• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Have a Coffee Shop and a Pampered Chef Business?

In summary, Anne is considering quiting her job as a consultant to open her own coffee shop. She has a lot of work and long hours, but she is willing to do it if it is her dream.
quiverfull7 said:
Well now... THAT is an honor not bestowed on many! :)
You can say that again.

KG: You are too funny!

Ann: I have having problems with the mail at the store... you might want to send it to my home. Thanks everyone for your kind words!

Oh, forgot to say... WE MADE THE PAPER! The other day I spoke to a reporter from the local paper. What a nice guy! Here is a link to the article he wrote: http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/business/story/7519024p-7418703c.html

KG: This double post was for you!

Awesome Anne! I'm so excited for you that your dream is coming true:)

Hi... Its been a while, but I just wanted to check in and say we should be open mid-January (or so). FINALLY!!!

Thanks for checking in and giving us an update. I can't wait to hear that you opened! I wish you the very best Anne for the holidays and the coming New Year! Good luck with the last minute things.

That's awesome! Any new pics on your blog?

I was thinking about you earlier today and wondering if you were up to your ears in coffee. Glad to hear from you. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Oh that is so exciting to hear someones dream coming true!!! If I was closer I would be a regular!!! Best of luck Anne!!

Wow, that place looks HUGE! LOVE the sign and your chairs so far! Good luck Anne! Give us final grandopening pics please! Happy Holidays to you!

I LOVE :love: that big squooshy armchair. What a perfect place to curl up with a book and a big mug o' joe. I'd love to be there for the grand opening, but travel in January (other than Leadership) is out of the question, because of my show schedule. But any Cheffers who live within 2 hours MUST be there to support Anne!!!

Can't wait---we'll stop by on our way home from Atlantic City---whenever we go again. Best of luck with the grand opening!

thanks for updating us...am excited for you! we'll be in the northeast a lot this year, so count on us stopping by! :)

Wow, are you just pinching yourself? How exciting! I would definately come check it out if I was closer:thumbup:

It is very exciting. Every now and then I take a minute and say "Holy sh*t, I'm really doing this." Sometimes I get so caught up in the issues with concrete, electricians, etc, that I forget how fortunate I am.

Those comfy chairs... I saw them in the store and they were so odd looking by themselves, but work REALLY well with the pattern we're using on the dining chairs.

We hired a designer and it was a big flop. To be honest, I just don't think she liked me very much, ever get that feeling? SO, not only did she not care for me, we didn't have a lot of money to spend. Now, she did help us with colors and she did do what she said she would, but what a b*tch. So, I just stopped calling her and I'm determined to make this look good in spite of her.

I think that for a coffee shop, the color choice is probably the hardest decision. You want it to be cozy and warm looking, without being like every other shop out there. I just love that reddish color on the armchair -it would look great with dark sage green and a couple of browns/beiges.

There was a time I wanted to open a tea shop/quilt store.... but that never came about. I was a PC consultant up to March of this year, but I found my love of quilting and teaching was taking over. I had to make a bit decision and put my pc business on the back burner. As much as I loved being a consultant and loooooooooooved the products (what do I mean loved.. I mean STILL LOVE) I made the executive decision to start up my quilt pattern/teaching business. Come January 2, 2008 i will be finished my research and will put my nose down and start getting my business more advertised. I have already added another day of teaching and more private classes. I hope to have an Ebay business of my designs and products to sell by Spring. I will be selling Tote bags and various other bags mostly. Come the Fall I plan to start getting my products ready for Christmas. I plan to sell quilted tree skirts, stockings, bags, and other handmade things from me! I also plan to sell my Christmas chocolate cakes and other treats come end of Nov and Dec. I have already started my list of things I need to do. I also need to start my database for all my students.
Whether your business is PC Consulting, coffee shop, or quilt pattern/teaching business it all takes time and work. But I have always dreamed of having my own home based business. I had it with PC, but felt my heart was more in my sewing, quilting and teaching.
Once I have my website/ebay business up and running I will post here to welcome you all to my store.!!

Good luck if you decide on the coffee shop business. Every day is an adventure when you have your own business. I'm lovin' every day of it too!!

Cheers
Andrea

Andrea- if you're looking for someplace with less fees than eBay, check out etsy.com. It's a similar online marketplace, but for handmade items, patterns and supplies. They have much more reasonable fees than eBay, and people who shop there are looking specifically for handmade (and are willing to pay a fair price - they're not bargain hunters like many eBayers are).

Anne, it won't be long now! How exciting!!!!

Thanks, Debbie! It IS exciting! I remember out in Chicago, I had hit three or four coffee houses by the time I met up with everyone for lunch. I was exhausted!

We are planning to open the week of the 14th. Once we have a firm date, I'll let everyone know, just in case anyone is in the area and wants to stop in.

And, my December PC was $1700 in sales. Holy crap! I have to "not care so much" more often! LOL

Here are pics of the store primed, ready to be painted:
We're primed! - A Bravenet.com Photocenter

Wow Anne, it's REALLY getting close now! I hope you have a packed opening day! And, way to go with keeping your PC biz going through all your excitement:thumbup:

Anne, how cool!!! I know you are excited and I am excited for you~the sign is too cool!

when its open let me know----I will grab Jen Lee for a little r$r before the baby----
good luck----are you going to be at Leadership?

Thanks, everyone... The sign is amazing. It was made in the next town over by the nicest guy in the world.

Morfia, that sounds great! Jen must be due soon! I really wanted to make Leadership, but the timing with the store doesn't make it possible this year. I'm also missing our annual cruise. I think next year would be easier for me to make. Oh, well.

If I'm ever in the area, I'm stopping by :)
Hey...will you be mail ordering coffee and tea? Just a thought, since PC no longer carries them...

That would be especially cool if you could get the recipe for the old TPC coffee.Not that it was that good (it wasn't) but it wasn't that bad, either.

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update. Even though I haven't met most of you, I "told" you all before I really told anyone. This is partly from my blog:

Our building is basically done… the walls/trim are up and being painted, the bathrooms are installed, the equipment is ready to be placed, the electric is done, the floors are done. The counters are installed and the lights are up. It looks better than I could have imagined--even on what some have referred to as “our tiny budget”. Like my sign guy said, “You might be small potatoes, but they’re YOUR potatoes”. Truer words have never been spoken. You know, even though we don’t have a lot of money, sometimes I just want to shout, “I have class, damnit”! (When I want to, anyway!) Just because you don’t have a lot of money, doesn’t mean you can’t do something nice without sacrificing quality.

I have new pictures in my photo album, so be sure to check them out! Here’s a link: Pratt's Hill of Beans Pre-Opening Photo Album - A Bravenet.com Photocenter.

So, the last couple of days have kind of come to a stress crescendo. To make a long story short, we had some issues with our equipment and getting it wired, placed, whatever you want to call it, etc. I just read an article on how different celebrities de-stress. Madonna says she “screams a lot”. Boy, I bet my contractors are glad I’m not Madonna.

Did I mention that our beautiful, marble display case cracked? We had it stored in a vacant unit and I’m not sure what happened to it. There were so many people in and out that anything is possible. Anyway, the replacement glass came in and that was cracked. So, it’s going to take 2 months for new glass to come from China. The equipment dealer was kind enough to give us a loaner. I’m heartbroken because its not our beautiful pieces, but it will do the job.

We are hoping to open February 4th, with a friends and family event on the 3rd (yes, I know,., Superbowl Sunday). Anyway, I'd love to see some of you, if you're nearby!

My PC business is still going great! At our last meeting, my director gave me an "I beat my director" ribbon. How sweet!

Anne, I LOVE :love: the lights! They're so happy looking - like the Dots mugs. :) I wish I could come out for a cuppa, but my show schedule is too busy (hooray!).

I was thinking about you yesterday Anne. Wondering if I had missed the grand opening and our celebratory cyber coffee toast! Feb 4th - what time are we all supposed to gather at Chef Success with our favorite cup of coffee and salute you? Wish I was closer, I'd come to the official opening.

The pictures look great - and geeze louise that is some bright pink hair you got there girlfriend! Glad you stopped by to say hello. We miss you around here.

Anne, glad to hear an update. Every so often I go check out the blog to see how it's going. I absolutely LOVE those lights! and your sign guy was right - they are your potatoes, screw everyone else who thinks that just because your potatoes are a little smaller than some other people, they're not as good, because darn it - yours are better! You have put so much sweat and tears into this coffee shop that it is going to be better than whatever some of those big potato people are doing! (Can you tell I love my CS friends?) I wish I could stop by after you open, however I don't see myself getting out of the midwest for a while (I gotta kick myself into gear!). I am so excited for you and am looking forward to hearing how opening goes and seeing the final pictures! Keep it up - your dreams are coming true baby!

Hey Anne!
I just sent an email with a link to your website to a few friends of mine in Jersey... I told 'em to visit your shop when it's open and tell you that I said Hi. :D

Thanks, everyone!

Thanks, Laura!!!!!

Love the lights! I can't wait to see the FINAL pics:thumbup:
So happy for ya Anne; & kudos to you for keeping your PC biz going through all of this!

Thanks, Lacy... Its pretty exciting! We are going through our final inspections this week. Keep your fingers crossed!

Congratulations Anne - hope your opening is a huge success!:)

I love the 'potatoes' comment on your blog, Anne. I'm really excited for you!!!

How exciting!! I can't wait to stop in! (I am on Morfia's team) and perhaps we'll take a road trip! :)

How fun! Are you going to be selling coffee beans to any of us? I'd love to try your coffee!

Awesome Ann! Your dream is developing so nicely! I can't wait to hear about G.O ! Good luck and much success to it!

heyyy.... Anne... You may kill me but I mentioned your coffee place to a couple of my consultants in the Jersey area on a conference call I did last night, and they said "ooh it'd be so fun to have our team meetings there till we get too big!". Does your place have a little room or anything for a little team to gather? They're just getting started, so there's only 3 plus however many guests they get to attend... for now. :D

Hey Anne I am glad things are going well for you !!!

Hi, everyone! I have been running around like crazy, but I wanted to let you know that after several days of nothing but nail-biting, I am thrilled to announce that we passed all of our inspections! We will host a Friends and Family Event on Sunday, February 3rd (yes, Superbowl Sunday from 10a to 2pm and open our doors to the public on Monday, February 4th at 6am.

So, thanks to everyone for their well-wishes and prayers! It worked!!

And,yes, I will sell my coffee beans.

And, yes, Laura, we have a meeting room. We will be renting it out for tea parties and meetings.

That's awesome Anne! Enjoy your new venture and good luck:)

WAHOO!
So, what time do we all gather here on Chef Success with our celebratory cup of coffee?

How about 10a Eastern, so the West-coasters have half a chance to join us? That'll be 9a Central, 8a Mountain and 7a Pacific.Anne- I sent you a little something that you can wear at your opening. :)

Lots of luck Anne! Wish I could be there for your opening! I will let my relatives know about your shop and hope they come in!

Wo-hoo Anne!:balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

I'll be thinking of you on your opening day! We're going to Staten Island to watch the big game, but I will visit one day !

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tanya Becker
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies