• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catching Up on Your Coffee Shop Dream

In summary, the conversation revolved around Anne's plans to open a coffee shop called Pratt's Hill of Beans, Coffee Tea and Sinful Desserts. She has been looking at different locations and has finally decided on one that includes 3 acres of land, two billboards, and a liquor license. The seller initially tried to negotiate a higher price, but eventually agreed to sell for less. Anne is currently finalizing her business plan and is excited about her new venture. The conversation also touched on family connections and potential referrals for Anne's business.
heat123
Silver Member
I've been out of the loop this month, busy month for me.. just wanted to see how your coffee shop dream is going? Did you decide on a name??? Hope all is well with it!

Yeah, Anne, do let us know girlie:)

bumping, wanna know an update... anyone know how it's going for Anne?

Hi... I laid low for a little bit. Yes, the plans are coming along. We have a name: Pratt's Hill of Beans, Coffee Tea and Sinful Desserts.

We have looked at a number of locations, and I keep liking the first one. Its been on the market a long time, and at first the seller was trying to strong arm us. I guess he realized he needed the money, and just said, if you offer X, you can have it. It comes with 3 acres of land, two billboards and a liquor license. LOL Its funny because what he wants is less than what we were going to offer. So, I think we're going to take one more look at it, because we couldn't see the basement last time, and then put in the offer. I have the text of my business plan together and still working on some of the pro forma stuff. Its exhausting, overwhelming, and all encompassing, and I LOVE it! :)

I have an entire thread started just me me?! Aww, shucks!

Sounds awesome! Congrats again! You are living my dream!!!! :) Keep us updated as your new Business progresses!

Thanks! Oh, you'll be hearing ALL about it. LOL

Anne: When and if this happens let me know where is Jersey it will be. My late cousin's wife lives in May's Landing (I think that's the name) and their family is not too far. I'll tell them to check out your place!

Harriet: We are 20 minutes from Mays Landing, actually, that's where my dir lives. Do you mind sharing the names you know? Maybe I know them.

AJPratt said:
Harriet: We are 20 minutes from Mays Landing, actually, that's where my dir lives. Do you mind sharing the names you know? Maybe I know them.

My cousin who passed away was Melvin Loftus--he passed away in a car crash a few years back on his way to work--he worked at a furniture place.

His wife's name is Georgette Loftus. She is in Mays Landing. She has two daughters, one is Kathy and the other is Priscilla--I don't remember Priscilla's married name. She also has a son David who works at the Hilton in Atlantic City and he is married but I forgot his wife's name.

Any of these names ring a bell? I invite Georgette to shop with me and she never does. So, I don't know if they have a PC consultant or not.

Last edited:
Yes, I remember hearing about that. The accident wasn't far from here. I am so sorry to hear that. The name is familiar, but I don't know them personally.

Its funny because I have been trying to get DH's cousin to sign. He's in Petersburg. He would be amazing at this!

Well if they do want a local PC Consultant I will recommend that they contact you--how's that?

Aww... thanks! If and when Shaun signs... I will send him your way! I'll PM you my info.

The family had a picture in the local paper on his birthday (Feb 22) as a rememberance. Georgette sent it to me via e-mail. It's on my regular e-mail account not my PC one so I can't access it right now. If you want I can forward the article to you later.

Sure, you could do that. I do know some Loftuses, but they may be no relation.

Thanks for your PM. They were originally from Lowell, MA.

AJPratt said:
Hi... I laid low for a little bit. Yes, the plans are coming along. We have a name: Pratt's Hill of Beans, Coffee Tea and Sinful Desserts.

We have looked at a number of locations, and I keep liking the first one. Its been on the market a long time, and at first the seller was trying to strong arm us. I guess he realized he needed the money, and just said, if you offer X, you can have it. It comes with 3 acres of land, two billboards and a liquor license. LOL Its funny because what he wants is less than what we were going to offer. So, I think we're going to take one more look at it, because we couldn't see the basement last time, and then put in the offer. I have the text of my business plan together and still working on some of the pro forma stuff. Its exhausting, overwhelming, and all encompassing, and I LOVE it! :)

I have an entire thread started just me me?! Aww, shucks!

Good Luck Anne!! When ever I am driving through NJ, I will stop by. I HAVE to try those Sinful Desserts!!!!:D

How exciting Anne! I'm glad it's working out for ya so far:) Best of luck to you!

AJ - glad to hear things are coming along! :) I hope it continues to go well - keep us posted!

What is "Catching Up on Your Coffee Shop Dream"?

"Catching Up on Your Coffee Shop Dream" is a workshop offered by Pampered Chef that focuses on teaching individuals how to turn their dream of owning a successful coffee shop into a reality.

Who is the workshop for?

The workshop is for anyone who has a passion for coffee and dreams of owning their own coffee shop. Whether you have previous experience in the food industry or not, this workshop is designed to help you achieve your dream.

What topics are covered in the workshop?

The workshop covers a variety of topics including choosing the right location, creating a business plan, finding suppliers, marketing strategies, and tips for managing finances.

How long is the workshop?

The workshop typically lasts for 2-3 hours, depending on the size of the group and the amount of questions and discussion that takes place.

What can I expect to gain from attending the workshop?

By attending the workshop, you can expect to gain valuable knowledge and insights from experienced coffee shop owners, as well as practical tips and strategies for turning your dream into a successful business. You will also have the opportunity to network with other like-minded individuals and receive ongoing support from the Pampered Chef community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • General Chat
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • heat123
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt