• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

School Fundraiser Over 1,000 Kids

In summary, the author has been asked to present PC to the school PTA, which will also include the state PTA Director. They are pretty certain they will secure the school, but there is a possibility that they could get over 11 schools and over 11,000 kids. They are new to this, and are trying to figure out a way for both the school to profit and them not be out of money in the end. They are giving 10% of their commission, but in the end they would like to also walk away with a profit. Has anyone out there done a fundraiser with 1,000 plus participants? If so, can they contact the author? They also need to think about the shipping, as they want to sort
Caringpurelove
I have been asked to present PC to the school PTA which will also include the state PTA Director. I am pretty certain I will secure the school that invited me to present (1,000 kids) BUT there is a possibility that I could get over 11 schools and over 11,000 kids. I am new and this will be my first fundraiser. I thought about ordering the mini catalogs and having a custom order form made so that I can just give each child one order form which will hold multiple orders. There will obviously be overhead and A LOT of time I will have to invest and I am trying to figure out a way for both the school to profit BIG and for me not be out of money in the end. I am giving 10% of my commission but in the end I would like to also walk away with a profit as well and have it be a win/win situation. Has anyone out there done a fundraiser with 1,000 plus participants? If so, can you contact me directly and give me some advice?

Caringpurelove

Buy a website now. Don't wait to qualify and get it free. When you qualify they will extend the site expiration date by 3 months. It is the best money I have ever spent.

I've not done any fundraisers, but I'm not sure how you'll keep from losing money only keeping 5%? You know you only receive 15% Commision on Fundraisers?? Right? :confused:

DOnate only 5% commission - with 1,000 kids they should definitely get over $600 in orders to qualify for the 15% rate

This way you can say you donate 20% back to the school.

Don't expect to make a lot of money - it's more to get your name out there and help the organization - hopefully you'll get parties and recruit leads - that's more why I do fundraisers.

This a wonderful opportunity for you! Congratulations!!! I haven't done any fundraisers this big, but hopefully someday! How did you go about contacting the school to offer the fundraiser?

Keep us updated on how things go! Good luck to you!

I am invoved with a school fundraiser right now it started last night 1000.all together that includes teachers.......
they are also sending it to all the school teachers in all the schools in the whole town, and police and fire dept too

i bought 6x9 white envelops ,
i flyer on yellow paper ,
i 3ply order form ,
1 mini catalog

yes get the web-site now that way it can be linked to see the full catalog and also order. Fell free to call me or contact me

i also did a middle school last year 800.kids $6000. Not everyone participated but it got me to miami

With that big of potential, be sure to talk with your director/recruiter for advice on handling something that large too!Good luck!

I ordered the envelpoes from Nationwide Envelope company 800-554-1179
1000 6x9 for 30.26 plus shipping I thought that was good
I did not give any of my commission I gave a DCB so they can run a RAFFLE
I did go to the Open house to tell about the fundraiser a bit
Yes get help from your director too
You also need to think about the shipping do you want to sort the products with help or do DIRECT SHIPPING

Caringpurelove said:
I have been asked to present PC to the school PTA which will also include the state PTA Director. I am pretty certain I will secure the school that invited me to present (1,000 kids) BUT there is a possibility that I could get over 11 schools and over 11,000 kids. I am new and this will be my first fundraiser. I thought about ordering the mini catalogs and having a custom order form made so that I can just give each child one order form which will hold multiple orders. There will obviously be overhead and A LOT of time I will have to invest and I am trying to figure out a way for both the school to profit BIG and for me not be out of money in the end. I am giving 10% of my commission but in the end I would like to also walk away with a profit as well and have it be a win/win situation. Has anyone out there done a fundraiser with 1,000 plus participants? If so, can you contact me directly and give me some advice?

Caringpurelove

That is great!! I agree with the other posts get the website now!!! it is a great tool. How did you manage to get the school? I would love to do a PC fundraiser at my kid's school instead of him selling over priced gift wrap & candy etc. Way to go!! Please post as the fund raiser progresses. I would love to hear how it is going.

Last edited:
I had done a fundraiser for over 500 familes for our local baseball/softball league. My total sales were $2,700. If I had a choice to do it again I would not! First, I had also ordered mini cats and made my own orderform. We had a "kick off". I did get a few orders but was waiting for some of the team moms to finish handing out the info for those who weren't there. My web site was a God send. I was so disappointed with the lack of help from the team moms and athletic director. After the "kick off" I was on my own. Not to mention the food I bought for it. I couldn't tell you how rude these people were. They just basically came for free food. These are friends and members of my community. I only got 2 bookings out of it. When it was all said and done, I lost $$. I wouldn't have cared if I was able to build up a customer list. While I understand the economy in very tough, even close friends did not buy anything. I know very well they can. Towards the last week, waiting for last minute payments, I got very sick. Had 3 tick diseases (one was a form of malaria) Within the first few days of having a high fever, I called the director and let her know that I was very sick and had not submitted the show and was still waiting for $. I told her it will be delayed a bit. Never a call nothing. I know she got the message. A friend I had know for 5 years. When I was finally able to get off the coach and check my email, all I got were nasty messages from her. Forget the $$ part, I can't tell you how hurt I am by everyone. I have done so much to help in our community. I'm not asking for sympathy, but a little compassion. If someone called me and told me that I would call to make sure they were ok and could I do anything for them.
When I finally got the order and seperated them by myself, I delivered about 50 orders all around different towns. I was lucky to get a thank you. I know I didn't have to deliver them, but since it was a few weeks late I didn't want to wait for the director to set up a time at the community center to pick up orders. Sorry as you can tell this is still a very sore spot. I know I should just let it go. Everytime I go out I don't even want to run into anyone.
P.S I did not tell them I was going to give part of my commission. I was going to, but them decided not to.

This came from my Ex. Director. I used a lot of her suggestions- had a $2100 fundraiser with minimal headaches. Would definitely do them again.

As a way to step up our business and beat our personal best is through fundraisers. This is an excellent way not only to increase sales but also an excellent opportunity to expand your customer base. I would suggest that everyone dial in and listen to this pre-recorded call by Nancy Jo Ryan who is one of the National Executive Directors who has a fabulous track record with successful fundraisers.
The phone # is:

218-844-0951
#375800#

I just picked up the orders from a fundraiser I am finishing up with a local high school band. There are 62 members. I have to count yet how many turned in orders but it is just shy of $3000. The band director didn't push the kids much and the booster rep was in and out of medical testing the whole time so I'm thrilled with how they did without much prodding. This will put me over the points needed for Disney level 2 and I am donating 10% since they did over $1000. I will get 17% since I'm past my 15K in career sales and I"ll be contacting every person who ordered to thank them and do follow up. So I'll still have 7% to cover expenses. I'm got tons of new contact names and am thankful to help the band out. I actually did full size catalogs and got about 1/3 back. The others are out there floating around with my info on them! YAHOO! I am contacting more schools asap. I want level 3 for my family!!!!!! I encourage you to go ahead and see where this takes you.

quiverfull7 said:
I just picked up the orders from a fundraiser I am finishing up with a local high school band. There are 62 members. I have to count yet how many turned in orders but it is just shy of $3000. The band director didn't push the kids much and the booster rep was in and out of medical testing the whole time so I'm thrilled with how they did without much prodding. This will put me over the points needed for Disney level 2 and I am donating 10% since they did over $1000. I will get 17% since I'm past my 15K in career sales and I"ll be contacting every person who ordered to thank them and do follow up. So I'll still have 7% to cover expenses. I'm got tons of new contact names and am thankful to help the band out. I actually did full size catalogs and got about 1/3 back. The others are out there floating around with my info on them! YAHOO! I am contacting more schools asap. I want level 3 for my family!!!!!! I encourage you to go ahead and see where this takes you.

Very encouraging to hear, Di, since I have a fundraiser with our band starting next week!

About how many of the band members would you say participated? I'm trying to get packets ready, and haven't heard yet from them how many they think they'll need.

This way you can say you donate 20% back to the school.

technically, she isn't giving them 20% i think that seems misleading to tell them that. (this isn't meant to offend anyone)

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond but I just want to thank everyone for the feedback and advice. I have my big meeting tomorrow and I will keep everyone informed as to what happens. Again, thank you! PS I was given a chance to present PC to the PTA board and state director by a friend who is a PTA President. I pitched it to her first who thought it would be a great fundraiser for her own school.

Just make sure they understand you are helping them out by doing this. Keep track of all your expenses. I did one in March/April. I was told it would be 26 parents...5 participated. I prepared packets for 26 and got back only part of them. I printed out all information on my printer and burned through a color and black cartridge. I gave them full-size catalogs. I was PROMISED a table 2-3 nights per week at the Gym Club. I worked 2 nights and the owner said parents complained that they didn't know what I was doing! DUH...I was telling them but no one connected with the Gym Club told the non-competition team parents. I was also promised a table at their two meets that were being held in April... They backed out of that! I had no idea who was selling and who wasn't and two parents orders were not turned in to me until after I closed it for the month. I talked to the 5 parents who did March and they said they would work on orders for April... Well the first one was $1120... I promised free shipping (won't make that mistake again) and a $25 gift card for the student who sold the most. One of the "last minute" orders turned in was over $300 as well as another one, so I gave both kids one. I also promised them 10% of my 15% commission if it reached $1,000! I LOST money big time on that one! The April one was only $400 and the parents who were late turning theirs in pitched a fit on ME because their child was only getting 10% when the other kids got 25% of total sales! It was MY fault for not being able to KNOW the other parents were turning something in. I was also accused by the owners of "cheating them out of money" because all other companies they worked with on fundraisers gave them 50% back... Each parent turned in a "master order" for all the individual orders they took so I gained no contacts from this at all!Never again!

What is the minimum order requirement for the School Fundraiser Over 1,000 Kids?

The minimum order requirement for the School Fundraiser Over 1,000 Kids is 50 items. This ensures that the fundraiser will be profitable for your school.

How do I submit my order for the School Fundraiser Over 1,000 Kids?

You can submit your order for the School Fundraiser Over 1,000 Kids online or through a Pampered Chef consultant. Simply fill out the order form with the desired items and quantities, and provide payment.

Are there any discounts or incentives for ordering larger quantities for the School Fundraiser Over 1,000 Kids?

Yes, there are discounts and incentives available for ordering larger quantities for the School Fundraiser Over 1,000 Kids. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

How long will it take for my order to be delivered for the School Fundraiser Over 1,000 Kids?

Orders for the School Fundraiser Over 1,000 Kids typically take 2-3 weeks to be delivered. This allows time for processing and shipping of the items.

Can I customize the items available for the School Fundraiser Over 1,000 Kids?

Yes, you can customize the items available for the School Fundraiser Over 1,000 Kids. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information on available customization options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rebeccasmith
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
rebeccasmith
  • starrmarie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • msmileyface