth and successful event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Roadtripray
  • starrmarie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies