• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Have a Coffee Shop and a Pampered Chef Business?

In summary, Anne is considering quiting her job as a consultant to open her own coffee shop. She has a lot of work and long hours, but she is willing to do it if it is her dream.
AJPratt said:
You crack me up... I have never thought of myself as "perky". LOL

Dave thought of: Perk Up, Sit a Bit Coffee Shop (that's actually on a sign we have in our kitchen), Fancy Coffee.

The location I want is at 4413 White Horse Pike, Mullica Twp. White Horse Pike is aka Route 30, and its on the eastbound side.

Pratt's Perk or Pike's Perk?

Cuppa Perkfection!

Is that on US 30 or NJ 30?Edited to add: Okay, I looked it up on Streets & Trips - US 30.US 30 is known across the country as The Lincoln Highway. Technically, you are not on the LH since it crosses the Delaware up in Trenton and joins US 30 west of Philly.Still, check out the neighborhood and see if anyone else uses the Lincoln Highway theme. If not...just forget I said anything about it. More on the Lincoln Highway in New Jersey.There is a popular place in Huntsville, Alabama called "Seattle South." How about "Seattle Jersey?"

Last edited:
AJPratt said:
Coff a Cuppie...
I like this the best. It made me laugh out loud!

Since "drips" can sometimes have a negative connotation, I might suggestion something more positive.

So, here's my list:

The Coffee Break (or brake, if it's drive-thru)
Perky Lady
The Blessed Bean
Cafe au lait
Roasters
The Roasted Nut (or nest, if you want it more comfy-sounding)
Coffee Comfort Stop
Mocha Magic
Tempest in a Coffee Pot
Kaffee Kingdom
The Coffee Tree

I might also suggest you take a "leaf" from the Starbucks book. Pick one of your very favor words and build an image around that. It doesn't necessarily even have to have Coffee in the title.

Trish in Texas
Future Director & Recruiter

Coff a Cuppie is hysterical. That is my pick!

DebbieSAChef said:
Anne's Coffee shop

Perk U Up!

Taste of Heaven!

Yummy Creations!

The Tasty Shop

Warm pleasures!

Java Joint

Debbie :D

Warm pleasures.... ummm... I'm speechless...

Hi Anne! Since we are in the same cluster I say go for it but please don't give up PC...Our meetings just wouldn't be the same without you!!!!! :0(

I have NO intentions of giving this up... I think it would be the perfect compliment. But, PLEASE don't say anything... to ANYONE... I haven't old my family yet, because we're still trying to figure out if we can do it.

Oh. I guess I better take down that web site I put up for you.

Thanks, KG! LOL

What about Pratt's Coffee, Confections & More?

Pratt's Coffee, Tea and Confections or

Pratt's Coffee, Confections and More

Pratt's Coffee & Tea

Pratt & Co Coffee and Tea Dispensers

As You Like It Coffee andTea

Muffin Maker's Coffe and Tea

Jack's Pratt - A Fairy Tale Experience

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Jack's Pratt - A Fairy Tale Experience
That's adorable. You would probably have better luck coming up with a name than I have.

lisacb77 said:
Cuppa Joe??

We have a KuppaJoe ( Not sure if they are like trademarked or something) :rolleyes:

What about Pratt's Perks?

AJPratt said:
That's adorable. You would probably have better luck coming up with a name than I have.
Darby had some good ones!

What's in the neighborhood? Courthouse? Industry? Retail? Maybe we could play off the defining commerse or physical attribute of the neighborhood.

Janet Evanovich came up with such good names for her books set in Trenton - like Cluck in A Bucket.

Darby had some great ones... I'm just waiting for "the one". In one location its like small town USA, going through a total redesign with new sidewalks, trees and storefronts... its a small town has a pizza place, couple of 5 and 10 stores (Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215).

The other is in the middle of nowhere (Mullica Township, NJ 08037 or 08217)... where I live, but across the street is the police, town hall and school. There NO restaurants of any kind in my town. There's a Country store (Knick Knacks) and a bar. You would have to drive to Hammonton, 10 miles away or into EHC, which for us is about 5, but further for others.

Egg Harbor...there is an Egg Harbor in Door County, Wisconsin with one of my favorite places, a chocolatier with the name The Chocolate Chicken. Maybe you could piggyback on that, like the Floyd's Harbor Shop with a barber pole or The Coffee Coop.Okay, those were fowl but you get the idea. A chicken in love is poultry emotion. C'mon you guys, I'm just trying to egg you on. There must be at least a dozen good egg names here. I'm sure we can come up with something eggciting for you!If someone comes up with the right name, it could win a pullet surprise!

Last edited:
I think we like "Hill of Beans".

It would be Hill of Beans, Coffee * Tea * Confections

Then someone said they didn't know what "Confectionary" meant. SO, I guess now I'm looking for another word or phrase... like "desserts" or "& More", something to replace the "Confectionary" part.

Last edited:
Chicken?Hehehehehehehehehehehe

Okay here are a few:

The Lighthouse - if you are near the water?!?
Cloud 9
Haven
Higher Ground Coffee House
Planet Java
Heavenly Brew
Koffee Cauldron
Jumpin' Java
Brewed Awakenings
A Whole Latte Love
Cool Beans Coffee Shop
Cafe Amore

There you go.

Interesting little known fact...Hill of Beans - Its most famous appearance, which brought it to the notice of a wide international public, was at the end of the film Casablanca, in which Humphrey Bogart says to Ingrid Bergman, “Ilsa, I’m no good at being noble, but it doesn’t take much to see that the problems of three little people don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world”.

You should play up that classic reference...:p

"Ground up the usual suspects!"

Last edited:
I'm impressed KG reads Janet Evanovich
Must say I was disappointed with the last book Plum Lovin much too short & not enough Grandma Mazur (I used to work in a funeral home and I swear to goodness we had a little old lady just like her that attended every visitation)
Teresa

With Stephanie, you KNOW a car is going to blow up and you KNOW Grandma Mazur is going to have some key role that is more than comic relief. How can you not like a hamster named Rex? (Not to mention, Lulu!)

I'm waitin on them to do a movie
Danny Devito as Vinnie
Estelle Getty as Grandma
Queen Letefa as LuLu

There was a TV movie made of One For The Money in 2002, but apparently, no one ever saw it. I sure didn't.I had heard that there is a movie in production but I cannot find any reference to it in the usual places.Queen Latifa would have to gain weight to play that part. ;)

thechefofnorthbend said:
Hill of Beans - Its most famous appearance, which brought it to the notice of a wide international public, was at the end of the film Casablanca, in which Humphrey Bogart says to Ingrid Bergman, “Ilsa, I’m no good at being noble, but it doesn’t take much to see that the problems of three little people don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world”.

You should play up that classic reference...:p
More and more I feel like this is something I was meant to do... When I read your post to Dave he smiled and got quiet. He said upstairs in his office, is a framed poster from Casablanca that was given to him by the former owner of the station who passed away a few years ago. He said we'll hang that up and put the quote under it. He said it didn't even occur to him about the quote until I mentioned the post.

Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she had to walk into mine.

:>)Where the is a will, God will lead you the way...

My blessings to you and your family in this venture. You go for it, girl!!

Anne
This is so exciting!!
There is a little coffee shop in my town. She is open till 2 pm every day and I think that is great!
We so need places where people could gather. Where groups can meet.
Maybe a play on words (like the Corner Office which is really a bar!) such as the Cozy Kitchen – something that invites people in for a break.
I read some great ideas – here’s mine:
Eggceptional Treats
Laid Back
Java Eggstordinaire
Coffee Klatch
The Morning Glory

Do you remember the old PC logo of the chicken on the chef's hat?
Maybe you could revamp it!!!

Blessings to you!

I am totally with Darby on that one then. I mean that is really special to honor him that way. :D I am SUPER excited for you!!!

Anne,

Here are few ideas that my DH and I thought would be cute throughout your establishment. Quotes you can have on the walls, or tabletops, on coffee mugs, etc...

"Thank you for the coffee, monsieur. I shall miss that when I leave Casablanca.
It was gracious of you to share it with me"

"I don't like disturbances in my place. Either lay off politics, or get out"

"First they take Ugarte and then she walks in. Well, I guess that's the way it goes... one out and one in..."

"Give me another.
Sascha, she's had enough.
Don't listen to him, Sascha. Fill it up!
Yvonne, I loff you, but he pays me."

"You'll excuse me, gentlemen. Your business is politics, mine is running a saloon."

"Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship"

"With the whole world crumbling, we pick this time to fall in love.
Yeah, it's pretty bad timing. Where were you, say, ten years ago?"

"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she had to walk into mine."

"The first evening I came to this café, I knew there was something between you and Ilsa"

:D

I think a Casablanca-themed coffee house would be great!

Did you know that the piano they used in the movie only had 55 keys? Normal pianos have 88. It was smaller so they had more flexibility moving it around the set. (I saw it here in Detroit at a showing for one of the big anniversaries of the movie.)

That's why I suggested "Ground up the usual suspects."
019_strasser_airport.jpg
Major Strasse has been shot. [Okay, he's about to be but this was the only still I could find.] Ground up the usual suspects.

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she had to walk into mine.
028_rick_cafe.jpg

Last edited:
Awww....DH and I watched Casblanca on our honeymoon. This brings back memories.

Best movie ever made. Period.

Isn't it funny how the brain works? I kept getting ideas on the way home that this would be a great "theme" for a coffee shop. Casablanca is in Morocco, which is also a big tea-drinking country. So there's your tie-in for serving tea!OR... for a completely different theme. Have a signature baked good: banana bread or banana muffins. And then go with "Grounds for A-Peel" as the shop name. :D

the little local coffee shop here is called the daily grind they serve all the fancy coffee & tea, wraps, salads muffins and desserts

chefann said:
Isn't it funny how the brain works? I kept getting ideas on the way home that this would be a great "theme" for a coffee shop. Casablanca is in Morocco, which is also a big tea-drinking country. So there's your tie-in for serving tea!

OR... for a completely different theme. Have a signature baked good: banana bread or banana muffins. And then go with "Grounds for A-Peel" as the shop name. :D
That works if you're next to the courthouse.

Thanks for all of your great suggestions!

UPDATE: Its been a loooong time since we discussed this. I have received a loan commitment from a bank, meet with the architect tomorrow and sign the lease on Friday. We can take possession whenever we want. Its just an empty retail space that we'll have to do the entire build out ourselves, but I like the idea of a blank canvas.

Thanks for all of your encouragement, I truly appeciate it.

I'm NOWHERE near open, but with any luck I will be by Sept!

WoW!
I can't tell you how many times I've wondered what ever happened to this..if you were still doing it!
I'm so excited for you!
Good luck, and post pics when the construction is done!
:)

Cool Anne, I posted(hijacked) on some random thread about how it's coming along so far! I'm soo envious you are doing this, I soo would love to open up a shop of myown someday! Good luck and keep us posted on your progess!

I am so proud of you for making your dreams a reality!!!
Wishing you all the best with this endeavor!! Name a frothy drink after us. Cuppa Success!!

Congrats Ann! Good luck, definately keep me posted, I can't wait to come in and have a cup of coffee!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tanya Becker
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies