• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Have a Coffee Shop and a Pampered Chef Business?

In summary, Anne is considering quiting her job as a consultant to open her own coffee shop. She has a lot of work and long hours, but she is willing to do it if it is her dream.
chefann said:
Katie, I'll swing down from Detroit and pick you up on my way past...

Wouldn't that be great to have a big CS cheering section at the grand opening?
Not to mention, a crowd overloaded on caffein!

katie0128 said:
Where are you in Ohio? At some point, I'm gonna organize a road trip to NJ... I'm sure I'll stop and pickup cheffers all along the way...

Hi, Katie!
I'm probably not exactly "conveniently located" from you. lol
I'm in Poland, Ohio, a suburb of Youngstown. It's about 5 hours away from Cincinnati!!:eek:
Looking at a map, I live approximately 1 mile east of Interstate 680, off of Western Reserve Road, if that's on your map.

I'm about 45 minutes from Pittsburgh airport, which is where I fly out of for conference!:)

Thanks anyway!
Paula

pamperedlinda said:
What's the closest airport? Maybe I can pop-up there for lunch. (Now, don't go thinking that I have lots of extra cash laying around.....DH works for Delta so I can fly free!)
That would be too cool! There is Atlantic City International which is minutes from us and then Philadelphia International, which is a half hour from us.

KG... Kansas City to here? That 18 hours will seem like a hop, skip and a jump!

Or the other way around - depends on when you schedule your grand opening. ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Or the other way around - depends on when you schedule your grand opening. ;)
I see.........

Shawnna: I meant to say this sooner, but thank you for sharing your story! It is really inspiring!

AJPratt said:
OMG! The support is overwhelming! And I appreciate ALL the feedback. Its just something I'm kicking around, maybe in a different light becuase its a little more real. What I would like to do is be open like 6 or 7am until 1pm or 2pm. Serve coffee, danishes, maybe have whole or ground flavored beans for sale. I know the restaurant business is tough but if I do something on the lighter side, maybe it wouldn't be something unattainable.

Hi ANNE!

I am going to be in Philadelphia (only 41 minutes from you) heading to Sea Bright, NJ this next Thursday, July 5-July 9th. It would be cool if we could meet up. I am staying at a Marriott Hotel near Philadelphia airport.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
...said the blind man, {insert} as he picked up his hammer and saw.
{insert}: to the deaf man, over the phone

smspamperedchef said:
Hi ANNE!

I am going to be in Philadelphia (only 41 minutes from you) heading to Sea Bright, NJ this next Thursday, July 5-July 9th. It would be cool if we could meet up. I am staying at a Marriott Hotel near Philadelphia airport.
We could meet for dinner! What nights are you free?

chefann said:
{insert}: to the deaf man, over the phone
You guys are too much!

No, we're not. Our jokes are.I know another really good blind man joke but I dare not post it here.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, we're not. Our jokes are.
Don't push it.

Love it! I hope to make it up that way one of these days!

On a side note....You need to capitaliz the "T" in the Fresh tomato & Mozzarella Panini.....sorry, I once worked for an editor and it has really cursed me when I read anything!

AJPratt said:

Anne! How cool is that! You are so official now........I wish I lived closer - I'd be there every day (if you have free Wi-Fi;) )
Great website - and the spot you chose for your Coffee House looks great too.

I love your quote at the very end of the page ~ it made me smile.:)

btw.....Can you send me one of those Turkey, Cranberry & Cream Cheese panini's? Sounds YUMMY!

Paula R. Lewis said:
Hi, Katie!
I'm probably not exactly "conveniently located" from you. lol
I'm in Poland, Ohio, a suburb of Youngstown. It's about 5 hours away from Cincinnati!!:eek:
Looking at a map, I live approximately 1 mile east of Interstate 680, off of Western Reserve Road, if that's on your map.

I'm about 45 minutes from Pittsburgh airport, which is where I fly out of for conference!:)

Thanks anyway!
Paula

OMG! I have family in Poland!!! And I have a really good friend in Salem and a BIL in Pitt! I know exactly where you are!

Hi Anne,
I just checked out your website and read some of your blog. This is SO exciting!!! I'm very excited for you and can't wait to hear all the updates and see more pictures. This is SUCH a neat idea and it sound like with all of the other things around your location that this is just going to take off for you guys!!

I can't wait to hear all the updates. Good luck in this very exciting endeavor!!!:)

Thanks, everyone! I wish all of you could come by!

Becky: This is exciting! Hard to believe in February I was just talking about it and now I'm doing it... and the best part is people are taking me seriously. In my current job, that doesn't happen.

Linda: I'll have to tell the web guy. I just told him the layout I wanted and gave him the text.

Katie,
What a small world, huh? Next time you're up this way, let me know, and maybe we can meet, too!! Even though it's not in New Jersey...sorry, Ann!

(smile)

Paula
Conference 2....less than two weeks away....WOW!!

AJPratt said:
We could meet for dinner! What nights are you free?
Well, we will be in Philadelphia on Thursday night but are driving to Sea Bright, NJ Friday morning thru either Sunday night or Monday morning. My stepdaughter gets married next Sunday night. I guess you work during the day? Would love to at least say HI!

I love the website! Very cute! As long as you have comfy chairs and some cute giftsy stuff to buy and I am in the area I am there! How fun will that huge PC purchase be of all the SA stuff!

Very cool website Anne! I"m so excited to hear about your success with this:)

OMG, Anne how exciting! I just saw the website and pic! I will have to check out the website when I have some extra time! Congrats and give us a Grandopening update come Sept!

Thanks, Heather! I keep trying to update my blog because I want to have this memorialized!

smspamperedchef said:
Well, we will be in Philadelphia on Thursday night but are driving to Sea Bright, NJ Friday morning thru either Sunday night or Monday morning. My stepdaughter gets married next Sunday night. I guess you work during the day? Would love to at least say HI!
SO SORRY! I don't think I got the notice that you posted this! Sheez! Next time, please email or PM me! I don't want you to think I'm being rude.

How are things going?How is your coffee shop coming along? How exciting, you get to pick out the look for your shop, paint, design, etc....
Want to give us some ideas of the things you will be doing and how you will be setting up your shop. I love stuff like that. I would love to have a bakery someday and would be so excited about decorating my own shop.

I forgot to ask this last time but are you going to be selling pastries too. From local bakers, what about lunch items (sandwiches, soups, etc), or is it strictly drinks only! As far as the drinks, will there be teas in addition to the coffee? I am not a coffee drinker but I can imagine there are hundreds of flavors for coffees.

Debbie :D

Things are going great! I am working with a great designer. Take a look at the website, and that'll give you an idea of my colors, or the colors I want to use.

We will be featuring baked goods, maybe some sandwiches, and yes, we will have tea as well. We don't plan on selling flavored coffee, though. I don't like the idea of adding a chemical like that. But we'll see what the demand is for, I may have to.

So, Anne...when you have franchises all over the country with your HUGELY successful coffee shop, will you still remember us "little people"?

btw - where are your javatini's? Dang, that was a GrEaT drink and the Java bar the night of our MnG!! Did anyone have one of those! well worth the $12, IMHO!

WowWow those colors are great. I love the brown for coffee and pink to add some pretty color!! Great combination for a coffee shop!!

Oh now I wish I was in NJ to visit your shop!! Your menu looks great!! I see plenty of success in your future!! We will keep you in prayer and keep us updated. It seems you found a great place to open up your shop. Not much competition and plenty of eager coffee drinkers will be lined up in no time. Especially with the help of your brother and an ad for your business. When is the estimated opening day??

Debbie :D

I've just found this thread. Congrats on how well the plans are coming Ann. I thought, well live in NJ I can just "drop by" sometime, I'm still not used to the fact that NJ is much bigger in real-life then it looked on my school tests. I'm about 2 hours away. Hopefully sometime after you open I'll have several reasons to be down your way.

It looks fantastic and I know you can make a success of this. May getting ready continue to go smoothly and you be open and business be all you hope it will be.

Hey Anne, bump up the thread when you are updating your blogs or have new pics of your interior design! I am just so excited for you!

pcchris said:
So, Anne...when you have franchises all over the country with your HUGELY successful coffee shop, will you still remember us "little people"?

btw - where are your javatini's? Dang, that was a GrEaT drink and the Java bar the night of our MnG!! Did anyone have one of those! well worth the $12, IMHO!

I will always remember the little people. LOL

I didn't have a javatini! What was in it?

I know what you mean, Tasha! With Dave's relatives all in Warren County, I am all too familiar with the drive.

I will be sure to bump the thread when there is a blog update. I think you can also subscribe to it?

AJPratt said:
I will always remember the little people. LOL

I didn't have a javatini! What was in it?

I"m going from memory...

UV vodka, creme de cacao, espresso, and something else...MAN! If you like coffee (and a little alcohol :eek: )...the javatini is a must!! Next year at conference I'll have one with you, if you wanna!

Bump... How did this turn out? Did you go through with it?

Hi, Cassandra! Thanks for asking. Boy, are we ever "going through with it"! Right now, we are in the buildout stages and things are moving slowly but surely. We are HOPING to open in December. And, the funniest thing, my PC business is going OK! I have managed to stay active during this mess. Plus, I have 2 fundraisers: one this month and one the next. You can check my website at http://www.prattshillofbeans.com/ and my blog at PHOB's Blog - Bravenet Blog.

That is great! Congratulations and thanks for the links :)~

AJPratt said:
I ran into someone today who said they could help me make my dream of a Coffee Shop a reality. But do I have to give this biz up to make it happen? What do you guys think?

Just saw this thread - was seriously considering opening an internet cafe/bakery. I think it sounds great! You should reread your contract just in case, but i don't see why not as long as you don't sell PC stock in your coffee shop! Can't wait to see how this thread progresses. :)

Hi, Susan... Its been quite some time since I started this thread (way back in Feb!). I wasn't sure if I could physically do both, but so far so good. I have managed to stay active and we are probably a month from opening. Its been quite a ride. My director has been incredibly supportive--genuinely excited for me. She even wants to hold her meetings at my store! Its actually possible since we'll have a tea room.

So good to hear the progress of your PC business and the coffee shop updates. I can't wait to hear the results of opening day!

I'll be waiting for more news of your opening so I can tell my cousin down your way to stop in and invite her friends and family in too!

AJPratt said:
Hi, Susan... Its been quite some time since I started this thread (way back in Feb!). I wasn't sure if I could physically do both, but so far so good. I have managed to stay active and we are probably a month from opening. Its been quite a ride. My director has been incredibly supportive--genuinely excited for me. She even wants to hold her meetings at my store! Its actually possible since we'll have a tea room.
Yes, Anne please share pics of your grandopening(final piece of work inside and out) and share how it goes! Good luck! :)

Anne, Do you know the actual date yet of your grand opening? leggy

We are HOPING to be open in December. SO, say your prayers!! Here is a pic of some work we've done inside. I have a website with blog and photo album and guestbook. Store construction - A Bravenet.com Photocenter

Please forgive me if I've been redundant. I am so blessed t have so many supportive people in my life that its hard to keep track of who I have told what!!

Hey, Anne! I've got a pair of earrings I made you, specifically to wear at the shop. If I mail it to the shop's address, will you get the package?

AJPratt said:
We are HOPING to be open in December. SO, say your prayers!! Here is a pic of some work we've done inside. I have a website with blog and photo album and guestbook. Store construction - A Bravenet.com Photocenter

Please forgive me if I've been redundant. I am so blessed t have so many supportive people in my life that its hard to keep track of who I have told what!!
You are now officially the Chairman of the CS Department of Redundancy Department.

Well now... THAT is an honor not bestowed on many! :)

Congratulations Ann! :balloon: I have been watching your progress from the sidelines.

How exciting for you! Can't wait to hear about your grand opening too!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tanya Becker
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies